Are the Forza games losing their appeal???

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KKFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By KKFF
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

Metacritic:

Forza Motorsport 3 = 92%

Forza Motorsport 4 = 91%

Forza Horizon = 85%

Forza 5 = 81%

What needs to happen so that Turn 10 can turn things around?? Things are not looking good

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

Forza 4 was too good for its own good. They set the bar quite high. Forza 4 is t10's gt3. Perhaps just driving games in general are losing their appeal, that's just my completely uneducated guess.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

Same can be said. The gameplay in Forza 5 is better then any racing game out there. The reason it isn't in the 90's is a lack of features. but you wont find a better racing experience then Forza 5. The only true next gen game available.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

No Forza 5 is a launch title mean't to showcase a new platforms capabilities. Forza 4 was FAR more feature rich and a hell of a racing experience.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Nope.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

If Turn 10 had three and half years to make Forza 5 but they did not.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@kkff said:

Metacritic:

Forza Motorsport 3 = 92%

Forza Motorsport 4 = 91%

Forza Horizon = 85%

Forza 5 = 81%

What needs to happen so that Turn 10 can turn things around?? Things are not looking good

No, it's not losing it's appeal. It just moved to a new system and didn't have the time to provide all the content that it had provided in Forza 3 & 4. I'm sure Forza 6 will be more like Forza 4 and include features that were in Forza Horizon. The game is still a blast. I'm not bored of it yet.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Metacritic? I thought this was Gamespot...?

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

@danabo said:

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

If I were to have read the pros and cons of both games without looking at the score then I would pick GT 6 in a heartbeat. It's quite odd. The game with the best driving physics on consoles (as stated by the gamespot reviewer) and with the most tracks/cars gets a lower review than the game whos pros are "open wheel cars are a delight to drive" and "generous and flexible career mode" and fuking top gear...

That's fuking potato reviewing right there!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17420 Posts

@StriateEnd said:

@danabo said:

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

If I were to have read the pros and cons of both games without looking at the score then I would pick GT 6 in a heartbeat. It's quite odd. The game with the best driving physics on consoles (as stated by the gamespot reviewer) and with the most tracks/cars gets a lower review than the game whos pros are "open wheel games are a delight to drive" and "generous and flexible career mode" and fuking top gear...

So you dont play games to have fun?

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@kkff said:

Night racing and dynamic weather in my opinion. No excuse for a racing game to not have these the same way there's no excuse for Gran Turismo to not have some sort of damage system.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Shouldn't this really be asked of the Gran Turismo series? ;)

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Forza 5 gameplay actually improved from Forza 4 nicely so it was that lack of content that affected the review score.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Shouldn't this really be asked of the Gran Turismo series? ;)

There cows, If they do that it makes there whole platform look worse then it already is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Racing games in general have lost their apeal. They just dont inovate enough to justifiy dozens of sequels.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

I enjoy the Forza games, and think Forza 5 is great. It may not have as much content but it makes up for it in the gameplay department!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I'm disappointed they cut so much content out of Forza5, it's keeping me from buying it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@kkff said:

Metacritic:

Forza Motorsport 3 = 92%

Forza Motorsport 4 = 91%

Forza Horizon = 85%

Forza 5 = 81%

All I care about is GS score. Want to debate MetaCritic data? Go on Metacritic's forums

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StriateEnd

@navyguy21 said:

@StriateEnd said:

@danabo said:

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

If I were to have read the pros and cons of both games without looking at the score then I would pick GT 6 in a heartbeat. It's quite odd. The game with the best driving physics on consoles (as stated by the gamespot reviewer) and with the most tracks/cars gets a lower review than the game whos pros are "open wheel cars are a delight to drive" and "generous and flexible career mode" and fuking top gear...

So you dont play games to have fun?

That's not what I meant.

Open wheel cars being a delight to drive is most definitely a pro. It's just that the game with "the best driving physics on consoles" and with the most tracks/cars is much more of a big deal to simulator fans and is much more of a plus than the ones listed on forza. If someone were to go out and buy a driving sim wouldn't he pick the game with the best driving physics on consoles? Wouldn't that equate to being more fun?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Loading Video...

