Anyone else get both?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nihonking
Member since 2013 • 187 Posts

I picked up both and wanted to know the guys that got both which do you prefer so far? I have been been playing the one little more but i think its because its slightly newer.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

@nihonking said:

I picked up both and wanted to know the guys that got both which do you prefer so far? I have been been playing the one little more but i think its because its slightly newer.

I purchased both PS4 and XBOX ONE. So far, I prefer XBOX ONE = More exclusive games, better exclusive games, better online service, better controller, more features.

I still like my PS4 though, it's great too.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I could get both right now but I'm waiting till early next year, maybe late Jan mid Feb to get one or the other, then eventually both. My bro just bought an XO, so I'll probably just go over and play there for now. I'm just waiting for the next better built systems and more games.

BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

I purchased both and I'm recommending PS4 to family and friends because it's easier to just play video games. Both controllers are superb and in my opinion PS4 made the most improvements in that area when you compare it to its predecessor.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

I had both, but I returned the Xbox One/10 shortly after getting the RRoD 2.0

Got an Ouya instead. Cool little system. At least I don't have to worry about it bricking 2 hours later after purchasing it.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nihonking

Awesome replys guys seems that guys who want both or own both are a little more stable lol. Ya I love both I honestly cant decide which controller is better but I can say I have been hitting ass creed and 2k14 on ps4 and dead rising and forza on xbone love both tho. As far as launch exclusives we all know who won that battle. Lets see what sony has cooked up and remote play is awesome I play ps4 while I'm at the beach(Miami) or out and about awesome. Like I said before thanks for the feedback and my pc's have not launched a game in 2 weeks.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I had em both preordered but I canceled my X1. =P

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nihonking
@Allicrombie said:

Seems to be the theme. I cant speak for all games stops for ps4 launch there was about 100 people and for xbox one it was about 30. It might be the location the one I went to was in a upper middle class area . The place was silent compared to the ps4 launch and all the chatter.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@nihonking said:
@Allicrombie said:

Seems to be the theme. I cant speak for all games stops for ps4 launch there was about 100 people and for xbox one it was about 30. It might be the location the one I went to was in a upper middle class area . The place was silent compared to the ps4 launch and all the chatter.

Opposite here, PS4 and XB1 were the same.. hella crazy and sold out within the first few minutes.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Going for a PS4 but wont rule out the Bone in the far future as a cheap slim version .

Unless the Bone becomes the hardcore shmup console like the 360 was, then I have no choice .

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Probably gonna get both eventually but right now its looking like Im getting an X1 first. It has more games I want to play.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Got both. Wish I only got the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Xbox One is great -- it looks great but it outputs in 420p on my 8 year old tube TV. I wasn't planning on getting rid of this thing until it died -- has fantastic color and is sturdy as a mother, but looks like I'll have to ditch it. Unfortunately having just bought both new systems, my budget isn't ready for a TV upgrade as well. Pretty bummed to be quite honest.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@jamejame said:

Got both. Wish I only got the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Xbox One is great -- it looks great but it outputs in 420p on my 8 year old tube TV. I wasn't planning on getting rid of this thing until it died -- has fantastic color and is sturdy as a mother, but looks like I'll have to ditch it. Unfortunately having just bought both new systems, my budget isn't ready for a TV upgrade as well. Pretty bummed to be quite honest.

You should have read the requirements.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/disclaimer

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I picked up both, but I'm not sure if I am opening my Xbone.

I'm on the fence, I have no games I bought...however, I did get Killer Instinct for free due to my massive 100,000+ Gamerscore and longtime Xbox Live Gold Tenure from the original Xbox.

Still, I played K.I. at a friends, and it wasn't worth buying an expensive $500 machine for. I got multiplats on the PS4, that leaves me with DR3 which I hated that series...I really might just take it back until they release an EXCLUSIVE game I would buy the system for. The PS4 launch wasn't amazing, but it did have a few things going for it. Let me explain.

