April 2015 NPD results (Xbox#1, 187k, 3ds 116k, Wiiu 43k.)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: At least PS3 had a late release as an excuse for sales, and PS3 won in the end anyway. PS4 and Xbox One launched basically the same time,MS is flat out getting crushed in sales. Nice to see you care about NPD again though.

it did?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

As support dwindles for the 360, there will be a massive increase in Xbox One sales. The problem is, a lot of gamers are either still content with playing Gears or there are newcomers enjoying the 360 experience. It's hard to outdo a console that dominated a gen.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

@XboxStache: Just like the ps2 and snes did for the ps3 and n64... oh wait

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@XboxStache said:

As support dwindles for the 360, there will be a massive increase in Xbox One sales. The problem is, a lot of gamers are either still content with playing Gears or there are newcomers enjoying the 360 experience. It's hard to outdo a console that dominated a gen.

No kidding. It's going to be tough getting all those Wii owners.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Those Wii owners have gone mobile and tablet. LOL @ you if you actually think the 360 dominated last gen.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@quadknight said:
@XboxStache said:

Those Wii owners have gone mobile and tablet. LOL @ you if you actually think the 360 dominated last gen.

It did dominate the core console market. It was the default system that reviewers reviewed their games on just like PS4 is this gen. That's why TW3 reviews are of the PS4 version despite Xbox marketing.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Zero_epyon

@bobrossperm said:
@quadknight said:
@XboxStache said:

It did dominate the core console market. It was the default system that reviewers reviewed their games on just like PS4 is this gen. That's why TW3 reviews are of the PS4 version despite Xbox marketing.

Too bad the context was sales, not perception of power or popularity.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 XboxStache

@neo418 said:

@XboxStache: Just like the ps2 and snes did for the ps3 and n64... oh wait

lol.

@quadknight said:
@XboxStache said:

Nice to know you have a quirky sense of humor. Wii having an insane amount of sales says absolutely nothing about it having so much shovelware; and I was a guy that bought the Wii and tried to see the better half of it. Sorry, SMG1-2, DKCR and Zelda were not reason enough to call it revolutionary nor a dominant console. That's about as reasonable as saying COD's the best shooter on the market. In the end, stable online experience, AAA's, a firm grasp on third party and an ergonomic controller alongside an achievements system and so on trumps.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 XboxStache

@Zero_epyon: So, the Wii was the lead platform?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Zero_epyon

@XboxStache said:

@Zero_epyon: So, the Wii was the lead platform?

In what context? In sales, there's no question. It sold more than PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. In terms of development, no. That switched around between PC, PS3 and Xbox, where Xbox was often chosen.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#211 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@getyeryayasout said:

Why make another thread? Seems desperate.

LOL, reaching far out there aren't you?

There's something wrong with you.

Because theres nothing wrong with making assumptions about why People would make a second thread right?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 XboxStache

@Zero_epyon: Being the lead platform has more to do with ease of development than actual sales. Sales are simply profit for the big 3. I'll credit Wii with selling an insane amount of consoles despite it not having RDR, Bioshock, Fallout or any of the AAA third party games...that's a helluva feat.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#213 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@XboxStache said:

The Wii dominated a gen. The Xbox 360 came in distant second place.

I'm glad I could clear that up for you, it seems to be a common mistake around here.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Zero_epyon

@XboxStache said:

@Zero_epyon: Being the lead platform has more to do with ease of development than actual sales. Sales are simply profit for the big 3. I'll credit Wii with selling an insane amount of consoles despite it not having RDR, Bioshock, Fallout or any of the AAA third party games...that's a helluva feat.

Well the conversation was about sales, not ease of development. Not sure what they have to do with each other.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By XboxStache

@Zero_epyon: Whatever.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Zero_epyon

@XboxStache said:

@Zero_epyon: Whatever.

Meh...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:
@tormentos said:

The XBO sold 115k last april so add 63% more unit it should sold like 180k and the PS4 less than that the PS4 did 199k on that april last year.

So PS4 sales actually dropped compared to April 2014. How is that possible? Nice increase for the XB1. Just keep selling millions and millions of systems for both and I'm happy. I'm buying games for both consoles, so they both need to be successful.

Simple March saw 100k more for the PS4 than the xbox one,do to BB so the waters came down,also the xbox one still is $50 cheaper in slow months that may prove helpful.

