Are you trembling with fear knowing that gen consoles will be soon lost in oblivion?

• 200 results
Edited 2 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Are you trembling with fear knowing that gen consoles will be soon lost in oblivion? (99 votes)

Yes 25%
No 75%

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-gtx-870-and-gtx-880-available-in-november.html

In a few months Nvidia will launch the new GTX 870 and GTX 880, early 2015 we will see the new monster single GPU from AMD 9 TFlops (10 TFlops+ if you OC, that is just crazy). Even single GPU's from january 2012 are 2 times more powerful than the most powerful next gen console. How to you feel about the next gen consoles becoming even more irrelevant? It is time for the console people to switch to PC gameing?

#1 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

Look how much more powerful the 780 was over the ps360 but that didn't stop consoles from breaking sales records last year.

#2 Posted by handssss (1824 posts) -

in few months, I'll be playing destiny, so I don't give a shit that some GPU is being released.

#3 Edited by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

hahaha

gameplay >>>> graphics.

#4 Edited by freedomfreak (39185 posts) -

Yeah, GPUs are scary.

lol.

#5 Edited by kinectthedots (1614 posts) -

1.No, because hermits have to pay huge $$$ to upgrade to own those cards, and the majority of hermits have been shown to be cheap wads

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Graphics card - 3 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

$700 online#5 in NVIDIA Video Cards & Adapters »

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/18233008983132948685?q=780+ti+cost&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.71198958,d.aWw,pv.xjs.s.en_US.Q6Wr7PNt2sw.O&biw=1152&bih=547&tch=1&ech=1&psi=jPnIU_XUFNamyASc54C4Cw.1405680005619.5&ei=wPnIU6LmGomdyASjkoD4Dw&ved=0CKQEEKkrMAA

780 for the card alone still cost around $700...$700!!!

2. No, because they are all still only going be used for playing up rezed console ports.

3. No, consoles still dictate the industry just like consoles did last gen and the biggest and best games will me made to be played optimally on consoles no matter how strong PC port machines are made.

behold the last highly praised and graphically impressive PC game on the most powerful hardware praised by hermits from last gen...compared to consoles.

DealWithIt#

#6 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6158 posts) -

I already closed all the Oblivion gates so no, this won't happen.

#7 Edited by Gue1 (9500 posts) -

and it still won't be able to play uncharted 4 nor guilty gear xrd. No game will take advantage of it beside maybe star citizen, so what is the point?

#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10339 posts) -

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

#9 Posted by clyde46 (45004 posts) -

@MK-Professor And how much will this GTX 870/880 cost us? Twice the price of either the Xbox One or PS4? And that's for just the GPU -- what about the rest of the computer?

Get a job?

#10 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10339 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Get a job?

So answer me this -- why does every 'New GPU' thread require the TC to proclaim the demise of "console X" in the title and/or description?

Makes me wonder why they play PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

#11 Edited by tormentos (17121 posts) -

I feel happy for you and the other 6 people who will get that GPU on PC.lol

#12 Edited by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Get a job?

Nobody is stupid enough to waste thousands of dollars so that he can play video games, unless that person is really rich.

#13 Edited by clyde46 (45004 posts) -

I'll be one of those 6 then. Hell, I'll buy two of them.

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Get a job?

Nobody is stupid enough to waste thousands of dollars so that he can play video games, unless that person is really rich.

Count up how much you've spent on video games over the years and it will $1000's. Video games are an expensive hobby, fact.

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Get a job?

So answer me this -- why does every 'New GPU' thread require the TC to proclaim the demise of "console X" in the title and/or description?

Makes me wonder why they place PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

Because SW thats why. As it stands, the current gen of consoles are lagging way behind the PC. How this will pan out I don't know, will devs keep putting out 720p/60 or 1080/30 on consoles throughtout the whole gen? Or are consumers going to be pissed off and demand more of their games. PC gaming is getting easier and easier thanks to consoles actually. The whole plug and play mantra of the consoles is slowly making its way to PC. With Steam Big Picture mode you didn't even need to see your desktop.

I think now a lot of console only gamers are seeing what is on PC and then demanding it for consoles, why they can't get it on said consoles many are moving over to PC as their primary gaming platform to get access to all the extra toys whilst still keeping their consoles. Hell, thats what I did. I was a console only gamer before I built my own PC back in 2009 and I haven't looked back since.

#14 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10339 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Get a job?

Makes me wonder why they play PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

Because SW thats why.

That is no answer at all -- in anyway, shape or form. I didn't feel the need to justify the hardware I purchased, I merely bought what I wanted.

Why everytime a new GPU comes out does the TC feel the need to proclaim it so much better than "console X"....even if it is completely ridiculous like comparing the $3000 Titan Z to consoles.

#15 Posted by tormentos (17121 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@tormentos said:

I'll be one of those 6 then. Hell, I'll buy two of them.

@happyduds77 said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Get a job?

Count up how much you've spent on video games over the years and it will $1000's. Video games are an expensive hobby, fact.

@R3FURBISHED said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Get a job?

Makes me wonder why they place PC games at all if they have to justify the hardware comparative to the console of the time.

