Anyone regret their purchase?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Last gen I bought 360 first because ps3 had no games but eventually ps3 passed the 360 and it ended up being the better console to me imo. So this gen I got a ps4 first because it would be a better long term investment.

Now I kind of regret and should have got the xbox one first. At least I would have had 3 years of fun before the support dies. I don't know if it's my ps4, but everything is so slow and buggy. Music unlimited works half of the time and many icons on the home screen load really slow. Also if I download more than one game off of psn and play another game while its downloading, the game I play is running like a slideshow. My battlefield save data keeps erasing and I get error messages once a day. None of the games on the horizon is grabbing me besides infamous (but I'll have to wait for e3 on that)

On the software side of things, Sony just sucks. They better fix this soon.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Bought a PC,PS3 and Wii last gen,no regrets.

Got a Wii U and no regrets so far.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts
@Ghost120x said:

Last gen I bought 360 first because ps3 had no games but eventually ps3 passed the 360 and it ended up being the better console to me imo. So this gen I got a ps4 first because it would be a better long term investment.

Now I kind of regret and should have got the xbox one first.

should have got the xbox one

Should

Have

Got

the

Xbox

One

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Blog worthy, right now both kind of suck but it's still early were about 4 months in to this gen there's no excuse both sides if you bought a PS4 or XBone you know what you're getting

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

Jeez! Don't you think it's just a tad bit early in this gen to be asking such a question? Come back here and ask this question again in 3-4 years. It'll be an interesting thread.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I've purchased a Playstation 4, Wii U, 3DS and Vita this gen. Loving each of them and there's still plenty on the way for all of them that will make each of them great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Nope, have a PS4, Wii U, a Vita, and my beloved PC, I regret nothing so far. they pretty much does exactly what I expected of each, with the PS4 being the only exception so far, but I see the games comming out in the Horizon, so not a big issue there (especially with a 200+ backlog aperrently :\)

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

I agree with you on the interface (just got PS4 recently)

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

Blog worthy, right now both kind of suck but it's still early were about 4 months in to this gen there's no excuse both sides if you bought a PS4 or XBone you know what you're getting

Yes it is quite early but at least MS is doing something about it. They had a major update this week (or last week?) trying to fix the shortcomings that it had a launch. Ps4 had a tiny update that just added headphone support and no word on any other updates. My ps4 was working fine at first so I'm just going to back up my saves a re initialize the whole thing and see what happens.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@Ghost120x: I believe the updates

Will come and be fixed I can't speak for Xbox as I hated the OS and a lot but each will get better I like my PS4 as of now no issues with it

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I regret buying too many games...I don't have enough time

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

If you only plan to buy one console then obviously you should buy the one that you feel will be the better long term investment, but if you plan on getting both, I don't understand why you would choose PS4 first when just like the PS3 did at first, it has no games right now.

The track record of past PlayStation and Xbox consoles shows that Xbox consoles are stronger at the beginning and then weaker at the end whereas PlayStation consoles are just the opposite, PlayStation consoles are weaker at the beginning and then stronger at the end, so for anyone that plans to eventually buy both, I think it makes more sense to get Xbox first and then PlayStation second.

That's what I'm doing, I bought the Xbox One at launch because it is the one that has games worth playing right now and I will buy a PS4 later once Sony starts releasing their great games for it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Ghost120x:

Careful with that......................I've been dealing with mad cow Tormentos lately all because I have a friend who is feeling it on the PS4 as well. I am in no way regretting buy the X1. Seamless, responsive and enjoying my DR3 and KI. Titanfall in about 3 weeks? Gonna be a blast.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I regret my PS3 and 360 purchase from last gen. Still have the Wii which I dont regret buying because my missis and my little girl (still) play on it. Didnt buy a console this gen and dont intend to. Ill save the money for PC upgrades in a year or two this time around.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Ghost120x:

Careful with that......................I've been dealing with mad cow Tormentos lately all because I have a friend who is feeling it on the PS4 as well. I am in no way regretting buy the X1. Seamless, responsive and enjoying my DR3 and KI. Titanfall in about 3 weeks? Gonna be a blast.

Impossible, X1 has no games.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

To be honest, I kind of regret buying a Wii U. The only thing on it I was interested in was a remake of a game I've already played to death in Wind Waker HD. Hell, I don't even have it hooked up anymore and I'm only keeping it for a few select releases. First time I've ever felt that way with a console, which saddens me since I love the gamepad and the potential behind it. I'm sure in time Nintendo will make it a console worth owning for me, but it was stupid of me to pick one up at this point in time and I have nobody to blame but myself.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#17 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@lostrib said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Ghost120x:

Impossible, X1 has no games.

LOL, I know right? Totally forgot about Thief before Titanfall. May hold off on that, so I can save money and get a PS4 in April.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Oh hell no. I just got my PS4 and I'm loving the hell out of it.

I also picked up a Wii U at launch and have accumulated New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition, The Legend of Zelda: WindWaker HD, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U and Super Mario 3D World. I definitely don't regret my Wii U.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I also picked up a Wii U at launch and have accumulated New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition, The Legend of Zelda: WindWaker HD, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U and Super Mario 3D World. I definitely don't regret my Wii U.

Nice haul, bro! You're good to go.

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

PC, Vita, 3DS, & Wii U is my current gen lineup. I regret buying none of them, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything (yet).

