Apple just won the Next-Gen!

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by loco145 (10755 posts) -
#2 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I won't be buying one.

#3 Posted by farrell2k (5716 posts) -

Overpriced garbage.

#4 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

lolno

#5 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

Lol 16Gb Lol

#6 Edited by wis3boi (31012 posts) -
#7 Edited by stereointegrity (10699 posts) -

rather have a nexus or transformer...and not some tree hugging hippy ipad

#8 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Nope. Not even remotely interested. Nothing is more overrated than an Apple product.

#9 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

Is there really a genuine Apple lover on SW? Thats a rare sight!

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (55564 posts) -

I don't know, I want to upgrade from my iPad 2, but I might just go Android... dat Nexus 10 looks good.

Then again, there is Surface.

#11 Posted by danjammer69 (4105 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Nope. Not even remotely interested. Nothing is more overrated than an Apple product.

Something I can actually agree with you on 100%.

#12 Posted by wis3boi (31012 posts) -

musicalmac?

#13 Edited by snugenz_irl (31 posts) -

I was about to report you as one of them ad-spam bots, till i realized you were a real poster, then i put palm to face.

#14 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

apple? more like crapple.

im so funny.

#15 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

So this is going to stand up to a next gen console? Lol, you must have a completely different definition of what good games are.

#16 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

I don't know, I want to upgrade from my iPad 2, but I might just go Android... dat Nexus 10 looks good.

The good Surface (the Pro version) is bloody expensive though :P Makes Apple's products seem cheap really XD

#17 Posted by NVIDIATI (7593 posts) -

Bay Trail tablets with Windows 8.1 are a lot more useful than an iPad. They can even play PC games such as Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, or Starcraft 2.

#18 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

musicalmac?

Eh he was more over @ Mobile Wars than SW per say :P Hope MW comes back btw! Was a great place to discuss these things.

#19 Edited by charizard1605 (55564 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

The good Surface (the Pro version) is bloody expensive though :P Makes Apple's products seem cheap really XD

But it's so worth it

#20 Posted by cainetao11 (16605 posts) -

@loco145 said:

$500 iPad Air revealed

"Thinner, lighter, and more powerful" iPad Air features 9.7-inch Retina display"; new $400 iPad Mini with Retina display also announced; both launching November 1.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/500-ipad-air-revealed/1100-6415715/

GG, Sony, MS and Nintendo.

16 gb for $500 just because its thin? Are you out of your effin mind? I have the first gen surface and its great. My god people are high maintenance, prima donnas.

#21 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

But it's so worth it

My bank account not being at f*ckin 0 is more worth it haha XD Nah, but honestly as long as you buy one of the top end devices, be it Android, Windows 8 or iOS based you should be good nowadays. All of them seem to offer quite a bang for your buck (some more than others of course).

#22 Posted by charizard1605 (55564 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

But it's so worth it

My bank account not being at f*ckin 0 is more worth it haha XD Nah, but honestly as long as you buy one of the top end devices, be it Android, Windows 8 or iOS based you should be good nowadays. All of them seem to offer quite a bang for your buck (some more than others of course).

I like the experience an iPad provides, but I dislike iOS 7 immensely, and I also want my tablet to have more flexibility with what it CAN do as opposed to the highly limited 'walled garden' experience that the iPad provides compared to other tablets.

Android just doesn't seem to have enough tablet apps.

#23 Posted by donalbane (16182 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, but they are like laptop/tablet hybrids, so I think it's really worth the extra $. I'm seriously thinking about getting a Surface Pro 2 when I get my tax return.

#24 Posted by clyde46 (44079 posts) -

The iPad is amazing. iOS7 on the other hand, sucks balls.

#25 Posted by Basinboy (10990 posts) -

May get one, still on the fence. Not crazy for iOS7 and would virtually never play games on it (still better than W8 at least). Having a hard time justifying the price tag.

#26 Posted by NVIDIATI (7593 posts) -

I like the experience an iPad provides, but I dislike iOS 7 immensely, and I also want my tablet to have more flexibility with what it CAN do as opposed to the highly limited 'walled garden' experience that the iPad provides compared to other tablets.

