Are Naughty Dog better Valve

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Poll Are Naughty Dog better Valve (98 votes)

Valve revolutionized gaming, saved pc gaming, populized and saved indie gaming, populized modding, made the greatest single player FPS of all time, made the greatest Free2play title of all time e.t.c.. e.t.c.... 59%
Naughty Dog made two pretty decent third person games 39%

My friends. This is a very heated system wars debate. Many of us feel passionately one way or the other. But, through the use of popularity voting (that is 100% accurate) we will factually, finally have a decision as to who is the best of the best.

• 
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

You guys do know that valve has actually made very few games right? Valve takes other peoples products they created and brands them as valve products. They take previously made games and shit out an inferior sequel themselves. Valve doesn't really make dick.

Most of "valves" games are mods others made and valve just redid and slapped their name on it.

Left 4 dead - Made by turtlerock studios.

DOTA2 - Originally a mod for warcraft 3 that they redid.

Counter strike - Another mod they redid.

Portal - Made by students at digipen technically institute

Team fortress 2 - Yet another game started as a mod that they redid.

Ricochet - Another mod.

Alien swarm - Another mode remade

Day of defeat source - Another mod originally.

So really all valve has actually created originally and made all on their own is half life 1 and half life 2. Everything else they have done is they took someone elses work and re-did it or they just made a sequel which was worse than original like left 4 dead 2.

So I say naughty dog is the better developer by far.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i say naughty dog because valve doesnt release the games you want in a timely manner lol. so people have been waiting for half life 3...they release everything else but that game.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Why are we comparing two completely different game developers?

ND and Valve are both great, for different reasons.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

Valve has to be the most overrated dev in history, but they certainly have been around longer and done quite a bit more.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#105  Edited By Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

Valve has been around for a long time and have an excellent track record. I think the worst game they ever made was HL2:Ep 1, which is saying something. ND has made all stellar games so far but so has Rocksteady, I'd put both of these devs at the same level. But Valve is still in much higher level, they've proven they are masters at single player, co-op and multiplayer games. They've made not only FPS but now have made an RTS style game in DOTA 2. They are the best developer by far in the industry IMHO.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Gooeykat

@Gargus: Those are great points, but I'd argue that all devs steal ideas. If you look at Uncharted for example, the idea was obviously stolen from Tomb Raider, with a dash of GoW.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@Gooeykat said:

@Gargus: Those are great points,

They are bad points. Valve bought them, they are apart of Valve. It is Valve.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

In the end, does it really matter? Are any of you going to stop playing one companies games if the lose the poll?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

My friend,. Before hand, most of us already new the truth. However, for the nonbelievers, those would would say otherwise, it needed clarified. It has been clarified. Justice has prevailed.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend,. Before hand, most of us already new the truth. However, for the nonbelievers, those would would say otherwise, it needed clarified. It has been clarified. Justice has prevailed.

I'm surprised Valve won a poll here, its an extremely casual forums (CoD wins almost every poll).

That says A LOT.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Valve is a better company, ND makes better games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Martin_G_N said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@biggest_loser said:

To me Naughty Dog is eclipsing Valve very quickly. I'm far more interested in the types of games they're making. MMOs and F2P don't hold any appeal. The success of Last of Us lays waste to that business about the market just wanting social media games, MMOs etc.

Pretty much how I feel too. Valve is all about pseudo economy systems and other forms of social stuff these day. That's why they won't make HL3. I did enjoy Portal 2 though, but it's not as good as Uncharted/TLOU imo.

Agreed. And the skillset required for making games like Uncharted and The Last of us is just higher than what Valve has shown, especially considering it's on the PS3 hardware, which Valve did'nt even want to work on because of the complexity.

"The skill" ..... stop pretending like you understand how much effort a software project takes. VAlves game's require constant updates, rebalances, new contents, new features are always in demand, tournament infrastructure.

A flashy linear TPS ... yea because graphically impressive linear shooters are soooo rare and unusual, so much skill ....

Of Course, I cant insult any programmer or artist because they are great.... but get your head out of the gutter. MP games require far more effort than this tripe, especially ones as big as DoTA and Counter-Strike ... let alone TF2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Gargus said:

You guys do know that valve has actually made very few games right? Valve takes other peoples products they created and brands them as valve products. They take previously made games and shit out an inferior sequel themselves. Valve doesn't really make dick.

