Are You Interested or Getting interested in a gaming PC?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are You Interested or Getting interested in a gaming PC? (54 votes)

Yes 76%
No 24%

No this is not a PC vs Console thread. Instead it's a simple question to gauge the outlook of consolites on System Wars. With Watch Dogs PC footage completely trumping the console versions in ever way and it's only 6 months into a new generation this gap will only spread over the coming months and years. PC games are going to get pushed even more this gen because the gap is big enough and enough people have high end rigs to warrant pushing them. Then you have games like star citizen that just aren't going to come to console in their true form not just because of power but logistically.

So are some of you starting to get interested in a gaming rig? Not to replace your console (i'd never even suggest that) but to compliment it as you device for most multiplats. Or is knowing there are greener pastures still not enough to make the jump. Or are things like price still a factor for you?

• 
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Best decision I ever made was to get an ultra powerful PC. One of the best gaming investments i've made.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

I got interested a three years or so back and I´m so glad I finally did it,best experience I had in gaming my whole life,really hard to look back now.

I still console game here and there but the majority of my gaming is made on the PC,exclusives and multiplats,plus a massive amount of classic games that pretty much make it the system with the most high quality games ever released for it,by far.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I built an awesome gaming PC but no games to take advantage of the power. Hopefully that will change.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Best decision I ever made was to get an ultra powerful PC. One of the best gaming investments i've made.

This

except mine isn't ultra powerful. my shitty graphics card is killing me :(

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Ive been pc gaming since 1994, got really into it in 1999 onward and still play on consoles best of all worlds.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

I've been a PC gamer since back when I was playing Math Rabbit on those huge floppy discs for DOS. I still get consoles, of course, but the PC is my go to platform for the most part.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Animal-Mother

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

This

What you got sittin in the slot?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I've been pc gaming since the mid 90s, but lately I've been putting together a lot of gaming pcs for co-workers and former classmates that dont want XB1s or ps4s

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

I got into PC gaming back in 2002, my white home boys got me into PC gaming, Im so glad I did or I would still be a console gamer not knowing any better thinking 1080p in the year 2014 is the best thing since sliced bread.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5857 Posts

been a console gamer for a while, but was a PC one at one point. Will get back into it this summer I think.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mems_1224

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

This

gtx 570

it was decent when i got my pc 2 years ago but current gen games are gonna destroy it. lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

been gaming on pc since i was 5, so yeah

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Animal-Mother

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

This

gtx 570

it was decent when i got my pc 2 years ago but current gen games are gonna destroy it. lol

Yeah it's a smidge old.
That's the great thing about PC gaming though, Easy upgrades. I think two years ago I threw in a 7970. Though by years end I plan on having the highest of end PCs

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

Im mainly a console gamer, but I do own a gaming PC. I only play rpg games like Dragon Age and The Witcher on it though. Everything else I play on consoles. I suck at fps games on PC.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

put me a pc togeather a year ago.....3weeks ago i upgraded the gpu to a gtx760....best move i ever made...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I have a PC but not interested in PC gaming and dont think i'll ever be i mean i tried many times to start gaming on PC but i just couldn't, while games on PC are pretty much always cheaper than the same games available on consoles but thats pretty much it! thats the only advantage the PC has imo.

In terms of the library of games available on PC it goes from un-interesting to just really boring, cant get into RTS's or MMO's i tried League of Legends, DOTA2 and few others but those types of games are un-interesting to me so that is why i just cant see myself ever gaming on PC.

so the answer to your question is a No.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

@ mems. hey man i got a gtx660 sc for sale.......

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Animal-Mother

@finalstar2007 said:

I have a PC but not interested in PC gaming and dont think i'll ever be i mean i tried many times to start gaming on PC but i just couldn't, while games on PC are pretty much always cheaper than the same games available on consoles but thats pretty much it! thats the only advantage the PC has imo.

In terms of the library of games available on PC it goes from un-interesting to just really boring, cant get into RTS's or MMO's i tried League of Legends, DOTA2 and few others but those types of games are un-interesting to me so that is why i just cant see myself ever gaming on PC.

LOL. There are so many other things than you just explained. Do you ever look at things past a surface level?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224

@Animal-Mother said:

Yeah it's a smidge old.

That's the great thing about PC gaming though, Easy upgrades. I think two years ago I threw in a 7970. Though by years end I plan on having the highest of end PCs

Yea, its barely decent enough for Titanfall. I can run Titanfall on high at around 50-55fps. Ill probably get a new one some time next year. This year I need to get a new console.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Animal-Mother

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Yeah it's a smidge old.

Yea, its barely decent enough for Titanfall. I can run Titanfall on high at around 50-55fps. Ill probably get a new one some time next year. This year I need to get a new console.

Yeah titanfall isn't too demanding, I think with V-sync off i'm pushing 80-85 frames depending on the actions. Some games just go through the damn roof though.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:

games on PC are pretty much always cheaper than the same games available on consoles but thats pretty much it! thats the only advantage the PC has imo.

Wrong, PC version of the same game look way better, and the control on the PC is much better, better online, mods, etc. I'll just stop right there because I can keep going.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I used to be (and still am at heart) a PC gamer, and always think about getting another high-end rig... however, I like to have the latest technology when I have a PC and it started to cost me too much from upgrading all the time. Hence why I bought a PS4 instead. But like I said, I always think about buying another rig. I miss it a lot sometimes.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I have tried multiple times in the last 10 years to game on PC but I just don't like it. The PS4 will be more than just enough for me in the near future.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

As young children grow into adults they tend to move from console to pc. It's sophisticated gaming for adult minds.

