clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@m3dude1: my understanding of what g-sync does it match the monitors refresh rate to what the GPU is outputting.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#102 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

So even without day one patch, it still looks and runs better than Console versions??? Just not that good?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Sidenote though: and yeah whatever lolvideogamestories and all, but the script in this game is fucking TERRIBLE. Oh my god I've been laughing at how corny it is.

Don't **** with the Batman, because he WILL burn every plant in Gotham.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@m3dude1: my understanding of what g-sync does it match the monitors refresh rate to what the GPU is outputting.

i was referring to that other guy fyi. yes, thats what it does WITHIN the confines of whatever framerate a given game supports. it doesnt enable higher fps support for games that are fps locked.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

PC cant handle the game above 30fps? lol

Hey dude, you really wanna go there? Well the PS4 can't handle USF4 for starters. Yeah, we all get bad ports.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Meanwhile at Rocksteady/WB

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45100 Posts

Not surprised. Most of these major games are developed for console. The idea that PC gaming is always better is just a fallacy.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 HalcyonScarlet

I'm actually grateful for this thread. I thought it was my graphics card.

The minimal requirements for the game is a GTX 660. I have a Palit Dual Storm X GTX 750Ti, which is pretty much the best version with both a highly overclocked GPU and RAM.

The GTX 660 in tests is only a few frames better than a standard GTX 750Ti. Also the GTX 750Ti is no slouch, it can play Crysis 3 on high settings and most other games on high or more. It also more or less matches console GPUs. So in theory, my Graphics card should work and it does, but only on low with an average of 46fps.

So I thought I should consider getting a new graphics card, but I wanted to wait to see how DX12 performs and on news with Nvidias upcoming pascal. But now I've learned that the problem is with the porting, I'm just going to try lock it to 30fps and wait.

This game would have worked so much better on DX12. And the the thing is, it's not that impressive looking to be honest.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 HalcyonScarlet
@SolidGame_basic said:

Not surprised. Most of these major games are developed for console. The idea that PC gaming is always better is just a fallacy.

That won't be the case with DX12, porting is supposed to be so easy between them the PC and X1, that it could very well eliminate issues like this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#110  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

it's sad really that this is the Arkham Knight thread that's got everybody's attention, because the game is pretty damn awesome, can we get a Arkham Knight is pretty damn awesome thread?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Iron Galaxy, 30fps cap, barely any options, DENUVO, etc. I hope everyone refunds this shit

@SolidGame_basic said:

so desperate.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By m3dude1

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

That won't be the case with DX12, porting is supposed to be so easy between them the PC and X1, that it could very well eliminate issues like this.

that would be nice, but i dont expect anything to change for the vast majority of ports. dx12 requires smarter coding and far more developer responsibility. thats not going to bode well for the 3rd rate developers the majority of pc ports get outsourced too. i expect most of them to just stick with dx11. i suspect very very few pc ports will use dx12.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DEadliNE-Zero0

@m3dude1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

that would be nice, but i dont expect anything to change for the vast majority of ports. dx12 requires smarter coding and far more developer responsibility. thats not going to bode well for the 3rd rate developers the majority of pc ports get outsourced too. i expect most of them to just stick with dx11. i suspect very very few pc ports will use dx12.

the **** are you talking about?

Alot of games are already using dx12 like Deus EX, Arma 3 and so on.

As for outsourcing ports, dude, just stfu. Vast majority of pc versions are done in house.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45100 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Iron Galaxy, 30fps cap, barely any options, DENUVO, etc. I hope everyone refunds this shit

@SolidGame_basic said:

so desperate.

I have nothing to be desperate about. I have a GTX 970 and still preordered Arkham Knight on PS4.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By m3dude1

@deadline-zero0 said:
@m3dude1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

As for outsourcing ports, dude, just stfu. Vast majority of pc versions are done in house.

link to where i can purchase a dx12 game(i said port but lets widen it a bit to help you out) please.....oh wait. the vast majority of pc ports are outsourced.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DEadliNE-Zero0
@SolidGame_basic said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

so desperate.

I have nothing to be desperate about. I have a GTX 970 and still preordered Arkham Knight on PS4.

i'm sure you do Solid

@m3dude1 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

link to where i can purchase a dx12 game(i said port but lets widen it a bit to help you out) please.....oh wait. the vast majority of pc ports are outsourced.

They are, huh? You obviously have a source for this then.

And i already told you how games are using dx12.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 freedomfreak
@deadline-zero0 said:

Thank God, you actually can with Steam these days.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DEadliNE-Zero0

@freedomfreak: well, only if you buy directly from steam, but yeah. I'm buying DMC4 SE today instead, if it's in good state.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 freedomfreak
@deadline-zero0 said:

well, only if you buy directly from steam, but yeah. I'm buying DMC4 SE today instead, if it's in good state.

That one should be alright. I remember DMC4 running buttery smooth back when it came out on PC. It was a great port.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 IgGy621985

Just got my copy on Steam. Will report how it is.

