Arma Devs Denied bail in greece.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by ioannisdenton (2058 posts) -
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="jonathant5"] Yeah any competent organization would have determined that those two individuals are innocent. But, as we have seen in the last 4 years, the Greek government, and the Greek people of this generation are anything but competent. They dont pay taxes, the government is ineffective and it's politician's are idiots, the people themselves are lazy and get paid for doing no work. For example, during elections, the government had hired people to work for them (but really just giving them a handout because there was no work to be done) just to get votes. Thats how Greek's managed to get into so much debt and force those in EU to pay for their lazy ***es. On another note, in terms of taxes, there were fewer people (in one region) who paid taxes for an income of 50k or larger than there are people who own Porsche's in that region. Oh and loosingEnds, get a job bud, stop making the German's pay for your mistakes.DrTrafalgarLaw

Really? I might have to move to Greece...

It is paradise man, you get paid for doing nothing.

Yeah i was playing some Mp while my door bell rung and i found out a package of Europe's precious hard earned money in my doorstep ... hahahaha Stop the misconceptions please. Do not hate each other.
#152 Posted by ioannisdenton (2058 posts) -
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="ioannisdenton"] i did say what i had to say. If this is what you are believing then fine. i won't argue. i am not blaming the others if this is what you understood.
Also do not take at face value what the press feeds you.
One can hear many false innacurate things from the press.
Of course you are going to hear that greece does not pay taxes since their solution is garbage and they will not accept it. Why they do not let us leave the eurozone?
This is like peace nobel.. yeah look at gaza now.. Europe is watching and masturbating while palistinians got genocided

ioannisdenton

This may help you. Now stop with the lies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/09/greece-tax-evasion-professional-classes

Primary Greek tax evaders are the professional classes

Greece is riddled with corruption, but a study shows that banks, politicians and professional workers are largely to blame

They found that 28bn (£22.4bn) of tax was evaded in 2009 by self-employed people alone.

As GDP that year was 235bn and the total tax base was just 98bn, it is clear that this was a significant sum. At a tax rate of 40%, it amounted to almost half the country's budget deficit in 2008, and 31% in 2009.

.. what this has to do with what i said??? The plain people PAYS it GOD damn taxes. the PLAIN people. That article is true yes but this happens in all countries. Rich poeple have unfair privileges. You are talking with percentages while i am talking about plain people who starve. If you think this is the same then fine.

DO you happen to know that WHILE the salary is 450 euros one LITRE of gasolin costs 1.70 euros in greece?? cause of taxes that is. The heating oil costs 1.5euro per/ litre. TAXES.
#153 Posted by SamiRDuran (2678 posts) -
Shoot them next time to save us from all this drama.
#154 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Now you are just beeing silly

Surly you forget that Greece was destroyed AFTER joining the "European Thieves Union" and the deals the corrupt goverment made with the corrupt European companies

Europe destroyed Greece, not the other way around

loosingENDS

Are you serious right now?

Totally

Have you lived in Greece btw ? The quality of life is like 10.000x times better than any other "developed" country

I know for fact that living in England or US is much much worst in almost every way, from working conditions to the way of life in general

:lol:

Loosey, how come you don't make threads anymore? They were so entertaining. You're basically the king of trolls.

#155 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] Are you serious right now?Master_ShakeXXX

Totally

Have you lived in Greece btw ? The quality of life is like 10.000x times better than any other "developed" country

I know for fact that living in England or US is much much worst in almost every way, from working conditions to the way of life in general

Loosey, how come you don't make threads anymore? They were so entertaining. You're basically the king of trolls.

He's forced to work in order to pay the bailout now.
#156 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
[QUOTE="ioannisdenton"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

This may help you. Now stop with the lies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/09/greece-tax-evasion-professional-classes

Primary Greek tax evaders are the professional classes

Greece is riddled with corruption, but a study shows that banks, politicians and professional workers are largely to blame

They found that 28bn (£22.4bn) of tax was evaded in 2009 by self-employed people alone.

As GDP that year was 235bn and the total tax base was just 98bn, it is clear that this was a significant sum. At a tax rate of 40%, it amounted to almost half the country's budget deficit in 2008, and 31% in 2009.

ioannisdenton
.. what this has to do with what i said??? The plain people PAYS it GOD damn taxes. the PLAIN people. That article is true yes but this happens in all countries. Rich poeple have unfair privileges. You are talking with percentages while i am talking about plain people who starve. If you think this is the same then fine.

