Are best games in history always been multipats?

• 87 results
Edited 3 months, 27 days ago

Poll: Are best games in history always been multipats? (56 votes)

Multiplat 29%
PC only 18%
console Only 54%

So ppls, i sit on chair. and think and look back at history and bieng PC only gamer. i came to the conclusion that indeed most of best games are multiplats.

even best PC games like half life and deus ex 1 are multiplat as well. even though they were design for PC in mind.

so your fav game belong in which category?

#51 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

I'm not seeing much proof.

oh common my dearest friend, it indeed is proof.

i could not play QTE movie game. i want to play my self

i couldnot play childish mario. i rather play badass Deus Ex. and yes i have played mario galaxy. and im not denying that its not good game. its quality game. not my type. not suit to my taste. but id say its by far best console first party exclusive last gen.

Cover and regen health are worse thing happen to gaming industry.

#52 Posted by Krelian-co (10215 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

i couldnot play childish mario. i rather play badass Deus Ex. and yes i have played mario galaxy. and im not denying that its not good game. its quality game. not my type. not suit to my taste. but id say its by far best console first party exclusive last gen.

Cover and regen health are worse thing happen to gaming industry.

the real question here is: who gives a fuk what you think? You are wrong, period.

#55 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9507 posts) -

Well, Sony and Nintendo have a lot of great exclusives.

#56 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6562 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Russian shooters and crappy troll threads are worse thing happen to gaming industry.

Fixed.

#57 Edited by Wasdie (49540 posts) -

The best games always end up on multiple platforms even if they started out exclusive. Good games have continue value throughout their lives, even old games. Ports and HD remakes are a great way to keep a highly rated game valuable and profitable.

Give a game enough time and it will be ported/remade for new systems.

#58 Posted by Pray_to_me (2793 posts) -

No, most of them have been Nintendo or Sony exclusive.

boom end thread.

#59 Edited by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

Depends on who you ask. Personally, I'd go with console.

Castlevania: SOTN

Metroid Prime/Echoes

SuperMetroid

Chrono Chross

Xenogears/Xenosaga trilogy

etc...

#60 Posted by Priapus10101 (67 posts) -

I personally think the best single player games are generally console exclusives, mostly coming from Nintendo. Conversely, the best multiplayer games are generally PC exclusives.

#61 Posted by jake44 (1928 posts) -

No, most of them have been Nintendo or Sony exclusive.

A few on PC as well

#62 Posted by OhSnapitz (18017 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

lol

So you "schooling me" is nothing more than you (some random forum poster) stating your OPINION of GSs (paid journalists) GOTY nominations. Agree or not.. these individuals entire job consists of playing and analyzing games. Some of whom actually worked on games at some point in their careers. They visit trade shows, interview developers, and provide valuable feedback about our hobby. I will put more stock in their opinions, than that of someone named "lulu" posting on one of THEIR forums.

As for sales.. If a product is selling well (regardless of your opinion about said product), there's a demand for it. Those who are purchasing that product are finding value in it.. regardless of your opinion. Thus... "millions of gamers disagree with you"

You've said absolutely nothing to refute my previous comments. So could you please put back on your leather helmet... it's for you own safety. Thank you.

#63 Posted by commonfate (12094 posts) -

No... Nintendo exclusives, Japanese third-party exclusives, some handheld games and most PC strategy games are all exclusive to one platform.

Resident Evil 4 and Portal/Portal 2 are the only ones that come to mind when I think of greatest games of all time.... unless you start counting stuff like Shadow of the Colossus collection as multiplat.

#64 Edited by STEAMSBL0WSSAX (80 posts) -

Quake 2 internet gameplay is still pc exclusive here ill tell you why.

The only true pc to console port of quake 2 is included with the launch copies of the xbox360 version of quake 4.

Quake 2 game supports 4 player splitscreen on xbox360,but it has no 64 player online support like the pc and the texture quality is shit compared to the pc version and it takes longer to load than the pc.

Xbox360 version has 4 player splitscreen support one advantage over the pc version,,but whats more useful all around? ''ONLINE PLAY''

Quake 2 having online gameplay is pc exclusive and it's one of the best online games ever.....so yes exclusives are better.

#65 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Biased polls, dozens of consoles vs PC

#66 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Halo Reach, Gears of War 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Melee, DOA Xtreme 2, Fable II, Super Mario Galaxy. I could go on.

just for last gen.

Deus Ex HR, Crysis, HL2 EP2, TF2, Metro 2033/lastlight, Dishonored. are better. i could go on

for console exclusive side only one i enjoyed was Red Dead.

Crysis??? You are really gonna put Crysis as one of the best games?

I didnt play Metro 2033, but Last Light was an ok game, nothing great about it and did nothing spectacular or close to it. The story for that game was horrendous and a headache cuz you couldnt skip when they where talking all that nonsense. It just had some nice gun play, but AI and AI reactions were generic as heck. Shooting at enemies or monsters had the same impact as shooting at a cardboard cut-out. Not to mention it was kind of an ugly game. Resistance 3 was way better

Halo Reach or Gears 3 should not even be in the top 30 games of last gen (Gears 1, yes, but not 3).