There was no game for any of them so it wasn't games.

@TigerSuperman said:

Amazon had the PS4 ahead for April it lost. Also arbitrary top 30 is pointless since we don't now numbers for the positions.

May NPD hasn't come out yet.

By 1 spot the PS4 was 41 the xbox one 42,that was do to the xbox one been ahead the last 3 weeks of the month,and loss by a single spot,compare to march where the PS4 6 and the xbox one was 19 and the gap was 100k.

No is not arbitrary the one which held on top the most wins period,unless there is a unbalance like it happen on April.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 tormentos

@Zero_epyon said:@TigerSuperman

Hmm..

Just a few from that glorious thread! You can't complain if anyone points out how 13K isn't a big deal when you were doing the same with a bigger number like 40K. So your hypocrisy is this: a small gap win for MS is good and a small gap win for sony is near laughable...

Hahahahaa owned he try to downplay 40k and now try to make 13k look like something...hahahaa

I guess when some one is desperate for a victory any victory even the smallest is a huge one..hahaha

@kwns said:

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/799605-xbox-one-sells-1-2-million-ps4-800k-november-2014-north-america

Numbers were actually higher than i thought.

Neogaf believed this was true until they found out from couple of members the information they received was not right. Neogaf has a habit of getting numbers wrong . Plus hardware numbers are not given out to the public so who do you believe?

NO that was from some one who use to be a trusted member who use to leak info since 2003.

The number were not invented by normal member on neogaf,and the person who gave the false numbers was instantly ban.

We can pretend neogaf is only credible when something is pro xbox one..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

I'm glad I could clear that up for you, it seems to be a common mistake around here.

The 360 either tied for second or came in third. But don't let facts get in the way.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#221 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:
@misterpmedia said:
@TigerSuperman said:

Also I like the contradicitng logic by some users in this thread. 13k for the next 5 months is 78k. If Xbox Won that mich or over till Novemeber, it adds up the gap would be In the 500's area.

One thing I will say is that the current gap being at 680ish, unless Batmans does insane numbers beyond repair like Destiny (which it won't June is one of the slowest, months, E3, will be happening, and the games on 3 systems) It is unlikely PS4 will reach the gap of last year.

Please update your topic title to include the PS4 numbers. Cheers. PS4: 174k, tiny 13k gap.

PS4 numbers are an estimate. It's between 173-175, and even then that could be wrong.

MS numbers are concrete since they literally indirectly told us the numbers as did Nintendo. We can't use estimates for an actual number. All i can say is it was above 3DS and is second.

@Zero_epyon said:

I remember when PS4 won by 40K and you tried brushing it off like it was negligible. Now you're saying 13K is enough for it to add up to something favorable for the Xbox One? Talk about contradictory logic...

It's not, I am using the logic by you and other Sony fans. I Also didn't brush off the 40k, I said the less than 100k gaps will make it so it's hard for sony to reach the same gap as last year. This win cements that.

Please stop telling lies.

@Kjranu said:

Xbox one may have won in the U.S. but if we factor in European and Japanese figures then it's thoroughly trounced. A 13k gap in the U.S. in favor of Xbox, but what about Europe or Japan? Xbox is usually outsold by 50,000 to 70,000 units in Europe and the ratio is even worse in Japan.

This is reaching Damage Control.

@misterpmedia said:

I love the part where he thinks he's found some immense hypocrisy about us not adding up all the potential 13Ks for the following months, especially when PS4 out sold the bone by 100K last month lol. Adding up those 100Ks > adding up those 13Ks. Fucking lol'd.

The post you quoted never happened, and the win this month means the PS4 won't reach the gap of last year without some very lucky sales. Which was what I said in that thread Zero made up the words to.

Also yes the PS4 in one month did over 100k. Wonderful, and now it's lost. Keep thinking sub 100k wins are going to get the PS4 to 1.1, it's not going to happen. (Also there is no adding up 100k's there's never been such a period with the PS4.)

What? It did exist I could highlight it for you if you want. You were on about some sort of weird hypocrisy about people not adding up all the 13Ks now that the Xbone has won, there's a big difference though with adding up the hypothetical 13Ks Xbone will win(like you stated) and the 100Ks the PS4 could have done. One number is sufficiently greater than the other and therefore makes a larger impact. 13K is a drop in the ocean. 100K makes bigger ripples.