This is the only reason why Forza isn't a complete waste of library space

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Agreed the more I play Forza 5 the more disappointed I become. The lack in features KILLS the game almost completely. The cars look good but not what I expected. The handling of the cars is damn near perfect though. The environments are not that great considering they had a lot of time to build this game. I think this should be the last Forza in my opinion.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@StormyJoe:

Yet interesting how Microsofts policies say a game has to carry a certain meta score before being considered for port to their console. This alone makes Gamespots opinion irrelevant. Its also been proven that gamespot gives the kind of scores that please their marketing partners. Jeff Gerstmann got fired over writing a bad review making Gamespot about as credible as VGChartz.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@StriateEnd said:

@danabo said:

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

and its why when it comes to these 2 games, i dont listen to reviews.....most reviewers ive seen cant even keep the car on the road and enjoy noobish features like driving lines, easy career modes, and rewind option

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

Ok. well the first thing that needs to change, is cows need to stop being so butt hurt about it. Let it go.

Also, Forza Horizon doesn't really count. It's Forza by name for marketing purposes only, it's not even by Turn 10. Count it if you want but it's a waste of time tbh.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It's pretty hilarious that GTA 6 has better driving physics than Forza.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By StriateEnd

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

And more cars/tracks yet gets a lower score (probably) due to forza having better graphics..... No shit gamespot, it's on a fking next gen console.

It's a bit silly tbh.

KKFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KKFF
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

If Turn 10 continues like this I see Forza 6 getting a 75% score at best

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@StriateEnd said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

And more cars/tracks yet gets a lower score (probably) due to forza having better graphics..... No shit gamespot, it's on a fking next gen console.

It's a bit silly tbh.

Seriously, when I was criticizing Forza 5's visuals. ( Google Earth lawl ), the fact that the games driving physics were so advanced constantly came up as a counter argument, It seems that wasn't the case.

You get less of everything with Forza it looks like. And you get to pay more money for that privilege, what a brave new world we live in!

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@Vatusus said:

Racing games in general have lost their apeal. They just dont inovate enough to justifiy dozens of sequels.

You mean sims, because Blur and Split/Second among others where quite interesting.

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

yes your an unbiased contributor to this thread....

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blackace

@StriateEnd said:

@danabo said:

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

GT6 is boring as hell. Forza 5 is just way more fun to play. Looks 5x's better. The Drivatar AI racers do race like other gamers. It's hilarious to watch a driver come next to you and clip your rear end to try and spin you out. Turn 10 will be adding 16 car Drag Racing and Tag Mode with the next patch for FREE. GT6 doesn't have that and is just a small upgrade of GT5. What do you think Polyphony was able to complete it so quickly? lol!! It's basically GT5 with a few more cars, tracks, etc.. If GT6 was made for the PS4 it would have no where near that content. Polyphony would still be making it now and it wouldn't come out to 2015 at the earilest. You bias fanboys are just mad that GT6 Flopped just like GT5. Now you'll run to Metacritics to try to justify a better scores. LMAO!!

@RimacBugatti said:

Agreed the more I play Forza 5 the more disappointed I become. The lack in features KILLS the game almost completely. The cars look good but not what I expected. The handling of the cars is damn near perfect though. The environments are not that great considering they had a lot of time to build this game. I think this should be the last Forza in my opinion.

A lot of time to build the game? You haven't read any Turn 10 interviews have you? lol!! They said they ran out of time to add all of the content they wanted to put in the game. It's obvious they were pressured to get te game done by launch. Why do you think 16 Car Drag Racing and Tag Mode are being added to the game with the next patch for FREE? You people complaining about content keep forgetting that launch titles are usually rushed games and will sometimes lack in content. Forza 6 won't lack in content because Turn 10 will be building it off of Forza 5. So it will have more cars, more tracks, more modes, etc..

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@blackace said:

GT6 is boring as hell. Forza 5 is just way more fun to play. Looks 5x's better. The Drivatar AI racers do race like other gamers. It's hilarious to watch a driver come next to you and clip your rear end to try and spin you out. Turn 10 will be adding 16 car Drag Racing and Tag Mode with the next patch for FREE. GT6 doesn't have that and is just a small upgrade of GT5. What do you think Polyphony was able to complete it so quickly? lol!! It's basically GT5 with a few more cars, tracks, etc.. If GT6 was made for the PS4 it would have no where near that content. Polyphony would still be making it now and it wouldn't come out to 2015 at the earilest. You bias fanboys are just mad that GT6 Flopped just like GT5. Now you'll run to Metacritics to try to justify a better scores. LMAO!!

Take your fanboy goggles off, lad, you are becoming more and more lemming with each post you make.

Also, please stop ending every other sentence with 'lol!!' or 'LMAO!!' it makes you sound like a child.