Most of "valves" games are mods others made and valve just redid and slapped their name on it.

Left 4 dead - Made by turtlerock studios.

DOTA2 - Originally a mod for warcraft 3 that they redid.

Counter strike - Another mod they redid.

Portal - Made by students at digipen technically institute

Team fortress 2 - Yet another game started as a mod that they redid.

Ricochet - Another mod.

Alien swarm - Another mode remade

Day of defeat source - Another mod originally.

So really all valve has actually created originally and made all on their own is half life 1 and half life 2. Everything else they have done is they took someone elses work and re-did it or they just made a sequel which was worse than original like left 4 dead 2.

So I say naughty dog is the better developer by far.

.... ignoring the fact that 4 of those games... were only possible because of the tools and resources valve provided to the community. WHY THE HELL DOES THAT MATTER? fact of the matter is, when valve takes over, the games turn from "good mod" to "gold".

Tell me why that is different from naughty dog making an indiana jones clone with about 6 different characters, 1 track gameplay with no variety? then cashing in on the zombie fad with the same game altered?

Unbelievable .... an idea is just that, it doesn't change the fact that they took those games, developed them from the ground up into incredible game experiences.

And to the idiot that mentioned "I.P theft" regarding DoTA ...... the friggin guy (Ice Frog) approached Valve.... at the time, they were the only one smart enough to go "This deserves a fully fledged release.... one of the biggest most competitive mods in the world."

Meanwhile riot games dumbed down the entire genre, forcing you to farm 1000s of games for content and has the production values literally of warcraft 3.

such a stupid argument.

The idea is just part of the development.... you tools.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

The young people can't win on logical arguments so they must come up with magical cop out bullshit. Very sad indeed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@uninspiredcup said:

The young people can't win on logical arguments so they must come up with magical cop out bullshit. Very sad indeed.

I swear I feel like I am losing some I.Q points by reading this crap....

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#116 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

And all it proves is that Valve won an opinion contest.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 uninspiredcup  Online

My friend, the original post states this is factually the definitive answer. Everyone participating must accept the terms of service agreement.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Jankarcop

@Eddie-Vedder said:

Valve is a better company, ND makes better games.

Valve has more high rated games....

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@Martin_G_N said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@biggest_loser said:

To me Naughty Dog is eclipsing Valve very quickly. I'm far more interested in the types of games they're making. MMOs and F2P don't hold any appeal. The success of Last of Us lays waste to that business about the market just wanting social media games, MMOs etc.

Pretty much how I feel too. Valve is all about pseudo economy systems and other forms of social stuff these day. That's why they won't make HL3. I did enjoy Portal 2 though, but it's not as good as Uncharted/TLOU imo.

Agreed. And the skillset required for making games like Uncharted and The Last of us is just higher than what Valve has shown, especially considering it's on the PS3 hardware, which Valve did'nt even want to work on because of the complexity.

"The skill" ..... stop pretending like you understand how much effort a software project takes. VAlves game's require constant updates, rebalances, new contents, new features are always in demand, tournament infrastructure.

A flashy linear TPS ... yea because graphically impressive linear shooters are soooo rare and unusual, so much skill ....

Of Course, I cant insult any programmer or artist because they are great.... but get your head out of the gutter. MP games require far more effort than this tripe, especially ones as big as DoTA and Counter-Strike ... let alone TF2.

Making online FPS games on an engine they've had for over a decade is far easier than what ND is doing. They had to build a new engine, utilizing difficult architecture. They are a big part of the ICE team that figured out ways of utilizing the CELL, and helping other devs. They made movie-like games with great animation, graphics, sound, dialog, and awesome action sequences you actually play instead of being a cutscene like the old days.

ND is a far better game developer than Valve. ND is willing to go different paths and learn more, while Valve stay safe and simple. When it comes to game development there are alot of devs that I would put in front of Valve.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Jankarcop

ND make 5 hour long rental TPS games.

Valve define genres.

Its easy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Martin_G_N said:

ND is a far better game developer than Valve. ND is willing to go different paths and learn more, while Valve stay safe and simple.

