Anyone else think/pray The Last Guardian will be at TGS? Maybe on PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DrRockso87 (2529 posts) -

Please Sony? :(

#2 Posted by nini200 (9824 posts) -
LOL people are still waiting on this Never Ending Story wannabe?
#3 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
Its on the back burner. Don't except it until mid ps4 cycle.
#4 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Yeah. Right after Blizzard shows us Starcraft : Ghost.

#5 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
LOL @ The last vaporware
#6 Posted by NationProtector (806 posts) -
The Last Guardian will be a mini-game in FFXV as exclusive dlc on ps4.
#7 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -
lolthelastguardian
#8 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
The Last Guardian will come out before Sony shuts Team Ico down but who knows when.
#9 Posted by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

The game is canceled..... the next time you see the game.. it will not be like the game you thought it was at all......

#10 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

Sony only showed off the Last Guardian because they had nothing else to show in the early years of the PS3. Now that their plans have shifted I doubt we'll ever see the Last Guardian. It's now in the ether with Half Life ep. 3.

#11 Posted by ManatuBeard (935 posts) -

Might be announced again... since Puppeteer is done, Knack is nearly done too, so they will have more people to move to the TLG team and finish the game and be done with it. It has been lingering for too long...

#12 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Final Fantasy versus came to life, so why not

#13 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -

S9eei.gif.

#14 Posted by Lucianu (9443 posts) -

xzbitlol.png

xcmonson.png Nope.

#15 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Can we please stop talking about it till(if) it's actually shown? it depresses me every time I hear it mentioned.

#16 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Would be cool, but I won't get my hopes up.

#17 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

People still care about this vaporware?

If I were Sony, I'd just shut that damn studio down, seems they have no idea what they're doing, aside from eating away money at Sony.

#18 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

As excited as I was to see that game before I really don't care anymore. If it does come out it likely won't be as good as I hyped it up in my mind

#19 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
now that you've asked about it, no.
#20 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

If I were Sony, I'd just shut that damn studio down, seems they have no idea what they're doing, aside from eating away money at Sony.

Rocker6

It's not the studio they're legit, it's Ueda, he's a ferfectionist and want's everything to be exactly how he pictured it.

Things like, individual strands of grass to have it's own AI, same with Trico's (Catbirdgoat) feathers.

#21 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23865 posts) -

i doubt it.

it would be nice to see though.

i hate 98% of j-dev and then one of the few things i look forward too gets put on the shelf.

bummer.

#22 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9818 posts) -
these delays are a very bad sign. If the hype is near AAA then I would say that we have a flop on our hands.
#23 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

i doubt it.

it would be nice to see though.

i hate 98% of j-dev and then one of the few things i look forward too gets put on the shelf.

bummer.

What were you playing before the Western takeover?
#24 Posted by lamprey263 (24153 posts) -
no, this game is Sony's Duke Nukem Forever
#25 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Clock-w0rk

It's not the studio they're legit, it's Ueda, he's a ferfectionist and want's everything to be exactly how he pictured it.

Things like, individual strands of grass to have it's own AI, same with Trico's (Catbirdgoat) feathers.

Well, if the studio is lead by a perfectionist, the game is doomed to development hell, no hardware will ever be good enough him to make his original vision come to life, and not to mention the budget constraints.

Some things always must be cut back in game development, can't have it all.

For me, TLG is a vaporware, I never expect to see it out. And even if a miracle happens and it sees a release, it'll be another case of DNF.

#26 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21774 posts) -
Give up for now, until it's shown again or cancelled.
#27 Posted by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Clock-w0rk

but if all of that is true.. then the game itself won't be able to be played on the PS3... he'll the PS4 might not handle it.

#28 Posted by lamprey263 (24153 posts) -
I've more faith in Agent coming out for PS3 as a Sony exclusive than I do for Last Guardian. I'll take Atlus announcing Persona 5 over Fumito Ueda finishing this game.
#29 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9818 posts) -

I've more faith in Agent coming out for PS3 as a Sony exclusive than I do for Last Guardian. I'll take Atlus announcing Persona 5 over Fumito Ueda finishing this game.lamprey263

Agent will be ps4 exclusive I bet.  It's the only explanation for it taking this long. 

