happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

So I just realized that in order to access 1/2 part of a game you already paid for, you have to pay another 60$per year. I don't understand how this kind of business model is even successful. I guess it's easy to fool consumers now days.

And on top of that you can build a much powerful PC for a cheaper price in the long run.

Why are consoles even relevant anymore?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

because no one wants to hook up a fugly ass tower to their TV. Shit most people don't even want a fugly ass tower at all. Why do you think valve is making maneuvers to make their own bootleg console?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

...yeah, this will go well

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Another PC is superior to consoles so why game on consoles thread? Oh joy!

Live and PSN provide more than just the ability to play the online multiplayer portion of a given game

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

because no one wants to hook up a fugly ass tower to their TV. Shit most people don't even want a fugly ass tower at all. Why do you think valve is making maneuvers to make their own bootleg console?

lol htpc

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lostrib

@R3FURBISHED said:

Live and PSN provide more than just the ability to play the online multiplayer portion of a given game

Advertisements?

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 happyduds77

@R3FURBISHED said:

But that doesn't justify the fact that they're forced.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R3FURBISHED

@happyduds77 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Its the same with every offered service - if people can justify the price they will pay it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lostrib

@happyduds77 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

They gotta pay for all those servers some how

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

So basically some PC gamers wonder why console manufacturers charge for some online features while at the same time claiming that console games cost too much and that console online features aren't robust enough...

Run-on sentence aside, let's say that consoles improved the online services to near PC levels while dropping console games $10 to PC levels and simultaneously doing away with charging for PSN and XBL.

That sounds like a better business strategy to you? You think we have a lot of ads now?

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By happyduds77

@Spartan070 said:

So basically some PC gamers wonder why console manufacturers charge for some online features while at the same time claiming that console games cost too much and that console online features aren't robust enough...

Run-on sentence aside, let's say that consoles improved the online services to near PC levels while dropping console games $10 to PC levels and simultaneously doing away with charging for PSN and XBL.

That sounds like a better business strategy to you? You think we have a lot of ads now?

I really don't care what is the best business strategy for the console manufactures. They will do whatever possible to generate as much money as they can. I am just wondering why consumers buy these systems when they are given a better option.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

^ what the ****

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

@stationplay_4 said:

^ what the ****

It was happening a lot earlier. Account suicide or someone is throwing a tantrum

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

what the fuk^

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol htpc

lol ikr, plus if its so ugly than hide it or don't get it. Peasants gonna be peasants, jk.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 happyduds77

@R3FURBISHED said:

@happyduds77 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Its the same with every offered service - if people can justify the price they will pay it.

Like?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spartan070

@happyduds77 said:

@Spartan070 said:

I really don't care what is the best business strategy for the console manufactures. They will do whatever possible to generate as much money as they can. I am just wondering why consumers buy these systems when they are given a better option.

The games. :/

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 happyduds77

@Spartan070 said:

@happyduds77 said:

@Spartan070 said:

So you're saying it's worth spending over 500$ for a console just for a couple of games or more?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Spartan070

@happyduds77 said:

@Spartan070 said:

@happyduds77 said:

So you're saying it's worth spending over 500$ for a console just for a couple of games or more?

It's more than a couple, I can't remember buying a console where the exclusives alone weren't worth the price of admission by the end of that gen.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Because this is America. People dont give 2 flying shits about what is good or a value....

They just want convenient.

#fact

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

If it wasn't because of sony and nintendos awesome exclusives, ill get all my games on pc only

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts
@dxmcat said:

Because this is America. People dont give 2 flying shits about what is good or a value....

They just want convenient.

#fact

Well it is kind of inconvenient to wait years for emulators to finally be able to play my favorite games at an acceptable level.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Because it cost money to maintain the servers up... the constant complaint about Sony's horrible servers for the PS3 and the slow ass downloads for things + the success of the Xbox live got them to the Pay for service motto. Is either pay 60 dollars a year or watch a shit ton of adds for everything.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

It really does irk the pc crowd that consoles are off to record breaking start this gen. Once again, they will be getting the most game of the year exclusives, while the pc boys have to settle for last place again, and begging for ports of console games.

And if you are successful, like myself, you don't need to constantly resort to sales to purchase your games, and paying for online makes no difference either.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Pray_to_me: Did you just say Steam Machines are consoles? I promise you my NZXT H440 is 10x more visiually striking than your PS4/VCR

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 melonfarmerz

@xboxdone74: "And if you are successful, like myself, you don't need to constantly resort to sales to purchase your games, and paying for online makes no difference either."

This again? Oh my god I can't tell if you're a kid or not. What kind of adult refers to themselves as "successful"? And 10 bucks says you're not because anyone with money and common sense gets a PC. If you really want to do this, why don't we compare what we do?

Also, ya consoles are having record braking sales but they should be, since the game market is growing. Would you should do, however, is look at Steam and PC part stats. That growth blows consoles away

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@happyduds77 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Like?

Amazon Instant Video

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 melonfarmerz

@R3FURBISHED: "if people can justify the price they will pay for it".

More like "if people are forced to pay for something, they will try to justify the price so they don't feel scammed."