Valve revolutionized digital distribution, story telling, modding, physics, indie gaming, puzzle games, competitive gaming, crowd funding e.t.c....

Naughty Dog made two third person shooters that rip off movies,

So risky.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

Naughty Gods is clearly better valve keeps making the same boring ass FPS games with boring characters they suck just like TC's poll options

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Jankarcop

@brut_fruit said:

Naughty Gods is clearly better valve keeps making the same boring ass FPS games with boring characters they suck just like TC's poll options

HL, Portal, LF4, Valve, TF2, Counstrike, Dota

They each couldn't be more different than the other.

Meanwhile, naughty dog excels at quick time events and non gaming.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 brut_fruit

@Jankarcop said:

bunch of FPS and valve didn't create dota it was made by a wow modder

naughty gods qte's are more fun than every valve game ever released hahahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@brut_fruit said:

@Jankarcop said:

bunch of FPS and valve didn't create dota it was made by a wow modder

naughty gods qte's are more fun than every valve game ever released hahahaha

750k+ people playing valve games right now disagree.... gotta laugh at all the second hand TLOU/UC dead MP 8 hour campigned dust collectors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#127  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Whatever.... every console ****** seems to pretend DoTA 2 doesn't exist. thats "playing it safe" is it?

Can't you post your comment without resorting to insults? Getting tired of seeing Santa on the naughty list...

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By brut_fruit

@MBirdy88 said:

750k+ people playing valve games right now disagree.... gotta laugh at all the second hand TLOU/UC dead MP 8 hour campigned dust collectors.

750k ppl with horrible taste but then again cant blame em valve sp sux hahahaaha

by that logic activision and blizzard must ownzor every valve game and are the best devs eva!!!

miright?!

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Sure, Valve has done some great stuff for PC gaming, except game development. So as for developing games, ND is better. It's not exactly easy making games that "rips of movies".

If all developers could just make one game engine and use that for over a decade, in the same type of games, with a few mods, and steal games from others and sell it as they're own, games would not have evolved at all.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Jankarcop

Dota2 is valve.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Jankarcop

@Martin_G_N said:

@uninspiredcup: Sure, Valve has done some great stuff for PC gaming, except game development. So as for developing games, ND is better.

Valve has more high rated and higher played games atm...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Korvus85 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Whatever.... every console ****** seems to pretend DoTA 2 doesn't exist. thats "playing it safe" is it?

Can't you post your comment without resorting to insults? Getting tired of seeing Santa on the naughty list...

Tough luck, Santa Gaben gets annoyed at ignorance and mis-information.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 uninspiredcup  Online

Valve won. Enough crying please. We've had enough floods here in the UK already.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

How can you even compare the two?

Valve has its hands in a lot of things, and is basically pioneering what's possible in the F2P space, creating their own operating systems and gaming peripherals and social networking community, and runs/develops a store that sells the majority of PC games. In addition to making some of the most memorable and legendary games of the last 20 years.

Naughty Dog as made some really good to great games over the years, but that's about it.

It's like comparing Charles Barkley to Michael Jordan. Charles was amazing and one of the all-time greats, but Michael Jordan is a fucking enterprise with his statue outside of an arena.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

No one outside America knows who Micheal Jordan is beyond space jam.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#136 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

is that a joke?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 uninspiredcup  Online
@uninspiredcup said:

Nice one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 lostrib

@uninspiredcup said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Nice one.

wtf

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Gooeykat

@uninspiredcup: Disagree obviously, it's like like someone coming in at the tail-end of a project and claiming credit. LFD and Portal were not Valve ideas, but they made both of those games much better and then improved on it in sequels...LFD2 and Portal 2 are masterpieces.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Gooeykat said:

@uninspiredcup: Disagree obviously, it's like like someone coming in at the tail-end of a project and claiming credit. LFD and Portal were not Valve ideas, but they made both of those games much better and then improved on it in sequels...LFD2 and Portal 2 are masterpieces.

The concepts within these games are. And the team who made them are (or where) apart of Valve. Being a great talent spotter and giving an open ended approach to games is creative. It's what helps put them on the map. Everyone does it, including Naughty Dog. Attempted to call out Valve like it's somehow a negative, is laughable.

