Anyone excited for the Ratchet & Clank Remake for PS4?

• 50 results
#1 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3773 posts) -

Make no mistake, this is not a uprezzed PS2 game. This is a total reimagining of the first R&C game which I'm personally supes happs about. With all sorts of new shit they can now fully realize with the power of the PS4.

With almost no media hype, the game is currently in the shadows, despite being an early 2015 release. There isn't much info on it, apart from Insomniacs site briefly explaining it.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/ratchet-clank-ps4/

In 2015, we have the rare (actually, for us, unprecedented) opportunity to expand Ratchet’s universe simultaneously in two forms. We’ll continue our involvement with the Ratchet & Clank feature film. And we’re excited to announce that we’re also developing a game that shares the film’s vision of Ratchet’s origin story. As featured in Sony’s press conference, the game re-imagines the original Ratchet & Clank, with updated gameplay and completely new visuals built from the ground up for the PlayStation 4.

Our California and North Carolina studios are making the game together, marking our deepest cross-country collaboration to date. Many of the original developers responsible for the very first Ratchet & Clank game have an opportunity to create the stunning Solana Galaxy that they–and our fans–have always wanted to see. Longtime Design Director Brian Allgeier, Studio Director Chad Dezern, and Game Director Shaun McCabe will lead the project.

So, what are your thoughts? I can't even believe this isn't big news!

#2 Posted by Bishop1310 (986 posts) -

No.. I out grew kids games a long ass time ago. Loved it on ps3, but not my cup of tea any more.

#3 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8763 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

No.. I out grew kids games a long ass time ago. Loved it on ps3, but not my cup of tea any more.

Spoken like a man who has a great deal of growing up to do.

In any case, this has me interested. I've only played a Crack in Time from this series, but I loved it a lot.

#4 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3773 posts) -

OMG srsly. Jesus... JESUS!!

#5 Posted by Zassimick (6342 posts) -

Can't say I'm too excited, but I only tried playing the games in the HD collection and didn't have the most fun with it. I can understand why the series is loved so much though! Hopefully this definitely becomes more of a re-imagining like they say it's going to be rather than an HD remake; also, if they do change a lot I hope it doesn't change too much of what that original game was.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (56013 posts) -

I am. I loved the original game when I played it back on the PS2, it's still my favorite in the series, so I can't wait to see it modernized and updated.

#7 Posted by lostrib (34424 posts) -

Did the original have co op? I remember having a lot of fun with my brother playing one of the later installments

#8 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3773 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Did the original have co op? I remember having a lot of fun with my brother playing one of the later installments

Yep. I hope they put it in this game. Co-op is sorely missed in todays world of gaming :(

#9 Posted by Heil68 (43450 posts) -

Yup.I love the series and I'm looking forward to it being on PS4.

#10 Edited by mems_1224 (46530 posts) -

Nope, never cared for the series.

#11 Posted by darkspineslayer (19546 posts) -

Having played through the future trilogy first and relying on straifing made the first game unplayable to me, so yes I think I am excited, and will grab it when the price is right.

#12 Edited by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

I liked Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time but Ratchet & Clank games are just too similar to each other for me to get excited to play the same shit over and over again. Not a huge fan of its formula.

#13 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1341 posts) -

Yeah sure. I think Insomniac has been hti and miss over the last years. Even with R&C, ense why i've fallen out of love for teh series in recents years.

I'm keeping an eye on SO to see if they've got the spark to make this game work. Hopefully everything will work out becaus ei've love for more cartoonish gun and platform games to return.

Still want Jak and Daxter back :(

#14 Posted by Star_Skywalker (4017 posts) -

Sure, it's naughty dog right?

#15 Edited by mikhail (1100 posts) -
#16 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3773 posts) -
@mikhail said:

@Star_Skywalker said:

Not Naughty Dog. It's Insomniac. Don't know where you were going with that though.

#17 Posted by Suppaman100 (3771 posts) -

No it's made by Nintendo.

#18 Posted by Stringerboy (6948 posts) -

Eh I'd rather just have a completely new R&C game.

I've already played it in the HD collection anyway.

#19 Posted by cainetao11 (16867 posts) -

Not really. They were great way back when, but I lost my taste for them.

#20 Edited by XboxStache (912 posts) -

This is great news; and reason enough for me to finally buy a PS4. I'm just hoping Sony announces Jak or reboots Mark of Kri as well.

I always think of the Planet Novaris theme when I think of Rachet and Clank.

#21 Posted by Star_Skywalker (4017 posts) -

Nvm, it's not a masterpiece so it can't be ND.

#22 Posted by freedomfreak (39148 posts) -

Should've had all three, or the 2nd and/or third one.

First one is good, but it's so barebones, and the series came into its own with the 2nd one.

#23 Edited by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

I'm not excited, but I am eager to check it out. Hopefully Insomniac who's developing the game implement the additions found in R&C 2 / R&C3 because the first Ratchet was my least favorite among the original three games.

I own the entire series. They are really fun, but they don't excite.

#24 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3773 posts) -

Should've had all three, or the 2nd and/or third one.

First one is good, but it's so barebones, and the series came into its own with the 2nd one.