Nothing on consoles come close and as the mind developments, it needs nourishment.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@finalstar2007 said:

LOL. There are so many other things than you just explained. Do you ever look at things past a surface level?

Again i tried to get into it but i couldnt .. even my friends tried and still do very hard to get me into PC gaming but i just cant heck a few even gifted me some game/s via steam but again i cant, its not for me.

i know gaming on a PC is epic, awesome and fun but sadly its not for me and ya know what they to each their own.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

As young children grow into adults they tend to move from console to pc. It's sophisticated gaming for adult minds.

Nothing on consoles come close and as the mind developments, it needs nourishment.

Your mind obviously hasn't developed very much

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts

I made the choice to switch to PC back in 2010 when console DLC was getting out of hand. On the PC side your software will be functional even after upgrading with brand new parts. It's one of the perks of an open platform. Consoles do have great exclusives, and that's the way it should be to entice purchases.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Built one this summer, and am loving it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nope. I'm perfectly happy with laptop PC gaming. Never in a million years would I buy a desk top PC again. Hate those things...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lostrib

I have a gaming PC. My biggest issue is resisting the urge to upgrade all the time

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Animal-Mother

@finalstar2007 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Again i tried to get into it but i couldnt .. even my friends tried and still do very hard to get me into PC gaming but i just cant heck a few even gifted me some game/s via steam but again i cant, its not for me.

i know gaming on a PC is epic, awesome and fun but sadly its not for me and ya know what they to each their own.

That's fine to admit, but don't say mostly wrong stuff like you usually do.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@lostrib said:

I have a gaming PC. My biggest issue is resisting the urge to upgrade all the time

same here

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

I already have one. PC is the best gaming platform of all time, but the games I am interested in are unfortunately only found on consoles.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts
@lostrib said:

Ya, I thought I'd be good when I built mine, but then I got a sound card, then a new headset and a controller. Now I'm thinking of getting a second GPU but I should really hold off til they drop bellow $400.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Yeah. this gen I'm going to build one instead of picking up a ps4 or a Xbone.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I love my pc, but I find lately I just use it for indies, 3rd party titles and Console Emulation.

Which is fine, I love how versatile it is. But on the exclusive front it's really pretty lacking for me.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Gonna get one this month, though I'm unsure if an AMD FX-6300 and HIS R9 270x combination will last me.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#39 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

I'm interested in getting interested in a gaming PC.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@finalstar2007 said:

You are clearly set in your ways and I'm not going to try to change your mind; do what you do. But with that being said...You describe PC gaming as "epic, awesome, and fun." How is this not appealing to you exactly?

As for the topic at hand, I started PC gaming in about 2003 on a semi-decent PC. But when I saw the difference between PC games like Doom 3, Half Life 2, and Far Cry (which were all games that made me build my first computer) and Xbox/PS2 games, I was hooked for good. I still love console games and always will, but for multiplatform games it's very rare that I'll get the console version.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib

@scottpsfan14 said:

@lostrib said:

Jesus. Where do you get the money to keep on upgrading? Or do you have your priorities in life totally wrong?

What? I don't upgrade that often. I just have the desire to

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Like console style games more, but there's enough of them on PC so you don't really need a console. It's real nice how cheap games are.

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

What do you mean? It seems to have development just fine.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lostrib

@Sushiglutton said:

Like console style games more, but there's enough of them on PC so you don't really need a console. It's real nice how cheap games are.

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Wow

So Development

Much Sophisticated

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Wow

So Development

Much Sophisticated

My friend, add full stops.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

almost over the edge preparing myself.

amd or nvidia GFX card which one will gives me a better future proof, which one will survive the next 5 years?

didn't keep up with pc gfx cards

price/quality plz

was a nvidia guy back in the 8800gtx days, but with mantle and exclusive gfx card features i can't decide.

the reason i quit pc gaming is frequently upgrading and f around with the options for better performance, drivers and ofcourse those damn hackers, anti cheat programs f with your system like punkbuster etc and motha F crytek was the last drop!

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Nah.. I will eventually get a better rig but it won't be for gaming. I just bought the PS4 and I still have a 360 (along with a number of older systems (Wii,DC,SNES, NES, ect..) no need to worry about gaming.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I like and have always liked the PC, but the frequent upgrades can get too expensive and I don't like playing with keyboard and mouse (yes, I know I can get a controller). I'll never leave my PS4 to play exclusively on the PC, but I'll eventually get back to PC gaming again.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

I like and have always liked the PC, but the frequent upgrades can get too expensive and I don't like playing with keyboard and mouse (yes, I know I can get a controller). I'll never leave my PS4 to play exclusively on the PC, but I'll eventually get back to PC gaming again.

They both have their place. Im missing my PC right now but I am enjoying console. I feel like PC gaming takes more effort although that could have been the types of games I was playing.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
@spitfire-six said:

@ButDuuude said:

They both have their place. Im missing my PC right now but I am enjoying console. I feel like PC gaming takes more effort although that could have been the types of games I was playing.

I used to play flight simulators. My last fight simulator game was Jane's F/A-18 combat simulator and that game came with 204 page manual. They take it seriously man lol.