Look at EA. All the companies that became apart of it. Look how they turned out. Many people claim Bioware are dead. Bullfrog, Crytek e.t.c... They worked for EA, under EA's wing. These people become apart of Valve. That's the difference.

My friend, it's like saying simply because someone has changed there name and now have larger resources and teams working with them to produce an even better game, credit should not be given.

More to the point, what the **** have Naughty Dog done? Nothing. Just ripped off Tomb Raider and The Road.

Well done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@MBirdy88 said:

Still, if you keep getting reported I'll have to give you a temp ban, and I'd rather not so I'd appreciate if you could be a bit more careful with the way you word your comments =) It would save us both the trouble.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Korvus85 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Still, if you keep getting reported I'll have to give you a temp ban, and I'd rather not so I'd appreciate if you could be a bit more careful with the way you word your comments =) It would save us both the trouble.

....? your a mod... with 58 posts? not sure if serious.... where does it even state mod on this new terribly designed forum style?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lostrib

@MBirdy88 said:

@Korvus85 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

....? your a mod... with 58 posts? not sure if serious.... where does it even state mod on this new terribly designed forum style?

don't put your mouse over the post, it should show moderator with a purple gavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@lostrib said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Korvus85 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

don't put your mouse over the post, it should show moderator with a purple gavel

I see... why is it not just a tag under is name... why break such fundamental U.I rules? -_-;

alright fine, I will try to refrain myself from insults... just lose patience with the level of stupidity sometimes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@MBirdy88 said:

I see... why is it not just a tag under is name... why break such fundamental U.I rules? -_-;

alright fine, I will try to refrain myself from insults... just lose patience with the level of stupidity sometimes.

Yeah, it's stupid that the tag goes away like that. In any case I'm mostly on the chat section of GS, not so much on the forums (like you've noticed from my post count =P) I normally only come over here when I get a report but I rather ask the users to change some minor stuff than temp banning them. Thank you for your understanding. And I know sometimes it's hard not to get exasperated but I still need to do my job even in those situations =)

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Nice one.

wtf

Probably forgot to sign out and go to his alt

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Bringing Portal into the equitation would simply be abuse. Naughty Dog would need aid from the UN.

@DarkLink77 said:

@cain006 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Lol okay, sure. The original Half-Life was super important. It was also made more than 15 years ago, and they've made nothing with an influence that's even remotely comparable since, Steam aside. And even Gabe himself has said that they are more focused on multiplayer games than Half-Life right now, because it makes more money.

They haven't made a new IP since 1998. They haven't released anything Half-Life related in nearly seven years, which is all the more pathetic when you consider that since 2006, Half-Life has been delivered as episodic content. Still no info on Episode 3, though. They're challenging Duke Nukem Forever as vaporware king.

They have been living off of Half-Life's legacy, and other people's ideas. That is the definition of creatively bankrupt.

And really, don't presume to know how old I am, how many games I've played, or how much knowledge about video games I have. You know nothing about me. It makes you look like a fool.

Why does it matter that they make new IPs themselves? Portal 2 is a great game. TF2 is as well. I don't care much for L4D or HL2 but I don't see how not coming up with your own IPs suddenly makes their games bad.

I never said it made them bad. It makes them creatively bankrupt.

I personally don't like a lot of their games, but I wouldn't call most of them bad.

Please enlighten me what 'creative' thing did ND do? I dare you.

I also never said Naughty Dog was especially creative. Saying Vlave isn't creative =/= saying Naughty Dog is creative.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Valve is a creatively bankrupt studio who hasn't made an original IP since Half-Life.

But what about Left 4 Dead?

That was Turtle Rock's idea. Valve bought them.

B-b-but Portal.

Once again, someone else's idea that they bought.

But Counter Strike and Team Fortress....

Both mods they bought.

DOTA 2....

Is basically intellectual property theft. They stole WarCraft 3's game mechanics and art design. The only reason it's not called Defense of the Ancients 2 is because Blizzard sued them.

They're a shit company with no original ideas. The only thing they really have going for them is Half-Life (a series and fanbase they no longer care about), and Steam.

