Are console users still waiting for proper "next gen" game?

• 111 results
Posted by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) 4 months, 4 days ago

Poll: Are console users still waiting for proper "next gen" game? (76 votes)

Yes 55%
No 29%
Rocky 5 wasn't that bad 16%

My friends, many people awed by watchdogs, the graphics, the idea of hacking in an interconnected world.

The promise was hell, was this truly a next generation experience?

It appears the answer was, no.

It been well over a year now. Has the Xbox One or Playstation 4 actually had any proper leap forward next generation titles? Graphics wise, none are, PC has been at this level and above for a long time. Game play wise? Just seems like more of the same to me, but I require your highly sought after opinions.

#1 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3716 posts) -

Your threads seem uninspired.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29737 posts) -

Well over a year?

They launched just 6 months ago

#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Well over a year?

Launched. They came into fruition, with games in development, well before this.

In factoid, Watchdogs we more than a year. Probably.

#4 Edited by MonsieurX (29737 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Well over a year?

And you expected a third party game to show super-duper amazing graphics?

#5 Edited by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

My friend I voted for yes, but that's just my opinion.

On the note you bring up (which is excellent and thought provoking) due to a thing called "greed" and "money give" most third party titles will be developed with PS3/XboxOne in mind as well. Crippling ambitions.

#6 Edited by lglz1337 (3232 posts) -

well over a year now LOL

#7 Posted by 2Chalupas (5027 posts) -

Next gen compared to a max PC? LOL.Impossible, since PC is constantly evolving.

Next gen graphics compared to PS3/360? Something like Infamous, which was blatantly not possible on last gen... and put it on par with some nice PC games. Clearly this is a "next gen" title - albeit the gameplay is not much different than open world games we have already had.

The fact that "gameplay" is more of the same, really has nothing to do with the consoles themselves. It's because developers tend to follow a formula and stick with it for awhile, until something new comes along and sets a standard, then developers rush in to try and copy that - rather than create their own.

#8 Edited by IgGy621985 (4659 posts) -

Infamous SS looks pretty damn good. Too bad it plays like shit (imho). But that's about the most next-genish you're gonna get on consoles right now.

#9 Edited by gameofthering (10153 posts) -

I'm waiting till I see more of Batman Arkham Knight (Gameplay at E3). Hopefully it will be a large jump.

#10 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

Not really, as I don't think everything has to reinvent the wheel just because it is on a new generation of hardware. If it looks fun to me, then I'm interested... period. As for what game stands out the most, I would have to say that Sunset Overdrive is the most exciting 'next-gen only' game that I have seen so far. I should have my Xbox One by the time it releases and I can't wait.

#11 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

I'm waiting for a proper thread from you.

#12 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10614 posts) -

Do gamers even stop and think what exactly is meant by "Next-Gen" ?

No, ofcourse not... What a stupid question.

LOL @ "The Next-Gen" experience.

Gamers are so gullible and stupid... Its almost sad..... Almost ! :p

#13 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7262 posts) -

A 'proper next gen game' is extremely subjective. I suppose they could be waiting, depending on their interpretation.

#14 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2689 posts) -

Next gen compared to a max PC? LOL.Impossible, since PC is constantly evolving.

Next gen graphics compared to PS3/360? Something like Infamous, which was blatantly not possible on last gen... and put it on par with some nice PC games. Clearly this is a "next gen" title - albeit the gameplay is not much different than open world games we have already had.

The fact that "gameplay" is more of the same, really has nothing to do with the consoles themselves. It's because developers tend to follow a formula and stick with it for awhile, until something new comes along and sets a standard, then developers rush in to try and copy that - rather than create their own.

Good post my friend .

#15 Posted by farrell2k (5824 posts) -

Anyone expecting a big jump from last gen is completely fooling themselves. PC ports on high end systems look only marginally better than the best 360 and PS3 games. Expecting even weaker "next gen" console hardware to be much better is just plain stupid.

#16 Edited by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

Just saw Watchdogs on my brothers PS4 compared to my pc. it seems my pc is really good and alot better, about half a generation ahead. And these things will be around for 7-8 years, so multiple generations ahead by the end of it.