I'm just on the fence. The PS4 launching for a cheaper $400 (+$10 gift card), PS4 being more powerful for multiplats, and launching a week earlier ensured the ONLY multiplat purchases like AC and BF4 I would buy on it. I'm really in a pickle, because I have a history of buying these things at launch, but I don't have games I want to play on my Xbone sitting in the living room, unopened.

When I bought the $400 360 at 2005 launch, although misguided I was salivating over PD0. I also was looking forward to GeoW. Plus, it was the FIRST next gen device to launch at the time, so there was excitement there.

When I bought the $600 PS3 at 2006 launch, I had been waiting for a price drop in Blu-Ray players which were $1000 at the time, and The PS3 came with Blu-Rays for my 1080P HDTVs, and the promise of Naughty Dog's new games and MGS4 as an exclusive (I bought a PS2 launch 2000 for DVD playback and hovering MGS2 back in the day).

Fast foward to today, I bought my Xbone. I was there in the store, but it's the last next gen system to release. No points or excitement there for being next gen anymore, I got that from buying the Wii U last year. I have no interest in Kinect whatsoever (same for move, PS camera, etc). It appears Kinect itself has no good games anyways and I would just unplug it as I have a bad ass center channel speaker I have instead. I have no interest in the media aspects for TV or NFL. I do love games, but the EXCLUSIVE games left to buy for Xbone I have no interest in them. I've never been a racing fan, I dislike the DR series (I own 1 & 2 on 360), RYSE is mediocre as hell and I never liked Crytek anyways, and I got season, piecemeal, downloadable fighting game K.I. for free but that singular game not screaming keep your Xbone for $500 and play it for a year!

I even asked to see a list of upcoming exclusives in the next few months, the guy in the store couldn't list anything but multiplats. I have a feeling Halo 5 will be available Xmas 2014, so why not wait for that bundle and possible price drop?

I've always bought systems at launch which is why I bought mine today, but I'm really worried that I should just wait six months for the inevitable price drop probably announced at E3 2014 right around the corner, or at Xmas 2014. Plus, a FULL Xbone game will be bundled in by next year, I'm sure.

I would rather finish by backlog on 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PC, handhelds, and wait for a KICKASS exclusive like a Halo 5 or whatever to release. I'm getting Destiny on PS4 due to the extra content and extra power under the PS4s hood. While I understand it's a nice machine, and I have the money so that's not the issue as it's in my Livingroom as we speak unopened...At this point in time, the Xbone feels like a redundant purchase.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Xbone isn't a next-gen system so no sane person would buy that POS.

PS4 is the only right choice, stronger, better, cheaper and has the best future with MUCH better first-party support than MS.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nihonking

@SolidTy said:

I'm on the fence, I have no games I bought...however, I did get Killer Instinct for free due to my massive 100,000+ Gamerscore and longtime Xbox Live Gold Tenure from the original Xbox.

Still, I played K.I. at a friends, and it wasn't worth buying an expensive $500 machine for. I got multiplats on the PS4, that leaves me with DR3 which I hated that series...I really might just take it back until they release an EXCLUSIVE game I would buy the system for. The PS4 launch wasn't amazing, but it did have a few things going for it. Let me explain.

I'm just on the fence. The PS4 launching for a cheaper $400 (+$10 gift card), PS4 being more powerful for multiplats, and launching a week earlier ensured the ONLY multiplat purchases like AC and BF4 I would buy on it. I'm really in a pickle, because I have a history of buying these things at launch, but I don't have games I want to play on my Xbone sitting in the living room, unopened.

When I bought the $400 360 at 2005 launch, although misguided I was salivating over PD0. I also was looking forward to GeoW. Plus, it was the FIRST next gen device to launch at the time, so there was excitement there.

When I bought the $600 PS3 at 2006 launch, I had been waiting for a price drop in Blu-Ray players which were $1000 at the time, and The PS3 came with Blu-Rays for my 1080P HDTVs, and the promise of Naughty Dog's new games and MGS4 as an exclusive (I bought a PS2 launch 2000 for DVD playback and hovering MGS2 back in the day).

