Are simple RPG's better?

• 60 results
Posted by uninspiredcup (8261 posts) 1 month, 26 days ago

Poll: Are simple RPG's better? (36 votes)

Yes (I want to be a dragon) 31%
No 69%

My friends, having today re-finished Planescape Torment I feel very exhausted mentally and emotionally . Even though I am naturally very intelligent, the amount of shit going on is very hard to take in. Oh.

Has the console streamlining of games ultimately improved RPG's for the better or would you rather read 800.000 written words of text?

#51 Edited by uninspiredcup (8261 posts) -

I'd let her spit in my face. Erotic.

#52 Edited by Revan_911 (1698 posts) -

I'd let her spit in my face. Erotic.

I found it more demeaning. That guy looked miserable and I doubt he's that good of an actor. Imagine being a beta quiet type programmer and some bitches from voice acting drag you out for an epic joke video that ends up being women spitting in your face.

Just read gaiders gay tumblr blog

http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/36214913229/the-female-perspective-in-game-development

"I happen to be fortunate. My team of writers on Dragon Age currently consists of nine people— most of which are female."

"Then one of the female writers went, and she brought up an issue. A big issue. It had to do with a sexual situation in the plot, which she explained could easily be interpreted as a form of rape."

"How often does that happen on game development teams, ones made up of otherwise intelligent and liberal guys who are then shocked to find out that they inadvertently offended a group that is quickly approaching half of the gaming audience?"

"Will the idea make them uncomfortable? Will they come up with excuses, or go right to hostility? Guys, particularly in game development, are a pretty privileged bunch."

The sooner this bloated corpse stumbles over and falls in a ditch the better gaming will be

#53 Posted by SecretPolice (21713 posts) -

Enjoyed the rather simple SP:TSOT but I much prefer a battle system like Kotor > SP:TSOT by a million times over. I guess a happy medium works for me. :P

#54 Edited by thehig1 (1673 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@lostrib said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Honestly I love his act, the few people that still get rustled over this is beautiful.

It's like the type of shit Sniper should have been doing, but wasn't...or is doing through an alt. Who knows.

at least Sniper was consistent. this guy is just all over the place

Eh I think it sells his renegade persona better. He's not taking on just one group, but all of them.

It gives me the impression that he just throws darts at a board filled with popular game topics/genres/platforms and just rolls with whatever it lands on.

But even his persona doesn't stay consistent.

I dont know why but I'm convinced he looks exactly like his avatar, and he has that face expression all the time when hes typing.

He switches sides all the time and basically trolls everyone.

But hey, he's at least making threads keeping a rather quiet forum active, I'd rather him be here some of his threads end up being decent.

#55 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11424 posts) -

@faizanhd

Exactly ! Time to get rid of that term. And use the more accurate versions.

Table Top RPG

Action RPG

Strategy RPG

Pen & Paper RPG

and so on.... You get the idea... Nothing is just an RPG.

#56 Edited by clone01 (24641 posts) -

@thehig1 said:
@lostrib said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@lostrib said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Honestly I love his act, the few people that still get rustled over this is beautiful.

It's like the type of shit Sniper should have been doing, but wasn't...or is doing through an alt. Who knows.

at least Sniper was consistent. this guy is just all over the place

Eh I think it sells his renegade persona better. He's not taking on just one group, but all of them.

It gives me the impression that he just throws darts at a board filled with popular game topics/genres/platforms and just rolls with whatever it lands on.

But even his persona doesn't stay consistent.

I dont know why but I'm convinced he looks exactly like his avatar, and he has that face expression all the time when hes typing.

He switches sides all the time and basically trolls everyone.

But hey, he's at least making threads keeping a rather quiet forum active, I'd rather him be here some of his threads end up being decent.

Really, I'll take him over someone like I_can_haz or grenade launcher. At least the trolling is attempting to be amusing.

#57 Edited by Boddicker (2687 posts) -

Brother, you're not the only one that misses the complex isometric RPG's of the 90's.

Sadly with skyrocketing development costs one flop could sink an entire studio. So they dumb it down.

Bigger demographic / higher dev costs = teh dumb

#58 Posted by clone01 (24641 posts) -

Brother, you're not the only one that misses the complex isometric RPG's of the 90's.

Sadly with skyrocketing development costs one flop could sink an entire studio.

I think that's where kickstarter has helped a lot. Isn't wasteland 2 almost a completely kickstarter funded project?

#59 Edited by thehig1 (1673 posts) -

@clone01: yeah I've gotten used to uninspiredcup threads, kind of like them now

#60 Posted by clone01 (24641 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@clone01: yeah I've gotten used to uninspiredcup threads, kind of like them now

lol! I personally wouldn't go that far, but hey, if you're going to have a village idiot, at least make them slightly amusing.