#17 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Funny cuz it's PC that's still waiting for a game that isn't a 7th gen console port sorry hermits.

#18 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4835 posts) -

Rocky 5 sucks.

I'm just waiting for some proper awesome games. Hopefully E3 will shed some light on those.

#19 Edited by Jankarcop (9140 posts) -

Funny cuz it's PC that's still waiting for a game that isn't a 7th gen console port sorry hermits.

That all happen to be better on PC. Which is most games.

#20 Edited by TheFadeForever (1710 posts) -

Yea keep telling yourself that oh btw there are console command to remove hud in crysis 3 lol

@Pray_to_me said:

#21 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1581 posts) -

Graphics wise, which is what teh TC is talking about, Crysis 3 is still ahead of any unmodded title and will probably stay that way until Crysis 4, or maybe The Wicther 3.

The most potent graphical games are always on PC.

#22 Edited by Motokid6 (5340 posts) -

Watchdogs may have the best water I've seen in a video game. I love how they got the green color you get when the sun hits it. Beautiful.

#23 Edited by aroxx_ab (9313 posts) -

Infamous 2nd Son is my first real "next gen" game

#24 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4521 posts) -

i dunno. consolites seem pretty happy with their games so far.

would be nice if there were more of them. to get my money, there's got to be more games.

#25 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -

Such a boring posting gimmick.

#26 Edited by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

i dunno. consolites seem pretty happy with their games so far.

would be nice if there were more of them. to get my money, there's got to be more games.

The great thing about pc. essentially "HD" update games (as console Publishers would call it) to scale them up and beyond the visuals of PS4/XboxOne. So while the pc shares the catalog of current generation games, titles that looked mediocre at the time (for example Skyrim) can be scaled well, well above something like Second Son. It's quite an amazing feat.

Such a boring posting gimmick.

Micheal, you're getting personal. I've told you about this. It's just a forum.

#27 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Nope. Are pc gamers still waiting for gta 5?

#28 Posted by lundy86_4 (43065 posts) -

uninspired thread.

#29 Posted by melonfarmerz (1132 posts) -

No because most PC gamers have a console that they use for the odd 1 or 2 exclusives every year that you brag so much about. Too bad it doesn't go both ways though, since you obviously don't have a PC, yet insist on constantly talking shit about it.

#30 Edited by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@amazonangry said:

No because most PC gamers have a console that they use for the odd 1 or 2 exclusives every year that you brag so much about. Too bad it doesn't go both ways though, since you obviously don't have a PC, yet insist on constantly talking shit about it.

My friend, this... basically just a big long explanation for "we know Rockstar have delayed it long term, or permanently, because of piracy but we don't want to admit it".

Please pc gamers.. no big rant about why and how it's a big conspiracy and not how it's all actually a mistake and not really how the world works.

#31 Posted by melonfarmerz (1132 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@amazonangry said:

My friend, this... basically just a big long explanation for "we know Rockstar have delayed it long term, or permanently, because of piracy but we don't want to admit it".

Please pc gamers.. no big rant about why and how it's a big conspiracy and not how it's all actually a mistake and not really how the world works.

Wait what? You literally make an anti console thread and in it, you make anti PC comments. Do you even play games?

And ok ok sure. And what part of my comment did I EVER say that GTA was going to come to PC? I simply said "just because I like PC more doesn't mean I don't play console games". I want you to tell me what part of my comment even remotely connects to being a "big long explanation for "we know Rockstar have delayed it long term, or permanently, because of piracy but we don't want to admit it". Did I ever say GTA was coming? LOL what are you even doing man? You're all over the place and your reply to my comment doesn't apply to mine at all...

Do you want me to post a pic of my copy of GTA V or something?

#32 Edited by AM-Gamer (3679 posts) -

@deadline-zero0: meh not really. I'm so tired of hearing this Shit as it's from pc gamers who haven't touched a PS4. Waiting for a next gen game? It was called Infamous SS and it is the best looking open world game, PERIOD.

#33 Posted by lundy86_4 (43065 posts) -

I'm not sure that made sense. It would imply that GTAV is next-gen.

