Are you a member of the "master race"? Do you want to be?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Heil68 said:

@Videodogg said:

I have three very nice gaming PC's, but i dont consider myself part of the master race. Yeah i enjoy very nice graphics and all the technical bells and whistles, but i also very much enjoy console gaming EQUALLY. Stop this master race bullshit.

I have only one gaming PC, but that's how I think too.

Peasants gonna peasant.

I have a gaming PC though, so I'm an authority on the issue. ;]

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#252 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@Vatusus said:

@mikhail said:

@Vatusus said:

answering your question... no. I dont want to be a part of some idiotic group that thinks its above others because they run a game with a higher resolution. I'll keep using my PC for the couple of indies I cant play on consoles

This right here tells me you don't play many games on PC, or perhaps you don't have a PC capable of playing games.

The difference between consoles and PC just isn't the resolution. PC games are capable of far higher resolutions, that is true, but PC versions also look better due to more advanced lighting, AA, and AF. Not to mention higher frame rates which is extremely important to many people. PC online gaming isn't locked behind a paywall like on consoles. PC games have free community mod support. PC gamers can use any number or combination of input devices they wish, too - they aren't limited to whichever proprietary controllers the platform holder designed. PC games are typically less expensive and go on sale faster, more often, and for deeper discount than console games.

The list goes on and on. PC is just better.

ugh, I dont play many games on PC? check my steam ID: Vatusus. I said in my post my laptop has a GT 840M wich is enough to play most games at medium settings at stable framerate. What? you're now gonna tell me you're only a PC gamer if you play on the highest GPU card on the market? Is that what you're gonna tell me? Visuals aside there is nothing on PC gaming I find better than playing on consoles. The experience is more or less the same. I only care about 60 fps on a very strict number of genres but usually those genres are already 60fps on consoles (most hack'n'slash, for ex). You can bank the hermit brain dead mentality all you want but I already experienced PC gaming well enough to now all the advantages you gloat about are irrelevant to me, mods included.

840M ... cute.... no wonder you stick to a few indie games. oh sure, you are a PC Gamer all the same.. but you are hardly getting the experience... and making excuses to dismiss anything else....

In what reality would you automatically dismiss mods? free DLC that is often far better than what real DLC will ever offer.... you've got to be some kind of special not to at least be interested.... I call foul... your full of S*it.

few indie games? lol. I can play The Witcher 2 on high settings, slightly above 30fps. Isnt that enough to experience the same damn game? Hardly the experience? gtfo. Its the same damn gameplay, controller or keyboard/mouse. You're just looking at prettier stuff. And way to dismiss indies when lately you pc hermits have been gloating about'em all the same... hypocrite much? I dismiss mods cause they're often broken, glitchy and add nothing to the game other then "look how silly this looks" ah ah. Funny for the first couple of seconds and when the novelty is gone I go back to the main game. I've been seeing skyrim mods for a while. they add NOTHING to the gameplay other than a couple of a few skins and dragon riding... whoopidy doo... better than real DLC? oh, please... in what world? I believe there are a couple of good mods but scrolling through a bunch of shitty one to find a few good ones is not worth the hassle.

All in all your kind of mentality is what makes me despise "da master race". The mentality that believes that if you dont care about the advantages PC offers then its because "you havent tried them" or the type of mentality that even exclude those who havent the most powerfull of PCs cause "if your PC doenst run Crysis 3 on ultra settings, 120fps, 4k then your not a pc gamer"...

you hermits are a pathetic bunch

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Vatusus: The only people who say frame rate and resolution don't matter are console gamers or those with gaming laptops.

840m...lmfao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@mikhail said:

@Vatusus: The only people who say frame rate and resolution don't matter are console gamers or those with gaming laptops.

840m...lmfao

lol its not a "gaming" laptop. Its a work laptop wich ocasionally is used to play games. The only good thing PC has over consoles imo.

And double lol if you think making fun of my GPU offends me :'D. Its not a state of the art graphics card that much I know, but its more than enough to play the same things you play with less graphics. But go ahead and keep your brain dead mentality filthy hermit

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By mikhail

@Vatusus said:

The only good thing PC has over consoles imo.

You mean besides higher resolutions, better frame rates, higher quality textures, shadows, AA, AF, (ok, higher quality everything), free online play, being able to use any controller, joystick, or wheel ever or mouse and keyboard, developer built-in community mod support, cheaper games, a healthy competitive scene, Steam in-home streaming, Familiy Sharing, actual FREE games you don't have to subscribe for...guess you forgot all of that.

