Are you all aboard the Sony train?

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45098 Posts

With all the hype, sales, and now, games, are you finally on board the Sony train? Is PS4 a must buy this gen? Wii U currently won't have its flagship franchise out until next year. Xbox One is currently suffering a really bad game drought for at least the next 5 or 6 months. Meanwhile Bloodborne is tearing it up. Persona 5 is ours. Street Fighter V is ours. Ratchet and Clank is going to pwn (as always). Uncharted 4. Tearaway Unfolded. Guerilla Games' new IP. Everybody's Gone To Rapture. No Man's Sky. Until Dawn. I mean, there are tons of reasons to get a PS4. Are you all aboard the Sony train, SW?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

There is a grand total of one game I still want on PS4 this year.

That's one more than Xbox One and Wii U, though, so yes, I guess?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

No. Still way to expensive for me and I'm not interested in that many PS4 games right now.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

LOL Remasterstation 4

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

There is a grand total of one game I still want on PS4 this year.

That's one more than Xbox One and Wii U, though, so yes, I guess?

That's some pretty limiting high standards you got there bud.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Street Fighter V is ours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Solid getting drunk on a friday night

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I have a PS3, Vita, and 4, so kinda.

But more for clearing through backlogs, and I have more Wii U games to finish rn, along with my 3DS and DS

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#8 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'm on board with ALL THE HYPE TRAINS! CHOO CHOO!

Except PC. Ew.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@bobrossperm: My desire for games is broken down into two tiers- the 'oh neat, this looks cool, I'll get it if I have the system' tier. And the 'holy shit, this game will be one for the ages, I need it right now' tier. When I refer to being hyped for a game, or wanting a game, it's that second tier I refer to. Zelda falls in that tier. Bloodborne fell in that tier. Smash or Kart fall in that tier. Uncharted and God of War. Final Fantasy. Persona. All fall in that tier.

Guess how many of those are still coming out this year, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Nope not even close. I'm still satisfied with PC and Wii U, PS4 will eventually pick up in exclusives, but I don't see myself getting one for a while until maybe towards the end of the gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I find it funny, the premise for this thread is Zelda's delay, and he goes ahead and mentions Uncharted in the OP which also got a similar delay. Typical hypocrisy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Not in the slightest.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

im in in

ps4 is the home of the "core gamer" i think maybe like wiiU and 3ds in 2nd i think pc 3rd and xb1 4th

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#14  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

With all the hype, sales, and now, games, are you finally on board the Sony train? Is PS4 a must buy this gen? Wii U currently won't have its flagship franchise out until next year. Xbox One is currently suffering a really bad game drought for at least the next 5 or 6 months. Meanwhile Bloodborne is tearing it up. Persona 5 is ours. Street Fighter V is ours. Ratchet and Clank is going to pwn (as always). Uncharted 4. Tearaway Unfolded. Guerilla Games' new IP. Everybody's Gone To Rapture. No Man's Sky. Until Dawn. I mean, there are tons of reasons to get a PS4. Are you all aboard the Sony train, SW?

We know you have been for quite some time, LOL. I am thoroughly enjoying Bloodborne. X1 game drought? I can download a free extension to FH2 NOW. Ori just came out this month. Wake up. This place swears by exclusives, but the industry doesn't. Persona 5? Keep it. I have tried to like that melodramatic high school shit. Nope I graduated 25 years ago. SF5? I got suckered into the hype for SF4 and a few days later remembered...........I am not a huge fighting game fan. Keep it. R&C never been a huge fan. Uncharted 4 is delayed. Tearaway I'd rather play on Vita because well I need games to play on Vita. GG new IP? Really? We're hyped knowing nothing? Rapture looks interesting. No man's Sky does as well, but sharing games with PC is looked down upon, remember LOL? Are you on the payroll or something dude?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I find it funny, the premise for this thread is Zelda's delay, and he goes ahead and mentions Uncharted in the OP which also got a similar delay. Typical hypocrisy.

Not surprised. TC is a fakeboy.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DEadliNE-Zero0

Do you even own a ps4 TC?