In about 14 goddamn hours.

The joys of having slow ass internet connection....

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DEadliNE-Zero0

@freedomfreak: Is, DMC4 is godlike on PC thanks to MT framework, and Capcom is usually good with pc versions, but i'll take the wait and see like i always good.

See how not buying AK at release saved a ton?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 freedomfreak
@deadline-zero0 said:

Is, DMC4 is godlike on PC thanks to MT framework, and Capcom is usually good with pc versions, but i'll take the wait and see like i always good.

See how not buying AK at release saved a ton?

Definitely :p

But are you planning on picking it up once they fix it, or are you just kinda done with it?

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 IgGy621985
Loading Video...

Behold, the ultimate cinematic 15 fps experience.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DEadliNE-Zero0

@freedomfreak: definitelly. I mean, i wasn't going to pick it up at launch anyway, since i just finshed TW3 and am still doing side quests and exploring. And going from one trilogy ending massive open world game to another is too much.

This just makes my choice easy. Fucking WB. First Dying Light, then MKX now Batman AK. Trying to be Ubisoft in every way i guess.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 freedomfreak
@deadline-zero0 said:

definitelly. I mean, i wasn't going to pick it up at launch anyway, since i just finshed TW3 and am still doing side quests and exploring. And going from one trilogy ending massive open world game to another is too much.

This just makes my choice easy. Fucking WB. First Dying Light, then MKX now Batman AK. Trying to be Ubisoft in every way i guess.

Good. Got done with TW3 a while ago, so now I'm waiting for more DLC packs to drop, so when I go in, there's new stuff to do.

You know, I didn't know WB published all of those titles. Yeah, definitely not the greatest performance for them. Lame.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#126 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Dudes, get a refund, get the complete edition if it gets fixed.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Poor GPU usage.

I watched a 15 minute test with a GTX Titan X and it kept dipping to 30FPS and the GPU usage would go from 40-60%.

Very bad port.

Loading Video...

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

Runs well for me, but Nvidia effects cripple the performance.

Gotta turn em off and restart the game.

Another elephant in the room - there's no option for mouse sensitivity.

Nothing config edits can't fix, but it still baffles me how the **** they looked that over.

BmInput.ini

MouseSensitivity=10.0

bEnableMouseSmoothing=false

No sensitivity options for controller either, btw.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#129 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

@clyde46: I don't know how people still can't read or even know that refresh rate means jack if the FPS doesn't go up too.

FPS is tied to refresh rate when there is a lock.

Herpa derp.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

First we get the reports of bad performance, then the community circle jerks it into the ground, and they treat the developers/publishers as if they were the devil even when it gets fixed in an acceptable time frame.

The cycle continues. Wonder which game will go through this next.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

First we get the reports of bad performance, then the community circle jerks it into the ground, and they treat the developers/publishers as if they were the devil even when it gets fixed in an acceptable time frame.

The cycle continues. Wonder which game will go through this next.

Oh please... F***king keep lowering standards.

Its a product and should be working from the get go.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Oh boy, I also expect Nvidia to come out with a new driver for this game. I'm not holding my breath on AMD as they only release drivers about twice a year.

BTW, get a refund if you bought the game.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#133 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

@m3dude1: Console noob at it's finest.

BUT BUT BUT... lol.

Pretty simple to grasp how it work even if you can't read. FPS is tied to refresh rate. If a game is locked at a refresh rate... No GD frame cap tweak is going to work. Because there is still a refresh limit... BUT... Your to special to know this.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DEadliNE-Zero0

I'll laugh my ass off if Toukiden Kiwami, a fucking Koei tecmo game, releasing in a couple of days, has more settings options, is better optimzed and isn't capped at 30fps with no denuvo.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ChubbyGuy40

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

If it doesn't work, I'll just wait until it's fixed. It's not worth getting so fucking worked up about and making sure that I can tell as many as I can how god awful the developers and their families are.

But it does work. Unfortunately a large amount of people are having issues. What game goes unfixed these days? We're gonna get a few patches this week but the negative reviews will remain because people will move on to the next thing to overreact about. Same thing has happened for every major release this year.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ChubbyGuy40
@davillain- said:

Oh boy, I also expect Nvidia to come out with a new driver for this game. I'm not holding my breath on AMD as they only release drivers about twice a year.

Nvidia already released a game ready driver for Arkham Knight.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@ChubbyGuy40 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

If it doesn't work, I'll just wait until it's fixed. It's not worth getting so fucking worked up about and making sure that I can tell as many as I can how god awful the developers and their families are.

But it does work. Unfortunately a large amount of people are having issues. What game goes unfixed these days? We're gonna get a few patches this week but the negative reviews will remain because people will move on to the next thing to overreact about. Same thing has happened for every major release this year.

Well I agree that no one should be insulting the developers.