DO you happen to know that WHILE the salary is 450 euros one LITRE of gasolin costs 1.70 euros in greece?? cause of taxes that is. The heating oil costs 1.5euro per/ litre. TAXES.

It's 2.25 over here chump, stop complaining and work a day in your life instead of posting here. It's not even 5 o'clock yet in europe.
#157 Posted by ioannisdenton (2058 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="ioannisdenton"][QUOTE="ioannisdenton"] .. what this has to do with what i said??? The plain people PAYS it GOD damn taxes. the PLAIN people. That article is true yes but this happens in all countries. Rich poeple have unfair privileges. You are talking with percentages while i am talking about plain people who starve. If you think this is the same then fine.

It's 2.25 over here chump, stop complaining and work a day in your life instead of posting here. It's not even 5 o'clock yet in europe.

Quite some badass attitude there. I ll watch my rear more closely now. also i ll check my closet. Actually i was a teacher to disabled stidents (mental or physical). What do you do? Owning a company? CEO ? pocket money dweller? Profeesional videogamer? if you cannot see the ration money/cost i cannot help your mentality. You are beyond redemption. I ll stop posting if that is what you want only because we got out of topic. Take care.
#158 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
[QUOTE="ioannisdenton"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="ioannisdenton"] DO you happen to know that WHILE the salary is 450 euros one LITRE of gasolin costs 1.70 euros in greece?? cause of taxes that is. The heating oil costs 1.5euro per/ litre. TAXES.

Quite some badass attitude there. I ll watch my rear more closely now. also i ll check my closet. Actually i was a teacher to disabled stidents (mental or physical). What do you do? Owning a company? CEO ? pocket money dweller? Profeesional videogamer? if you cannot see the ration money/cost i cannot help your mentality. You are beyond redemption. I ll stop posting if that is what you want only because we got out of topic. Take care.

I can see the ratio, but I also see the ratio you've been paying for the last decade. This new thing you guys are experiencing is called "tax". It sucks but it's neccesary evil.
#159 Posted by tenaka2 (17029 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] Are you serious right now?Master_ShakeXXX

Totally

I bet even the trees in greece have more leaves.

#160 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

They should have been arrested for making boring games.Mark36111

Ur a moron...

#161 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Imagine the irony if there was a war that started over Some Arma Devs.

Not saying there will be, but still. This is rediculous.

ReadingRainbow4

Maybe Arma 3 will be delayed and feature a Czech military operation to free Czech prisoneers from Greece? :P

#162 Posted by Animal-Mother (26582 posts) -

I know this is gonna sound absurd, but as a greek (half polish as well)

Greece as a country as beautiful. But damn are the people there just a few screws lose.

As far as some people commenting "Greece should focus on the economy and not arrest game developers"
Are you stupid?

First off taking pictures of a military installation without premission is kind of asking for trouble.

Second off as far as the economy and bail outs go, that country has so much political turmoil it's insane.

There's a minor rise in the communist party there that kind of has a grasp on youth.

Politicians are dirtier than girls in a KY fight.

It's just insane how the government is over there. They fight over the little most absurd things.

So again before you make a stupid comment like "Greece should focus on the economy and not arrest game developers"

But sometimes you have to protect your country. I know if it happened here in the US there'd be some questioning and detainees.

But at the same time I think greece is taking it to the extreme like they always do, like the bunch of imbeciles they are at times.

#163 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Totally

tenaka2

I bet even the trees in greece have more leaves.

And 720p low detail looks like 1080p ultra detail, everything is better in Greece and those two spying clowns don't know how lucky they really are.

#164 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

Don't bother arguing with Loosey, he's a greek. I'm not racist but the greek are distrusting everyone ever since Turkey owned their ass and put them in their place for their bigotry. Just boycott greek products/vacactions or something. Greece has done enough damage to europe, they should arrest their thieving government instead of arma devs. Also lol @ them accusing the devs of spying, their military isn't worth spying on.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Lol. I love greek food, and I don't think I could ever give up Feta. Luckily there are lots of alternatives made here.

Lol feta, another thing they stole from turkey and called it their own. Just buy turkish white cheese, same stuff...better taste.

Feta came from the Byzantine empire, before the Ottomans. Notice the word Feta is of Italian origin and not Turkish. Greece doesn't nead to copy from Turkey because Greece has given more to western civilisation that any other country.

All you idiots on the Internet who **** about Greece and the economy, how about actually going there. 99% of the people who are suffering have nothing to do with all the corruption. Their government and the rich avoiding tax got them into this situation.