Naughty Dog has made some great games, but are inconsistent as ****. Gun to my head, I choose Valve, but only for Steam.

Valve has won and Bioshock sucks. Thus, the universe is in alignment.

Forever better than Valve's "games." They'd be irrelevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EODbHVySFWM

Being an older gamer with a much wider repertoire of games, I look at history, the big picture. Unlike you young console fellows, loud and stuck in the immediate, I can objectively look at history as a whole. By doing so, we see almost every AAA game (including Bioshock my very very young friend) have taken "inspiration" from the creatively bankrupt Valve. And all those creatively bankrupt people bought up and now part of Valve (due to Valve not being creative).

Son, you need to go back to the drawing board. Reevaluate things.

Lol okay, sure. The original Half-Life was super important. It was also made more than 15 years ago, and they've made nothing with an influence that's even remotely comparable since, Steam aside. And even Gabe himself has said that they are more focused on multiplayer games than Half-Life right now, because it makes more money.

They haven't made a new IP since 1998. They haven't released anything Half-Life related in nearly seven years, which is all the more pathetic when you consider that since 2006, Half-Life has been delivered as episodic content. Still no info on Episode 3, though. They're challenging Duke Nukem Forever as vaporware king.

They have been living off of Half-Life's legacy, and other people's ideas. That is the definition of creatively bankrupt.

And really, don't presume to know how old I am, how many games I've played, or how much knowledge about video games I have. You know nothing about me. It makes you look like a fool.

.... what am I reading? How is Uncharted / Last of us anything comparable to Half-Life of its time? ALL they do is cinematics and graphics better than 99% of companies, what have either game franchises done in the gameplay department? other than not stand out at all... didn't even try to improve on shooting mechanics found in friggin GTA games for gods sake.

Tell me again, why other than making flashy games with little substance how is Naughty dog even comparable to Valve?

And the main crutch of your argument is "Creative bankruptcy due to buying up talent." because no company buys ideas and talent. because every companies idea comes from within? failing to mention VALVE's brilliant community support for modding made Team Fortress, Portal and Left4Dead/Day of defeat possible in the first place. so thye hired the people that made these games? because they have a much better eye for talent than most companies...

its one of the stupidest arguments I have heard so far against valve. They build a community that churns out some of the best mods ever, then instead of letting that idea go undervalued, they take that person/team under their win, provide their excellent production values and make everything they touch a massive winner.

Nothing Influential? well not innovative but definitely influential. DoTA 2 being the fairest "free2play" game on the market in terms of MOBA's, having the community make mods which enter the game (well mostly aesthetic in this case) and they make money off of it.

Not many companies know their market anywhere close to Valve, or have made as many good games regardless of where the ideas come from.

Your telling me Uncharted is an original idea/setting? REALLY? your telling me last of us, which is riding on the drawn out zombie fad .. is innovative because it features aman and an a.i girl? (yea we TOTALLY havnt seen that before) oh creative right... coral zombies.

honestly, no matter what ND and Sony fanboys say... all naughty dog have focused on this gen is 2 linear TPS with ridiculously good graphics, mediocre gameplay and poor MP.

EDIT:

Also are you suggesting that focusing on MP games is bad? I didn;t know we lived in 1995 where SP games are for some reason magically more important... they are not, far from it, people like playing games with eachother or other people.... dare I say, more so than SP games.

Never said that, But at least they have their own ideas internally. Calling Valve creatively bankrupt =/= calling Naughty Dog creative.

No company buys ideas to the point that Valve does. Name me another studio that has bought every major IP they've worked on since 1998. You can't do it.

And yo, if you think I'm a Naughty Dog fanboy, you have not followed my post history.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 uninspiredcup  Online

I think you just don't know much about video games. :S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Korvus85 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Yeah, it's stupid that the tag goes away like that. In any case I'm mostly on the chat section of GS, not so much on the forums (like you've noticed from my post count =P) I normally only come over here when I get a report but I rather ask the users to change some minor stuff than temp banning them. Thank you for your understanding. And I know sometimes it's hard not to get exasperated but I still need to do my job even in those situations =)

Thank you for the personal warning, it is a much nicer approach than just freezing I agree :P