I know you said "in my opinion", but that's like saying "In my opinion, two times two is ten." You're just wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Vatusus said:

@mikhail said:

@Vatusus said:

answering your question... no. I dont want to be a part of some idiotic group that thinks its above others because they run a game with a higher resolution. I'll keep using my PC for the couple of indies I cant play on consoles

This right here tells me you don't play many games on PC, or perhaps you don't have a PC capable of playing games.

The difference between consoles and PC just isn't the resolution. PC games are capable of far higher resolutions, that is true, but PC versions also look better due to more advanced lighting, AA, and AF. Not to mention higher frame rates which is extremely important to many people. PC online gaming isn't locked behind a paywall like on consoles. PC games have free community mod support. PC gamers can use any number or combination of input devices they wish, too - they aren't limited to whichever proprietary controllers the platform holder designed. PC games are typically less expensive and go on sale faster, more often, and for deeper discount than console games.

The list goes on and on. PC is just better.

ugh, I dont play many games on PC? check my steam ID: Vatusus. I said in my post my laptop has a GT 840M wich is enough to play most games at medium settings at stable framerate. What? you're now gonna tell me you're only a PC gamer if you play on the highest GPU card on the market? Is that what you're gonna tell me? Visuals aside there is nothing on PC gaming I find better than playing on consoles. The experience is more or less the same. I only care about 60 fps on a very strict number of genres but usually those genres are already 60fps on consoles (most hack'n'slash, for ex). You can bank the hermit brain dead mentality all you want but I already experienced PC gaming well enough to now all the advantages you gloat about are irrelevant to me, mods included.

840M ... cute.... no wonder you stick to a few indie games. oh sure, you are a PC Gamer all the same.. but you are hardly getting the experience... and making excuses to dismiss anything else....

In what reality would you automatically dismiss mods? free DLC that is often far better than what real DLC will ever offer.... you've got to be some kind of special not to at least be interested.... I call foul... your full of S*it.

few indie games? lol. I can play The Witcher 2 on high settings, slightly above 30fps. Isnt that enough to experience the same damn game? Hardly the experience? gtfo. Its the same damn gameplay, controller or keyboard/mouse. You're just looking at prettier stuff. And way to dismiss indies when lately you pc hermits have been gloating about'em all the same... hypocrite much? I dismiss mods cause they're often broken, glitchy and add nothing to the game other then "look how silly this looks" ah ah. Funny for the first couple of seconds and when the novelty is gone I go back to the main game. I've been seeing skyrim mods for a while. they add NOTHING to the gameplay other than a couple of a few skins and dragon riding... whoopidy doo... better than real DLC? oh, please... in what world? I believe there are a couple of good mods but scrolling through a bunch of shitty one to find a few good ones is not worth the hassle.

All in all your kind of mentality is what makes me despise "da master race". The mentality that believes that if you dont care about the advantages PC offers then its because "you havent tried them" or the type of mentality that even exclude those who havent the most powerfull of PCs cause "if your PC doenst run Crysis 3 on ultra settings, 120fps, 4k then your not a pc gamer"...

you hermits are a pathetic bunch

Witcher on high.... oh amazing... truly.. "high". and now graphics don't matter again when it suits you.... because you can't have it any better... typical console peasant perception/excuses.

I never dissed indie games.... you said you only play indie games on it, not me. trying to put words in my mouth to make yourself feel better? again.... typical console "we are victim" excuses.

to say skyrim mods add nothing to the game is absurdly ignorant and clear evidence enough for me that you have no clue what you are talking about.... you've bought a half assed media laptop that happens to have a GPU in it and think you've seen it all.

the only pathetic thing here is your sad attempt at pretending you have experience anything other than a console-setting laptop and no bothered to research into mods.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@mikhail said:

@Vatusus said:

The only good thing PC has over consoles imo.

You mean besides higher resolutions, better frame rates, higher quality textures, shadows, AA, AF, (ok, higher quality everything), free online play, being able to use any controller, joystick, or wheel ever or mouse and keyboard, developer built-in community mod support, cheaper games, a healthy competitive scene, Steam in-home streaming, Familiy Sharing, actual FREE games you don't have to subscribe for...guess you forgot all of that.

I know you said "in my opinion", but that's like saying "In my opinion, two times two is ten." You're just wrong.

Why should I care about those when it makes the experience no better for me? Free online play is a good thing, sure, for those who play MP, wich I aint part of.

I have the same gaming experience on PC as I have on consoles. Its my opinion, I'm not wrong. Deal with it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@MBirdy88:

And there you have it folks. The typical whining PC fanboy who cant deal with the perception that someone doesnt see PC gaming as the holy grail of gaming.

