Are your more excited for Halo 5 or Killzone Shadowfall?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) 10 months, 17 days ago

Poll: Are your more excited for Halo 5 or Killzone Shadowfall? (89 votes)

Halo 5 44%
Killzone Shadowfall 56%

While Halo 5 will probably come out early 2014 instead of this holiday, are you more excited for Killzone or still more excited for Halo 5? I know the forum is filled with Cows, but I wanted to see if it had filled as much so that there is more Killzone excitement than Halo excitement. Despite Killzone releasing earlier and halo 5 releasing later.

#1 Posted by MonsieurX (29514 posts) -

Not excited at all by either of these titles.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39185 posts) -

I'm more of a Titanfall kinda guy.

#3 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

I much prefer the Halo series, but we've seen nothing on it. So... KZ.

#4 Edited by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

Without doubt, Killzone.

I am tired of Halo now, Destiny is the new Halo; I'm much more excited for Destiny than either KZ or Halo.

#5 Edited by ankor77 (941 posts) -

Halo easily. Like others have said im more excited for titanfall and destiny than either of them.

#6 Posted by RR360DD (11611 posts) -

Halo all the way. LOL at CoDzone even being in the same sentence.

#7 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Killzone Shadow Fall of course. Everyone knows Halo died and became a COD clone when Bungie left.

#8 Edited by sora16perfect (707 posts) -

I can't stand Halo and I've been slowly losing interest in Killzone after what they did to Killzone 3. But if Killzone mercenary's is anything to go by I'll say Killzone.

#9 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Killzone Shadow Fall of course. Everyone knows Halo died and became a COD clone when Bungie left.

Halo of course. Everyone knows Fogzone is going to flop since..........................the Sony reveal.

#10 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

KZ over Halo... Destiny looks really awesome though. Hope it has a singleplayer option though. I like to go through games at my own pace.

#11 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Bungie killed Halo themselves with Reach. With that said I don't understand why anyone would want Killzone over Halo. I can understand people wanting Titanfall and Destiny over it but Killzone? I guess a majority of people that voted haven't played every game in both of those franchises like I have.

#12 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Halo 5.

Halo 4 was a bit of a mess at launch, but 343 stepped their game up, and now the game is really quite awesome in multiplayer.

They seem very close to their community (as Bungie was), so I can only imagine Halo 5 will be a good improvement over 4.

Killzone doesn't look that good. I just don't like that gameplay style. Too shallow for me.

#13 Posted by DocSanchez (1566 posts) -

Killzone for me. Never got into Halo. Appreciate it's a great series.

#14 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Halo all the way. LOL at CoDzone even being in the same sentence.

And because of this post the Inflation starts NOW.

Actually someone just posted before I finished this and there was already 5 more votes in 4 seconds.

#15 Posted by Telekill (4397 posts) -

It's dependant on which system the person is getting as most are only buying one.

I've already picked up Killzone as I have my PS4 preordered.

#16 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

TitanFall> Halo>> Killzone

#17 Posted by MonsieurX (29514 posts) -

Funny how Killzone was Halo's killer but never delivered

#18 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3479 posts) -

Show me some gameplay for Halo 5 first.

#19 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

And instead decided to copy COD which is a franchise killer and a no buy when any game takes even 3% elements from the game or more, luckily Killzone did no- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait.....

Also Poll? Seems for now the forum is still partially sane.

#20 Edited by mems_1224 (46557 posts) -

Always Halo

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Out of those two Killzone by a large margin and I have 0 interest in Killzone.

#22 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Very true.

Though Halo did kill itself.

#23 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Ahh, there is the inflation, 5 votes in one 5 second period (refreshed twice in a row so there was no delay.)

I am impressed, I though Halo was dead surprised it's doing this well on this site as it is considering the vast amount of uh, people that like the system killzone is on, and not killzone, and don't hate Halo, but hate the system halo is on, for no reason.

#24 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Halo 5.

Halo 4 was a bit of a mess at launch, but 343 stepped their game up, and now the game is really quite awesome in multiplayer.

They seem very close to their community (as Bungie was), so I can only imagine Halo 5 will be a good improvement over 4.

Killzone doesn't look that good. I just don't like that gameplay style. Too shallow for me.

Really? Because to fix it all of the things wrong with Halo 4, they'd basically have to overhaul the entire game.

#25 Edited by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

Neither, actually. Very disappointed with both series after playing their previous entries.

#26 Edited by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Destiny.

343 thoroughly destroyed 10 years of work with Halo 4, and Killzone has always been garbage. No one should be excited for either of these games. Hopefully, they'll both tank.

#27 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Destiny.

343 thoroughly destroyed 10 years of work with Halo 4, and Killzone has always been garbage. No one should be excited for either of these games. Hopefully, they'll both tank.

Killzone will sell on hype alone, and while around 9 million people FASTLy brought Halo 4 I think only 2 mill may do a waiting game on Halo 5. It is the first halo on next gen hardware.

If anything, unfortunately, I see Destiny tanking. But maybe Halo 5 will have a restructured team or something when it's revealed later and it won't be as bad as Halo 4, grante, the SP in Halo 4 was not THAT bad, it was decent.

#28 Edited by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

Killzone at the moment as we know nothing about Halo 5. That said, Titanfall and Halo 5 may give me a reason to pick up an Xbox One next year. I just hope 343 makes some much needed improvements over Halo 4.

#29 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

Neither

#30 Posted by Bruin1986 (1233 posts) -

Sort of a pointless comparison because we know practically nothing about Halo 5. No gameplay, not even any screenshots or target renders.