Fast foward to today, I bought my Xbone. I was there in the store, but it's the last next gen system to release. No points or excitement there for being next gen anymore, I got that from buying the Wii U last year. I have no interest in Kinect whatsoever (same for move, PS camera, etc). It appears Kinect itself has no good games anyways and I would just unplug it as I have a bad ass center channel speaker I have instead. I have no interest in the media aspects for TV or NFL. I do love games, but the EXCLUSIVE games left to buy for Xbone I have no interest in them. I've never been a racing fan, I dislike the DR series (I own 1 & 2 on 360), RYSE is mediocre as hell and I never liked Crytek anyways, and I got season, piecemeal, downloadable fighting game K.I. for free but that singular game not screaming keep your Xbone for $500 and play it for a year!

I even asked to see a list of upcoming exclusives in the next few months, the guy in the store couldn't list anything but multiplats. I have a feeling Halo 5 will be available Xmas 2014, so why not wait for that bundle and possible price drop?

I've always bought systems at launch which is why I bought mine today, but I'm really worried that I should just wait six months for the inevitable price drop probably announced at E3 2014 right around the corner, or at Xmas 2014. Plus, a FULL Xbone game will be bundled in by next year, I'm sure.

I would rather finish by backlog on 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PC, handhelds, and wait for a KICKASS exclusive like a Halo 5 or whatever to release. I'm getting Destiny on PS4 due to the extra content and extra power under the PS4s hood.

Good read ya I get you on waiting. I have a backlog that goes all the way to og xbox and ps2 to be honest not to mention my stupid steam impulse purchases. I think at this point Im collecting games as if it were a game lol. To be honest after reading your post and your wants and needs id send the ps4 and xbone back and game on Pc until about a year from now when the games start really pouring out. Anyway enjoy the consoles with whichever choice you make.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@nihonking: I got both. Both are good.

I prefer the Xbox One.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidTy

@nihonking said:

@SolidTy said:

I would rather finish by backlog on 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PC, handhelds, and wait for a KICKASS exclusive like a Halo 5 or whatever to release. I'm getting Destiny on PS4 due to the extra content and extra power under the PS4s hood. While I understand it's a nice machine, and I have the money so that's not the issue as it's in my Livingroom as we speak unopened...At this point in time, the Xbone feels like a redundant purchase.

Good read ya I get you on waiting. I have a backlog that goes all the way to og xbox and ps2 to be honest not to mention my stupid steam impulse purchases. I think at this point Im collecting games as if it were a game lol. To be honest after reading your post and your wants and needs id send the ps4 and xbone back and game on Pc until about a year from now when the games start really pouring out. Anyway enjoy the consoles with whichever choice you make.

I have three gaming PCs (four if you count my powerful little lappy), but due to DRM and the fact I'm a collector that takes pride in game values, I use my gaming ONLY for PC exclusive games. I don't buy multiplatform games on PC unless through a bundle deal of some sort. A game like BF4 is an example of something I can play and sell or give away the retail disc to a friend on console, but if I buy on PC it's locked up in Origin DRM and has no resell/collectors...not for me. Exclusive RTS, select exclusive FPS, select exclusive RPGs, and exclusive MMOs are what my PCs get used for.

I agree though, having been apart of so many console launches including today's Xbone...launches suck. At least Nintendo usually has a first party title I enjoy though, haha.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

@jamejame said:

You should have read the requirements.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/disclaimer

Not saying I'm faultless, just seemed kind of ridiculous for a console not to support 1080i. Never even came into consideration.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Have the Day One Xbox, getting a PS4 soon as the next wave of shipments come around. I wanted to wait till holiday 2014 but nah, already cleared a spot on the shelf.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

They're both fine. The gaming side of things favors PS4 for now, the extraneous features are well in MS' favor.

PC still trumps both.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nihonking
@SolidTy said:

@nihonking said:

@SolidTy said:

I have three gaming PCs (four if you count my powerful little lappy), but due to DRM and the fact I'm a collector that takes pride in game values, I use my gaming ONLY for PC exclusive games. I don't buy multiplatform games on PC unless through a bundle deal of some sort. A game like BF4 is an example of something I can play and sell or give away the retail disc to a friend on console, but if I buy on PC it's locked up in Origin DRM and has no resell/collectors...not for me. Exclusive RTS, select exclusive FPS, select exclusive RPGs, and exclusive MMOs are what my PCs get used for.