1st. You were the one who said I only played indies because my pc was weak and I responded to you, that I could actually play demanding games properly enough. Never said I cared about it. learn2read

2nd. Again, the typical PC fanboy escape goat: "whaa whaa you say that because you havent tried it whaa whaa". I already told you I tried plenty of mods, even for old games but you just chose not to listen.

grow up and learn to accept others may actually prefer what consoles offer. Your "they just havent tried PC gaming so they dont know any better" excuse is getting old now :|

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#259  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

While I've been playing PC games since the 90s and home computer games since the late 80s, as long as I can remember, I've always considered myself primarily a console gamer up until the PS2 era.

But last gen, consoles started feeling more and more like a poor man's PC, rather than being unique and doing their own thing, with their own exclusives. The only exception to this general trend seems to be Nintendo.

Since last gen, I've been primarily a PC gamer. The consoles just don't seem to interest me much anymore. The only current-gen console I might consider getting is the Wii U, the only one that doesn't feel like a PC clone.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By mikhail

@Vatusus: By the looks of your Steam profile, you're about as much of a "PC Gamer" as my girlfriend who is addicted to Farmville and barely touches anything else. Besides Candy Crush, that is.

Give me a break, you're a console apologist masquerading as a manticore. In fact, it looks like many of your games were picked up during the current sale and you haven't even played them. Where did all this experience that you claim to have actually come from since you have such an allegedly informed opinion about the differences between PC and console?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Vatusus said:

@MBirdy88:

And there you have it folks. The typical whining PC fanboy who cant deal with the perception that someone doesnt see PC gaming as the holy grail of gaming.

1st. You were the one who said I only played indies because my pc was weak and I responded to you, that I could actually play demanding games properly enough. Never said I cared about it. learn2read

2nd. Again, the typical PC fanboy escape goat: "whaa whaa you say that because you havent tried it whaa whaa". I already told you I tried plenty of mods, even for old games but you just chose not to listen.

grow up and learn to accept others may actually prefer what consoles offer. Your "they just havent tried PC gaming so they dont know any better" excuse is getting old now :|

Can't form a consistent argument can you?

1st - DIRECT QUOTE: "I'll keep using my PC for the couple of indies I cant play on consoles" then "Plays most games on Medium" then "Players Witcher 2 on high" .... so what is it exactly?

The fact remains : You clearly haven't experience PC Gaming with the bells and whistles and dismiss them without the actual experience, leaving you with little credibility.

2nd - No. you said DIRECTION QUOTE: "I dismiss mods cause they're often broken, glitchy and add nothing to the game other then "look how silly this looks" ah ah. Funny for the first couple of seconds and when the novelty is gone I go back to the main game. I've been seeing skyrim mods for a while. they add NOTHING to the gameplay other than a couple of a few skins and dragon riding... whoopidy doo"

You honestly have to be blind or unable to use basic website/workshop features not to be able to find huge game changing compilations or even individual gameplay mods that even restructure the base game-play rules in many different, yet balanced/difficulty/realistic ways pending on preference... but ofcourse, because you are a complete liar you don't know of their existance ... or dismiss them from something like "lack of effort" along those lines....

Don't kid yourself. the list of exclusive games and features is diminishing on consoles every year.... that and the constant disappointments there is a reason the "Master Race" joke is hitting so close to home for many of you clowns that cry about "Elitism" (In System Wars FFS ... you hypocritical tool.) ... you've even stated earlier in this thread "That's SW" ... yes .... superiority is a part of SW ....

and then you tell me to "Grow up" hahaha..... you don't need to lie to me, I don't buy it... you've got a bloody media centre laptop and barely any enthusiast PC gaming experience for whatever reason... that ain't the point, if you want lowest common plug n play DLC then fine that isn't the issue.

The issue is your bulls*it about being a "fair judge" because "I've experience PC gaming and I'm not impressed" ... with a friggin media laptop. "Dragons and novelities" oh congrats you skimmed a mod list or saw it on the gamespot homepage... fantastic research there chump.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#262 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Are we making fun of people's graphics cards now? Wow.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#263 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58926 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

As opposed to mocking people for mocking graphics cards.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

As opposed to mocking people for mocking graphics cards.

I mean I would never game high-end on a gaming laptop because it's a fire hazard, but come on.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Apparently so. I just decided to check in on this thread and it appears that's what it has come to. Just as an observation for everybody, I took the following screenshots of Far Cry 4 on low, medium, and ultra settings. While you can definitely tell the difference between the three settings, playing at lower settings (the console versions) is not going to detract from the experience. Once the game is in motion and you're actually playing the game rather than looking at the graphics it really doesn't matter. I got the game on PC because I have a PC capable of running it better than a console can. But who care if a console player isn't playing it on PC? That's their decision and the difference isn't as night and day as people make it out to be. We've reached a point in gaming technology where pretty much every game looks amazing, so everybody calm down.

