As a PC Gamer I have to admit

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Honestly, in pics I see a small difference....but I don't play games still frame by still frame....So I don't really see a difference in videos and stuff.

well it's probably difficult to see with your head so far up your ass

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

unfortunately you are not allowed to say bad things about PC in this forum. this is herm central.

and unfortunately anyone that is caught not praising sony is automatically viewed as a lemming

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 lostrib

@lawlessx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

unfortunately you are not allowed to say bad things about PC in this forum. this is herm central.

and unfortunately anyone that is caught not praising sony is automatically viewed as a lemming

QFT

just ask @kinectthedots and @Sagemode87

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Well at least you cropped the second image enough for it to not be recognised by a reverse image search.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

@pelvist: Is it smart to keep the SLI bridge coverings on like in that picture? I'd think not...

Also the card is NOT in the top PCI E slot, might explain a lack of performance (if it is indeed his).

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Zlurodirom said:

@pelvist: Is it smart to keep the SLI bridge coverings on like in that picture? I'd think not...

Also the card is NOT in the top PCI E slot, might explain a lack of performance (if it is indeed his).

@GioVela2010 Wow.......... This thread has done some real damage to your image....

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Oh god,here he goes again....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lostrib

@Zlurodirom said:

why would leaving the SLI covers on be a problem?

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

You can tell hes a PS fan by the way he post his inner insecurities.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

So, TC gets caught in a lie by saying he took a picture of his GPU box, and we're meant to believe that he sees only minor differences between PC and consoles? Mmmk.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

"my gaming rig has 10 times the power"

show me something that looks 10x better than drive club with weather effects

and go

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

There really isnt much difference between the best looking console games, and the best looking PC games. Don't get me wrong, there is a tiny difference, but it is nothing to brag about considering how much I have payed for my PC.

So take it from a PC gamer with a good PC, you guys (console gamers) are getting a bargain of a deal, nearly identical graphics, and the comfort of plug in play and a better local multiplayer experience. Just plug your console into a nice Plasma and you are set, there is nothing PC related to be jealous about really.

And dont let my fellow hermits troll you about 4K, 4K is still LCD and LCD is garbage compared to a good Plasma, motion resolution on most of these 4K LCD's are horrible.

Anyway Im sure most Hermits agree with me, right hermbros?

I like console exclusives a lot more than pc exclusives, console exclusives are bigger budget and I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Thanks for the honesty.

Prepare for the rage.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lostrib

@mikehockbourns said:

@GioVela2010 said:

There really isnt much difference between the best looking console games, and the best looking PC games. Don't get me wrong, there is a tiny difference, but it is nothing to brag about considering how much I have payed for my PC.

So take it from a PC gamer with a good PC, you guys (console gamers) are getting a bargain of a deal, nearly identical graphics, and the comfort of plug in play and a better local multiplayer experience. Just plug your console into a nice Plasma and you are set, there is nothing PC related to be jealous about really.

And dont let my fellow hermits troll you about 4K, 4K is still LCD and LCD is garbage compared to a good Plasma, motion resolution on most of these 4K LCD's are horrible.

I like console exclusives a lot more than pc exclusives, console exclusives are bigger budget and I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Thanks for the honesty.

Prepare for the rage.

his proof of having a GTX 970 is taken from a review site

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@GioVela2010 said:

Prepare for the rage.

and he brags about a dead television technology

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

This is 100% true.

Consoles has better gfx, better multiplayer, and is more comfortable.

lol. Noob.

1. Show me gfx superior to The Order.

2. Show me better unified service than xbl/psn for PC.

3. As the OP said, Console are more comfy. Simple plug and play from sofa.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Halo2-Best-FPS

@mikehockbourns said:

@GioVela2010 said:

Prepare for the rage.

It's refreshing for a PC gamer to finaly come out and say what we've all been thinking.