That said, I think Halo 5 is going to be the game that silences the critics. A lot of people are questioning the capabilities of the Xbox One hardware and I think M$ is going to pull out all the stops and showoff just what their machine can do.

A lot of people have also been criticizing 343i on Halo 4 while forgetting that it was their FIRST game as a studio.

Compare Halo 4 to Killzone 1...yeah, 343i looks pretty good now :)

#31 Posted by lostrib (34519 posts) -

COD: Ghosts

#32 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

@DarkLink77 said:

Destiny.

Killzone will sell on hype alone, and while around 9 million people FASTLy brought Halo 4 I think only 2 mill may do a waiting game on Halo 5. It is the first halo on next gen hardware.

If anything, unfortunately, I see Destiny tanking. But maybe Halo 5 will have a restructured team or something when it's revealed later and it won't be as bad as Halo 4, grante, the SP in Halo 4 was not THAT bad, it was decent.

The single player wasn't awful. It just wasn't great. The multiplayer was franchise-destroying.

As for Killzone... I doubt it. The series has never been a blockbuster seller. It gets lots of hype on forums, but no Killzone game has ever broken 3 million copies.

#33 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Unless 343 drops the COD shtick then I'm not excited fir Halo 5.

#34 Edited by lamprey263 (23173 posts) -

I'm not particularly excited for either of those games, but I'd probably end up getting one of those depending on what console I get next gen.

#35 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29105 posts) -

Killzone, which may admittedly be because I've never played anything from the series and stopped playing Halo after Halo 2.

#36 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20733 posts) -

Halo died?

Sales tell a different story, scores as well.

Killzone 2 was pretty good, Killzone 3 felt like a expansion though.

Killzone has no hero like Mastercheif, the story is boring and the whole game is basically run hide and shoot.

Halo has better online, better story, better weapons, better everything basically,

#37 Edited by cainetao11 (16895 posts) -

Halo 5 no doubt. Books, games, film, comics I love it all. Would love to KZ branch out as much. They have a great socio political story.

#38 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Halo died?

Killzone has no hero like Mastercheif, the story is boring and the whole game is basically run hide and shoot.

Halo has better online, better story, better weapons, better everything basically,

They indicate a significant dip in quality and fan satisfaction.

#39 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13427 posts) -

Destiny, and it'll be better on the quadizzle.

have absolutely zero faith in 343, Killzone looks cool as well.

#40 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20733 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Halo died?

They indicate a significant dip in quality and fan satisfaction.

A dip in quality was Killzone3

#41 Edited by YD_11 (1633 posts) -

I've been a fan of Halo since the first so Halo. I just bought Halo 4 for 10 bucks a couple weeks ago and played through it not knowing what to expect exactly. I was pleasantly surprised and have only played a little of the multiplayer (enjoyed it too).

#42 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Halo died?

343 LOL

Halo 4 hours sucked. The story was laughable and the multiplayer was dead within weeks.

Bungie is gone. The series is dead.

#43 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20733 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Halo died?

343 LOL

Halo 4 hours sucked. The story was laughable and the multiplayer was dead within weeks.

YOur describing the Killzone series lmao

#44 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

Halo 5

#45 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -

"Halo 5 will probably come out early 2014 instead of this holiday"

MS has never released a big name exclusive title that was not in the holiday season...most baseless and desperate comment I have seen yet. We konw MS put all their eggs into hyping Tinfall becaue they don't have anything else to compete with KZSF hell Halo 5 does even have any gameplay vidoes?

You lems must really be getting desperate now, KZSF is a LAUNCH title. Halo 5 doesn't even have a release date LMAO. Lems are scared of KZ hyping games with no gamplay more than a year or more away.

"Just wait"

#46 Edited by Mkavanaugh77 (20733 posts) -

@casharmy said:

"Halo 5 will probably come out early 2014 instead of this holiday"

MS has never released a big name exclusive title that was not in the holiday season...most baseless and desperate comment I have seen yet. We konw MS put all their eggs into hyping Tinfall becaue they don't have anything else to compete with KZSF hell Halo 5 does even have any gameplay vidoes?

You lems must really be getting desperate now, KZSF is a LAUNCH title. Halo 5 doesn't even have a release date LMAO. Lems are scared of KZ hyping games with no gamplay more than a year or more away.

"Just wait"

Lems are scared of KZ? ahahhaahah

Give your head a shake, LEms got Halo.No KZ isnot better than Halo

Killzone Sf looks like killzone3.5 im not impressed tbh and im sure the lems arnt either.

#47 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

who says halo 5 is early 2014? thats titan fall's timeframe, halo is holiday 2014

#48 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

I'm going with Killzone on this, but only because it seems like very fresh take on the franchise and its a launch exclusive that seems to highlight the system well.

IMO, 343's attempt at Halo was good, just not great. I really don't feel that connection to Master Chief anymore, not in the way I felt up to Halo 3. All the events in Halo 4 did was add this feel of artificial lengthening; Like all these events matter and are connected to the prior events, but they actually still feel disconnected.

Halo 5 will do really well, i'm sure. I don't think it'll be the big system pusher the way halo 3 was - I think a new MS IP has a better chance at doing that (Quantum Break, Black Tusk's new IP). I thought i'd be on board for another adventure with Master Chief, but all 4 showed me was that game needs a fresh perspective, badly.

#49 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Lems are scared of Killzone.

#50 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3479 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Halo died?

343 LOL

YOur describing the Killzone series lmao

I hope you weren't expecting a non-stupid post from Swag.