I agree though, having been apart of so many console launches including today's Xbone...launches suck. At least Nintendo usually has a first party title I enjoy though, haha.

I get hear you Im the same I have 3 high end rigs and also (here comes the boo's) a macbook and alienware for my laptop gaming. Yet I still feel the need to collect also by purchasing the .games with disc included.

ShadowDragon78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShadowDragon78
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

I have both and have been playing the xbox one just a bit more because of Forza 5 but I still prefer the PS4 over it slightly.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

I've also picked up both and so far my xbox has been getting a lot more use. I prefer it so far.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nihonking

@ShadowDragon78 said:

I have both and have been playing the xbox one just a bit more because of Forza 5 but I still prefer the PS4 over it slightly.

I'm a car guy so forza 5 was a must have this game helps me not get tickets in real life lol. Just a side note if you have not played dead rising 3 its awesome. As for ps4 ass creed black flag has had heavy rotation plus a lil nba 2k.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Translation: Mooooo

Why do you try so hard

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Would've gotten both if the Kinect wasn't bundled with the Xbox One. Don't want Kinect so, until a bundle without Kinect, it's just PS4.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nihonking

@RR360DD said:

@SolidTy said:

Why do you try so hard

I made this thread to be against that kind of stuff but I see where this is heading oh god. *ducks down*

IWonULost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 IWonULost
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm too judicious with my money and long-term financial goals to buy both and pay for the online subs for both. Not to mention my limited expendable free time does not justify two consoles, and gaming is just one of several hobbies I enjoy.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nihonking
@iwonulost said:

I'm too judicious with my money and long-term financial goals to buy both and pay for the online subs for both. Not to mention my limited expendable free time does not justify two consoles, and gaming is just one of several hobbies I enjoy.

Good for you I put more money into my cars than gaming but if you make enough you can have your cake and eat it too. Plus 1000 is really not much if you have a decent job to be honest. Im thinking to my self if you think 1000 is allot you don't want to become a car enthusiast lol that's a drop in the bucket.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SolidTy

@nihonking said:
@SolidTy said:

@nihonking said:

@SolidTy said:

I get hear you Im the same I have 3 high end rigs and also (here comes the boo's) a macbook and alienware for my laptop gaming. Yet I still feel the need to collect also by purchasing the .games with disc included.

Wow, we are very similar...Great to meet you! My Xbone is a Day One, I know it sounds silly but I want it for that, even though I have literally have very little to nothing I want to play lol. It's rough because on 360 launch, I wanted PD0 (I even bought two C.E.s of it, but that game ended up blowing to me). My lady thinks I'm crazy for wanting the unit for the day one controller/achievement! haha. Money isn't an issue, although time is. I simply have less time. I honestly wish I could justify the $500 but the media aspects aren't for me. I have a little while before I make my final decision. :(

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nihonking
@SolidTy said:

@nihonking said:
@SolidTy said:

@nihonking said:

@SolidTy said:

Wow, we are very similar...Great to meet you! My Xbone is a Day One, I know it sounds silly but I want it for that, even though I have nothing to play lol. My lady thinks I'm crazy! haha.

Likewise and game on friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I'd rather throw my money into a fireplace or use it as toilet paper than buy an Xbox One.

Okay, not really, but I still wouldn't buy it since Microsoft's attempts at deceiving the uninformed are really pathetic. Not to mention that it's hardly a next gen system when compared to a PS4, and they're lacking any major first party studios that might entice me into buying one.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SolidTy
@nihonking said:

RR360DD said:

@SolidTy said:

Why do you try so hard

I made this thread to be against that kind of stuff but I see where this is heading oh god. *ducks down*

He starts these things like this all the time and reports them.

He employs Argumentum ad hominem tactics.

