Are you excited for Final Fantasy Typo 0? Getting it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45242 Posts

I haven't been excited for an FF game in a long time, but this one looks pretty interesting. Will you be getting this, SW?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

The game looks pretty good. I may get it...

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Looks amazing finally they listen to the map quest. Too bad it not a real wow factor, but really what more can you ask for.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

March is packed with things I'm interested in with

-Bloodborne
-Codename Steam
-Ori and the Blind Forest
-Axiom Verg
-Pillars of Eternity

All releasing in the same month and all looking more interesting as games to me, but If it was a bit slower I probably would have taken a shot on it. I'm kind of itching for a non Souls like jrpg fix, started playing Xenoblade, and no.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm not excited, but I'm certainly curious. I laid down a reserve due to the wonderful overseas appraisals (PSP's FF Type-0 was awarded a nigh-perfect score of 39/40 by Famitsu).

I hate the title, but it looks like it could be a good Final Fantasy game for us westerners to finally get our mits on (besides the 2011 PSP import).

----

"Are you excited for Final Fantasy Typo 0? Getting it?"

Also, your title contains a Typo.

It's "Type-0", not "Typo 0". The word Type with an "e", not an "o" Gotta fix those Typos.

Sincerely,

SolidTypo

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

Definitely picking it up.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

No and no. Thank you.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

But how many are actually getting it NOT for the FF15 demo?

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

yup getting this day 1 with the FFXV Demo

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

I'm really hoping the existance of this Demo means that Final Fantasy XV is actually going to be released this year. I don't know if I'm getting FF Type 0 yet, I think I still need to do some research to find out if the game is worth playing on its own first off and then decide if I want to get it.

I know that the release of Dragon Quest 8 with the FF XII demo meant that FF XII came out not too long afterwards so hopefully its the same situation here

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

I want to play it, and not for access to the FFXV demo, I'm actually more interested in playing this than I am FFXV. But, I'm not sure the price sits right with me. It is a remake of a PSP game after all, one that's 3.5 years old. $30, maybe $40 at most if I'm in the right mood, but not $60, again I don't care that it does come with a FFXV demo, though I imagine that is probably how/why they're going to try to justify the price.

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

Yeah that's a very good point. If there was no demo then most people would be calling bull S#@T on that $60 price tag for a ported old PSP game. How long is the demo supposed to be? If its like 30 min intro garbage then that's not enough to justify full price.

I think most people don't have a problem watching the demo online especially if its pretty short.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

#NoVitaNoBuy

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

played a pirated version with English patch on PsP and thought that the game is shit.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

$60 FFXV demo

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#16 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

lol no, I've never liked the FF series. I'll take dat Persona 5 tho.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#17 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19582 Posts

@Gue1 said:

played a pirated version with English patch on PsP and thought that the game is shit.

I had no idea there was an English patch...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
@Jag85 said:

@Gue1 said:

I had no idea there was an English patch...

Probably fan made like Mother 3.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

lol JRPGs

ATB....LMAO

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Probably not unless I hear really good things about it. I tried FF 13-2 and didnt like it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

I do plan on picking it up.....

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Absolutely not.

TaigaTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TaigaTiger
Member since 2009 • 660 Posts

I will not be getting it. I have heard it's a fantastic game but $60 ($69.99CDN) is too much for a remastered game. I don't care much for the FF15 demo

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Day 1 purchase

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

@blamix99 said:

yup getting this day 1 with the FFXV Demo

Same here

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jag85

@zeeshanhaider said:

lol JRPGs

ATB....LMAO

There is no ATB in this game.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

lol JRPGs

ATB....LMAO

So, they implemented even crappier game mechanic? It's for handheld definitely can't have any better gameplay.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Day 1, looks pretty awesome and should hold my FF fix tell FF15 comes out which should be a few years right?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#29  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Honestly, I was interested in the game 5 years ago. This game looks kinda weird to me now. Like, I want to like it, but the fact that it still plays like a ported psp game bothers me a bit. The combat looks wonky.