Because SW thats why. As it stands, the current gen of consoles are lagging way behind the PC. How this will pan out I don't know, will devs keep putting out 720p/60 or 1080/30 on consoles throughtout the whole gen? Or are consumers going to be pissed off and demand more of their games. PC gaming is getting easier and easier thanks to consoles actually. The whole plug and play mantra of the consoles is slowly making its way to PC. With Steam Big Picture mode you didn't even need to see your desktop.

I think now a lot of console only gamers are seeing what is on PC and then demanding it for consoles, why they can't get it on said consoles many are moving over to PC as their primary gaming platform to get access to all the extra toys whilst still keeping their consoles. Hell, thats what I did. I was a console only gamer before I built my own PC back in 2009 and I haven't looked back since.

Well is your money you can be a sucker all you want..hahahahaa

#16 Edited by clyde46 (45004 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@clyde46 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Get a job?

Because SW thats why.

That is no answer at all -- in anyway, shape or form. I didn't feel the need to justify the hardware I purchased, I merely bought what I wanted.

Why everytime a new GPU comes out does the TC feel the need to proclaim it so much better than "console X"....even if it is completely ridiculous like comparing the $3000 Titan Z to consoles.

No, it is because SW.

#17 Edited by cainetao11 (16894 posts) -

#18 Posted by bezza2011 (2384 posts) -

try spending 400 on a pc and see if you can get better graphics than a ps4 or xbox one.

I mean I've just spent time racking up how much I'll need to spend to truly enjoy PC gaming, and it's going to cost me 2500 I mean seriously, until you can make PCs for around the 300 to 500 mark and get amazing results consoles will always be relevant and dictate the market, I mean all this PC's are amazing rubbish comes down to how much you spend and still then most of the games aren't that much better looking than consoles.

#19 Edited by KungfuKitten (20855 posts) -

I'm not sure that the consoles will need a new generation 4 years from now? I mean, if you aren't focusing on graphics anyway.
It feels like this generation will last as long as the previous one. The next generation of consoles will be very interesting. Maybe we will see 3 Wii's.

#20 Posted by yokofox33 (29367 posts) -

No, I'm not trembling in fear. I'm happy with my consoles, thanks. I PC game very infrequently.

#21 Posted by Krelian-co (10374 posts) -

Great, maybe i'll update but i don't see how this will affect consoles.

#22 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3792 posts) -

Erm nope. I am quite confident that PS4 and XB1 will be quite servicable gaming platforms for the years to come. I actually might end up getting an 880 because they are said to be even cheaper than 780's at release. But my PS4, especially in 2015, will get a lot of attention.

Also lolmkprofessor thread.

#23 Posted by gameofthering (10134 posts) -

Shame that Batman was delayed. My plan was to upgrade for it this year.

#24 Posted by parkurtommo (26488 posts) -

I don't think consoles will ever disappear, but a lot of gamers are switching over which is really cool. The more Pc gaming grows, the more games and impressive technology we get.

#25 Edited by rosko123 (513 posts) -

I have both a gaming PC and a PS4 and I really don't give a shit what you game on but most of my friends play on console so that's where I spend most of my time. I spent a lot on my PC. The money you pay for a high end gfx card really isn't worth the difference.

#26 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

OMG i pissing in my pants. -_-

#27 Posted by SecretPolice (21485 posts) -

Knee nocking & sweat pouring off the forehead and all. :P

#28 Edited by MiiiiV (331 posts) -

Hi-end gaming PCs are already more powerful and much more capable, it's obvious that they will be even further ahead in the future. It's certainly best to have a powerful gaming pc for all multiplats and pc games and at least one next gen console for the exclusives if one can afford it.
If one has to choose between a pc and a next gen console, it mostly comes down to personal preferences, pc is an ever evolving platform and most console only gamers aren't aware of the potential of hi-end PCs or they simply don't care. They just want to put in the game, sit in the couch and have fun or be immersed into a great adventure.

#29 Edited by PAL360 (26720 posts) -

No. PC will always be more powerful, and the gap will get bigger every year, but im sure that these consoles will be ok and improve due to optimization for quite some time. I just hope that this gen doesnt last as much as last one. 8 years is too long, 5 or 6 years would be perfect.

#30 Posted by uninspiredcup (7847 posts) -

The barbarians are at the gates.

#31 Posted by intotheminx (597 posts) -

I'm currently in the process of upgrading, so I don't see myself wasting that much money. As far as consoles go...why give a shit? lol. Games will look and run fine.

#32 Edited by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

@clyde46: There is a difference between "on Video Games" and "To play video games on"

"On video games", includes video games, platforms and anything video game related

"To play video games on" includes video game platforms solely

#33 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

All that power just to play games like Terraria? :-\

too bad it couldn't be used for something like oh say destiny?

Keep on beggin' B-)

#34 Posted by gameofthering (10134 posts) -

Keep on beggin' B-)

At least they are begging for games to appear on another system as opposed to certain console users.

They were begging for games not to appear on other systems, trying to deny other people from enjoying more games.