Low

Medium

Ultra

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 mikhail

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Apparently so. I just decided to check in on this thread and it appears that's what it has come to. Just as an observation for everybody, I took the following screenshots of Far Cry 4 on low, medium, and ultra settings. While you can definitely tell the difference between the three settings, playing at lower settings (the console versions) is not going to detract from the experience. Once the game is in motion and you're actually playing the game rather than looking at the graphics it really doesn't matter.

You do understand that everything you just said is entirely subjective, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@mikhail said:

@Vatusus: By the looks of your Steam profile, you're about as much of a "PC Gamer" as my girlfriend who is addicted to Farmville and barely touches anything else. Besides Candy Crush, that is.

Give me a break, you're a console apologist masquerading as a manticore. In fact, it looks like many of your games were picked up during the current sale and you haven't even played them. Where did all this experience that you claim to have actually come from since you have such an allegedly informed opinion about the differences between PC and console?

LOL you're honestly comparing the likes of DMC3, MP3, Hotline Miami, Half Life 2, etc to Farmville? And where are my other games? I have more than 40 steam games atm and you only show a couple ones... great. Oh and btw, I have more hours put into physical games cause I still buy'em. steam isnt all there has to be. I also have an origin account btw.

C'mon, you're now just desperately grasping at straws, dont be that pathetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@MBirdy88 said:

Can't form a consistent argument can you?

1st - DIRECT QUOTE: "I'll keep using my PC for the couple of indies I cant play on consoles" then "Plays most games on Medium" then "Players Witcher 2 on high" .... so what is it exactly?

Again, you're just reading what you want to read. Notice the part where I say MOST. I can opt to play many games on high with stable framerate but usually I choose medium settings to run it better. Performance > graphics. And yes, I mostly play indies on PC but that doesnt mean I dont play other demanding games on it.

The fact remains : You clearly haven't experience PC Gaming with the bells and whistles and dismiss them without the actual experience, leaving you with little credibility.

Keep saying that but you're wrong. Better graphics does not change the experience whatsoever. I can still use mods, play the same games as you, having the same freedom as you on your PC. Just at worse graphics. I can still play PS3 games and have the same fun with them as I have with the same PS4 version. Graphics do not change ONE BIT the experience. But go ahead hermit, keep that same excuse if it makes you feel better about yourself.

2nd - No. you said DIRECTION QUOTE: "I dismiss mods cause they're often broken, glitchy and add nothing to the game other then "look how silly this looks" ah ah. Funny for the first couple of seconds and when the novelty is gone I go back to the main game. I've been seeing skyrim mods for a while. they add NOTHING to the gameplay other than a couple of a few skins and dragon riding... whoopidy doo"

You honestly have to be blind or unable to use basic website/workshop features not to be able to find huge game changing compilations or even individual gameplay mods that even restructure the base game-play rules in many different, yet balanced/difficulty/realistic ways pending on preference... but ofcourse, because you are a complete liar you don't know of their existance ... or dismiss them from something like "lack of effort" along those lines....

Again, you keep reading what suits you best. Typical fanboy behavior. I already told you I tried plenty of mods. My last one was the matrix mod for Max Payne. My closest friend said to me it was cool so I tried it out. When the novelty was gone I went to the original game. You keep saying I'm lying, I'll keep tell you I tried plenty of mods and had bad to average experiences with them. Again, go ahead and make deaf hears. Believe what you want.

Don't kid yourself. the list of exclusive games and features is diminishing on consoles every year.... that and the constant disappointments there is a reason the "Master Race" joke is hitting so close to home for many of you clowns that cry about "Elitism" (In System Wars FFS ... you hypocritical tool.) ... you've even stated earlier in this thread "That's SW" ... yes .... superiority is a part of SW ....

and then you tell me to "Grow up" hahaha..... you don't need to lie to me, I don't buy it... you've got a bloody media centre laptop and barely any enthusiast PC gaming experience for whatever reason... that ain't the point, if you want lowest common plug n play DLC then fine that isn't the issue.

The issue is your bulls*it about being a "fair judge" because "I've experience PC gaming and I'm not impressed" ... with a friggin media laptop. "Dragons and novelities" oh congrats you skimmed a mod list or saw it on the gamespot homepage... fantastic research there chump.

