Are DE:HR/Dishonoured the best stealth games of this generation?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by uninspiredcup (7641 posts) 9 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Are DE:HR/Dishonoured the best stealth games of this generation? (45 votes)

Yes 49%
No 38%
I like Metal Gear Solid because of it's award winning script 9%

Can we all agree that when it comes to the stealth genre or recent years, both HR and Dis are the best?

#1 Edited by Krelian-co (10240 posts) -

i guess it is too hard for inferior minds to understand that there is no such "can we all agree anything", its your opinion and there will always be a billion people that do not agree with it.

#2 Posted by MrYaotubo (2606 posts) -
#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

Aren't you gona tell us why ?

anyway I nominate Splintercell Blacklist for that honor.... Because co-op.

#4 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11519 posts) -

Dishonored, yes. Haven't played enough of Deus Ex though.

#5 Edited by ZimpanX (12636 posts) -

While I love DX:HR I think Mark of the Ninja does stealth better.

#6 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

I liked Hitman Absolution the most out of the stealth games.

Assassin's Creed is amazing when you plan and execute correctly.

My opinions :)

But, I did love both Dishonored and Deus Ex:HR.

Dishonored felt like it punished me too much for being seen even for a very short period of time.

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (7641 posts) -

Both of these games you can complete without killing fellow human beings. Bosses don't count.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38734 posts) -

No.

#9 Edited by KungfuKitten (20776 posts) -

You forgot the 2D stealth games such as Mark of the Ninja and Monaco.

#10 Posted by KungfuKitten (20776 posts) -
#11 Posted by mems_1224 (46252 posts) -

Blacklist>both

#12 Posted by Pray_to_me (2801 posts) -

No.

#13 Posted by Vaasman (11192 posts) -

Mark of the Ninja says hello.

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (7641 posts) -

Blacklist>both

Blacklist is an action game.

#15 Posted by Masculus (2823 posts) -

Not many of those. I did liked Dishonoured quite a bit, didn't liked HR.

#16 Posted by mems_1224 (46252 posts) -
#17 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@mems_1224 said:

Blacklist>both

so are deus ex and dishonored

blacklist is more of an action game, genius.

Out of all 3 Dishonerd allows the most pure stealth.

#18 Posted by mems_1224 (46252 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@mems_1224 said:

Blacklist>both

blacklist is more of an action game, genius.

Out of all 3 Dishonerd allows the most pure stealth.

no it doesnt.

#19 Posted by MrYaotubo (2606 posts) -
#20 Posted by uninspiredcup (7641 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@mems_1224 said:

Blacklist>both

These games give you options how to play. It does not stop it being primarily stealth built games that reward stealth above all else.

Splinter Cell has been shit for years, all Tom Clancy games have been sadly. Gamers have such low expectations these days, Ubisoft simply has to flash production values and you young fellows gobble it up.

#21 Posted by mems_1224 (46252 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@mems_1224 said:

Blacklist>both

These games give you options how to play. It does not stop it being primarily stealth built games that reward stealth above all else.

Splinter Cell has been shit for years, all Tom Clancy games have been sadly. Gamers have such low expectations these days, Ubisoft simply has to flash production values and you young fellows gobble it up.

Blacklist gives you options. Sounds like you haven't played it.

#22 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

Nope. Mark of the Ninja wins

#23 Posted by lamprey263 (22818 posts) -

I liked Arkham Asylum more, though it was a mix of stealth and straight up fighting, kind of like AC.

Hell I liked Siren Blood Curse more than either Dishonored or Deus Ex.

And when I play games like Oblivion and Skyrim I focus mostly on stealth and archery... love taking this approach, then afterwards going pull the arrows out and check out my headshots.

#24 Posted by Sword-Demon (6945 posts) -

Mark of the Ninja

#25 Posted by jg4xchamp (47070 posts) -
#26 Edited by uninspiredcup (7641 posts) -

To make this fair we will discount two thirds of the no option since this forum probably has more younger people than older gamers voting for the more visually bombastic titles.

#27 Posted by blangenakker (2183 posts) -

Don't forget about MARK OF THE NINJA. Such a great stealth game.

#28 Posted by CloudStrife213 (423 posts) -

Hitman: Blood Money

#29 Posted by lazerface216 (7452 posts) -
#30 Posted by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

i guess it is too hard for inferior minds to understand that there is no such "can we all agree anything", its your opinion and there will always be a billion people that do not agree with it.

This. But MY opinion goes to Splinter Cell Blacklist.

#31 Posted by MrYaotubo (2606 posts) -

looks awesome.

if you don't mind me asking, what's your sig? reminds me of fatal frame.

The avatar you mean? It´s Shenhua from Shenmue but with some odd filters applied to it lol.

#32 Edited by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

Not with this game around.