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BobRossPerm
@charizard1605 said:

@bobrossperm: My desire for games is broken down into two tiers- the 'oh neat, this looks cool, I'll get it if I have the system' tier. And the 'holy shit, this game will be one for the ages, I need it right now' tier. When I refer to being hyped for a game, or wanting a game, it's that second tier I refer to. Zelda falls in that tier. Bloodborne fell in that tier. Smash or Kart fall in that tier. Uncharted and God of War. Final Fantasy. Persona. All fall in that tier.

Guess how many of those are still coming out this year, though.

So what is the one other game coming this year on PS4 that you wanted? As for me I can't miss Ratchet and Clank man. It's by far my most hyped Sony exclusive for 2015 along with Bloodyborne. I will get No Mans Sky and Persona 5 (depending on reviews), but overall I'm thinking Xbox One will be the system with the biggest heavy hitters this year. Halo may not be what it was, but it will sell more than any PS or WiiU exclusive this year that much is certain (assuming Gran Turismo 7 isn't unleashed upon the world this year).

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 remiks00

@deadline-zero0 said:

He will never prove that he owns any of the games he always praising. (Vita, PS4, etc)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45098 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The premise of this thread is Zelda's delay? ...

Anyway. It does matter for Wii U owners. The system does not have much support, only from Nintendo. Whereas PS4 owners still have a lot more to look forward to.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

You'd have a stronger point if you didn't list a bunch of multiplats in your OP as "ours". Other than that, sure.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

"With all the hype, sales, and now, games, are you finally on board the Sony train?"

maybe its just me,but it sounds like you're saying the PS4 wasn't worth buying at all until bloodborne.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

No. I dont buy on hype.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Sony train is no better than another train right now. I'll just play my insane backlog of DS games and FE:Awakening. I want a real reason to buy a PS4 and Wii U. ( Wii U is there but still don't have the funds for it atm)

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DEadliNE-Zero0

@remiks00 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

He will never prove that he owns any of the games he always praising. (Vita, PS4, etc)

I'm just messing after his post on my Zelda delay thread

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BobRossPerm

Of course. Because Ratchet and Clank and Bloodborne alone are enough reasons.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DEadliNE-Zero0

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

The premise of this thread is Zelda's delay? ...

Anyway. It does matter for Wii U owners. The system does not have much support, only from Nintendo. Whereas PS4 owners still have a lot more to look forward to.

PS3 games, inferior multiplats and flops? Can't wait. Get on dat train

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

There is still no reason to own a PS4 in my eyes.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 remiks00

@SolidGame_basic How many Alt accounts do you have?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

No

Edit: Also fail at starting off the post with Hype and Sales like they are even a factor in the purchase,you actually bloody mentioned the fucking games as the last point,pretty pathetic you didn't start with games and gameplay.......gotta have other people and sales figures telling you what to like what to buy and what to enjoy right ? .......... :-/

Hey just found out Biebers new album sold millions must be the best album ever, defo gotta pick that shiz up!...HYPE!!

Sad.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

When it comes to games I don't think you should limit yourself to one form of transport. Consequently, I can catch all trains now (PC, PS4, X1, PS3, 360) as I like to be in a position to arrive at all gaming destinations.

Note that I currently can't get off at any significant Nintendo destinations but that will probably change when they release the new Xenoblade game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@bobrossperm: Persona 5

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cainetao11

@bobrossperm said:

Much respect for this. We all have our own, completely subjective reasons to own a console.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By naz99

@blueinheaven said:

When it comes to games I don't think you should limit yourself to one form of transport. Consequently, I can catch all trains now (PC, PS4, X1, PS3, 360) as I like to be in a position to arrive at all gaming destinations.

Note that I currently can't get off at any significant Nintendo destinations but that will probably change when they release the new Xenoblade game.

And a large reason why many of us don't own them all is cost and time,it's nice for you that you can afford and have the time to play on all of them but why assume it should be the done thing?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I don't look at it like that.

I like Sony exclusvies...I've enjoyed the games so far....I think the PS4 is a great system.

So, yes, I guess?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@remiks00: careful or TC will have you modded

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Yeah have fun on the train. I will be playing Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fable Legends, Battletoads, and maybe QB.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

With all the hype, sales, and now, games, are you finally on board the Sony train?

...it got one game

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BobRossPerm
@cainetao11 said:

@bobrossperm said:

Much respect for this. We all have our own, completely subjective reasons to own a console.

