Are You Interested or Getting interested in a gaming PC?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are You Interested or Getting interested in a gaming PC? (54 votes)

Yes 76%
No 24%

No this is not a PC vs Console thread. Instead it's a simple question to gauge the outlook of consolites on System Wars. With Watch Dogs PC footage completely trumping the console versions in ever way and it's only 6 months into a new generation this gap will only spread over the coming months and years. PC games are going to get pushed even more this gen because the gap is big enough and enough people have high end rigs to warrant pushing them. Then you have games like star citizen that just aren't going to come to console in their true form not just because of power but logistically.

So are some of you starting to get interested in a gaming rig? Not to replace your console (i'd never even suggest that) but to compliment it as you device for most multiplats. Or is knowing there are greener pastures still not enough to make the jump. Or are things like price still a factor for you?

• 
stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

yes. i'm strongly considering a gaming/workstation pc right now.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@ButDuuude said:
@spitfire-six said:

@ButDuuude said:

I like and have always liked the PC, but the frequent upgrades can get too expensive and I don't like playing with keyboard and mouse (yes, I know I can get a controller). I'll never leave my PS4 to play exclusively on the PC, but I'll eventually get back to PC gaming again.

They both have their place. Im missing my PC right now but I am enjoying console. I feel like PC gaming takes more effort although that could have been the types of games I was playing.

Yes, I used to play flight simulators. My last fight simulator game was Jane's F/A-18 combat simulator and that game came with 204 page manual. They take it seriously man lol.

You know how many Units in arms have mandatory "basic trainings" before you can join their unit lol. There is an A10 sim out there also that is similar. Sometimes I'm in the mood for that kinda stuff but sometimes I just want to crack a beer turn on a game and mindlessly shoot things. Thats why I bought a console.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@spitfire-six said:

@ButDuuude said:
@spitfire-six said:

@ButDuuude said:

I like and have always liked the PC, but the frequent upgrades can get too expensive and I don't like playing with keyboard and mouse (yes, I know I can get a controller). I'll never leave my PS4 to play exclusively on the PC, but I'll eventually get back to PC gaming again.

They both have their place. Im missing my PC right now but I am enjoying console. I feel like PC gaming takes more effort although that could have been the types of games I was playing.

Yes, I used to play flight simulators. My last fight simulator game was Jane's F/A-18 combat simulator and that game came with 204 page manual. They take it seriously man lol.

You know how many Units in arms have mandatory "basic trainings" before you can join their unit lol. There is an A10 sim out there also that is similar. Sometimes I'm in the mood for that kinda stuff but sometimes I just want to crack a beer turn on a game and mindlessly shoot things. Thats why I bought a console.

Same here.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I've always had a "medium" powerful PC, but that's gonna change once I build my new one.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

I don't own any pcs anymore.

I don't need a PC or laptop at home for anything so I cut that cord a number of years ago

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I've got a gaming rig, check my sig. :P While I like pc gaming, I'll never give up on getting the consoles. I always get them all and I have never been the type to just choose one and stick with it. I like seeing what they all offer. I don't care about the graphics things with the consoles, that isn't why I play games. I'll take it if the game or games offer it, but I'm not gonna complain if it doesn't.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#57 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Best decision I ever made was to get an ultra powerful PC. One of the best gaming investments i've made.

I completely agree. I hadn't gamed on a PC since 2004, but I recently built a new gaming PC a month ago; and I have to say that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I forgot how much better games perform on the platform. It genuinely made gaming more enjoyable for me in some weird way. I still keep a PS3 & PS4 for exclusives though. But I have to admit, since building the PC, I have not had any desire to play them. That may change once The Order & FFXV comes out, then I can at least give my PS4 some playtime...

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Been playing on PC since as early as I can remember, I also play on consoles as well. How do i do it? I'm not fussy

CARNAGES41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CARNAGES41
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

Gaming on a PC is something I've been interested in for a LONG time

But I never really had a big reason to get into it, I needed an excuse other than just gaming.

But now I need a workstation because I am tired of working off my laptop, so I'm going to build a gaming PC, looking forward to it

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Not at the moment. I can't think of a single game I missed out on the last few gens that I regret not being able to play, nor any future PC exclusive that moves me in any way. shrug.

I'm so big into physical media anyway. Also the games that I do play on PC all run excellent on my non-GPU having laptop, Path of Exile, Van Helsing, Portal, Half-Life, CoD United Offensive, KoToR, WoW(when I played), Torchlight series, Diablo 2/3 even though I'm getting 3 also for the PS4. Mostly ARPGs, point-and-click lootfests. I can play all these from medium to MAX on my laptop with an i5 and 8gigs of RAM. All the other genres that I love are perfectly at home on consoles.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Yeah I'm interested In a gaming PC but the PS4 won out. Sure I grew up on PC and awesome mods but most games I'm interested in are only on Playstation. I am interest in WildStar though so I guess I just need to figure how to get the cheapest PC that will run that game at max.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

If the games industry shifts & starts developing for PC first then port down to console ..yea..it will be worth getting a high end PC..as its the trend (x360/PS3) time..its develop for console first then port to PC..which means you're never get the best out of your PC anyway..so having highend/best PC hardware doesn't really mean much. PC gaming only really gets expensive when you keep upping monitor res/size. Already have a gaming PC with HD5870 & a 19' 1280x1024 monitor..at the moment it will run most (if not all) games details maxed out AA/AF & all. :P

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Who the hell wouldn't consider a gaming pc? It curb stomps the competition.

The first runner up (PS4) is a damn joke.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@superbuuman said:

If the games industry shifts & starts developing for PC first then port down to console ..yea..it will be worth getting a high end PC..as its the trend (x360/PS3) time..its develop for console first then port to PC..which means you're never get the best out of your PC anyway..so having highend/best PC hardware doesn't really mean much. PC gaming only really gets expensive when you keep upping monitor res/size. Already have a gaming PC with HD5870 & a 19' 1280x1024 monitor..at the moment it will run most (if not all) games details maxed out AA/AF & all. :P

Here's the thing some are missing these new consoles are nothing like their 360/PS3 brethren, The X1 and PS4 are basically PC's using x86 multicore cpu's from AMD and are using direct x 11 based AMD based gpu's that are no stronger then mid ranged gpu's.all in an APU package. There will be no problem going from X1 to PC or PC to X1 since that coding base is virtually the same, and the hardware is based off the same standards.Even with the PS4 the only difference is switching the gpu API back to directx or mantle base to make it work and the again the hardware is same standards also. They are not having to deal with customized powerpc cpu's, the Cell and proprietary hardware that was only remotely related.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#66 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@superbuuman said:

Here's the thing some are missing these new consoles are nothing like their 360/PS3 brethren, The X1 and PS4 are basically PC's using x86 multicore cpu's from AMD and are using direct x 11 based AMD based gpu's that are no stronger then mid ranged gpu's.all in an APU package. There will be no problem going from X1 to PC or PC to X1 since that coding base is virtually the same, and the hardware is based off the same standards.Even with the PS4 the only difference is switching the gpu API back to directx or mantle base to make it work and the again the hardware is same standards also. They are not having to deal with customized powerpc cpu's, the Cell and proprietary hardware that was only remotely related.

@04dcarraher speaks the truth, as usual.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

I just built one last week. It's definitely getting more attention than my PS4 at the moment. Specs are in my sig.