Also Greece is 29th just 1 place behind the UK in HDI even in this mess so it's not a horrible place which is why it gets 15 million tourists a year even though it's a tiny country. Turkey's HDi is way below Greece's and the GDP per capita is half. Greece is still 1st world, Turkey is 3rd world.

Notice in this post the words Turkey, Europe, Government, Italy, Economy, Tourist all come from Greek;)

On topic, yea this situation is very stupid and I find it embarrassing as I'm half Greek but all this crap you guys are talking is nonsense.

#165 Posted by Kinthalis (5310 posts) -

Greece as a country as beautiful. But damn are the people there just a few screws lose.

As far as some people commenting "Greece should focus on the economy and not arrest game developers"
Are you stupid?

First off taking pictures of a military installation without premission is kind of asking for trouble.

Second off as far as the economy and bail outs go, that country has so much political turmoil it's insane.

There's a minor rise in the communist party there that kind of has a grasp on youth.

It's just insane how the government is over there. They fight over the little most absurd things.

So again before you make a stupid comment like "Greece should focus on the economy and not arrest game developers"

But sometimes you have to protect your country. I know if it happened here in the US there'd be some questioning and detainees.

But at the same time I think greece is taking it to the extreme like they always do, like the bunch of imbeciles they are at times.

Animal-Mother

Sorry, no, their actions are not at all rational.

Look, they were NOT spying. That is obviously the case. They were tkaing pictures FROM A PUBLIC MOTHER F'ING PLACE of SCNERY.

In the DISTANCE some outdated as all heck, not at ALL secret military planes/hangars were in the scene. On top of that, they are obviously well-known game developers from Eastern Europe, NOT MOTHER F'ING TURKISH SPIES.

You want to be an @ss and charge TOURISTS with breaking local laws about photographing some vague military buildings/planes that can be seen in PLAIN MOTHER F'ING SITE FROM PUBLIC MOTHER F'ING PLACES, fine! Do that. Let's see how quickly your already **** crazy-f'ed up economy tanks further as tourists flee.

Charger them with that, give them a thousand dollar fine, maybe even let them spend a week in jail/some community service, and let them go.

That's what anyr ational country would do.

There are military bases here in NYC, I've taken many pictures of military planes and bases from public places. Never got in any toruble for it, heck my wife posed with some military guys and police officers nearby. And even if I was charged with something, no prosecutor in hsi right mind would try to hurl espionage charges at us for something like this.

Greece, instead is seeking to hold these guys indefinitely on what are clearly bogus charges. I mean unless you think the Arma devs really are turkish spies? I don't think you are brain dead, so I'm going to assume no.

Do you think that Greece holding them for months under pretty awful conditions, and then drumming up espionage charges, LYING, flat out LYING about the nature of their equipment, and insinuating that they were basically sneaking in to these places with night vision gear in some clandestine effort for the turkish government vs the reality of them takign pictures from public places, way in the distance as tourists... You don't think that's all sorts of **** up?

Nevermind the attitude of f'ing imbeciles liek LosseEnds calling for these guys to be shot.

It boggles the mind.

#166 Posted by Timstuff (26823 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

Imagine the irony if there was a war that started over Some Arma Devs.

Not saying there will be, but still. This is rediculous.

nameless12345

Maybe Arma 3 will be delayed and feature a Czech military operation to free Czech prisoneers from Greece? :P

That would be the ultimate middle finger to the Greek government. I hope they do it. :D
#167 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16343 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Now you are just beeing silly

Surly you forget that Greece was destroyed AFTER joining the "European Thieves Union" and the deals the corrupt goverment made with the corrupt European companies

Europe destroyed Greece, not the other way around

loosingENDS

Are you serious right now?

Totally

Oh right. Thats why there are so many riots in Greece:roll:

#168 Posted by Animal-Mother (26582 posts) -

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Are you stupid?

Kinthalis

Sorry, no, their actions are not at all rational.

Look, they were NOT spying. That is obviously the case. They were tkaing pictures FROM A PUBLIC MOTHER F'ING PLACE of SCNERY.

In the DISTANCE some outdated as all heck, not at ALL secret military planes/hangars were in the scene. On top of that, they are obviously well-known game developers from Eastern Europe, NOT MOTHER F'ING TURKISH SPIES.

You want to be an @ss and charge TOURISTS with breaking local laws about photographing some vague military buildings/planes that can be seen in PLAIN MOTHER F'ING SITE FROM PUBLIC MOTHER F'ING PLACES, fine! Do that. Let's see how quickly your already **** crazy-f'ed up economy tanks further as tourists flee.

