Arkham Knight Dual Play Footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Dual Play looks awesome. They still need to do some more work on the transitions. Is it just me or does Nightwing's animations look all awkward and stiff? Arkham City's Nightwing is animated much better than this one. Hope they can iron out all the kinks before release.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

My GOTY most likely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

This is not a feature I am looking forward to in this game. I'll probably only switch if there is an objective only achieveable by doing so. Having an ally fight with you, does look like look fun though. I am glad you can switch though, for variety and other players.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fend_oblivion

@bobrossperm said:

My GOTY most likely.

Gonna upgrade my rig completely before I play either The Witcher 3 or Arkham Knight. These games deserve to be played at their best :)

@twizded said:

This is not a feature I am looking forward to in this game. I'll probably only switch if there is an objective only achieveable by doing so. Having an ally fight with you, does look like look fun though. I am glad you can switch though, for variety and other players.

I guess it's interesting what Rocksteady is doing with next-gen consoles/PCs. They really do need to fix those animations and the phasing problems.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Can't wait

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Looking good, can't wait :D

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Pretty tight I'd say. Hope Is there a chance for coop dual play? I still like this idea of switching between the 2 characters. Hopefully the AI can handle itself.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Pretty sweet stuff.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Pretty cool. Dual play looks promising, as long as the AI can hold up its end. It's definitely a risk that hopefully will pay off.

On a side note, what Rocksteady and CDPR are doing with AK and TW3 footage and trailers is exemplary of how to market a game. Very smart.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

This game looks fantastic. Can't wait. Not dealing with that $40 DLC pass but other then that, fantastic looking game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@fend_oblivion said:

Hope they can iron out all the kinks before release.

Less than a month to release and you think they are going to change something as fundamental as animations?

That's cute.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm torn on this feature. On one hand, it's cool to be able to switch to a character on the fly to utilize his or her specific abilities as needed. On the other hand, I don't want an AI controlled character fighting half of my battles for me. That's stupid.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fend_oblivion

@foxhound_fox said:
@fend_oblivion said:

Hope they can iron out all the kinks before release.

Less than a month to release and you think they are going to change something as fundamental as animations?

That's cute.

Yup, and that's why I hope.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

I'm torn on this feature. On one hand, it's cool to be able to switch to a character on the fly to utilize his or her specific abilities as needed. On the other hand, I don't want an AI controlled character fighting half of my battles for me. That's stupid.

I have a feeling this will be utilized in very select, scripted story sequences, and for the majority of the game where the player controls the pacing, it will be solo play. Similar to the Batmobile, some story will require its use. We've seen a lot of footage where Bats takes on opponents all his own. I also suspect the challenge rooms will allow for single or dual modes, and the AI characters will be selectable.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Oh gawd the gameplay looks mediocre

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fend_oblivion

@MirkoS77 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

I have a feeling this will be utilized in very select, scripted story sequences, and for the majority of the game where the player controls the pacing, it will be solo play. Similar to the Batmobile, some story will require its use. We've seen a lot of footage where Bats takes on opponents all his own. I also suspect the challenge rooms will allow for single or dual modes, and the AI characters will be selectable.

^ Don't forget boss fights. There are those group attacks you can execute on enemies. I think this is going to be a very prominent mechanic for sub-bosses and bosses.