Right you are, brother. Metacritic beasts aren't the only reason to own consoles in my opinion. Though I'm sure R&C won't be too shabby in that regard either.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BobRossPerm
@xhawk27 said:

Yeah have fun on the train. I will be playing Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fable Legends, Battletoads, and maybe QB.

Oh man show me dat footage of Battletoads for the bone right now! I wanna see this shit in action!

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blueinheaven

@naz99 said:

@blueinheaven said:

And a large reason why many of us don't own them all is cost and time,it's nice for you that you can afford and have the time to play on all of them but why assume it should be the done thing?

Well the PS3 and 360 have both been around for about ten years and cost very little to buy now, specially used. I have a PC as I have always had one. I am assuming most people have one maybe even a laptop as they are on the internet and current gen systems it's not unreasonable to assume people will have either an X1 or a PS4 they really aren't that expensive in the great scheme of things.

To properly answer your question I am 'assuming' people can have these things if they want them because they are relatively cheap but it seems some people won't have more than one because they have some kind of pathetic 'loyalty' to a brand name that doesn't give a flying **** about them so they are in fact incredibly stupid but that will never stop me trying to convince them they are doing themselves out of some incredible games because let's face it we are all gamers that's why we're here talking about games in a games forum.

I am done with stating the obvious for now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cainetao11

@bobrossperm said:
@cainetao11 said:

@bobrossperm said:

Right you are, brother. Metacritic beasts aren't the only reason to own consoles in my opinion. Though I'm sure R&C won't be too shabby in that regard either.

I think you are right. Funny how we are, huh? I just never got into R&C. But I can see the quality and hope you enjoy it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cainetao11

@xhawk27 said:

I will also. But I will enjoy The Witcher 3, and Arkham before that bro. Oh wait..............those are multiplats so they don't count.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By naz99

@blueinheaven said:

@naz99 said:

@blueinheaven said:

Well the PS3 and 360 have both been around for about ten years and cost very little to buy now, specially used. I have a PC as I have always had one. I am assuming most people have one maybe even a laptop as they are on the internet and current gen systems it's not unreasonable to assume people will have either an X1 or a PS4 they really aren't that expensive in the great scheme of things.

To properly answer your question I am 'assuming' people can have these things if they want them because they are relatively cheap but it seems some people won't have more than one because they have some kind of pathetic 'loyalty' to a brand name that doesn't give a flying **** about them so they are in fact incredibly stupid but that will never stop me trying to convince them they are doing themselves out of some incredible games because let's face it we are all gamers that's why we're here talking about games in a games forum.

What's with that last comment??, climb down from that high horse, no need to be a dick about it...your opinion on something is not stating the obvious ,especially when i and others have differing opinions.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

PS4 doesn't really interest me at this stage... I'm definitely happier owning an Xbone (especially this year).

I might get one later this year, but I'll wait till at least after E3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Lol yeah getting the ps4 next month.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BobRossPerm
@cainetao11 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@cainetao11 said:

@bobrossperm said:

I think you are right. Funny how we are, huh? I just never got into R&C. But I can see the quality and hope you enjoy it.

Oh I will. It's one of my 2015 most anticipated in fact. I just think it's a shame that some of the recent titles on PS3 seemed rushed and uninspired. Kind of killed a lot of peoples faith ya know? It's good they are rebooting it and starting fresh though.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blueinheaven

@naz99 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@naz99 said:

@blueinheaven said:

What's with that last comment??, climb down from that high horse, no need to be a dick about it...your opinion on something is not stating the obvious ,especially when i and others have differing opinions.

You are not offering a differing opinion you are saying oh these things cost so much. If you have been a gamer over the years you afford yourself the luxury of buying the things you really enjoy. They are not expensive compared to how much money people spend on other things and they become much cheaper over time anyway.

I don't know what your problem is. I am not on a high horse I am saying that gaming as a hobby is not expensive compared to many other hobbies and people who stick to just one 'brand' of gaming system out of loyalty are spectacularly stupid.

You probably have the entire System Wars community on your side here as they devote their whole life to arguing that their one preferred gaming system is much better than the others but I sadly have not had a lobotomy yet so I can't join in.

I don't know what to suggest re: your 'can't afford any gaming system' problem other than get a fucking job.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

There are only 2 interesting looking PS4 games this year and I can get both on PC. No thanks.