Also the number for the PS4 is as concrete as you're going to get as it's from Cream and Sugar, the one person you were waiting for for hard numbers for your thread. The Pie chart was posted by me and so were the numbers. Please update your topic title with the PS4 numbers. I don't care if you want to put 173-5K. Just add them, stop being a bad TC, thanks.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 misterpmedia

@Zero_epyon said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I remember when PS4 won by 40K and you tried brushing it off like it was negligible. Now you're saying 13K is enough for it to add up to something favorable for the Xbox One? Talk about contradictory logic...

It's not, I am using the logic by you and other Sony fans. I Also didn't brush off the 40k, I said the less than 100k gaps will make it so it's hard for sony to reach the same gap as last year. This win cements that.

Please stop telling lies.

Hmm..

Just a few from that glorious thread! You can't complain if anyone points out how 13K isn't a big deal when you were doing the same with a bigger number like 40K. So your hypocrisy is this: a small gap win for MS is good and a small gap win for sony is near laughable...

@TigerSuperman said:

It has the same free games for 3 months, and it lost only by 40k with a $399 price rise. it tells nothing at all.

@TigerSuperman said:
@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman: Holy shit are you grasping. At least one lem is in here still trying, so props to you sir!

Hmm, ignoring history and pretending 40k is a lot, with a $399 price point for around 2 weeks along with a few extra days for the price drop mindshare to go through. Hmmm. But apparently I'm grasping. Hmmm. Gaf says the same thing I'm saying. Hmm. I'm grasping... Hmm....

No.

@TigerSuperman said:

Lol so instead of losing by around 100K Xbox One lost 40kish this month. That is it? Even with the $399 price raise?

Like I said in the other thread, it's highly likely that this would be close either way. Of course, I changed from <50k to <20K but I keep forgetting about that 2 week price raise. So <50k was the good deal.

Huh so the 480,000 gap is now the 520,000k gap? Ehhh........ Well like I said Amazon was bad prediction this month, got the placement right, but the gap that is shown for Jan is nowhere near what it implied.

That's impressive actually not sure how that's even a thing, that's pretty close, That $399 price raise didn't do as much damage as i thought, got the software as well, of course, February will tell if jan was just left over momentum or if the XBox One will fall significantly to the PS4.

But considering $399 barely did much damage outside of having it barely lose I am not sure what to think about February, could go either way. Sure you have the Order, but then you have Evolve, plus WOM over Xbox One games and multiplats. The $349 price point will be this whole month, and looking at weelky January, the Xbox one has been keeping up with the PS4 better this month so far. For one hour it passed it 2 days ago although when I refereshed the page it was down 5 places but still.

Hmm if February has a gap of 100K to the PS4 than yeah it may be shaky, however if Xbox One wins than it was literally only the $399 price raise that killed it in janaury. Barely.

haha, busted! What a clown.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#223 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

The 360 either tied for second or came in third. But don't let facts get in the way.

"Distant second place", we agree with each other.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Zero_epyon

@misterpmedia: Are you surprised though? And are you surprised that he hasn't sown up since?

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#225 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Now it's time to close that 10 million + gap.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Zero_epyon

@TorqueHappens08 said:

it'll only take 20 years....

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 tormentos

@Zero_epyon said:
@TorqueHappens08 said:

I say a million years don't give them false hopes...hahahaah

@TigerSuperman

Hey Tiger look.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029556

1 week of April alone in Japan is enough to erase the April gap on NPD and create a 3k victory for the PS4 world wide,without counting all the April month in Japan and without even counting EU and the rest of the world....

hahahaa

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Zero_epyon

@tormentos said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@TorqueHappens08 said:

@TigerSuperman

Hey Tiger look.

1 week of April alone in Japan is enough to erase the April gap on NPD and create a 3k victory for the PS4 world wide,without counting all the April month in Japan and without even counting EU and the rest of the world....

hahahaa

No way. losing by 13K means Sony needs to drop the price of the PS4 to 299 and sell it with free games and controllers so they can gain the lad gain. In the US...

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts
@Dire_Weasel said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

"Distant second place", we agree with each other.

