Anyone else not digging the motion sensing crap

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts

I mean it works in certain situations like for example a tennis game, and even then I rather use a controller, people come home from work all tired and the last thing I want to do is stand up and swing around, so I dont know if I will be getting Natal add on for xbox, Wii sports was fun for a few days but got old real fast. They just need to stick to a traditional controller, 360's controller is by far the best I cant see myself playing Forza with a motion sensing steering wheel it just gets old fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3c81036be81
deactivated-5f3c81036be81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5f3c81036be81
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

NOOOOO! i am not a fan, if all consoles ended up like this, i would be very dissapointed. its the whole reason why i hardly ever play the wii and almost always play the ps3.

what happened to the good old days when you just used a controller (technically those days still exist today:P)

what i am a fan of though is the ps3/360 wireless controllers.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

you should ask this question 3 months after natal and ps wand hit. they will be better then what the wii offers.

i had fun with the wii untill iknew i could just sit there and make a few arm jesters and get the same results as if i were acting like i wasbatting,pitching jumping,boxing, ect ect

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rattler1990
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts
yea..lets wait until they are out before we analyze
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19602 Posts
I think it's the next step forward from the analogue controllers, but few games have really got it working well yet.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

Good idea bad technology out right now. I can't say anything about the PS3's motion controller but so far motion controller games have been inaccurate and alot of work needs to be done.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

So I take it you don't like it judging by your description in the heading of this thread?

So what's it like using Sony's Wand or Microsoft's Project Natal?

Are any of the games tailored for it not any good are they?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Anyone who wanted motion controls would have gotten a wii by now. Natal and the sony wand are gonna do a belly flop when they try to jump in the pool.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

tiger woods disc golf on the wii kicks !@#... motion controls ftw!!!!

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AdmiralBison

Anyone who wanted motion controls would have gotten a wii by now. Natal and the sony wand are gonna do a belly flop when they try to jump in the pool.

topgunmv

and yet Wii still keep selling.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

AdmiralBison

Apparently you missed all the news lately where its, you know, not.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

I dont like it. If done well, it can enhance a game very well.(Metroid Prime 3 etc)Sadly, most developers see this as a gimmick to grab some quick bucks

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

topgunmv

oh wow. Like you know,has it's actually stopped selling?

or don't you mean it just simply slowed down?

Trav57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Trav57
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts
I hate motion controls, it's the reason I sold my wii
VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 VeryGnawty
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts

I don't see whats wrong with a real gaming controller.

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts

Yeah the Wii sucks!

appletsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 appletsauce
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

I don't like the one-button air mouse scheme either, but I might get a Wii due to wanting at least 15 games for it. I just don't see why people are wanting to move "beyond" standard controllers when they're just fine as they are. I don't see how the wand is superior in the least. It feels like dumb-downed controls to me, like playing everything with a mouse, only a mouse is more convenient.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

I will be extremely interested if Peter Molyneux could get his hands off little boys, and give the audience what they really want: Black & White for Natal

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Motion will complement traditional controllers, not replace them. Wii hater would be quick to say that "Teh Wii haz onli motion controlz" but many games that use the Wiimote and nunchuck don't have motion control, not even waggle. It just shows that those Wii hater have never given the Wiimote and nuncuck a chance. It's extremely comfortable to be able to rest your hands wherever you wish.

I'm really curious to see how Sony and MS handle motion control. All these demonstrations have been great, but we've yet to see real in0game used for something that was built ground up for motion control. This is still a developing tech, so there's a lot of refinement to do.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AdmiralBison

Motion will complement traditional controllers, not replace them. Wii hater would be quick to say that "Teh Wii haz onli motion controlz" but many games that use the Wiimote and nunchuck don't have motion control, not even waggle. It just shows that those Wii hater have never given the Wiimote and nuncuck a chance. It's extremely comfortable to be able to rest your hands wherever you wish.