These three last paragraphs makes you sound butthurt about my opinion on the matter. You keep saying I've no experience with PC gaming but tell me... What experience do you have with consoles? If not having the best graphics card or trying 1000 mods isnt enough for me to have experience with PC then surely as hell owning a console and playing a couple of console exclusives a decade ago isnt enough for you to claim you have plenty of experience with consoles.

Answers in bold

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

The term "master race", along with the attitude going along with it, is a disgrace to pc gaming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Heirren said:

The term "master race", along with the attitude going along with it, is a disgrace to pc gaming.

This I agree with. I have nothing against PC gaming, in fact I had very good experiences with it. But its just another form of gaming nothing more. PC fanboys though... if someone doesnt care about PC advantages they'll go always for the same damn excuse "you just havent tried it" like you had to be insane to not favour PC over consoles... this behavior ruins the image of PC gaming

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#271  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Vatusus: @Heirren: While the attitude of superiority has becom annoying, specially since pc has come a long way in the last 3 years, it's really no different than playstation and xbox owners ripping each other a new one.

Did you guys really just miss the insane about of gloating and trash talking from ps owners against both pc and xbox owners since the launche of next gen consoles? It's toned down lately, thankfully.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

of course i am

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

How good does my PC have to be to join the Master race

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Vatusus: @Heirren: While the attitude of superiority has becom annoying, specially since pc has come a long way in the last 3 years, it's really no different than playstation and xbox owners ripping each other a new one.

Did you guys really just miss the insane about of gloating and trash talking from ps owners against both pc and xbox owners since the launche of next gen consoles? It's toned down lately, thankfully.

The pc to console bickering is in a different vein. Just about all of the bickering is mindless, but there is an aspect of the "master race" to "peasant" speak which comes across as downright hostile.

I grew up a console gamer. My first computer was a Pentium 133mhz. I played Warcraft 2 and some of the classics. Warcraft was the big one though, I'd say. Anyways, it caused my genre interest to really expand. Tomb Raider came along and the graphics boom really started. Had a relative that started really getting into the building process. Then through his help I followed. But it wasn't about the tech--the sharper displays were a draw of course--however, it was the unique games and experiences that the platform offered. I simply don't understand how the "master race" community has a hard time grasping how people might like consoles.

As of now Wiiu is the weakest link hardware wise but has bar none the best "new" games available. Always been about the games for me, yet as I've recently hooked up some older consoles I want a good display and may have been fortunate to get ahold of a Sony bvm crt.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Heirren said:

The pc to console bickering is in a different vein. Just about all of the bickering is mindless, but there is an aspect of the "master race" to "peasant" speak which comes across as downright hostile.

No it isn't. It's the same. The "master race/peasant" stuff is no different than the "xbone" stuff ps4 owners created. And yeah, i know pc and wii u owners joined in on that one, but you get the point.

You can't speak of hostility and ignore the massive amount of shit ps4 owners gave xb1 owners during the first year. Like i said, it's toned down abit.

I grew up a console gamer. My first computer was a Pentium 133mhz. I played Warcraft 2 and some of the classics. Warcraft was the big one though, I'd say. Anyways, it caused my genre interest to really expand. Tomb Raider came along and the graphics boom really started. Had a relative that started really getting into the building process. Then through his help I followed. But it wasn't about the tech--the sharper displays were a draw of course--however, it was the unique games and experiences that the platform offered.

Same thing with pc. People play on platform x, being it pc, playstation, xbox, wii, etc, because they enjoy it. And speaking of graphics, there's been ay for obssession over it from console gamers due to MS and Sony wanting pretty looking exclusives liek Ryse, Killzone and TO1886. We're all graphics whore when we get our pretty exclusives.

I simply don't understand how the "master race" community has a hard time grasping how people might like consoles.

You mean fanboys? Again, pc gamers don't have issue with those who like consoles. You could say the same about how ps4 owners "don't get" why some just prefer to game on their xb1.

Elitist exist in all groups. It's what fanboys, and system, wars are about. What i'm telling you is the accusations i see about pc gamers being elitist jerks is no different than what ps4 gamers are doing to xb1 gamers this gen, and vice versa last gen.

For example, look at Digital Foundry article. Almost every single time, the pc version gets the nod has the best one to get. Not every has a pc, obviously, but not everyone has both consoles either. it's just a tech article after all.

Yet, i've seen mostly ps4 fanboys rush to gloat about having "the best version" and trash the xbox, all over forums and comment section, being it eurogamer, sw, neogaf, etc. But if pc fanboys even so such has try to brag about, they get called elitists and stuff like "why can't pc gamers get this is between consoles" or "sure, if you pay 1000 dollars" or whatever other nonsense.