Your topic "ANYONE ELSE GET BOTH?"

His Post, "Hur Dur, Y U triez sooo HARD MOOO?! (Circa 2004, lol)"

He never answered if he got both or delivered anything meaningful to the conversation or thread.

----

Back on topic:

I should also point out, some people got both machines simply for free due to their jobs and post as if they made a decision.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I got both. I have been playing around with my new Xbox One all afternoon. It is what i expected, nothing more, nothing less. It is a competent video game console but Kinect 2.0 so far is just as worthless as the original. I like Forza 5 well enough, it looks good and plays good. I like my PS4 a lot more at this point, mainly because i bought all of the third party multiplatform games for it instead of Xbox One. But i have to stress again how much i am NOT liking Kinect 2.0. I use the controller for everything. I tried the demo for Kinect Sports Rivals and i ran into A LOT of problems with the Kinect sensor. Kind of pissed me off and made me wish i had not bought the One.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nihonking

@XVision84 said:

I'd rather throw my money into a fireplace or use it as toilet paper than buy an Xbox One.

Okay, not really, but I still wouldn't buy it since Microsoft's attempts at deceiving the uninformed are really pathetic. Not to mention that it's hardly a next gen system when compared to a PS4, and they're lacking any major first party studios that might entice me into buying one.

Completely understand to each his own man as for me I just hope the games start rolling out for ps4 ,pc , xbox one because the start of each gen is so freaking boring lol. Don't get me wrong I love the consoles but man we have some sick games coming up we have to wait for.

titanfall, watchdogs, second son , the order, the crew, few others this gen needs to ramp up lol cant wait for 2014.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I picked up both of my PS4s I preordered. I have no reason to buy x1. Kinect is lame & MS is despicable.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Even at $100 less the PS4 IMO isn't worth it, not wasting my money like I did with the PS3!

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I have both, I'm enjoying the PS4 a lot more... It has the better muliplats that I want to play. The X1 is cool and everything, I like the TV stuff with the cable box integration. But I myself hardly watch any TV, I mainly use HuLu and Netflix. But it is cool to have. Also on the xbox the Kinect works decently well for voice commands. So the X1 has a few cool features, but I'm not really seeing the big picture here, on how this will make gaming better. On the PS side I have a console thats incredibly simple to use, games install instantly... its not really something I've had to time, when I started killzone I had no idea the game was being installed, if I had to wait a minute or 2 before I could play the game, I did not notice it. So anyone correct me on that, because I'm pretty sure the game started as soon as you put the disk in. Now one of the reason I say PS4 right now, even though both lack great exclusives, is mainly because of the multiplats. And yes I know, pretty much all of them are better on PC if available, I know I'm a PC gamer as well. But I'm mainly speaking for those who prefer consoles. They both have their pros and cons... but for over all gaming, and games coming in the near future PS to me looks like the much better console. Now if you dont care about your multiplats games being inferior on your console, and if Forza, and Titan Fall is something you must have, then I think you should consider getting one. Even if gaming is not the main focus on the console, its still a decent gaming machine, especially if you have friends on the system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@nihonking said:

@XVision84 said:

Completely understand to each his own man as for me I just hope the games start rolling out for ps4 ,pc , xbox one because the start of each gen is so freaking boring lol. Don't get me wrong I love the consoles but man we have some sick games coming up we have to wait for.

titanfall, watchdogs, second son , the order, the crew, few others this gen needs to ramp up lol cant wait for 2014.

Yep, very excited about the games coming out. This gen should be a lot better than the previous one right off the bat. I'm also looking forward to The Witcher 3, and I can't wait for CD Projekt RED to release more information on Cyberpunk 2077.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

I got both. Prefer the ps4 controller, digging both new ui, but think I like xb1's a little more. Although there are little things that are bothersome, like not automatically being in party chat when you start a party.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

I bought the PS4 to be my multiplatform console (and for its exclusives). Last gen that was the 360's job.

I'll get the X1 when it has an exclusive that I care about, which at this time appears to be Halo 5. Not matter what I would buy it for Halo.