OWNED.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Wow, this thread has turned into gold. XBox wins a slump month by 12-13k units and now the Lems are talking about the resurrection of 360 dominance. God, I love SW. If NPD was a Taekwondo tournament, April's NPD results are like getting a match point for a toe kick after being suplexed to the mat. A win is a win. I'm not going to be salty about it, but it's definitely not the time to start talking big either. So far, there is nothing to suggest that November and December was nothing more than nerd rage.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#231 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

XD It only took removing the god awful Kinect, dropping it $150, games and Xbots hyping it up.

Now if PS4 gets a price drop Xbots will cry.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

So damn salty in here, mah eyes are burning.

Way to go TC, the salty ones all told you you're crazy, you should be banned and now it's all bu bu but X1 only won by X amount hehe, never change SW, nevah, it's good stuff. :P

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 davem1992

@SecretPolice: XD I love how you Xbots are acting like this is a huge deal, it took SO much just for you to win a month while Sony has done practically **** all with the PS4.

All they need to do is announce a price drop, some exclusives and Xbox is 2nd again for the foreseeable future :3

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 SecretPolice

@davem1992:

Only a real maroon calls somebody xbots, stay salty, just sayin.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 davem1992

@SecretPolice said:

@davem1992:

Only a real maroon calls somebody xbots, stay salty, just sayin.

Salty about what?

The console I prefer outsells the Xbox One regularly XD

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 SecretPolice

@davem1992:

I'm thinking I may be done with ya...

:P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@lostrib said:
@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: At least PS3 had a late release as an excuse for sales, and PS3 won in the end anyway. PS4 and Xbox One launched basically the same time,MS is flat out getting crushed in sales. Nice to see you care about NPD again though.

it did?

News to me, especially since MS is still selling 360s. Revisionist history, @Sagemode87 ?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Zero_epyon

@Shewgenja said:

Wow, this thread has turned into gold. XBox wins a slump month by 12-13k units and now the Lems are talking about the resurrection of 360 dominance. God, I love SW. If NPD was a Taekwondo tournament, April's NPD results are like getting a match point for a toe kick after being suplexed to the mat. A win is a win. I'm not going to be salty about it, but it's definitely not the time to start talking big either. So far, there is nothing to suggest that November and December was nothing more than nerd rage.

Even when they win they lose. Can't even win gracefully.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

What you said are also not facts,

Also neither console is distant 3rd (ps3) or seconde (360) as both are right around 90 million.

@Shewgenja said:

You literally took a bunch of posts out of context and made up a narrative that doesn't exist.

@tormentos said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@TorqueHappens08 said:

@TigerSuperman

Hey Tiger look.

hahahaa

This is called damage control, Japan has nothing to do with the U,.S,, the country that if you remove, the Xbox 360 sales are less than 44 million shipped. People keep down playing NPD which doesn't make any sense given historical information.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Looks like Xbox One is still aheadin Walmart and Target charts, Amazons till has the two Sku's near eachother as well, with TLOU occasionally dropping around the same areas.

Now I point out the latter part because I was just going to say Amazon is wrong, but people here and other wbesites are defending Amazon by saying the two Xbox Sku's were near eachother and that equalled more than the PS4. This still sounds like a crap excuse, but I'll use your excuse anyway, it's looking like that may happen again this month.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Shewgenja

@TigerSuperman said:

@Shewgenja said:

You literally took a bunch of posts out of context and made up a narrative that doesn't exist.

That's like, literally, what I do best.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Zero_epyon

@TigerSuperman: You don't get to reply to me until you man up to your hypocrisy. And don't try to act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@XboxStache said:

LOL the 360 didn't dominate a generation.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@Shewgenja said:

Riiiigghhttt, because all you cows win so gracefully here. Don't be such a hypocrite.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Shewgenja

When is the thread title going to show PS4 sold numbers?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 misterpmedia

@Shewgenja said:

When is the thread title going to show PS4 sold numbers?

when he's stopped being salty about the tiny 13K difference. Could always contact a mod

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Shewgenja said:

Riiiigghhttt, because all you cows win so gracefully here. Don't be such a hypocrite.

I'm a cow now? Geez...

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

PS4 needs some games. I cant wait for E3.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Zero_epyon

@draign said:

PS4 needs some games. I cant wait for E3.

I hope they don't just tell us what we already know and give us a clip show. We need release dates. This year preferably.