Arkham Knight release date announced?

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

Link

Well known for his vocal talents in the Arkham games and the Batman Animated series, Kevin Conroy (the voice of The Batman) did a little interview with the guys over at Groovey.tv. During the interview they discuss the fan base and how Kevin originally got onto the role. Near the end of the interview, the topic of Batman: Arkham Knight comes up and Kevin Conroy had this to say:

It was supposed to come out in January, we’ve been working on it for a year and a half, its still not done. So its going to come out next January.

View the interview in its entirety below, the game is brought up near the five minute mark.

#2 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3792 posts) -

Good stuff. The first next gen multiplat to hit the market.

#3 Posted by Telekill (4397 posts) -

Waste of talent. Rocksteady should have been making a dark and gritty Ninja Turtles game.

#4 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9884 posts) -

We will see how that turns out

#5 Posted by parkurtommo (26488 posts) -

Dat voice!

#6 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

Wasn't it supposed to be released Oct 2014?

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

Yeah, so we might not have to wait that long

#8 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

The things that burns me about that, is having Arkham Knight and Dragon Age Inquisition both coming out in the same month :x

#9 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@AdobeArtist said:

The things that burns me about that, is having Arkham Knight and Dragon Age Inquisition both coming out in the same month :x

Dragon Age is coming October 7th, Arkham is coming in 2015. So you don't have to worry

#10 Posted by gameofthering (10134 posts) -

That wouldn't be so bad if it was being released in January.

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

That wouldn't be so bad if it was being released in January.

No it wouldn't, it would suck if it turned out to be delayed even further

#12 Posted by gameofthering (10134 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I watched it again. Perhaps he meant to say it was coming out in October but now it's in January 2015? He might have made a mistake?

I don't see the game being delayed until January 2016.

#13 Edited by Basinboy (11057 posts) -

The sooner, the better.

A game delayed is a disappointment once; a bad game is a disappointment always.

#14 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I watched it again. Perhaps he meant to say it was coming out in October but now it's in January 2015? He might have made a mistake?

I don't see the game being delayed until January 2016.

yeah, that's what he meant

#15 Posted by MirkoS77 (7165 posts) -

I'm not holding my breath for this to be released anytime soon. Late next year is my prediction.

#16 Edited by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Waste of talent. Rocksteady should have been making a dark and gritty Ninja Turtles game.

That would be pretty kewl, but its not a waste of talent. Arkham games have been really good.

Kevin's normal voice sounds more like 60's batman and his 'dark knight' voice fits the dark knight perfectly.

#17 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

it says its hitting the market this Oct for X1 in Amazon

#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

According to IGN, this release date is now Febuary 26th

#19 Posted by sonic_spark (4599 posts) -

@Telekill: My jaw hit the floor thinking of how amazing that would be.

#20 Posted by MBirdy88 (7706 posts) -

@Telekill said:

one of the most popular super heroes out there.... vs... some of the tackiest dead super heroes out there? hmmm no... I wouldn't call it waste of talent... more like smart.

#21 Posted by Telekill (4397 posts) -

@MBirdy88: I'm guessing you're a Batman fan and I hurt your feelings. Sorry about that but it happens. While the Turtles were basically dead for a long time, they've been very relevant the last couple years mostly due to the Nickelodeon cartoon. They've also had a resurgence in the comic book sector. Lastly, they've got a new movie coming out Aug 8th by Michael Bay. The newest trailer actually gives us long term fans hope that the movie will be good.

And yes, the Turtles are my favorite heros out of all of Marvel, DC and others. They have been since I was nine and I'm now 33. My best bud has always kept me in the Batman loop though as he was his favorite. I know my lore, but I got board of the Batman games after the second. I think it's time for the studio to move on. I'm a realist though and know I'm but one person and have no control on them.

#22 Posted by MBirdy88 (7706 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@MBirdy88: I'm guessing you're a Batman fan and I hurt your feelings. Sorry about that but it happens. While the Turtles were basically dead for a long time, they've been very relevant the last couple years mostly due to the Nickelodeon cartoon. They've also had a resurgence in the comic book sector. Lastly, they've got a new movie coming out Aug 8th by Michael Bay. The newest trailer actually gives us long term fans hope that the movie will be good.

And yes, the Turtles are my favorite heros out of all of Marvel, DC and others. They have been since I was nine and I'm now 33. My best bud has always kept me in the Batman loop though as he was his favorite. I know my lore, but I got board of the Batman games after the second. I think it's time for the studio to move on. I'm a realist though and know I'm but one person and have no control on them.

fair enough, nah im not hurt... a change would be good... I would rather something like the avengers though. good luck with the movie... michael bay destroyed transformers :S so again with the realist scenario I'm not sure what gives you hope.

#23 Posted by Telekill (4397 posts) -

@MBirdy88: While the redesign of the Turtles for the new movie is.... bad... the new trailer gives a glimpse that the Turtles individual personalities are intact. The story has potential as well.

Either way, it can't be as bad as the third live action movie from the 90's.

#24 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

My sig is better young grasshoppa o_o

#25 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

@fgjnfgh said:

it says its hitting the market this Oct for X1 in Amazon

That's wrong, because Rocksteady confirmed the delay

#26 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

Your sig trembles under the shadow of my sig :P

#27 Edited by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@AdobeArtist said:

Your sig trembles under the shadow of my sig :P

Male Shepard > female Shepard

>:P