And side note, I was hyped for RDR, bought day one.............. i was felt letdown by the game. I played it once, tried the multiplayer only 3 times (the multiplayer was what i was most hyped for and believe it was going to revolutionize multiplayer games) it sucked balls and down right the worst multiplayer game I've ever played. RDR to me was a lame, boring and kind of a crappy game. I give it a 6/10. Never understood how and why so many people loved that game or found it so emotional. That death scene was so dumb and stale, i was actually happy cuz I thought the game was finally over.

#67 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

What is so great about nintendo franchises?

#68 Edited by happyduds77 (1433 posts) -

Multiplats and Nintendo

#69 Edited by happyduds77 (1433 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Halo Reach, Gears of War 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Melee, DOA Xtreme 2, Fable II, Super Mario Galaxy. I could go on.

Gears of war 3, Halo Reach and Fable 2 are average at best.

#70 Edited by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

I think it's been shifting towards multiplats having the edge since last gen, but before that it was almost always about the exclusives.

#71 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2706 posts) -

When TLOU releases on PS4 are we counting it as multiplat?

#72 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Crysis??? You are really gonna put Crysis as one of the best games?

I

Yes. Crysis 1. not its crappy sequels but original 2007 Crysis.

one of the all time greatest. 4 suit powers using and tackling was so much fun.

#73 Posted by CTR360 (6923 posts) -

console only for me

#75 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

Uncharted - Sony exclusive

Last of Us - Sony exclusive

Crash - Sony exclusive

Mario - Nintendo exclusive

Pokemon series - Nintendo exclusive

Forza - Microsoft exclusive

God of War - Sony exclusive

but I guess it all depends by your own opinion in what is "best" games are

#79 Edited by aroxx_ab (9204 posts) -

Super Metroid

Zelda Link to the past

Zelda Ocarina of time

The 3 best games of all times and they are Nintendo exclusives

#80 Posted by blamix (192 posts) -

The best games are on playstation and nintendo, theres also a few on PC.

#81 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9722 posts) -

@ SNIPER4321

Nintendo is about Co-op.... And nothing Beats co-op.

Ofcourse people who have no real friends will find no value in this.

#82 Posted by AdobeArtist (22787 posts) -

I would say the majority of the best games of the 7th gen were multiplatform.

Mass Effect trilogy
Dragon Age
Tomb Raider
Batman Arkham
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Skyrim
Red Dead Redemption
GTA 4 and 5

#83 Posted by clyde46 (43957 posts) -

Mulitplat are the best games, however there are a few stand out exclusives that really shine. TLOU comes to mind.

#84 Posted by AdobeArtist (22787 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Mulitplat are the best games, however there are a few stand out exclusives that really shine. TLOU comes to mind.

Of course there were always be stand out titles that are exclusive. But multiplats win by sheer volume, and I do mean having both quantity and quality.

#85 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

best game of last gen was Stalker without a doubt. so yes multiplat and PC exclusive make best games of last gen.

of course for console point of view. RDR was best console game of last gen.

#86 Posted by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

best game of last gen was Stalker without a doubt. so yes multiplat and PC exclusive make best games of last gen.

of course for console point of view. RDR was best console game of last gen.

Said no one ever except you

#87 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

thats make me more cool since my fav is that some ppls never heard of.

PS. lot of PC gamers think Stalker was indeed best game of last gen.

#88 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3347 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Gears of war 3, Halo Reach and Fable 2 are average at best.

Cool opinion.

#89 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@SNIPER4321: "A lot of PC gamers" = you and uninspiredcup. Aka the same person.

#90 Posted by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

PS. lot of PC gamers think Stalker was indeed best game of last gen.

Nope,makes you an hipster

#91 Posted by AdobeArtist (22787 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Everybody is plenty aware of Stalker.

#93 Posted by joel_c17 (2815 posts) -

Last of Us is on ps3

#94 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

Only Herms and Lemmings say that. Why? Because most (if not all) of their best games go multiplat.

^ ^ This.

Sony and Nintendo are the only companies that have released the top 5 GOAT as exclusive titles (Sony having the 2 of the top 5 GOAT release in the past 5 years is unprecedented though). Lems and Hermits don't have such a legacy on their platforms of choice so of course they'd want to believe that the best games are multiplats. It's all a damage control mechanism for them.

#95 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

Only Herms and Lemmings say that. Why? Because most (if not all) of their best games go multiplat.

^ ^ This.

Sony and Nintendo are the only companies that have released the top 5 GOAT as exclusive titles (Sony having the 2 of the top 5 GOAT release in the past 5 years is unprecedented though). Lems and Hermits don't have such a legacy on their platforms of choice so of course they'd want to believe that the best games are multiplats. It's all a damage control mechanism for them.

wrong. none of console exclusive i find interesting.

i mean u mention sony and nintendo. nintendo mostly make childish games. and sony first party games never been interesting. uncharted? killzone? lol no

by mutlipat i mean PC centric games. Half life is PC game that is avaliable on console.