I'm really curious to see how Sony and MS handle motion control. All these demonstrations have been great, but we've yet to see real in0game used for something that was built ground up for motion control. This is still a developing tech, so there's a lot of refinement to do.

jimkabrhel

from the sounds of it TC knows since he has used Sony's Wand and Microsoft's Project Natal.

The controls for the Wi are well done with a lot of the games- What the real issue is that the games don't appeal to some of the people here in System Wars.

Yeah there is still some work to be done and Project Natal is still a prototype.

I can see already the ease of use for menu navigation for motion technology and this has also been demonstrated on one of Hitachi's TV which they will implement this type of motion tech into their T.V.s next year.

Ithink the argument of functionality of due to any limitations that motion tech has in comparrison over control pads is moot.

The same arguement is said with KB+mouse vs Control pads- though obviously you can assign more functions and have mouse and precision with a mouse I this has not stopped the popularity of control pads.

1-easy to use

2-accessible

3 in some ways more intuitive then KB+M

So with motion tech it only takes smart creative programming and software to take advantage of motion tech and we may find that it

1. easy to use

2 accessible

3 in many ways more intuitive then control pads.

Funny thing though- I recently watched the movie Back to the Future 2 and the main character Marty travels to the year 2015 and he stumbles across a nostalgic 80's cafe with a shootem up arcade with a gun. 2 kids watch him get a high score and he is so proud when both say" Ewwww....

how can he play that he has t use his hands"..

LOL I couldn't stop laughing because this is the attitude now with a lot of people here, but they don't realise that a new generation of kids are growing up with motion technology, touch screen and voice recognition-They would be able to more things then what we can do with our control pads and there is no way they would go back to using our "ewww" controllers.

92GreenYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 92GreenYJ
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

topgunmv

Oh you mean where its experienceing a slow in sales, just like most companies, products, and services do this time of year, but still managing to be on top of the heap, still turning a profit on every unit they sell while Sony and M$ are hemoraging money on every console they give away? And I agree the wand and natal will flop. Too little too late. Nintendo beat them to the punch, now they are trying to play catch up. ANd lets face it, Natal is just like the Eye thing from the PS2, how many of those things actually sold?
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Why is it that wii haters have no idea what they're talking about when they bad mouth motion controls?

hashabnelah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hashabnelah
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

Motion sensing is here to stay, just like Rock n' Roll was in the 1950s. Just because developers are misusing it or the fact that it is has some flaws (it is the first generation of use in video games) does not invalidate the technology.

Perhaps people do not like change and try to resist it regardless of how futile it may be.

CFFAguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CFFAguy
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts

Hate it, when I get back from classes or work I want to relax not flail my arms in the air like an idiot. If I wanted to play tennis I would go outside and play it, not play a cheap imitation trying to convince myself that its like the real deal.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

For about 4 months I thought it was the absolute coolest thing to ever happen to videogames. Now i just dont care at all. Like it doesn't excite me to hear like, if a new street fighter was coming to wii you pull back and push forward to do a hadoken.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

I hope that both Natal and Wand tank so badly that no one will ever think about incorporating motion sensor technology into home gaming, ever again. Seriously, this fad is almost as bad as those early 90's virtual reality games with the big helmets.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 goblaa

if a new street fighter was coming to wii you pull back and push forward to do a hadoken.

VendettaRed07

Yeah, but that would be a bad game unless capcom was trying to make a pick-up and play SF.

Traditional fighters is the one genre the wiimote/nunchuck actually doesn't do better than the other console's controllers.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I hope that both Natal and Wand tank so badly that no one will ever think about incorporating motion sensor technology into home gaming, ever again. Seriously, this fad is almost as bad as those early 90's virtual reality games with the big helmets.

Merex760

Oh god, you mean the Virtual Boy(replace helmets with googles), I remember playing on that back in the day, it was horrible.:(

SolemnJedi79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolemnJedi79
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

If it aint broke don't fix it. that statement.

