Arkham Knight first look.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Sauce PC gamer.

Exeprt:

The Batmobile is the clear star here – and I’m keen to learn more about how progression can keep the vehicle feeling fresh for the entire arc of the story, which was key to the longevity of combat and stealth. Ginn promises this is part of the deal. “The Batmobile itself is like a massive gadget. It has character, personality and that emotional connection to Batman as well. But we really wanted to ensure that players have that sense of progression with it. We’ve shown one on-board gadget here, the immobiliser rocket, which is a nonlethal vehicle takedown.” There’s a lot more for us to learn about it, apparently, but Gotham is structured to support the Batmobile – this isn’t a horseshoe hub like Arkham City, it’s a huge fully-functioning environment. It’s breathtaking. It feels like this, along with The Witcher 3, could show us exactly what to expect from the future of open-world games in the obsessive construction of these landscapes.

This may not please the subset of fans who believe the focus of Arkham Asylum made it superior to City – obviously the narrative scope of Arkham Knight only broadens with a world of this size, and Ginn tells me that sidequests will be more organically integrated into the way players go through the world. But there’s a flooring amount of detail in Rocksteady’s far-reaching noir city, and even touches like the reflective water effect on Batman’s cape are notably advanced.

The Batmobile is the final piece of the Caped Crusader’s legacy on the table for Rocksteady, and it’s the right way to close out a series that has interpreted the rest of Batman’s mythology without compromise. There are still a lot of specifics about the vehicle that could use explanation, but it makes an audacious first impression, and shows how effective Rocksteady are at setting themselves ludicrously tough goals for creating an authentic Batman game.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I thought this was going to be a first look in the form of a trailer when I entered the thread :(

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Animal-Mother

@gameofthering said:

I thought this was going to be a first look in the form of a trailer when I entered the thread :(

I'm guessing E3 time is when the trailers will start rolling out. :( unfortunately it's all news from here on out till then I guess.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ gameofthering

a Video has 10 thousand words but a written Artical is easier to Dissect. Plus its about damn time we get some more precise explaination of the features, a video is just too vague.

you know what would be nice though ?...... INTERACTIVE MARKETING ! It only makes sense since this is Interactive Entertainment. :p

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts

Sounds great! I'd like to see them play with the formula a little. As well realized these games are, I'm a bigger fan of the closed in walls of asylum over the openness of city.... Perhaps the batmobile will be just what I need to more thoroughly enjoy traversing the city.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

Expect more of the same, with a car.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

*drools*

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Animal-Mother

@SNIPER4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

pretty much. it will be some fun. but overrated too.

Does everything that was a gem in the archaic time of gaming have to be the blue print for all modern games? Or are you guys just upset that people enjoy things that have overshadowed your precious older games you hold to the most unrealistic standards ever?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu

^ Pretty Much ^

whoa.... Agree with SNIPER make my blood run cold....

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Looking forward to it. Waitting for footage but this will most likely be first game I preorder in a long time.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Anyway. Read the long ass Artical and heres what I got.

20 times Bigger Open World (With no Innocent Pedestrians , so no pile up explosions or genocidal rampages... GTA Style)

Graphics (who cares)

Batmobile with Rockets and other features to be anounced later.

Slightly altered Core Gameplay (Quickfire Gadgets while gliding and Faster, longer gliding, possible QTE Multi takedowns in Predator Mode).

Edward Nigma returns but with Vehicular Challenges (race against the clock whlie somehow overcoming obstacles), no word on Puzzles. Perhaps at some point you'l have to perform a manouvre that involves you hopping out the Batmobile while its in motion, thowing a quickfire battaring to flip a switch that opens a gate then immediatly get back in the Batmobile, all one single continuous action, sounds like fun, but then again its the Batmobile... Won't it have rubber bullets or something that you can just fire in the safety of the car ? We'l see when the game comes out.

And the rest is non-gameplay related therefore doesn't really matter.... Unless they've finally decided to drop the cutscenes (read: They Didn't).

If Red Dead Redemption is GTA with Horses then Arkham Knight is Arkham City with Cars.... And rockets.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

pretty much. it will be some fun. but overrated too.

It's only over rated if YOU over rate. I plan on picking up the game and having some fun. I'm not considering it the next best thing. No game is. You can say the same about most anything anyway. If you guys aren't interested....don't buy it. But don't complain about a game you haven't touched yet. That's rather stupid.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

It is overrated. Origins was actually a lot better.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Animal-Mother

@uninspiredcup said:

It is overrated. Origins was actually a lot better.

Please stay on topic. This is a discussion about Arkham knight, not whether or not the franchise is overrated or what game was better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 06
Member since 2003 • 998 Posts

Can't wait to have this in my ps4, just find it hard to believe that this is their last batman game, with how well it sells , and most of the time something with batman in the name almost always Does, or maybe they will make more batman games but different "world" not the arkham one. Just don't believe a company would give up a multimillion selling franchise. And when are we getting a high quality Captain America game, that has so much potential, stealth, gun play, hand to hand, could even be open world, if not bats I want a good game with the capt.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm extremely excited for this game. Rocksteady has proven themselves one of the best developers in the industry at this moment. They're all the way up there with Retro Studios. Arkham Asylum was one of the strongest action adventures upon release, but their sequel, Arkham City, just blew their first effort clear out of the water with superior combat, much deeper stealth, more playable characters, a much better world to explore, and the most well handled collectibles in a video game to date (those riddler puzzles were 20 times better than they were in the first game).

It sounds like Rocksteady aren't going to rest on their laurels for the third game as well. Their ambition is phenomenal.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Looking forward to this game. I hope they have a kick ass CE edition.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#21 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

“The Batmobile itself is like a massive gadget. It has character, personality and that emotional connection to Batman as well.

Does Batman have sex with the Batmobile?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

arkyhum crap...the collectors edition...order your copy today!

rated t for teen.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Animal-Mother

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

@Animal-Mother said:

“The Batmobile itself is like a massive gadget. It has character, personality and that emotional connection to Batman as well.

Does Batman have sex with the Batmobile?

Hot coffee mod.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

@ Animal-Mother

So if the Batmobile is a massive Gadget... Will it be fair and well balanced enough to be challenging. Or could we expect it to have its own RPG like Skill that just makes it Faster and Stronger instead of Focused and Varied like the personal Gadgets. (Excluding the Overpowered Shock Gloves and Mine Detonator and Weapon Jammer and The Battaring with signal thing that also doubles as free knockout Battarang, etc) wow. Didn't realize how ungair Batman is until Now.

Maybe SNIPER'S right..... Brrrrrrrr ! theres that cold ominous feeling again.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#25  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Their design philosophy is all wrong. The strength of that first game was how claustrophobic it was. Now all they want to do is make the world bigger. Its not the way to go.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@ biggest_loser

LMAO ! :D

Claustrophobic ? You could atleast try to sugar coat it by using "Dense" instead.

Anyway they made it bigger to accomodate the vehicles. And I'm pretty sure thats all. There will be no reason to be on foot anymore. The Percentage of Building you can't go into will be even higher than Arkham City and its already pretty high.

they might place consecutive missions on opposing sides of the map just to pad the game's length, making you drive there, just like GTA.

Really theres just so many things that might go wrong. Rocksteady is definately out of their element in this one.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@biggest_loser said:

Their design philosophy is all wrong. The strength of that first game was how claustrophobic it was. Now all they want to do is make the world bigger. Its not the way to go.

Why isn't it? Can you even say that without hands on? Hint: I don't think you can.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

They better nail the driving mechanics.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I actually enjoyed Arkham Origins more than City. Asylum is still my favorite game in the series.