So why not go for a Windows 8.1 Bay Trail tablet? They're starting at $300 and go up to $500+.

#27 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Eh, I really can't say since I don't own any tablet myself. But if I'd buy a Surface it would really a Pro version, even if just the base Pro. Though at that price I might just consider one of the new Macbook Pros (which were shown in the same conference as these new iPads) which specs wise are pretty good IMO.

#28 Posted by lostrib (33400 posts) -

wut?

#29 Edited by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

More thinner, lighter trash from Apple

#30 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

$400 to $500 Portable HD Web Browsers that play Shockwave Flash-style games!

YAAAAAAAAA........no

#31 Posted by lostrib (33400 posts) -

I'll just stick with my Nexus 7 for now

#32 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

Yeah.....no not going to happen.

#33 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Looks sweet, do want.

#34 Edited by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

Hey we are going to make new iPads slimmer than the previous ones, but now this time we are just going to make it a new product, wtf. The iPad is already pretty slim who the hell are they targeting those who say the iPad is to thick, which is no one?

#35 Edited by MonsieurX (29241 posts) -

Hey we are going to make new iPads slimmer than the previous ones, but now this time we are just going to make it a new product, wtf. The iPad is already pretty slim who the hell are they targeting those who say the iPad is to thick, which is no one?

But it's the new thing!!

#36 Edited by Phazevariance (10934 posts) -

Lol, 16gb and no option to expand it, not 2560x1440 resolution, boring uncustomizable OS, and a currently dropping market share. No thanks.

#37 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@redskins26rocs said:

But it's the new thing!!

I'll laugh so much when "fatter" products become more "hip". You know it's bound to happen sometime soon, the current hipster instruments are now becoming mainstream! xD

#38 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I find it funny how these smart device companies cannibalise their products, while the strategy has proven to be successful, it keeps away consumers like me who find it difficult to start from somewhere, like i wana buy a smartphone but there is just too many upgrades happening everytime to even know whats up

#39 Edited by heretrix (37295 posts) -

I love my Ipad retina, so much that I'm not planning on buying another until they pull their bullshit and make it obsolete. By the time that happens who knows what will be out. I really haven't been interested in an Apple product since Jobs passed. They are coasting their asses off.

#40 Posted by cainetao11 (16605 posts) -

Going to upgrade my Surface to a Surface 2 Pro when my Veterans retroactive check hits. It is, the best tablet family I've tried. All my soldier friends have iPad or android and most are getting Surface 2's.

#41 Edited by Heil68 (43272 posts) -

wont effect console gaming at all.

#42 Posted by clyde46 (44079 posts) -

@heretrix said:

I love my Ipad retina, so much that I'm not planning on buying another until they pull their bullshit and make it obsolete. By the time that happens who knows what will be out. I really haven't been interested in an Apple product since Jobs passed. They are coasting their asses off.

This, so much this. Jobs must be spinning in his grave.

#43 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3186 posts) -

People will be using Keynotes and Pages from now on. No more use for PC, which is why the market will continue to die.

#44 Edited by lostrib (33400 posts) -

People will be using Keynotes and Pages from now on. No more use for PC, which is why the market will continue to die.

lol, no

#45 Posted by LustForSoul (5839 posts) -

Yeah, totally next gen and stuff. Mobile gaming is garbage.

#46 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

your name is loco.

#47 Edited by McSkombi (842 posts) -

@loco145 said:

$500 iPad Air revealed

"Thinner, lighter, and more powerful" iPad Air features 9.7-inch Retina display"; new $400 iPad Mini with Retina display also announced; both launching November 1.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/500-ipad-air-revealed/1100-6415715/

GG, Sony, MS and Nintendo.

Oh god no… what did you do?? Get out of here as long as you can, cause the hate will hit you very hard. Apple is hated so much it is not funny anymore...

#48 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -

400 for a min iPad? Yikes.

#49 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

400 for a min iPad? Yikes.

But its an Apple product they are worth it

#50 Posted by clyde46 (44079 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Mr_BillGates said:

lol, no

I believe Keynote and Pages are better to work with compared to Microsofts offerings.