I mean i never once heard any gamer complain about having to use a *gasp* controller, but we got motion sensing introduced anyways, I hear many complain about the lack of say, a hard drive on Wii, and do we get that? no. So really, controllers were exactly fine for gaming, and could continue to be. Motion sensing is a fad, the only great Wii games either let you choose a Gamecube control (SSBB, Mario Kart Wii), or had very little waggle involved (SMG, Twilight Princess), if that is going to be the case then a standard controller is good enough.

Motion Sensing would only become 'standard' if they forced it upon us... oh wait.. they did.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 goblaa

I mean i never once heard any gamer complain about having to use a *gasp* controller,

SolemnJedi79

Gamers were never the ones complaining, it was the other 95% of people on the Earth that were.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

[QUOTE="Merex760"]

mitu123

Oh god, you mean the Virtual Boy(replace helmets with googles), I remember playing on that back in the day, it was horrible.:(

Yeah, those. Or the ones with the platforms you'd stand on in the mall or arcades and pay like $10 to play.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Merex760"]

Merex760

Yeah, those. Or the ones with the platforms you'd stand on in the mall or arcades and pay like $10 to play.

I don't remember seeing that, then again, I was younger back then so I don't remember a lot of things.

The arcades I went to didn't have that, I'm kind of lucky.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Worked well in some games. Like Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Every FPS i've played with it controls like **** though.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 goblaa

Worked well in some games. Like Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Every FPS i've played with it controls like **** though.AAllxxjjnn

At least they don't control anywhere near as bad as they do on the PS3 and 360...

If you're gonna play a FPS, play on the PC or get out.

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts

If it works well I have no problems with it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Meh. As soon as I got my Wii and started getting into games, I noticed it was just a more complicated and time consuming way of pressing buttons. It doesn't add any "immersion" beyond what a gamepad does (since its still interacting with a 3D space on a 2D plane) and only benefits a very few select genres (sports, racing and console-borne shooters) while adding almost absolutely nothing to others.

Motion controls shouldn't be "standard" until we get full, true virtual reality.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I am not a huge fan of motion but the IR function on the Wii works great and think that is the best thing to come out this gen.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Worked well in some games. Like Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Every FPS i've played with it controls like **** though.goblaa

At least they don't control anywhere near as bad as they do on the PS3 and 360...

Wiimote isn't really that much better than using a controller. It still takes an hour to turn 180 degress.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 goblaa

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Worked well in some games. Like Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Every FPS i've played with it controls like **** though.AAllxxjjnn

Wiimote isn't really that much better than using a controller. It still takes an hour to turn 180 degress.

Seems to work fine for me. The problem with the wiimote is getting it to stop turning...

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

92GreenYJ

Oh you mean where its experienceing a slow in sales, just like most companies, products, and services do this time of year, but still managing to be on top of the heap, still turning a profit on every unit they sell while Sony and M$ are hemoraging money on every console they give away? And I agree the wand and natal will flop. Too little too late. Nintendo beat them to the punch, now they are trying to play catch up. ANd lets face it, Natal is just like the Eye thing from the PS2, how many of those things actually sold?

The only company losing money on their gaming division is Sony, Microsoft's has been profitable for quite some time now.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AdmiralBison

unlike the Eyetoy.

Micreosoft are making it standard with the Xbox360 shifting SKUs around it.

Project Natal is not just for games as it has interactive purposes as well since it is being launched on Wndows 7.

Hitachi is launchin gtheir TVS next year with Motion technology so similair to Project Natal and other manufacturers are following suit.

If anything Motion tech has been out for the Wii for how long now? It's still popular, it's not going anywhere and looks like it is here to stay.

Regardless if people on System Wars here like it or not.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Oh good the old "You have to swing your arms in a full circle and stand up and run around to be able to play the Wii, there's no other way, honest, not one" argument...
justhat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 justhat1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

here is an idea try making some good games then work on motion sensoring

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I'm not. Then again I do enjoy my Wii games. Just so long as not all consoles have a manditory motion sensing controller, I'm good. I still prefer my standard controller, always will.