As Sony adds more stability to our PS4's {X1 JULY update}

• 60 results
#1 Edited by B4X (2700 posts) -

Microsoft is bringing the goods.

Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV. You can view a video about this feature here.

• Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on you controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
  • Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria can now enable voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you're an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
  • Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
  • ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re are adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.
#2 Posted by LadyBlue (3742 posts) -

lol the fastest in the west. I tip my hat. :P

#3 Posted by hoyalawya (333 posts) -

In addition to likes, I would love the ability to add comments to friend's game clips. Default permission is to allow only friends to comment on a video clip. Clip owner can decide whether to grant commenting permission to no one, friends only, friends + followers, or everyone. Please work on that next Microsoft.

#4 Posted by B4X (2700 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

lol the fastest in the west. I tip my hat. :P

Thank you. :p

#5 Posted by B4X (2700 posts) -

Cow fanboys at a lose for words?

Don't be shy.

#6 Posted by cantloginnow (91 posts) -

Thats really cool.

#7 Edited by Heil68 (42710 posts) -

Snap Mode for Achievements

golly, I'm going to use that ALL the time.

#8 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6622 posts) -

So Sony finally fixed the wobble, then?

#9 Edited by 123pazu (37 posts) -

Sorry, I don't care about achievements/trophies... I play games for FUN only, thank you...

#10 Posted by getyeryayasout (6913 posts) -

Pretty cool. Would've been great a couple years ago when I really went after achievements.

#11 Posted by xhawk27 (7090 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Snap Mode for Achievements

golly, I'm going to use that ALL the time.

Thank you Microsoft, A Company that listens to the Consumer.

#12 Posted by LadyBlue (3742 posts) -

My wiiu wobbles. :(

#13 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6622 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I would call Nintendo and tell them to give you one that doesn't.

#14 Posted by LadyBlue (3742 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I would call Nintendo and tell them to give you one that doesn't.

I'm not sending my machine for "repair" because of a wobble. :P

Not a real issue for me. Just having fun with the situation.

#15 Posted by KingJuggaNott (78 posts) -

Dope...

#16 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9429 posts) -

Also take a look at how sweet the Twitter app will be Source

In Xbox's OneGuide — Microsoft's TV listing guide — you'll be able to see shows people are tweeting about in real-time.

You'll also be able to see what shows are trending in a separate area

What's most interesting to us is that you'll have the ability to see live tweets while watching a show. Hitting a view button on the Xbox One controller will allow fans to interact with tweets from official series accounts as well as those from cast and crew. They'll then be able to retweet and favorite those tweets using their account.

Here's how that will look:

Cows should like this because it's TV related.

#17 Edited by TheEroica (13078 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice: I lol'd at your last line...

Glad ms is bringing the brand a little more into focus... Microsoft realistically, as a software developer, should really be able to shine all gen long in u.i. improvements and features.... still, I look at the two consoles and say "siamese twins" can't go wrong owning either... good for gamers, not sold as to whether it's good for the system wars yet...

#18 Posted by cainetao11 (15952 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice:

Hilarious end to that post. TV is all good now, yeah Sony!!!!

Some interesting things there. I could see me using it during the NHL, or NFL season.

#19 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9429 posts) -

@TheEroica: Had to throw that little jab in after E3 lol

I'm impressed with the way MS keeps on improving this box every month.

In my house they are pretty different. I use the X1 constantly because I can use it for my entire entertainment system, from turning everything on at once with a command to switching from games to TV to apps seamlessly. And then of course to play games.

I turn on my PS4 to play games and that's it ( which is fine ) but a much different experience that what I am having with the X1.

#20 Posted by inb4uall (5150 posts) -

I couldn't care less about trophies, achievements, or gamerscore.

#21 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2625 posts) -

Loving the monthly updates the June one was awesome and I'm quite happy with my new 4TB HDD, and this July one looks nice too . I'm still hoping they let us snap music play without losing screen real estate I think ima go to that new feedback site post that, I think it is already one of the most requested features but they keep delaying it for some reason.

#22 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10893 posts) -

What I want the most is a preload ability like what the PS4 is doing. I'd be more interested in digital purchases if I had that option.

#23 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3325 posts) -

@b4x: '

''to our PS4's'' - haha as if u have a ps4

#24 Posted by edwardecl (1799 posts) -

Do Xbox fanboys really piss themselves of features like these?

Nothing wrong with a stability updates, I do wish they would implement the missing media function though like they promised.

#25 Posted by GamingGod999 (2905 posts) -

It's features like these that make me go out and buy a $400 system!

/sarcasm

#26 Edited by B4X (2700 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

Glad ms is bringing the brand a little more into focus... Microsoft realistically, as a software developer, should really be able to shine all gen long in u.i. improvements and features.... still, I look at the two consoles and say "siamese twins" can't go wrong owning either... good for gamers, not sold as to whether it's good for the system wars yet...

When Sony is showing their inept ability to write OS software. I think it's great SW news.

Wouldn't you agree? This news Isn't to anti-SonySpot?

/s

#27 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

Who cares about video game achievements unless you can't accomplish much in real life.

#28 Posted by B4X (2700 posts) -

@Indicud said:

Lol TC cares about video game achievements because he can't accomplish much in real life.

Accept breaking my arm falling off your mom. That's something!! :p

#29 Edited by B4X (2700 posts) -

@Indicud: Already caught before the NINJA edit.. :P

You're mine now baby boy.