Charger them with that, give them a thousand dollar fine, maybe even let them spend a week in jail/some community service, and let them go.

That's what anyr ational country would do.

There are military bases here in NYC, I've taken many pictures of military planes and bases from public places. Never got in any toruble for it, heck my wife posed with some military guys and police officers nearby. And even if I was charged with something, no prosecutor in hsi right mind would try to hurl espionage charges at us for something like this.

Greece, instead is seeking to hold these guys indefinitely on what are clearly bogus charges. I mean unless you think the Arma devs really are turkish spies? I don't think you are brain dead, so I'm going to assume no.

Do you think that Greece holding them for months under pretty awful conditions, and then drumming up espionage charges, LYING, flat out LYING about the nature of their equipment, and insinuating that they were basically sneaking in to these places with night vision gear in some clandestine effort for the turkish government vs the reality of them takign pictures from public places, way in the distance as tourists... You don't think that's all sorts of **** up?

Nevermind the attitude of f'ing imbeciles liek LosseEnds calling for these guys to be shot.

It boggles the mind.

I never said it was fair what greece was doing. I think it's prett sh!tty. But I live in NY too LI actually. And things are a bit more open here. The rest of the world is a very different place. Just because we have an idealogical foundation of how things are here in the U.S. Doesn't mean that it's like that in the rest of the world, especially a place that is so vulnerable. It's sad to see this happening to two innocent guys. But I always like to think there are two sides to every coin. We don't know the exact conditions in which they were taking the photographs. Do they deserve to be treated like this. Absolutely not. Like I said this is one of the reasons (though ironic) I hate greece and greeks even though I am greek. They go off on power trips and just have to have the feel of power over people. It's only going to be intensified due to their situation.

#169 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] Lol. I love greek food, and I don't think I could ever give up Feta. Luckily there are lots of alternatives made here.BigBoss255

Lol feta, another thing they stole from turkey and called it their own. Just buy turkish white cheese, same stuff...better taste.

Feta came from the Byzantine empire, before the Ottomans. Notice the word Feta is of Italian origin and not Turkish. Greece doesn't nead to copy from Turkey because Greece has given more to western civilisation that any other country.

All you idiots on the Internet who **** about Greece and the economy, how about actually going there. 99% of the people who are suffering have nothing to do with all the corruption. Their government and the rich avoiding tax got them into this situation.

Also Greece is 29th just 1 place behind the UK in HDI even in this mess so it's not a horrible place which is why it gets 15 million tourists a year even though it's a tiny country. Turkey's HDi is way below Greece's and the GDP per capita is half. Greece is still 1st world, Turkey is 3rd world.

Notice in this post the words Turkey, Europe, Government, Italy, Economy, Tourist all come from Greek;)

On topic, yea this situation is very stupid and I find it embarrassing as I'm half Greek but all this crap you guys are talking is nonsense.

I think we get that many tourists just in the city I live in.

#170 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Lol feta, another thing they stole from turkey and called it their own. Just buy turkish white cheese, same stuff...better taste.percuvius2

I think we get that many tourists just in the city I live in.

So? That doesn't take away from my point. I never said Greece was the most visited place on earth. My point is that a country of 11 million people that gets 16 million visiting it a year is obviously an attractive place to be. Especially as it's an expensive place to go.
#171 Posted by freedomfreak (39414 posts) -
*text*Animal-Mother
lol@your sig.
#172 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

It doesn't matter how much you love Greece, you cannot justify these actions as anything but irrational and immoral towards innocent tourists on vacation. It would be like trying to justify what the British did to the Cossacks, but on a smaller scale.

This thread is hating on Greece a bit, but mainly the government for it's stupidity, not the people who live there (well, not all of them).

#173 Posted by Timstuff (26823 posts) -

It doesn't matter how much you love Greece, you cannot justify these actions as anything but irrational and immoral towards innocent tourists on vacation. It would be like trying to justify what the British did to the Cossacks, but on a smaller scale.

This thread is hating on Greece a bit, but mainly the government for it's stupidity, not the people who live there (well, not all of them).

SPYDER0416
I think the people who voted for the jerks in charge own some of this, though. It's not like there are people in the voting booths with guns to their heads making them elect communists and neo-nazis.
#174 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

Timstuff

I think the people who voted for the jerks in charge own some of this, though. It's not like there are people in the voting booths with guns to their heads making them elect communists and neo-nazis.