Most people can not see the difference past 30 fps, so their 60 fps boasting is fruitless. The graphics differences are not noticable at all. It's not worth 3x the price just to play INDY games.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Zlurodirom

@lostrib: I don't think I've seen a picture of a non-SLI'd graphics card with the plastic coverings still on. I guess it's not really an issue.

@GoldenElementXL Cant tell if this is sarcasm aimed at me or not. Isn't it greatly recommended to have the graphics card in the top slot always?

Guys I think I've found the answer! Giovela just forgot to plug in his GPU (as you can tell from his picture), he's been running all his games on integrated graphics, no wonder he thinks console graphics are so close to a 970!

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

Most people can not see the difference past 30 fps, so their 60 fps boasting is fruitless. The graphics differences are not noticable at all. It's not worth 3x the price just to play INDY games.

Ahahahah, here we go again. Typical console peasant nonsense.

Tell me plebe, if most people can't tell the difference past 30 fps, why are people singing the praises of games like TLOU Remastered and MCC at 60 fps? It's magically better in those games, but of course on multiplats you "can't tell the difference"...righhhttt...

Give me a break. Stop trying to compare your peasant box which is essentially a glorified mid-range gaming laptop to a full fledged gaming PC, console loses every time.

@GioVela2010 You just got caught in a lie, lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lostrib

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@mikehockbourns said:

Prepare for the rage.

It's refreshing for a PC gamer to finaly come out and say what we've all been thinking.

you're trying too hard. dial it back a tad

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

It's all preference. Once people realize this we can focus on what matters; Software. I've played PC and Console for about 25 years now.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zlurodirom
@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@farrell2k said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

This is 100% true.

Consoles has better gfx, better multiplayer, and is more comfortable.

lol. Noob.

1. Show me gfx superior to The Order.

2. Show me better unified service than xbl/psn for PC.

3. As the OP said, Console are more comfy. Simple plug and play from sofa.

As for your first point I would say it is pretty subjective, but I imagine almost every AAA game that has come out in the last few months on ultra 1440p+ would look better (which a 970 strix should be able to do, plus doubling the 30 FPS of The Order and whatever that resolution is).

I don't have enough experience with PSN or other PC multiplayer software to debate point 2. But I do think Xbox Live is pretty well implemented, and if purchased in a yearly bundle is not a huge price issue.

I'm not sure you are aware that computers can be plugged into a TV as easily as a console. If you are knowledgeable about this well known and understood concept, then you may lack critical thinking skills required for proper function as a human or are a troll. I hope it's the latter.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@Zlurodirom said:

The Motherboard has 3 PCIE Slots, only the bottom one isnt x16

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zlurodirom

@mikhail: Honestly I cant really tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps when watching comparison gifs online. I likely would need to experience it in person to really tell.

BUT that does not stop me from acknowledging that 60fps would provide greater precision, something very important in skill based games. I highly doubt it can make a game WORSE having double the frames.

Although I do have to say I do like the cinematic 24 fps or whatever movies are filmed in. When these are adapted to a higher FPS it makes the cinematography look almost fake to me for some reason. If this is similar to a higher fps in video games, I'm not sure how I would enjoy it. Though I could just be some strange outlier, who knows.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mikhail

@GioVela2010 said:

@Zlurodirom said:

The Motherboard has 3 PCIE Slots, only the bottom one isnt x16

How can you put a GPU you don't own into any PCIE slot? Unless you're cutting the motherboard out of cardboard and then slotting them together with glue.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GioVela2010

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@GioVela2010 said:

Prepare for the rage.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@GioVela2010 said:

Prepare for the rage.

Its so hard to take a piece of paper and write something original

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Halo2-Best-FPS

@lostrib said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@mikehockbourns said:

Prepare for the rage.

you're trying to hard. dial it back a tad

Explain why @GioVela2010 doesn't notice such a difference then? He has a PC better than yours yet it makes no difference.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By GioVela2010

@Krelian-co said:

I almost feel sad for TC, you can hear the tears flowing while he looks at a gaming pc pic on the internet then he has to go back to a crappy console.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS

@04dcarraher said:

@GioVela2010 said:

@lostrib said:

Holy crap, rekt.