Get the point? It's fanboys wars, and hypocritical shit all around. Nothing new.

As of now Wiiu is the weakest link hardware wise but has bar none the best "new" games available. Always been about the games for me, yet as I've recently hooked up some older consoles I want a good display and may have been fortunate to get ahold of a Sony bvm crt.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Heirren said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

I grew up a console gamer. My first computer was a Pentium 133mhz. I played Warcraft 2 and some of the classics. Warcraft was the big one though, I'd say. Anyways, it caused my genre interest to really expand. Tomb Raider came along and the graphics boom really started. Had a relative that started really getting into the building process. Then through his help I followed. But it wasn't about the tech--the sharper displays were a draw of course--however, it was the unique games and experiences that the platform offered. I simply don't understand how the "master race" community has a hard time grasping how people might like consoles.

Well said. I read posts in SW and see PC gamers ignoring the gaming aspect and bragging about tech. In the end it's the games that matter. Graphics are an upgrade over last gen on consoles and look good. It comes down to what preference one has. I built a gaming PC and I play on it....but my heart belongs to consoles....I just prefer them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Vatusus said:

@Vatusus

"Again, you're just reading what you want to read. Notice the part where I say MOST. I can opt to play many games on high with stable framerate but usually I choose medium settings to run it better. Performance > graphics. And yes, I mostly play indies on PC but that doesnt mean I dont play other demanding games on it."

NOT THE POINT - You still don't have a system that plays them better than your PS4 .... and you use it as an indy machine as a result (mostly) ... FACT IS YOU DONT HAVE THE CHOICE... like most consolites that make these crappy arguments to begin with. So you are BIASED by your limited hardware choice, not experience with both fairly.

Keep saying that but you're wrong. Better graphics does not change the experience whatsoever. I can still use mods, play the same games as you, having the same freedom as you on your PC. Just at worse graphics. I can still play PS3 games and have the same fun with them as I have with the same PS4 version. Graphics do not change ONE BIT the experience. But go ahead hermit, keep that same excuse if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Graphics don't effect experience? frame rates don't? clarity doesn't? stop lying to yourself.... lots of mods/conversions also require a better specced machine (Skyrim/ GTA are obvious examples) and many games depend on graphics for immersion, realism or flat out aethetic joy.... so again, stop talking crap... playing games on low/medium is not as enjoyable on the eyes (you know, an important part of life) in comparison.

Again, you keep reading what suits you best. Typical fanboy behavior. I already told you I tried plenty of mods. My last one was the matrix mod for Max Payne. My closest friend said to me it was cool so I tried it out. When the novelty was gone I went to the original game. You keep saying I'm lying, I'll keep tell you I tried plenty of mods and had bad to average experiences with them. Again, go ahead and make deaf hears. Believe what you want.

NOT THE POINT - You said "They don not alter the GAMEPLAY AT ALL" which is a flat out lie.... you keep picking childish "oh look matrix, dragon flying and silly change" mods as if they are the only ones out there... again, stop talking s*it.... either say what you mean first time or stop dancing around your own statements.

These three last paragraphs makes you sound butthurt about my opinion on the matter. You keep saying I've no experience with PC gaming but tell me... What experience do you have with consoles? If not having the best graphics card or trying 1000 mods isnt enough for me to have experience with PC then surely as hell owning a console and playing a couple of console exclusives a decade ago isnt enough for you to claim you have plenty of experience with consoles.

read below.

Answers in bold

I read what I want? more like you type what you want then retract it with some round-about response. worse than a friggin politician.

A quick look at your post history displays which camp you are in. you are no different to me or anyone else on this forum. Hell Ironically defending The Order time and time again when its yet another big sony game that is ironically ALL ABOUT THE GRAPHICS.

What experience do I have with consoles? I guess my PS4 and Wii U (the earlier collects dust... because ironically the machine cares more about graphics than gameplay) don't exist then.... see unlike you I can back my preference and opinion (in regards to system wars) up with actually experience on both ends of the spectrum.

and I will say it again, anyone crying about "Elitism" in System Wars is full of s*it....

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Within the first...like....6 posts...someone had simply stated that they tried PC gaming and still liked console gaming more.

Then a PC gamer had to question the integrity/intelligence of the person.

So...thats just one example of why I don't like being part of the "master race". I have a PC...game on it some....but they are more of a "childish congregation" than a "master race".

On the flip side of this, "Cows" have been hyping resolution and frame rate advantages over the "Lems" on this board. The second a PC gamer mentions their advantages over both, "Cows" bring up price and the silly living room argument. "Cows" are infamous for moving the goal posts in order to win in System Wars. How else to you explain them making fun of one faction because they have superior frame rates, resolution and effects, then damage controlling having inferior frame rates, resolution and effects against another.