I dunno, I'm still on the fence. Why didn't they port this shit to the vita? Square gonna Square...

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I'll definitely pick it up down the road, but not until the price drops by at least half. It's a port of an old PSP game for crying out loud. No excuse trying to suck out $60, and I have no interest in the demo. I'll play XV when XV gets here. In 2037.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

So it's highly attached to the 13 world. Which makes me want it even less. Then there is the whole issue with it not being on pc market places. Again another Squere enix game that 1000's won't be purchasing because square enix ignores the largest current group of gamers out there.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

well I palyed a jpn demo ages ago and I liked it alot and thought since it was FF it would surely come over annnnd it didint. I pre order the LE for ps4.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#33 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I don't owe a ps4 so not getting it. Once FFXV comes out I'll buy alongside my ps4

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I just can't get excited for new FF games anymore, so no, I won't be getting it. I will admit it does look somewhat entertaining though.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jag85

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Jag85 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

lol JRPGs

ATB....LMAO

So, they implemented even crappier game mechanic? It's for handheld definitely can't have any better gameplay.

The combat system is a mix of hack & slash and third-person shooter, i.e. kind of like FFXV.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I have it pre-ordered on the basis that I want to support it getting a Western release. It also looks cool as hell.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#37 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Ill get it, but grudgingly ... really wanted this on vita... the bastards...uggh

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarkLink77

@Midnightshade29 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Ill get it, but grudgingly ... really wanted this on vita... the bastards...uggh

Maybe it'll support crossplay?

Better to have it than not. Also, I assume they wanted it to sell more than 5 copies, so a Vita release was out.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SolidTy

@DarkLink77 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Better to have it than not. Also, I assume they wanted it to sell more than 5 copies, so a Vita release was out.

You said "crossplay" and I got confused. There was cross-platform play games on PS3 (and you had to look for a compatibility list), but no cross play on PS4 to my understanding. Cross-Platform Play (sometimes referred to as Cross-Play or Cross Play) is a feature that lets PS Vita games interact with compatible PlayStation 3 games. It's older terminology and admittedly, there are a lot of nuanced features that people can get confused if they actively don't have newer machines or pay attention (which I don't blame them). However, this game is for PS4, not PS3. It's also not for Vita.

Do you mean Remote Play or Cross Buy (instead of crossplay)? Like a portmanteau of Cross Buy and Remote Play, Cross Play? Serious question. I think you meant Cross Buy, but I'm not certain.

Sony mandates Vita Remote Play for all PS4 games, so if you meant Remote Play, that's automatically going to be part of this product since it's a PS4 title.

However, if you meant "Cross Buy", well Cross Buy only works if this game was coming to Vita or PS3.

It's my understanding FF Type-0 HD isn't coming to PS3 or Vita. As I did say above and others know, it was a 2011 PSP Japanese game though, but Cross Buy doesn't work with PSP, it's a PS/PS3/Vita dealio...plus this Japanese older PSP game never released in the west.

I'm not trolling, but I was trying to figure out what you meant by cross 'play'. Because you said maybe FF Type would have "crossplay" support, but if you meant remote play, there is no maybe since remote play is mandated.

If you meant cross buy, it wouldn't make sense either since the title isn't coming to PS3 or Vita, and you mentioned the Vita specifically. At one time it was rumored for Vita though.

It doesn't make sense either way (remote play or cross buy), but I'm trying to figure out what you meant because you could have meant a third option, while unlikely, it's possible I did not consider.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkLink77

@SolidTy said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

You said "crossplay" and I got confused. There was cross play games on PS3 (and you had to look for a compatibility list), but no cross play on PS4 to my understanding.

Do you mean Remote Play or Cross Buy (instead of crossplay)? Serious question. I think you meant Cross Buy, but I'm not certain.

Sony mandates Vita Remote Play for all PS4 games, so if you meant Remote Play, that's automatically going to be part of this product since it's a PS4 title.

However, if you meant "Cross Buy", well Cross Buy only works if this game was coming to Vita or PS3.