I feel bad for hermits, it's now official. Gio is a actual PC gamer and he admitted there is no difference in gfx. Does this mean PC is a huge waste of cash?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lundy86_4

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

Explain why @GioVela2010 doesn't notice such a difference then? He has a PC better than yours yet it makes no difference.

It's called having a bias. Or it could be as simple as an out-and-out lie.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mikhail

@Zlurodirom said:

@mikhail: Honestly I cant really tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps when watching comparison gifs online. I likely would need to experience it in person to really tell.

BUT that does not stop me from acknowledging that 60fps would provide greater precision, something very important in skill based games. I highly doubt it can make a game WORSE having double the frames.

Although I do have to say I do like the cinematic 24 fps or whatever movies are filmed in. When these are adapted to a higher FPS it makes the cinematography look almost fake to me for some reason. If this is similar to a higher fps in video games, I'm not sure how I would enjoy it. Though I could just be some strange outlier, who knows.

Games and movies aren't the same thing.

I can't stand film in anything higher than 24 fps.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mikhail

@GioVela2010 Which fans are those, precisely? It looks like you built that system so you should have no problem identifying them. How much RAM is that and what configuration are they in? Are you running custom timings or an XMP profile? Which CPU cooler is that? I know...do you?

Since you lied about your GPU box image, I can only assume you are also lying about this also.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lostrib

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@04dcarraher said:

@GioVela2010 said:

@lostrib said:

Holy crap, rekt.

I feel bad for hermits, it's now official. Gio is a actual PC gamer and he admitted there is no difference in gfx. Does this mean PC is a huge waste of cash?

Just a note, I never questioned if he was a PC gamer. I just pointed out that his proof of having a GTX 970 in the second post was taken from a review site, watermark and all

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lostrib

@lundy86_4 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

pretty much the same bullshit he's been doing here for years

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GioVela2010

SP120 Quiet Editions.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Halo2-Best-FPS

@lundy86_4 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

He just posted a pic of his rig....gtfo

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GioVela2010

CPU is i7 930.

But a Xeon X5650 should arrive tomorrow to replace it (6 cores 12 threads) Gonna OC it of course

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lostrib

@GioVela2010 said:

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

Prepare for the rage.

that doesn't change the facts of what happened

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GioVela2010

@lostrib:

Nor the fact that I do indeed own it

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Zlurodirom

@Halo2-Best-FPS: Getting games at half the price or less over a 4-5 year span, no multiplayer subscription, no worries about backwards comparability, ability to multitask plus I'm sure many other things that I've missed not owning a gaming PC the last 6 years. Yep sounds like a waste of money to me compared to consoles.

PLUS there's the argument that just about everyone already NEEDS a PC or laptop, which costs a bare minimum a couple hundred dollars, just add in the price of a console to that and you can get a decent starting level gaming PC.

People saying playing games on PCs are too expensive are just weird.

@mikhail said:

@Zlurodirom said:

Games and movies aren't the same thing.

I can't stand film in anything higher than 24 fps.

Good to know for when I eventually get a new PC.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS

bookmarked this thread. Incase any Hermit every tries saying PC has better gfx...which it doesn't.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lostrib

@GioVela2010 said:

@lostrib:

Nor the fact that I do indeed own it

i didn't really question that, just pointed out that the proof you provided to show you weren't a liar...was a lie

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By lundy86_4

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

bookmarked this thread. Incase any Hermit every tries saying PC has better gfx...which it doesn't.

Using what evidence? Subjective statements don't help an argument.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By lostrib

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

good, that will be useful to show everyone how you think people can't see a difference above 30 fps

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

He just posted a pic of his rig....gtfo

that doesn't stop him from lying...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#95  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

O look another bias thread/posts from gio.....

And look where his gpu picture came from..... lol

Cant even supply real pics lol

lol. That's just great.

Edit: This troll thread has gone long enough.