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I never regret buying anything but I sure wished the PS4 had more games, its just gathering dust at the moment.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

I regret buying a ps3... it literally collected dust. of course i bought it out of boredom...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

I don't regret buying the PS4. AC4 is better than it would have been on my PS4 and Infamous is coming out soon.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I have never regretted buying any gaming system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#27  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I mean, the console is what, three months old? Of course it's got bugs and glitches, every console does at launch.

Did you get a Wii U?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Regret is for the impatient (launch) and foolish (preorder).

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

None. I got exactly what I wanted for this new generation: Wii U + PS4 + 3DS + Vita.

Nintendo + Sony = Happiness.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I don't regret my purchases. I just wish there were more games for the PS4 and Xbox One. I'd be lying though if I didn't mention that my Xbox One purchase was totally an impulse buy. I've hardly played it...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Just for the WiiU. I'll get much enjoyment out of PS4 and Xbone.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I don't, since I wait before there is games that I want before buying a console. None of the next gen consoles interest me for now

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46217 Posts

Every console at launch has failures, bugs and glitches. And very few games.

That is why most people wait to get a console. Also because the price drops.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I regret nothing and I've bought a 360 (x4, 3 RROD and 1 HDD that fried), PS3 (x3, 1 that bricked), Wii (x1), 3DS (x2, traded one in and had to sell the other for class bills) and a Vita (x1)

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

@arkephonic said:

How does Injustice fair with the ps3/360 versions? I played the hell out of the game, but when I get a PS4 i'm down to play if it looks noticeably different. Does it have all the alternate costumes on the disk too?

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

$400 to gain access to three exclusive games, and almost nothing to get excited about for a long time.

No doubt I'm disappointed.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

i regret buying the PS3 and 360 so early last gen. i bought a 60GB launch PS3 (with PS2 BC) because that was being phased out. same with a 20GB RROD ridden 360. I should have waited until much later in the gen to get them.

also got a wii and loved that though.

i regret getting the DSFat though, in my defense, i didnt know the lite was coming. like an idiot i also traded in my copy of windwaker and metroid prime (managed to get my copy of prime back though for 5 bucks...whew).

i bought and love my vita. great system. i am concerend for its future (note to self..get Ys) but its backlog is certainly very nice IF you want to play more types of games on a portable. imho games like rayman origin/legends are at home on the vita. i really hope child of light also comes to it...its the perfect platform for a game like that imho.

3DS wise i dont like the hardware but the games are just awesome. so no regrets overall on the 3DS front either.

bought a gaming laptop recently and its great. very expensive (though much of that expense was the 960GB SSD i bought for it. i am clinically insane) but does the job very nicely. a desktop would have offered better value and performance of course but at the moment things like TVs and desktops are not practical for me.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Your fault. A lesson for everybody;do not buy any next gen console for the first two years or so.

Why you ask, well you will get a slimmer, a better, a cheaper and a less glitchier console with hundreds of games to play.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Nope. Wii U and 3DS holding up just fine.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

no games for the whole year on ps4.....unless uncharted comes out.

order 1886 is unproven....looks like a nuaghty dog game clone....infamous is a rehash so i have to have liked the previous two.

drive club is a decent raacer i guess...but gran turismo owns it so id still be waiting for that one. destiny is a shooter.

nintendo did the same...1 whole year of nothing.

at least microsoft has titanfall...they are the only company to release a must have game in their first year...hell, in the first 5 months...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

order 1886 is unproven....looks like a nuaghty dog game clone....infamous is a rehash so i have to have liked the previous two.

drive club is a decent raacer i guess...but gran turismo owns it so id still be waiting for that one. deatiny is a shooter.

at least microsoft has titanfall...they are the only company to release a must have game in their first year...hell, in the first 5 months...

Lol what the **** are you ranting about?

The Order is dismissed as an unproven new IP but Titanfall is a must have despite being an unproven new IP?

Destiny from the AAA FPS gods at Bungie is dismissed for being a shooter but Titanfall is a must have despite being a shooter?

Infamous is dismissed as a rehash yet I'm sure you'll jizz your pants when Mario Kart 8 comes out?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I regret buying FF13 at full price.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

drive club is a decent raacer i guess...but gran turismo owns it so id still be waiting for that one. deatiny is a shooter.

Lol what the **** are you ranting about?

The Order is dismissed as an unproven new IP but Titanfall is a must have despite being an unproven new IP?

Destiny from the AAA FPS gods at Bungie is dismissed for being a shooter but Titanfall is a must have despite being a shooter?

Infamous is dismissed as a rehash yet I'm sure you'll jizz your pants when Mario Kart 8 comes out?

oh its you...id rather not reply...replying to you is like work..

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'm sticking with PC for awhile and no regrets thus far.

Waiting for PS4 to get games, and also waiting for Xbox One to get must buy games because $500 doesn't justify the shitty hardware.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

No. Ain't my first time buying a system at launch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

I have no regrets. I have so much money to spend.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Sweet delicious loot.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I regret buying Battlefield 4 with Premium...

1. Uninspired new maps
  2. 2 map packs that are remakes of old map packs
  3. Poor hit detection

Worst £85 I ever spend... I could have bought a new Case for my PC for that price.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

There's nothing I regret this gen yet. I've got a 3DS and Wii U. Both already have amazing libraries (Wii U more so than 3DS). I'm waiting on PS4 to get more promising games. All it has on the horizon is inFAMOUS Second Son. That system can wait another couple of years.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Nope, loving it. The only thing I regret in gaming is being a PC ONLY gamer for most of last gen. I missed some of the best games of last gen because of it. Luckily, I went ahead and got the 360 and PS3 a few months before I got the PS4, One, and WiiU. I'm almost caught up.