#30 Posted by lhughey (4240 posts) -
I'm not sure why people are looking forward to this game so much. Sure, they put out a game that people liked 8 years ago, but they haven't done jack since. 8 years with no release means the good developers have left the company! Its not even the same crew working there, so there is no company reputation.
#31 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -
vapor war confirmed
#32 Posted by Zidaneski (8473 posts) -

Best to just forget about it. As others have said, even if by some miracle it gets released it will be a horrible game. I feel the same about FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3.  

#33 Posted by Basinboy (11230 posts) -

Don't get your hopes up

#34 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5595 posts) -

Think?  No.  Pray?  Yes.  :oops:

ICO and SotC are two of the most memorable games I've played.  I know TLG is in development hell and probably wouldn't turn out great anyways, but I still have hopes for it.

#35 Posted by m_machine024 (15017 posts) -

Waiting and see. I'll check it out if it ever comes out.

#36 Posted by hoosier7 (3843 posts) -
I think they'll show something for the back end of 2014 at TGS. Whether it'll be The Last Guardian i don't know but i do doubt it.
#37 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

Rocker6
Team Ico is literally only like 30-40 people. They also work on other Sony Japan Studio games the Puppeteer and Rain on PS3. Ex. The lead artist from ICO and Shadow of the Colossus is working on Knack. The Last Guardian isn't draining money from Sony considering its probably only being worked on by a hand full of people at any given time. My thought is that its going to be a PS4 title but its only going to be worked on when these other projects finish.
#38 Posted by johny300 (12494 posts) -
Sony said TLG is put on hold until they finish Knack, Pupeeter, Rain and some other game, I think it will be a PS4 game, maybe 2014 release? who knows I'm just waiting while i enjoy other games.
#39 Posted by Yoshi9000 (396 posts) -

I still hope for it's release (not desperatley) and I havent even owned a play station. I do plan on getting one in the future though, because I've lost interest in multiplayer games and the ps3 seems to have all the awesome single player games. The last guardian looks to be a unique experience that I definitely would like to see released.

#40 Posted by Aidenfury19 (2488 posts) -

Word is to not expect it until next E3.

#41 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -
It's vapourware. It should come out on PS3 if we ever want to see it. They don't need to restart the game for the nth time.
#42 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Dont really care. I rather have ape escape 4
#43 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -
Team Ico is literally only like 30-40 people. Nonstop-Madness
Team size has no relevance to game quality, game size/content or game development cycle. Fumito Ueda is a ridiculous perfectionist (even worse than Kazunori Yamauchi) and has pretty much ruined the project's chance of ever being on the scale of SOTC. It needs to come out sooner rather than later if it ever is to receive any kind of praise.
#44 Posted by EXLINK (5719 posts) -
Lost interest/gave up on this title years ago. Don't care anymore.
#45 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

Yeah and Agent is going to be there too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#46 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Not likely, Kingdom Hearts III was confirmed though

#47 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]Team Ico is literally only like 30-40 people. foxhound_fox
Team size has no relevance to game quality, game size/content or game development cycle. Fumito Ueda is a ridiculous perfectionist (even worse than Kazunori Yamauchi) and has pretty much ruined the project's chance of ever being on the scale of SOTC. It needs to come out sooner rather than later if it ever is to receive any kind of praise.

Game quality? definitely not but game size/content and game development cycle can definitely be affected by team size, especially by a team that is usually spread pretty thin. Yamauchi took like 5-6 years because Polyphony had to develop a massive freaking game on a new console with a crazy architecture and a relatively small team in respect to their vision. Turn 10 had over 300 people working on Forza 3 when Polyphony only had about 150 working on GT5.
#48 Posted by hippiesanta (9888 posts) -
don't really care anymore ...... ps3 got quantic dreams
#49 Posted by silversix_ (14789 posts) -
Not hyping games you play as a 7y old so no.
#50 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

Yeah and Agent is going to be there too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xhawk27

GTA4 - 2008

GTA5 - 2013

RDR Teaser - 2005

RDR - 2010

Max Payne 3 - ?

Max Payne 3 initial release date - 2009

Max Payne 3 release date - 2012

Rockstar has huge development cycles for their games. Agent is still alive but probably on hold because of GTA5.