Anyone find it ironic that the Amnesia (PC) games haven't come to consoles.

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Well, Amnesia, and the entire survival-horror genre.

True horror games just don't have the audience they need to survive on consoles anymore. It used to be a big console genre last gen, but this gen it's moved to PC.

Jankarcop

dead island re revelations left 4 dead resident evil-wii , house of the dead-wii cursed mountain-wii all have something to say to you 

Why do consolites always come off as people who know nothing about gaming....at all? 

:lol:

Alright, try me. I'm willing to admit I don't know everything about gaming, but I'm also willing to say with certainty that it's more than "nothing....at all".
#52 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"] dead island re revelations left 4 dead resident evil-wii , house of the dead-wii cursed mountain-wii all have something to say to you 

lowe0

Why do consolites always come off as people who know nothing about gaming....at all? 

Alright, try me. I'm willing to admit I don't know everything about gaming, but I'm also willing to say with certainty that it's more than "nothing....at all".

You're just going to google it, we already know, Low0.

#53 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

I've been gaming since I was 8. Besides, when have I ever had to google for something and not admitted it?
#54 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Alright, try me. I'm willing to admit I don't know everything about gaming, but I'm also willing to say with certainty that it's more than "nothing....at all".lowe0

I've been gaming since I was 8. Besides, when have I ever had to google for something and not admitted it?

Always.  Either way, that guy who called those games survival horror is an idiot, stop defending idiots?

#55 Posted by clone01 (24532 posts) -
I'd love to see it on consoles. Scary looking stuff.
#56 Posted by clone01 (24532 posts) -

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

True horror games just don't have the audience they need to survive on consoles anymore. It used to be a big console genre last gen, but this gen it's moved to PC.

Jankarcop

dead island re revelations left 4 dead resident evil-wii , house of the dead-wii cursed mountain-wii all have something to say to you 

I dunno. Why do you always come off as such an egotistical prick? You give PC gamers a bad name.
#57 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

It's not on consoles because console drones need "guns" in their games.

#58 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

All the people I know who know about Amnesia are either too scared to play it or have no interest because you can't shoot things. Sad really.

sherman-tank1

Seems like legit reasons to be me.

#59 Posted by clone01 (24532 posts) -

Rage010101
Sigh...ignorance.
#60 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

clone01

Sigh...ignorance.

Sigh...butthurt.

#61 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -

It's funny how such graphics-heavy games like Crysis and the Witcher 2 that look jaw-dropping on PC got chopped down in visuals in order to run decently on consoles, and yet the one game that has relatively few graphical demands and therefore could be ported perfectly to consoles shows no signs of reaching consoles anytime soon.

nervmeister
Probably because there is no demand for the game.
#62 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

I don't play games that don't allow you to fight back so keep it on PC.

StrongBlackVine

I bet if you played Amnesia, you'd scream like a little b!tch. 

Maybe. Pretty sure my laptop could run it, but I have no interest.

Neither does most console gamers. The developers probably don't want to pay the license fee that Microsoft and Sony would charge them.
#63 Posted by MrYaotubo (2637 posts) -
[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

It's funny how such graphics-heavy games like Crysis and the Witcher 2 that look jaw-dropping on PC got chopped down in visuals in order to run decently on consoles, and yet the one game that has relatively few graphical demands and therefore could be ported perfectly to consoles shows no signs of reaching consoles anytime soon.

blackace
Probably because there is no demand for the game.

There was a ton of demand since the day it came out and the subsequent months after,on forums,on youtube videos,all over the place people were asking for a console port of Amnesia. The demand was clearly there.
#64 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

mariokart64fan

Your standard for "horror" honestly makes me sick to my stomach.

#65 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

Sigh...ignorance.

Sigh...butthurt.

lmao the console kids have been slain

#66 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5281 posts) -
I thought it had something to do with the cost of porting it to consoles. They're a small dev after all. The game could definitely work on consoles. The graphics aren't demanding and the control scheme would easily fit on a controller.