If graphics, resolution and frame rate matter to "Cows" as much as it seems, they are gaming on the wrong platform.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@MBirdy88 said:

@Vatusus said:

@Vatusus

"Again, you're just reading what you want to read. Notice the part where I say MOST. I can opt to play many games on high with stable framerate but usually I choose medium settings to run it better. Performance > graphics. And yes, I mostly play indies on PC but that doesnt mean I dont play other demanding games on it."

NOT THE POINT - You still don't have a system that plays them better than your PS4 .... and you use it as an indy machine as a result (mostly) ... FACT IS YOU DONT HAVE THE CHOICE... like most consolites that make these crappy arguments to begin with. So you are BIASED by your limited hardware choice, not experience with both fairly.

Graphics don't effect experience? frame rates don't? clarity doesn't? stop lying to yourself.... lots of mods/conversions also require a better specced machine (Skyrim/ GTA are obvious examples) and many games depend on graphics for immersion, realism or flat out aethetic joy.... so again, stop talking crap... playing games on low/medium is not as enjoyable on the eyes (you know, an important part of life) in comparison.

NOT THE POINT - You said "They don not alter the GAMEPLAY AT ALL" which is a flat out lie.... you keep picking childish "oh look matrix, dragon flying and silly change" mods as if they are the only ones out there... again, stop talking s*it.... either say what you mean first time or stop dancing around your own statements.

read below.

Answers in bold

I read what I want? more like you type what you want then retract it with some round-about response. worse than a friggin politician.

A quick look at your post history displays which camp you are in. you are no different to me or anyone else on this forum. Hell Ironically defending The Order time and time again when its yet another big sony game that is ironically ALL ABOUT THE GRAPHICS.

What experience do I have with consoles? I guess my PS4 and Wii U (the earlier collects dust... because ironically the machine cares more about graphics than gameplay) don't exist then.... see unlike you I can back my preference and opinion (in regards to system wars) up with actually experience on both ends of the spectrum.

and I will say it again, anyone crying about "Elitism" in System Wars is full of s*it....

I have a preference for Playstation yes. Never hide it. If you really went through my posting history about the order you would know that what I mostly praise about it its the ARTSTYLE/AMBIENCE, not the graphics. Sure they are pretty but just as Bloodborne what sold me the game was the gothic victorian london setting. Again, dont come with bullsh!t that conveys your argument.

Oh, so the fact you have two consoles makes you have experience with consoles but the fact I have a good enough PC to play doesnt make me have PC gaming experience? there you have it. Your logic just failed to you

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Within the first...like....6 posts...someone had simply stated that they tried PC gaming and still liked console gaming more.

Then a PC gamer had to question the integrity/intelligence of the person.

So...thats just one example of why I don't like being part of the "master race". I have a PC...game on it some....but they are more of a "childish congregation" than a "master race".

On the flip side of this, "Cows" have been hyping resolution and frame rate advantages over the "Lems" on this board. The second a PC gamer mentions their advantages over both, "Cows" bring up price and the silly living room argument. "Cows" are infamous for moving the goal posts in order to win in System Wars. How else to you explain them making fun of one faction because they have superior frame rates, resolution and effects, then damage controlling having inferior frame rates, resolution and effects against another.

If graphics, resolution and frame rate matter to "Cows" as much as it seems, they are gaming on the wrong platform.

I don't care about the system arguments and that petty bullshit. That sort of shit happens all the time in any argument with different groups....plus....everyone knows that the PC has better graphics....the new consoles are just that....new. So ppl are comparing them.

But that shit is just petty.

I'm talking about the jackassery. Someone being respectful and saying "I made a PC last year...after trying it out....I just prefer conosles".....and then a PC gamer can't help replying "OMG YOU ENJOY PAYING TO PLAY ONLINE AND INFERIOR GRAPHICS" blah blah.

Yes....I see what that was. That was not a conversation happening between 2 respectful ppl. That was one dude advertising PC gaming by belittling someone elses preference....who was just trying to be a part of the conversation.

It's shitty. And over the years...I've seen it become more and more abundant within the PC gamer culture....just to act like a 12 year old b/c PC gaming is no longer obscure and is more popular.

It's like

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#281 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heirren said:

No it isn't. It's the same. The "master race/peasant" stuff is no different than the "xbone" stuff ps4 owners created. And yeah, i know pc and wii u owners joined in on that one, but you get the point.