#30 Posted by Krelian-co (10085 posts) -

@b4x said:

@TheEroica said:

When Sony is showing their inept ability to write OS software. I think it's great SW news.

/s

yeah and microsoft is inept at making hardware, hence rrod and weak souce xbone, but i guess being able to take screenshots of achievements is more important than the fact that multiplat games will be weaker all gen long on xbone /loled

#31 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

Love it!

Achievements give me a reason to play more of a game that I enjoyed after the main stuff

#32 Edited by B4X (2700 posts) -

@b4x said:

@TheEroica said:

/s

yeah and microsoft is inept at making hardware, hence rrod and weak souce xbone, but i guess being able to take screenshots of achievements is more important than the fact that multiplat games will be weaker all gen long on xbone /loled

My balls are lower Patrick.

#33 Posted by CyberLips (1660 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Indicud said:

Lol TC cares about video game achievements because he can't accomplish much in real life.

You know you've been owned when you start making mom jokes. ;)

#35 Edited by Krelian-co (10085 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@TheEroica said:

/s

thanks for posting a random reply, let's just agree that you have nothing of worth to say and you have been destroyed on yet another argument, carry on.

#36 Edited by AmazonAngry (682 posts) -

Well when you don't have games, gotta bring something.

#37 Posted by Chutebox (36222 posts) -
#38 Edited by B4X (2700 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@TheEroica said:

/s

thanks for posting a random reply, let's just agree that you have nothing of worth to say and you have been destroyed on yet another argument, carry on.

Sorry, I have learned my lesson in replying to your stupid a month ago. No offense. You can continue to hug the nuts. I kinda like it now. :p

#39 Edited by B4X (2700 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Indicud said:

I was thinking the same thing before I hit submit. Then My stupid took over. :P

#40 Posted by Krelian-co (10085 posts) -

@b4x said:

@CyberLips said:

@b4x said:

@Indicud said:

I was thinking the same thing before I hit submit. Then My stupid took over. :P

which is on 100% of the time xD

#41 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (385 posts) -

I contacted Sony support about the wobble in mine. They rushed out a Sony coaster to put under my console. Top notch service if you ask me.

#42 Posted by Krelian-co (10085 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@TheEroica said:

/s

Sorry, I have learned my lesson in replying to your stupid a month ago. No offense. You can continue to hug the nuts. I kinda like it now. :p

hey it's cool, i know when you get destroyed in arguments you have to deflect somehow even if it is with dumb gifs and replies, no hard feelings please i just do a community service making dumb lems like yourself look even more dumb.

#43 Posted by B4X (2700 posts) -

@Krelian-co: Quote me when I have ever been destroyed? As you call it.

Calling some one butt hurt, jelly, salty, chronic vag syndrome is not getting destroyed. You guys couldn't destroy me in my sleep.

Mental midgets. :p

#44 Posted by NFJSupreme (5032 posts) -

that's actually a pretty cool feature. Also that game looks like it will be fun when I get it on PC.

#45 Posted by FastRobby (811 posts) -

Nice, this is going to help getting all those achievements. I find it to big of a hassle to go the a sub-board just to see which achievements are possible, I want them in the same screen with a tracker. 1000/1000 for Max the curse of brotherhood, let's go

#46 Posted by yokofox33 (28993 posts) -

I can see how the Snap Achievement thing would be beneficial for people. Sometimes you do just want to see how far away you are from completing an achievement.

#47 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (483 posts) -

PS4 will soon become the most "stable" console in history.

#48 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5909 posts) -

I can see how the Snap Achievement thing would be beneficial for people. Sometimes you do just want to see how far away you are from completing an achievement.

Certainly. Forza Achievements are few and far between if you just play and don't seek them out. Snapping will show me just what is next to come and how close i am with little effort. I will definitely be using this to catch up to some of my friends. lol.

#49 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3794 posts) -

@b4x said:

@TheEroica said:

/s

That's not accurate. Easy to say though. 360 hardware was fine in terms of gaming performance and this is reflected in that even Sony has adopted many of the same principles this gen (a more unified architecture with less proprietary parts). The X1 is only weaker because they wanted to have Kinect as part of their direction before they pussy'd out. You know this, everybody knows this. It wasn't for some lack of ability to build a powerful console, it was purely a cost balance.

In terms of reliability, sure, the 360 had a serious issue, which I'm still not clear about given they struggled to fix it in some of the later hardware revisions. I think as a result of that they went over-the-top with the reliability of the X1. Where as Sony was daring enough to make a sleeker console, MS designed something with reliability in mind.

#50 Posted by Krelian-co (10085 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@TheEroica said:

/s

That's not accurate. Easy to say though. 360 hardware was fine in terms of gaming performance and this is reflected in that even Sony has adopted many of the same principles this gen (a more unified architecture with less proprietary parts). The X1 is only weaker because they wanted to have Kinect as part of their direction before they pussy'd out. You know this, everybody knows this. It wasn't for some lack of ability to build a powerful console, it was purely a cost balance.

In terms of reliability, sure, the 360 had a serious issue, which I'm still not clear about given they struggled to fix it in some of the later hardware revisions. I think as a result of that they went over-the-top with the reliability of the X1. Where as Sony was daring enough to make a sleeker console, MS designed something with reliability in mind.

too much bla bla bla to try to spin the fact last gen they made a rushed defective console and this time they made a weak pos system to try and force kinect on people, drop it and then get stuck with inferior performance all gen long.