It's my understanding FF Type-0 HD isn't coming to PS3 or Vita. As I did say above and other know, it was a 2011 PSP Japanese game though, but Cross Buy doesn't work with PSP, it's a PS/PS3/Vita dealio...plus this game never released in the west.

I'm not trolling, but I was trying to figure out what you meant by cross 'play'. Because you said maybe FF Type would have "crossplay" support, but if you meant remote play, there is no maybe since remote play is mandated.

If you meant cross buy, it wouldn't make sense either since the title isn't coming to PS3 or Vita.

It doesn't make sense either way, but I'm trying to figure out what you meant because you could have meant a third option that i have not considered.

I was thinking Remote Play. I'm honestly not up to date on what the Vita has doesn't have. Basically what I meant was, "Maybe you'll be able to play it on the Vita somehow."

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidTy
@DarkLink77 said:

@SolidTy said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

You said "crossplay" and I got confused. There was cross-platform play games on PS3 (and you had to look for a compatibility list), but no cross play on PS4 to my understanding. Cross-Platform Play (sometimes referred to as Cross-Play or Cross Play) is a feature that lets PS Vita games interact with compatible PlayStation 3 games. It's older terminology and admittedly, there are a lot of nuanced features that people can get confused if they actively don't have newer machines or pay attention (which I don't blame them). However, this game is for PS4, not PS3. It's also not for Vita.

Do you mean Remote Play or Cross Buy (instead of crossplay)? Like a portmanteau of Cross Buy and Remote Play, Cross Play? Serious question. I think you meant Cross Buy, but I'm not certain.

It's my understanding FF Type-0 HD isn't coming to PS3 or Vita. As I did say above and others know, it was a 2011 PSP Japanese game though, but Cross Buy doesn't work with PSP, it's a PS/PS3/Vita dealio...plus this Japanese older PSP game never released in the west.

If you meant cross buy, it wouldn't make sense either since the title isn't coming to PS3 or Vita, and you mentioned the Vita specifically. At one time it was rumored for Vita though.

It doesn't make sense either way (remote play or cross buy), but I'm trying to figure out what you meant because you could have meant a third option, while unlikely, it's possible I did not consider.

I was thinking Remote Play. I'm honestly not up to date on what the Vita has doesn't have. Basically what I meant was, "Maybe you'll be able to play it on the Vita somehow."

Okay. Thanks for not getting upset btw. People have itchy trigger fingers in SW lately and the slightest question sets them off. Its CRAY!!!

You are right, it will have Remote Play in that case, no maybe about it since all PS4 games work with Vita. Basically, people that buy this will be able to fire it up on their PS4, then turn on the vita and pretend it's a handheld game again, lol.

I might pick this up for $20 down the road. I'm not particularly excited, but I am curious to see what all the fuss is about.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DarkLink77

@SolidTy said:
@DarkLink77 said:

@SolidTy said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Okay. Thanks for not getting upset btw. People have itchy trigger fingers in SW lately and the slightest question sets them off. Its CRAY!!!

You are right, it will have Remote Play in that case, no maybe about it since all PS4 games work with Vita. Basically, people that buy this will be able to fire it up on their PS4, then turn on the vita and pretend it's a handheld game again, lol.

I might pick this up for $20 down the road. I'm not particularly excited, but I am curious to see what all the fuss is about.

Hey, if the veterans can't be civil, who can? :P

I'm excited, not gonna lie. With what I've seen of the game, and heard from people who have played the Japanese version, I expect good things. Frankly I'm just excited it's getting a Western release. I never thought we were gonna get it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

I just pre-ordered the Prima guide for the game (which will only get a single print-run) and I really want to pre-order the CE on the PS4.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidTy

@DarkLink77 said:

@SolidTy said:
@DarkLink77 said:

@SolidTy said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Hey, if the veterans can't be civil, who can? :P

I'm excited, not gonna lie. With what I've seen of the game, and heard from people who have played the Japanese version, I expect good things. Frankly I'm just excited it's getting a Western release. I never thought we were gonna get it.

Great attitude. :) +1

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No way am I getting it