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Why consoles are a rip off

• can not customize or upgrade. You will end up chugging along at 12 fps at sub HD by the gens end.
  • inferior online, yet you have to pay monthly for it. few dedicated servers, no mods, no competative factor, terrible all around.
  • less good+ games than PC, which are also more expensive yet shorter (2-3 hour movie games)
  • longer install times than PC, long patch cycles, no bug fixing, disc scratching, rrod, etc
  • less control types per games
  • less genres
  • worst version of multiplats which are for some reason more expensive.

Truly one of lifes biggest rip offs. It should be illegal.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

It really does irk the pc crowd that consoles are off to record breaking start this gen. Once again, they will be getting the most game of the year exclusives, while the pc boys have to settle for last place again, and begging for ports of console games.

And if you are successful, like myself, you don't need to constantly resort to sales to purchase your games, and paying for online makes no difference either.

Your insecurity is showing again

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

They're garbage. Hopefully Valve and their Steamboxes show everyone the advantages of open standard hardware, and not having to run 2013 era mid-range hardware for 10 years straight.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

Dude....really? I've seen you say repeat that same phrase about how "successful" you are at least 4 times now. No "real" successful adult needs that much validation. Personally, I never hate on anyone's success, but judging by your post history, you're clearly nothing more than a petty troll. Thanks for the laughs though. You're dangerously starting to sound a lot like uninspiredcup.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

Successful at getting owned at forums? Yup, you're pretty good at that task, must say.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

I think consoles are inferior to pc when it comes to online games... But those playstation exclusives though...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

@lostrib said:

@happyduds77 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

They gotta pay for all those servers some how

Ah yes, all those P2P servers need to be paid for somehow.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

So I just realized that in order to access 1/2 part of a game you already paid for, you have to pay another 60$per year. I don't understand how this kind of business model is even successful. I guess it's easy to fool consumers now days.

What are some of the games that have this problem?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

PS Plus is $50 a year and often times you can get it cheaper that that. They also give you games. Why do PC people bitch about that when many spend a crap load of money on hardware and keeping it up to date. Boggles my mind.. Not to mention that PC introduced subscription based model i.e. World of Warcraft

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Games. Friends.

Not the fact that there are people that don't care about better performing multiplats, mods, and the other positives about PC gaming. It's something some of you have yet to realize.

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

And on top of that you can build a much powerful PC for a cheaper price in the long run.

Why are consoles even relevant anymore?

I don't know which company(ies) you are referring to, but my guess is that there are a lot of mindless consumers who make that kind of business model successful. You can't really blame the company. They are just out there to make money. Blame the consumers who advocate such practices by purchasing such products.

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Games. Friends.

Not the fact that there are people that don't care about better performing multiplats, mods, and the other positives about PC gaming. It's something some of you have yet to realize.

No they all just care about resolution and ROPs, apparently.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Bikouchu35 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol htpc

lol ikr, plus if its so ugly than hide it or don't get it. Peasants gonna be peasants, jk.

I don't know...I'd wager most if not all console owners have a PC....but all or most PC owners don't have a console. Seems the peasant is the opposite what you espouse.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

PS Plus is $50 a year and often times you can get it cheaper that that. They also give you games. Why do PC people bitch about that when many spend a crap load of money on hardware and keeping it up to date. Boggles my mind.. Not to mention that PC introduced subscription based model i.e. World of Warcraft

Aaand we come to the root of the problem - World of Warcraft.

Cheers WoW, first you take my friends never to be seen again, then you make subscriptions in gaming the norm... :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Why consoles are a rip off

• can not customize or upgrade. You will end up chugging along at 12 fps at sub HD by the gens end.
  • inferior online, yet you have to pay monthly for it. few dedicated servers, no mods, no competative factor, terrible all around.
  • less good+ games than PC, which are also more expensive yet shorter (2-3 hour movie games)
  • longer install times than PC, long patch cycles, no bug fixing, disc scratching, rrod, etc
  • less control types per games
  • less genres
  • worst version of multiplats which are for some reason more expensive.

Truly one of lifes biggest rip offs. It should be illegal.

I don't think you have clue one why people choose a game console.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Another hermit whining about consoles being on top of gaming. Just enjoy your rig and don't worry about how the rest of us play our games.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@lostrib: my success is showing, my son. While relying on sales, shows your failure. B-)

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#48  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Another one of those threads...

I'm assuming you're talking about Xbox Live and Playstation Plus. My Wii U doesn't require a yearly subscription to play online. Yes, it's still a console regardless of anyone's interpretation of what a "real" console is. You get some benefits from Xbox Live and Playstation Plus, such as free games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

The thing I don't get about Valve is why do they wana make a console ?

Wouldn't it be way more revolutionary if the worked on Remote Access ? Imagine being able to use your PC through your Television. You could then get a controller and have the console experience on on your PC through your TV.

I'm sure theres already hard ware that allows you to stream whatever is on your pc screen to your TV... All they have to do is add some form of long distance control, not just for gaming but booting and shutting down and other features like that.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

well I could build a pretty good looking micro ATX powerful machine right now if I wanted to and stick it under my tv.. for around $500 bucks..

Consoles are just convenient. If people did some research and simply built a gaming machine themselves they could easily out do these consoles.