It's being remade totally. It's basically going to have the best of R&C gameplay with PS4 visuals and the original story. With a total reimagining of the Solana Galaxy. IDK bout you, but that sounds like a day one purchase for me.

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (39148 posts) -

It's being remade totally. It's basically going to have the best of R&C gameplay with PS4 visuals and the original story. With a total reimagining of the Solana Galaxy. IDK bout you, but that sounds like a day one purchase for me.

So, upgradable weapons? Vehicle segments? Space combat?

#26 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1341 posts) -

This is great news; and reason enough for me to finally buy a PS4. I'm just hoping Sony announces Jak or reboots Mark of Kri as well.

Unlikely, sadly. ND stated they where going to keep focusing on narrative driven games, which i imagine are the likes of UC and TLOU.

:( I want Jak or Crash more than another Joel

#27 Posted by Willy105 (24511 posts) -

That will probably change once you graduate Middle School.

#28 Posted by jg4xchamp (47313 posts) -

No, I loved Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal, but after awhile that series just got stale. Crack in Time I was into because at least it had the clank puzzles to mix it up, but Tools of Destruction and some of the other ones? dull because of all the franchise fatigue.

#29 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3773 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:

So, upgradable weapons? Vehicle segments? Space combat?

That would be great. The franchise could use some beefing up. It is a reimagining so it doesn't neccecerally have to follow the gameplay rules of the first game.

#30 Posted by freedomfreak (39148 posts) -

That would be great. The franchise could use some beefing up. It is a reimagining so it doesn't neccecerally have to follow the gameplay rules of the first game.

Well, then they should reimagine newer ones. They seem pretty vague on these upgrades. Could just be them putting in lock-on. I'll wait and see for this to come out.

#31 Posted by pyro1245 (545 posts) -

@XboxStache said:

Unlikely, sadly. ND stated they where going to keep focusing on narrative driven games, which i imagine are the likes of UC and TLOU.

:( I want Jak or Crash more than another Joel

Me too :(

#32 Posted by watchdogsrules (315 posts) -

not really because the games never really looked appealing to me but a jak and daxter sequel or remake would be good.

#33 Posted by PsychoLemons (2042 posts) -

A Crack in Time was the last R&C game I've played anything after seemed to be rather stale. And I loathed Agent Clank.

#34 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16814 posts) -

I liked the original. But Up Your Arsenal is by far the best.

#35 Posted by yokofox33 (29362 posts) -

One of my favorite franchises ever. Of course I'm excited.

#36 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (272 posts) -

Never played the series but I wouldn't mind a re imagined Gex or Conkers. Never played Jak series either but always wanted to.

#37 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6931 posts) -

@Star_Skywalker said:

No it's made by Nintendo.

You're both wrong. It's from Bioware. Duh.

#38 Edited by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

Sure I guess but wouldn't it be nice to have all the Twisted Metal Remastered on PS4? Twisted Metal revolutionize the Combat Cars at the dawn of PlayStation and Twisted Metal needs it's chance to shine on PS4 baby.

#39 Posted by l34052 (3124 posts) -

I love Ratchet & Clank so im very excited for this, ideally id like an all new game specifically for the ps4 but in the absence of such a game im happy to take this in the meantime.

#40 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3773 posts) -
@l34052 said:

I love Ratchet & Clank so im very excited for this, ideally id like an all new game specifically for the ps4 but in the absence of such a game im happy to take this in the meantime.

Yeah, a new game would be nice. But the way I see it, this game is not like TLOU Remastered where it's the same game just 1080p 60fps, but a totally new game built from the ground up for PS4. So the graphics will likely be Pixar quality and there is said to be new gameplay. What ever that means. The whole Solana galaxy is being reimagined so i'm expecting big things :)

#41 Edited by kipsta77 (939 posts) -

Yes!!! Why didn't I hear about this??

The Ratchet & Clank trilogy was so good! Looking forward to see what they do.

#42 Posted by AM-Gamer (3569 posts) -

Fully rebuilt for PS4? I may have to check it out.

#43 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3369 posts) -

It has a lot of potential but I'm going to wait and see. It's Insomniac afterall.

#44 Posted by clyde46 (44906 posts) -

I might just have to find my PS2 again and get the games off eBay. If the PS4 version had all the PS2 games on it then I'd buy it.

#45 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17337 posts) -

Nope. You have not grown up at all dear sir.

#46 Posted by clyde46 (44906 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

Nope. You have not grown up at all dear sir.

Growing old is required, growing up is optional.

#47 Posted by Wasdie (49627 posts) -

Given how good Ratchet and Clank looked on the PS3, I can't imagine how amazing it's going to look on the PS4. Insomniac has some extremely talented graphics programmers and artists.

#48 Edited by Boddicker (2513 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

I grew out of it on the PS2...........

#49 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13420 posts) -

Already bored with the Xbone?

#50 Posted by MiiiiV (323 posts) -

I really liked the first Ratchet game back in the days, If the remake is well made and a reimagining and not just an uprezzed version like you said I'm interested. I'd be more happy if Naughty Dog were do a reimagining of the first Jak and Daxter but this is also great news.