You can't speak of hostility and ignore the massive amount of shit ps4 owners gave xb1 owners during the first year. Like i said, it's toned down abit.

I grew up a console gamer. My first computer was a Pentium 133mhz. I played Warcraft 2 and some of the classics. Warcraft was the big one though, I'd say. Anyways, it caused my genre interest to really expand. Tomb Raider came along and the graphics boom really started. Had a relative that started really getting into the building process. Then through his help I followed. But it wasn't about the tech--the sharper displays were a draw of course--however, it was the unique games and experiences that the platform offered.

Same thing with pc. People play on platform x, being it pc, playstation, xbox, wii, etc, because they enjoy it. And speaking of graphics, there's been ay for obssession over it from console gamers due to MS and Sony wanting pretty looking exclusives liek Ryse, Killzone and TO1886. We're all graphics whore when we get our pretty exclusives.

I simply don't understand how the "master race" community has a hard time grasping how people might like consoles.

You mean fanboys? Again, pc gamers don't have issue with those who like consoles. You could say the same about how ps4 owners "don't get" why some just prefer to game on their xb1.

Elitist exist in all groups. It's what fanboys, and system, wars are about. What i'm telling you is the accusations i see about pc gamers being elitist jerks is no different than what ps4 gamers are doing to xb1 gamers this gen, and vice versa last gen.

For example, look at Digital Foundry article. Almost every single time, the pc version gets the nod has the best one to get. Not every has a pc, obviously, but not everyone has both consoles either. it's just a tech article after all.

Yet, i've seen mostly ps4 fanboys rush to gloat about having "the best version" and trash the xbox, all over forums and comment section, being it eurogamer, sw, neogaf, etc. But if pc fanboys even so such has try to brag about, they get called elitists and stuff like "why can't pc gamers get this is between consoles" or "sure, if you pay 1000 dollars" or whatever other nonsense.

Get the point? It's fanboys wars, and hypocritical shit all around. Nothing new.

Well Said @deadline-zero0

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I drink to make other people seem interesting.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

Yes I am a member of the Plasma + High End Surround Sound + house shaking subwoofer race.

Everything else is 2nd rate.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

Yes I am a member of the Plasma + High End Surround Sound + house shaking subwoofer race.

that's not a thing, stop trying to make that a thing

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By GioVela2010

@lostrib said:

@GioVela2010 said:

that's not a thing, stop trying to make that a thing

U must be jelly that you're not part of the master race

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

lol consolites.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#287 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I own a PC but I'm not going to call myself part of that ignorant mentality of the "master race".

Dumbasses are in the process of ruining Star Citizen because they believe the only way to play games is a mouse and keyboard even if the game is a flight sim. Boils my blood.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 GioVela2010

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

lol consolites.

Where did I mention anything about consoles?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I own a PC but I'm not going to call myself part of that ignorant mentality of the "master race".

Dumbasses are in the process of ruining Star Citizen because they believe the only way to play games is a mouse and keyboard even if the game is a flight sim. Boils my blood.

Nooooooooo! I think I'm going to cry.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Wasdie  Moderator

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Wasdie said:

Nooooooooo! I think I'm going to cry.

Yeah. Right now the game plays like an FPS in space where you basically circle stafe around enemies while aiming your guns with a mouse. It's horrid. It's nothing like it's supposed to be.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Wasdie said:

that doesn't sound very "master race" since one of the bragging points is that you can use whatever control set up you like

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SolidGame_basic: I drink to make other people seem interesting.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Wasdie  Moderator

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

that doesn't sound very "master race" since one of the bragging points is that you can use whatever control set up you like

It's not. It's 100% hypocrisy by the idiots. Apparently under the Master Race it's all about graphics and first person shooters with a mouse and keyboard.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Krelian-co

@GioVela2010 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

lol consolites.

you are one or not?

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 GioVela2010

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

lol consolites.

you are one or not?

Yes I am a member of the Plasma + High End Surround SOund + House Shaking Subwoofer race.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Krelian-co

@GioVela2010 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

lol consolites.

you are one or not?

Yes I am a member of the Plasma + High End Surround SOund + House Shaking Subwoofer race.

i know your brain is quite tiny, but i made a simple question, are you consolite yes or no?

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 GioVela2010

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@GioVela2010 said:

lol consolites.

you are one or not?

i know your brain is quite tiny, but i made a simple question, are you consolite yes or no?

I own consoles if that's what your asking.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#298 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I have a gaming PC and play many games on it, but no to both of that, sounds freaking ridiculous, lol.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Considering I love the Uncharted series and I prefer my sports games on consoles? Nope. But, I do 90% of my gaming on the PC.