But you can't blame everyone, certainly not the people who didn't vote for them, while politicians are, well, politicians. They'll promise everything so you don't know what is true and what isn't, than they get put into office and it all goes to hell.

#175 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

ITT: Two greek guyrs trying to defend their broken country

#176 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -
[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

Timstuff

Yea I agree. All the people who caused this deserve to be hated on but weirdos in this thread are acting like we're all some plague that set out to destroy Europe. It's not like it's just Greece, all 4 Mediterranean countries have had problems.
#177 Posted by parkurtommo (26612 posts) -

God that's horrible, they're stuck in prison for developing a @#$%ing game and Greece is just going to keep them in jail till time runs out?

They can't see their families, friends, or anyone until their time in prison is up all over a stupid game? Gee, thanks Greece you Grade A ignorant @$$holes.

[spoiler] You know, this makes me wonder as to peoples reactions to the news if it was someone from EA or Activision who got put in jail instead. Wonder how people would take it. [/spoiler]

Goyoshi12
And I think it's 20 years or something...
#178 Posted by MrYaotubo (2652 posts) -
[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

God that's horrible, they're stuck in prison for developing a @#$%ing game and Greece is just going to keep them in jail till time runs out?

They can't see their families, friends, or anyone until their time in prison is up all over a stupid game? Gee, thanks Greece you Grade A ignorant @$$holes.

[spoiler] You know, this makes me wonder as to peoples reactions to the news if it was someone from EA or Activision who got put in jail instead. Wonder how people would take it. [/spoiler]

parkurtommo
And I think it's 20 years or something...

That´s only if they get charged and actually condemned,wich is kind of hard apparently since they haven´t been able to have a trial and are just being held there without any substancial evidence against them. What an atrocious justice system.
#179 Posted by delta3074 (17927 posts) -

Perhaps the Bohemia Interactive employees could've just consulted with the people who provide satellite imagery for GoogleMap:

Flightline at Davis-Monthan AFB:

googlemapc130.jpg

jun_aka_pekto
that justt further proves there innocence, why would you bother to take the risk of taking pictures when you just consult Google Maps, and the things they where taking pictures of where probably things that everybody could see anyway, you don't see the gaurds at RAF lakenheath freaking out over people taking pictures and the guards at Buck palce don't even Bat an Eyelid, Greece Probably '.think' they have something worth Hiding but i bet it's something silly like there very First Longbow Apache or something
#180 Posted by lundy86_4 (43065 posts) -

WTF is going on? The Greeks are going way over the top with this... Have there been any negotiations between the countries?

#181 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -
[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

Perhaps the Bohemia Interactive employees could've just consulted with the people who provide satellite imagery for GoogleMap:

googlemapc130.jpg

delta3074
that justt further proves there innocence, why would you bother to take the risk of taking pictures when you just consult Google Maps, and the things they where taking pictures of where probably things that everybody could see anyway, you don't see the gaurds at RAF lakenheath freaking out over people taking pictures and the guards at Buck palce don't even Bat an Eyelid, Greece Probably '.think' they have something worth Hiding but i bet it's something silly like there very First Longbow Apache or something

we should get as many pics as we can of their military bases from google maps, send them to their government, claim to be Turkish spies
#182 Posted by delta3074 (17927 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

googlemapc130.jpg

savagetwinkie

we should get as many pics as we can of their military bases from google maps, send them to their government, claim to be Turkish spies

they would have a fit, we should have Peter Griffins 'can't touch me' Playing in the Background,lol
#183 Posted by PS3Compass (2413 posts) -

If only Greece had military secrets worth stealing.

#184 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15942 posts) -

I think the Bohemia Interactive employees should be let go. Even Iran and North Korea didn't keep their "spy prisoners" too long.

#185 Posted by delta3074 (17927 posts) -

I think the Bohemia Interactive employees should be let go. Even Iran and North Korea didn't keep their "spy prisoners" too long.

jun_aka_pekto
Thats a bit harsh man, you can't liken Greece to Iran and North Korea, this is really Bad yeah but do you remeber how long the Iranians kept those american Embassy staff, State sponsored kidnapping, 52 Americans were held hostage for 444 days, and Nobody probably leaves north Korea once they Enter.
#186 Posted by Giancar (19051 posts) -
The land once held the greatest minds of the world :(
#187 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15942 posts) -

we should get as many pics as we can of their military bases from google maps, send them to their government, claim to be Turkish spiessavagetwinkie

It won't work. Not all parts of the world are viewable with oblique views in GoogleMaps, Limnos Island for one. But, I'm sure whoever provides those imagery can work out a deal with Bohemia Interactive.