#35 Posted by sailor232 (4442 posts) -

Yeah no games use the power of the cards out today. The only reason to get the high end cards would be to run all games at extreme resolutions, but then on top of an expensive card you will need to purchase an expensive monitor, very costly. I really want to upgrade when the new 800 series is out, only because my cards came out 4 years ago.

#36 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3792 posts) -

It's a shame so many PC gamers are like @MK-Professor. They ruin the PC community between them. It's a crime to let so many of them run rabid. Such a great platform too :(

#37 Posted by pyro1245 (551 posts) -

Nope. But to be fair I don't really care about them.

#38 Posted by clone01 (24529 posts) -

Nope. There are games on consoles I enjoy playing, and that's what I care about.

#39 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

For some reason, PC gamers can never seem to understand that most console gamers do not want to play games on a PC - and it has nothing to do with graphics, it has to do with people like me thinking gaming on a PC sucks.

#40 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6954 posts) -

Keep on beggin' B-)

Keep on trolling XboxisDone74

#41 Edited by blackace (20287 posts) -

No one is trembling at anything on the PC. They make these super powerful cards and the developers NEVER EVER use all the power for them. The film industry will get more power from those cards then any game ever will.

#42 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

I already closed all the Oblivion gates so no, this won't happen.

I lol'd

#43 Posted by MBirdy88 (7706 posts) -

1.No, because hermits have to pay huge $$$ to upgrade to own those cards, and the majority of hermits have been shown to be cheap wads

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/18233008983132948685?q=780+ti+cost&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.71198958,d.aWw,pv.xjs.s.en_US.Q6Wr7PNt2sw.O&biw=1152&bih=547&tch=1&ech=1&psi=jPnIU_XUFNamyASc54C4Cw.1405680005619.5&ei=wPnIU6LmGomdyASjkoD4Dw&ved=0CKQEEKkrMAA

2. No, because they are all still only going be used for playing up rezed console ports.

3. No, consoles still dictate the industry just like consoles did last gen and the biggest and best games will me made to be played optimally on consoles no matter how strong PC port machines are made.

behold the last highly praised and graphically impressive PC game on the most powerful hardware praised by hermits from last gen...compared to consoles.

DealWithIt#

I love the whole "Character models is the most important thing to compare" with you numpties.... so cute.

but damn son, where are the jaggies in this cryengine game? I don't see any.... do you?

Game that switched direction and became lowest common denominator trash .... isn't that impressive? well clever you....

I suppose you can enjoy those 1st party games that look comparable to pc games for a year.... then wait the next 7 years for one year of comparable quality... such an epic win. congratulation :D

#44 Posted by MBirdy88 (7706 posts) -

Keep on beggin' B-)

remind me what the top played xbox and psn games are?

Minecraft.

CoD.

Battlefield (which still doesn't look as good as the PC version... so much for console power)

Terraria?

Oh I'm sure destiny will be on there for a few months... until the next shooter comes out and that sudden need to think "new = better" kicks in with you lot.

#45 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7206 posts) -

No, because my Wii U is still going to get great games that the PC won't. I'll certainly be upgrading my graphics card to get the most out of The Witcher 3 this February. Had to upgrade earlier this year from my 275GTX to a 750Ti(2GB Maxwell version) because my old card was shedding virtual tears trying to play Rome II.

#46 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3792 posts) -

DealWithIt#

"Bu.. bu.. buh tz a generational leapz abuv consoel verzionz!!1"

LOL for real, hermits be that dumb!

#47 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9884 posts) -

I can't play X1 or PS4 exclusives with those cards so no.

#48 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3792 posts) -

@MBirdy88: It's funny how you pretend to 'own cows' with your 'knowledge of tech and things yet you are clueless.

You're just another lem hiding behind the PC. But your not you say? Your Titan smashing a PS4 avatar says differently.

Fact is, character models in Crysis 3 aren't the only thing that's the exact same in both versions. it's ALL the objects on screen LOL.

Same damn game.

A 360 port XD.

Last gen trash confirmed!

#49 Posted by MBirdy88 (7706 posts) -

@MBirdy88: It's funny how you pretend to 'own cows' with your 'knowledge of tech and things yet you are clueless.

You're just another lem hiding behind the PC. But your not you say? Your Titan smashing a PS4 avatar says differently.

Fact is, character models in Crysis 3 aren't the only thing that's the exact same in both versions. it's ALL the objects on screen LOL.

Same damn game.

A 360 port XD.

Last gen trash confirmed!

"lol for real hermits be that dull" ... who are you exactly? taking up this mantle all of a sudden. ironic.

oh and do I HAVE to keep doing this to you people. Titanfall is still better than anything on PS4 ... as still stand by that, AS A PC GAMER.... I would of changed my avatar long ago, but I really can't be bothered... since it seems to rustle jimmies so easily.

Gee batman, I am totally a lemming.

#50 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

I can't play X1 or PS4 exclusives with those cards so no.

This is pretty much the main reason I'm not a big PC gamer. I'd include the Wii U in there as well. If all you care about are multiplat games and NO EXCLUSIVES on any game console at all, then stay on the PC.