#33 Edited by Brendissimo35 (1930 posts) -

No, although both were solid.

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (26418 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Both of these games you can complete without killing fellow human beings. Bosses don't count.

By that logic MGS, SC and a myriad of other games should be on that list XD.

But I think Deus Ex is one of the better ones yes.

#35 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@ uninspiredcup

Blacklisted has strategic freedom, you can go in quiet or go in loud.

#36 Posted by GhoX (4679 posts) -

Mark of the Ninja, Hitman Absolution and Splinter Cell Blacklist are very good too. Blacklist especially made tons of improvements over the shooter that was Conviction.

#37 Posted by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@mems_1224 said:

Blacklist>both

You obviously didn't play Blacklist then. What you credited DE and Dishonored with, Blacklist does as well. Its up to you how you want to play, and there are pluses for "ghosting".

#38 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

LOL @ PPL saying blacklist. Its an ACtion game that market as stealth game.

Deus Ex HR market as action RPG/FPS hybrid yet it has better stealth than new splinter cells, metal gears. splinter cell has been bad since CT.

out of those Dishonored is best stealth game this gen. but still its not pure gen. such a terrible generation...

#39 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

Deus Ex: HR was the only game until Blacklist that had enemies aware of the fact doors have been opened. To me, Dishonored and Deus Ex: HR have been not only one of the best stealth games this gen but also one of the best games overall.

#40 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@ SNIPER4321

I wonder if people bother arguing with you anymore.....

#41 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I voted yes but to be honest I don't really consider either games as pure stealth. They are, however, two of the best games this gen by far but I think some of the appeal is that they offer the player a freedom of choice that other games don't. You're free to play through pure stealth or go all guns blazing. Especially with the DE:HR directors cut meaning you can stealth kill the bosses. Dishonored even offers two distinct endings to reward your play style.

Both fantastic games.

#42 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (964 posts) -

I got bored of DX:HR, need to give it another go, but too many great games to play. My personal favorite, and everyone will laugh, is Far Cry 2. No detection meters, no hand holding, completely open world, and like in a real situation being stealthy is very difficult as you need to get headshots to prevent them from screaming and the AI can see beyond 5 ft unlike in most games. I enjoyed the challenge, the immersion, and the tension, you really have to trust your instincts, because 1 wrong move and it's over.

#43 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@ pl4yer_f0und

Is this another Dark/Demon Souls type of thing where its harder because its designed poorly ?

Just checking

#44 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I got bored of DX:HR, need to give it another go, but too many great games to play. My personal favorite, and everyone will laugh, is Far Cry 2. No detection meters, no hand holding, completely open world, and like in a real situation being stealthy is very difficult as you need to get headshots to prevent them from screaming and the AI can see beyond 5 ft unlike in most games. I enjoyed the challenge, the immersion, and the tension, you really have to trust your instincts, because 1 wrong move and it's over.

I enjoyed FC2 for a short while but the respawning enemies, malaria medication stuff and enemies ability to spot me crouched in tall grass from 100m away and headshot me every time put me off. FC3 is just leaps and bounds above it's predecessor IMHO.

DE:HR is a masterpiece. I'd recommend going back to it. First time I played it I got as far as Sarif industries then quit. I went back to it 3 months later and boy was I surprised. Once it becomes open world it is a fabulous experience unsurpassed this gen.

#45 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@ZimpanX said:

While I love DX:HR I think Mark of the Ninja does stealth better.

Pretty much what I came here to say.

#46 Posted by cfisher2833 (1548 posts) -

Mark of the Ninja was by far the best stealth game. Blacklist pales in comparison to Chaos Theory. Human Revolution was good, but it was the sum of all parts that made it good; its stealth is average at best. Dishonored was waaayyy too easy, and thus falls short as a stealth game. Oh, and Hitman Absolution is utter trash that shouldn't even be mentioned.

#47 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@ cfisher2833

I believe this is for you:

www.cracked.com/blog/4-awful-things-were-now-considering-nerd-behavior/

#48 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

Nope. Mark of the Ninja wins

I was going to bring that up as well

#49 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

My personal favourite is Splinter Cell Blacklist, such a great game. So many people would rather just bad mouth it then just sit down and play it and enjoy it. But then again, that's true for so many games.

#50 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6273 posts) -

I will give you this TC: the picks you made are both really good contenders.

I would like to add splinter cell and Hitman: absolution to the list with no conditions, and then Mark of the Ninja as the stealth surprise.

Now there is one Glarring omission here which I feel should be mentioned, that would be near All bethesda RPGs this gen, and while I may catch flak for it, I think the stealth in Skyrim and FO3 rivals alot of the stealth in most other games. So I would place those on the list aswell.

Now let us just hope that Thief (you know... the stealth master of games) has not gotten its name tarnished with this latest release it is getting.