I can see our other house in Tucson with the oblique views. I called the guy renting our house and told him there's too many weeds out back.:lol:

#188 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15942 posts) -

Actually, I'm wrong. Google Earth is much more capable than Google Maps:

Limnos in pseudo-3D:

LimnosGE.jpg

#189 Posted by PS3Compass (2413 posts) -

The land once held the greatest minds of the world :(Giancar

That was a very long time ago.

#190 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7322 posts) -
I see most people automatically assume Greece is in the wrong. I personally would not feel very comfortable having Czechs taking pictures of military installations in my country. Gamasutra did not have enough info and mainly only from the dev's side. I am normally anti government but it is not like they were taking pics of some beach or park. The press release from the company said they were only taking pics from tourist areas but if they did more then that then they are in the wrong.
#191 Posted by PS3Compass (2413 posts) -

I see most people automatically assume Greece is in the wrong. I personally would not feel very comfortable having Czechs taking pictures of military installations in my country. Gamasutra did not have enough info and mainly only from the dev's side. I am normally anti government but it is not like they were taking pics of some beach or park. The press release from the company said they were only taking pics from tourist areas but if they did more then that then they are in the wrong.CanYouDiglt

Any country that has the capability to threaten a NATO nation has satellites and other superior technology to spy with.

I'd say picture taking is pretty harmless.

#192 Posted by panos322 (76 posts) -
ITT : clueless people talking **** about stuff they shouldnt on a VIDEO GAME site. Wtf is this? Country wars? Also wtf did Greece do to you to deserve so much hate?...i see plenty of butthurt for greeks in this thread. Lock this please mods
#193 Posted by Timstuff (26823 posts) -

WTF is going on? The Greeks are going way over the top with this... Have there been any negotiations between the countries?

lundy86_4
From what I can tell, the Greek government and media are using this event to try and distract people from how ruined their economy is. "Stop complaining that we ran out of money to buy your government cheese with! We just caught two SPIES, and they're probably working for the TURKS! You should be angry that we are being spied on, not that we have created a culture of lazy entitled people that is on the verge of collapse!"
#195 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I see most people automatically assume Greece is in the wrong. I personally would not feel very comfortable having Czechs taking pictures of military installations in my country. Gamasutra did not have enough info and mainly only from the dev's side. I am normally anti government but it is not like they were taking pics of some beach or park. The press release from the company said they were only taking pics from tourist areas but if they did more then that then they are in the wrong.PS3Compass

Any country that has the capability to threaten a NATO nation has satellites and other superior technology to spy with.

I'd say picture taking is pretty harmless.

But it is still not allowed in any military facility around the world

#197 Posted by panos322 (76 posts) -
As i said you are totally clueless. Did you know that greece airspace gets violated almost daily by turkish fighters? And that turkey disputes greeces claim on parts of the agean? The greek military is on alert ever since cyprus and lymnos is right at the border . I know ive served in the military base there. I dont expect you to understand nor am i trying to make you understand , just stop talking about things you dont know. Also that insignificant little dot in the map gave you your civilization and your democracy so have at least some respect , you barbarian
#198 Posted by Timstuff (26823 posts) -
As i said you are totally clueless. Did you know that greece airspace gets violated almost daily by turkish fighters? And that turkey disputes greeces claim on parts of the agean? The greek military is on alert ever since cyprus and lymnos is right at the border . I know ive served in the military base there. I dont expect you to understand nor am i trying to make you understand , just stop talking about things you dont know. Also that insignificant little dot in the map gave you your civilization and your democracy so have at least some respect , you barbarianpanos322
Persia was once a pretty cool place too, but that does not mean that the people running it today are cool.
#199 Posted by panos322 (76 posts) -
[QUOTE="panos322"]As i said you are totally clueless. Did you know that greece airspace gets violated almost daily by turkish fighters? And that turkey disputes greeces claim on parts of the agean? The greek military is on alert ever since cyprus and lymnos is right at the border . I know ive served in the military base there. I dont expect you to understand nor am i trying to make you understand , just stop talking about things you dont know. Also that insignificant little dot in the map gave you your civilization and your democracy so have at least some respect , you barbarianTimstuff
Persia was once a pretty cool place too, but that does not mean that the people running it today are cool.

Lol apples & oranges . Love the comparison . ARE. U serioursy compairing Greece with IRAN?... LMFAO . Ok I think i am done here
#200 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

So when are we getting our money back, Greece ?

You owe us some billions.