That aside, if you actually played GT6, you will realise it is just as, if not more, sequel worthy than Forza 5. It doesn't just add "a few more cars, tracks," (which, even if it did, that's still better than taking more than half of them away right?); the physics are drastically better on GT6 than GT5, you can feel the grip of the cars, PD did an amazing job improving the suspension and tyre physics; as well as squeezing somehow even more graphical fidelity out of the PS3, when we thought the peak had been reached already. Both Forza and GT are still a great series, even though both have taken recent backsteps in regards to either the series or the genre in general. I look forward to seeing how both the franchises progress.

I don't know why I bother telling you all this though, you will likely come back at me with a statement that shows you have never played GT6 at all, and end it with "lol!!" as if that furthered your point.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Implying it ever had appeal...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

@StriateEnd said:

@danabo said:

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

and its why when it comes to these 2 games, i dont listen to reviews.....most reviewers ive seen cant even keep the car on the road and enjoy noobish features like driving lines, easy career modes, and rewind option

Thank you!!

Ever wonder why you never see gameplay of the High Level cars or later racing challenges series in reviews of games like this? Because the reviewers can't be bothered to actually play the game long enough to get there. So all the video is of low level cars and entry level events.

And how can a reviewer even mention physics when they are playing with a controller and all the assists on?

At least Bloodworth on Gametrailers has some Sim experience although he does play with a controller. He rated GT6 higher.

I'll wait for the guys at Inside Sim Racing to finish their reviews. They play nothing but racing sims on high end equipment, and have loads of seat time in real cars as well.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blackace

@_Matt_ said:

@blackace said:

Take your fanboy goggles off, lad, you are becoming more and more lemming with each post you make.

Also, please stop ending every other sentence with 'lol!!' or 'LMAO!!' it makes you sound like a child.

That aside, if you actually played GT6, you will realise it is just as, if not more, sequel worthy than Forza 5. It doesn't just add "a few more cars, tracks," (which, even if it did, that's still better than taking more than half of them away right?); the physics are drastically better on GT6 than GT5, you can feel the grip of the cars, PD did an amazing job improving the suspension and tyre physics; as well as squeezing somehow even more graphical fidelity out of the PS3, when we thought the peak had been reached already. Both Forza and GT are still a great series, even though both have taken recent backsteps in regards to either the series or the genre in general. I look forward to seeing how both the franchises progress.

I don't know why I bother telling you all this though, you will likely come back at me with a statement that shows you have never played GT6 at all, and end it with "lol!!" as if that furthered your point.

STFU!! I don't have any fanboy goggles. You've never played Forza 5 I'm sure, so you don't have any clue about the damn game. Most of GT5 & GT6 have the same cars with different years. You have a Ford Mustang for 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005. You get a Nissan Maxima for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008. All Polyphony does is pad the numbers with the same cars and some slightly different specs for them. I know GT5 & 6 physics are great, but so are the physics in Forza 5. Forza 5 cars are all completely different. They all look different. The physics in Forza 5 are spot on. Every car feels different and with the rumble on the triggers now, you feel every drif, break and pull of the car. Forza 5 is the best looking driving game on consoles. The car models blow last gen cars away. I've played every GT game since the PS1, so yes I know how those games play. GT3 & 4 are still the best for that generation. The series has gone downhill since that time.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@blackace said:

@_Matt_ said:

@blackace said:

STFU!! I don't have any fanboy goggles. You've never played Forza 5 I'm sure, so you don't have any clue about the damn game. Most of GT5 & GT6 have the same cars with different years. You have a Ford Mustang for 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005. You get a Nissan Maxima for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008. All Polyphony does is pad the numbers with the same cars and some slightly different specs for them. I know GT5 & 6 physics are great, but so are the physics in Forza 5. Forza 5 cars are all completely different. They all look different. The physics in Forza 5 are spot on. Every car feels different and with the rumble on the triggers now, you feel every drif, break and pull of the car. Forza 5 is the best looking driving game on consoles. The car models blow last gen cars away. I've played every GT game since the PS1, so yes I know how those games play. GT3 & 4 are still the best for that generation. The series has gone downhill since that time.

Calm down, no need to blow a fuse about it, I'm just pointing out that you clearly have a lot more bias than you want to admit.

Sure I have never played Forza 5 beyond a single race, so I can't have a proper opinion on it, I am however a massive fan of Forza 4, which was one of my favourite racing games this last gen or so; so I am very much clued in.