But a bad port is a bad port, working is a lose term. Developers are getting lazy when it comes to porting games these days and just release it in horrible states... Without this backlash how are things going to change for the better?...

You think by just being quiet and ignoring the poor performance that the developers aren't going to just take advantage of that?

Again agree that the PC gaming community can be harsh at times and hostile, but from a purely consumer level... Products should work and if it doesn't work for you then you have every right to give it a bad review.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@ChubbyGuy40: I didn't know that, thanks.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#139  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

jus saw the news... I'm feeling really dumb for giving this game 10/10 ....

PS : the cause of those FPS drops could be Batman's shitty DRM , Denuvo , I had this problem with DRI when it comes to cut-scenes

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DEadliNE-Zero0

@ChubbyGuy40 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

There's a difference between individual issues that the majority don't report and mass, widespread problems like 30fps caps, DENUVO anti-tampering, fucked up gpu usage,extremely low about of options for AAA release, specially since previous Akrham Games hada boat load of them, etc.

A good quality port doesn't get a shit overload of complaints. Wolfenstein TNO had issues, mainly due to IDtech5, but even then it was good.

This is the kind of complaining i see from Ubisoft ports, FF 13, DR3 and Mortal Kombat X

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

Apparently AC:U is a better port than this game.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ChubbyGuy40

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Developers are getting lazy when it comes to porting games these days and just release it in horrible states... Without this backlash how are things going to change for the better?...

You think by just being quiet and ignoring the poor performance that the developers aren't going to just take advantage of that?

Again agree that the PC gaming community can be harsh at times and hostile, but from a purely consumer level... Products should work and if it doesn't work for you then you have every right to give it a bad review.

The ports being outsourced seemed to be the ones having the most issues. Outside of MKX I can't recall any port in recent memory being really broken. I'm used to waiting for patches. These days it's guaranteed to get at least a few for any game. It just doesn't bother me unless it takes more than a few days.

I didn't say we should ignore it. The level of hostility many have is what I'm against. Most of those reviews will never be updated and will stay negative even if their problems are fixed. My issue is with the cyclical circle jerking happening with every major release in the past year. It's hard to read what anyone is saying about the game because all they're focusing on is whatever the popular issue is.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Good gravy I'm glad I'm getting PS4 version.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ChubbyGuy40

@deadline-zero0 said:

There's a difference between individual issues that the majority don't report and mass, widespread problems like 30fps caps, DENUVO anti-tampering, fucked up gpu usage,extremely low about of options for AAA release, specially since previous Akrham Games hada boat load of them, etc.

A good quality port doesn't get a shit overload of complaints. Wolfenstein TNO had issues, mainly due to IDtech5, but even then it was good.

This is the kind of complaining i see from Ubisoft ports, FF 13, DR3 and Mortal Kombat X

Denuvo is only an issue for pirates. I don't remember Arkham games having tons of options. Seemed like the standard to expect from games on PC plus physx effects. Games like Serious Sam have boat loads of options.

Yeah I remember TNO having those performance issues at launch, but I didn't see many people focusing on that because they mostly fixed it. Don't own it so don't know to what extent it improved. I'm pretty sure the major complaint then was the huge file size.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

neglect the consoles, feel the wrath of your 'shitstorm" fixes to be play that awesome game

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@ChubbyGuy40: Denuvo is shit, period.

And all Batman games had an overload of options. Google it.

Good ports like GTA 5 and TW3 don't have a shit ton of people complaining like this. Even sites like RPS are reporting major issues. I bet DF and DSO report the same.

Shit port is shit.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#147 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ChubbyGuy40: Denuvo is shit, period.

And all Batman games had an overload of options. Google it.

Good ports like GTA 5 and TW3 don't have a shit ton of people complaining like this. Even sites like RPS are reporting major issues. I bet DF and DSO report the same.

Shit port is shit.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

@clyde46: I don't know how people still can't read or even know that refresh rate means jack if the FPS doesn't go up too.

FPS is tied to refresh rate when there is a lock.

Herpa derp.

"G-Sync eliminates screen tearing by forcing a video display to adapt to the framerate of the outputting device rather than the other way around"

That's the whole point of G-Sync. Doing it the other way around, i.e. tying FPS to a refresh rate is called V-Sync.

Futhermore, if FPS lock is coded into the game it doesn't care what setting you have in your Nvidia control panel.

As far as Control panel goes, 30 is "maximum framerate" in AK in-game.

Also, AK Benchmark doesn't have this FPS lock.

You posted some screenshots to prove that you're running above 30 with no config tweaks, but none of the in-game ones have an FPS counter.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@aroxx_ab said:

PC cant handle the game above 30fps? lol

Hey dude, you really wanna go there? Well the PS4 can't handle USF4 for starters. Yeah, we all get bad ports.

What is USF4? but whatever...

It is nothing new under the sun, consoles is weak and when try keep up with PC graphic quality frame-rates take a hit. But the almighty PC should not be locked to 30fps

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i blame WB games