#34 Posted by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

My friend, a last generation title on pc can quite happily reach or bypass the visual fidelity of "next gen". No console title on either the XboxOne or PS4 currently matches Crysis 3. In video gaming, this is called "scaling".

I can explain this further if you still do not understand.

#35 Posted by lundy86_4 (43065 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@amazonangry said:

My friend, a last generation title on pc can quite happily reach or bypass the visual fidelity of "next gen". No console title on either the XboxOne or PS4 currently matches Crysis 3. In video gaming, this is called "scaling".

uninspired, i'm gonna ask you to walk away and stop talking.

#36 Edited by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@amazonangry said:

uninspired, i'm gonna ask you to walk away and stop talking.

My friend, you're letting pride and arrogance override logic.

Education is good. To ignore it purely on the basis of "oh er, I'm wrong" is somewhat juvenile.

#37 Posted by lundy86_4 (43065 posts) -

I'm not even interested in the relevance of your point, if you deemed there was any... Friend.

#38 Posted by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I'm not even interested in the relevance of your point, if you deemed there was any... Friend.

Pride and arrogance. Such a blinding and powerful impulse.

I climbed over that many years ago (it was easy) when I was a young man. I hope you too, one day, can get over yourself.

#39 Edited by CroidX (1016 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: meh not really. I'm so tired of hearing this Shit as it's from pc gamers who haven't touched a PS4. Waiting for a next gen game? It was called Infamous SS and it is the best looking open world game, PERIOD.

lol coming from a guy who thought Second Son look better than Crysis 3

#40 Posted by kinectthedots (1634 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Crysis 3 isn't open world BONK!

#41 Posted by uninspiredcup (8013 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@AM-Gamer said:

More effects and taxing things are still happening in Crysis, irrelevant.

#42 Posted by BigBadBully (576 posts) -

I'm still waiting, I've had fun with Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall. NHL 15 is what I'm waiting for, I feel it will be the start of what PS4/Xbox One can bring to the table.

#43 Edited by CroidX (1016 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@CroidX said:

@AM-Gamer said:

No duh apparently AM-Gamer though ISS was the best looking game period regardless if it was open world not too long ago.

#44 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Yea keep telling yourself that oh btw there are console command to remove hud in crysis 3 lol

@Pray_to_me said:

That supposed to impress? lol shit looks mad last gen. Plus it's linear too rofl!

#45 Posted by sonic_spark (4601 posts) -

Rocky V is good, severely underrated. Although the rare director's cut is superior.

Until Nintendo gives me Zelda and a true 3D Mario I won't purchase a Wii U. I want Halo 5, but the price point of the XB1 is just too much. And the PS4 I want God of War 4, but that won't be enough to justify the purchase. Of course, these are all based on my particular game taste.

So I'll do what I did last gen. Wait until the libraries have some of the mainstay's in place, a price drop, then I'll purchase. I own all 3 last-gen now, won't be surprised if I own all 3 again.

Of all 3 I'm guaranteed to buy a Wii U. I need my Nintendo fix.

#46 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Well over a year?

In another factoid, Ubisoft showed off an awesome gameplay demo and the internet hyped the game beyond belief. But the realization came that Watch Dogs is just a game and not the second coming of Christ, and gamers started blaming the game developer for making just a game.

#47 Posted by santoron (7702 posts) -

Lay off the sauce.

#48 Edited by TheFadeForever (1710 posts) -
@Pray_to_me said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Pray_to_me said:

That supposed to impress? lol shit looks mad last gen. Plus it's linear too rofl!

Yet you called KZSF next gen looking

oh look ISS posted by fellow own cow

#49 Edited by CroidX (1016 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:
@Pray_to_me said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Yet you called KZSF next gen looking

It pointless trying to argue with him he apparently thinks ISS looks better than this and cried that it was some modded bullshot. He usually ends up doing some lame trolling attempt .

#50 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4077 posts) -

Not really expecting a whole lot more from these consoles. In terms of graphics, don't expect significant gains down the line, in terms of CPU usage, you might see some moderately more interesting physics and ai.