Yes there are a lot of cars that are repeats in GT6, which is why I only count the Premiums (for which there are now somewhere in the region of 500); but that is beside the point, you claimed GT6 is just GT5 with a few more cars, etc... I just proved you wrong; and reviews have seemed very much along the lines that GT6 has the best racing physics on consoles.

My point is, stop disregarding the GT franchise, it is very much an equal to Forza (and the fact that they both have exactly the same metacritic score proves this). Both Forza and GT have their strengths and weaknesses, which is great competition for each other; claiming that one is better than the other is fine, we all have preferences, but sounding like one is the return of the messiah and the other is some PoS shows either lack of knowledge, or just blatant fanboyism.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackace

Whatever the case, I still like Forza 4 & 5 over GT5 & GT6. Can't wait for 16 Car Drag Racing online. Forza 4 blew GT5 & GT6 away for me. I got bored and tired of GT5 after about 2 weeks. I still play Forza 4 when I can find time, but love the look and feel of Forza 5. Sure it needs more content and Turn 10 will add more starting with the next patch. People complain about microtransaction, but forget that they are optional. GT6 is worse when you have to pay $165 just to unlock 1 car. At least with Forza 5 it's $50 for 60 cars. That's a huge difference in terms of value. With Forza 5, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to drive ever car in one year. In GT6, it'll take you forever to grind and grind to buy and play over 1000 cars. It's overkill. That's my opinion anyways. I'm not bias, there are a LOT of PS3 games I like. Dragon's Crown, Heavy Rain, God of War, TLOU, Demon Souls, etc.. are all games I've played and enjoyed. I'm trying to get a copy of Puppeteer next. I already have Infamous SS & The Order 1886 preordered. I just hate bias trolling Cows and will always counter their vial unintelligent comments they make toward the XB1.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@kkff: Nope but cow alt accounts are.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ReadingRainbow4

@urbansys said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

yes your an unbiased contributor to this thread....

It says it right in the review. lol.

Are you guys really that sensitive?

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

Kind of strange comparing a 8th gen game to a 7th gen game.

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

@silversix_ said:
Loading Video...

LOL, next gen trolling

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StriateEnd
@blackace said:

@StriateEnd said:

@danabo said:

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

@RimacBugatti said:

A lot of time to build the game? You haven't read any Turn 10 interviews have you? lol!! They said they ran out of time to add all of the content they wanted to put in the game. It's obvious they were pressured to get te game done by launch. Why do you think 16 Car Drag Racing and Tag Mode are being added to the game with the next patch for FREE? You people complaining about content keep forgetting that launch titles are usually rushed games and will sometimes lack in content. Forza 6 won't lack in content because Turn 10 will be building it off of Forza 5. So it will have more cars, more tracks, more modes, etc..

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should never bring up valid points in a discussion because all you are going to get back is nonsense fanboy drivel.

I haven't played Forza 5 or GT6. I'm willing to bet you haven't played GT 6 either. I was critiquing the review score of forza compared to gt 6 using both of their pros. I wasn't arguing about the games since I haven't played it but I was arguing about the poor reviewing by gamespot.

Son you're just stupid as all hell aren't you?

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

giant bomb destroyed this game for its ridiculous micro-transactions.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

forza is a great series but has never been extremely popular. Its my favorite racer series (sim) on consoles

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@kkff said:

Metacritic:

Forza Motorsport 3 = 92%

Forza Motorsport 4 = 91%

Forza Horizon = 85%

Forza 5 = 81%

First things first, Horizons wasn't made by Turn 10.

Secondly, you say appeal and then look at review scores?

Thirdly:

• Forza 3: 9.0
  • Forza 4: 8.5
  • Forza 5: 9.0
    • Quality seems to be pretty consistent - and high
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well than they shouldn't lie to sell the game and say they spent 10 years building. People need to stop lying about things. Because once your name is dirt than your word no longer has any value on this planet. I'm over the marketing crap. The game is extremely overrated and it's not an upgrade from Forza 4. Maybe they need to bring back Project Gotham Racing. I'm even thinking Need for Speed may be a better looking game.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Sim racers aren and have always been crap.

Avatar image for zaire_nxtgen720
Zaire_nxtgen720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zaire_nxtgen720
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

No

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

A FM game every two years is over kill for a racing sim. I've bought almost every single FM day one, after FM3 the improvements haven't been significant enough to warrant an entry.

I'd like to add FM Horizon was a breath of fresh air, but understand that wasn't a T10 production nor part of the main series.