Anyone else feel the same way

This topic is locked from further discussion.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

This will probably be the last gen where I buy into the Big Budget/ "AAA" title hype. These games while can be fun just require to much. They try to often to squeeze money from me with DLC and microtransactions. Then if they aren't doing that they come out the gate broken every once in a while or requiring huge patches/updates. Any one else feel the same?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Nope. Ill always be interested in big budget games and end up playing most of them. If I buy them day is another story.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#3  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@360ru13r:

Nope,

Only game that came out broke to me was AC unity, which I got as a gift and traded in. Everything else has been fine. With the last three AAA games being glorious:

Bloodborne

Witcher 3

Batman AK

And indies like Axiom Verge, Cities Skylines, also being phenomenal.

Then there are pc exclusives like Galactic Civilizations 3... many late nights with just one more turn.

Will be doing this til I am dead... 36 now and been gaming since the Atari 2600 / apple iie , no plan to ever stop!

--- I do hate mobile gaming and Iap though...that shit has to stop.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
@Heil68 said:

Nope. Ill always be interested in big budget games and end up playing most of them. If I buy them day is another story.

Pretty much my thoughts^^. My "day f'ing one"-days are over. Just wait for GOTY editions and you should be fine OP. AAA-gaming is still fun and the spectacle can't be replaced with indie stuff completely.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@Heil68 said:

Pretty much my thoughts^^. My "day f'ing one"-days are over. Just wait for GOTY editions and you should be fine OP. AAA-gaming is still fun and the spectacle can't be replaced with indie stuff completely.

There will be some games I still buy day 1, like Uncharted or Mass Effect, but with a backlog and gamefly it cuts down on those purchases a lot

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

witcher 3, batman, lord of the rings game all great games

and the lego games are good for kids

triple aaa's are good u gotta watch out for EA though cuz they release shit like dragon age inquisition and ubisoft did ac unity I WILL Be careful of those 2 studios i aint buying shiz from them

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Just don't buy shit day one.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

Nope

Street Fighter V, DAY F*CKIN 1

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Your not alone, the big budget games are releasing more slower, more broken, more gimmicks, and more DLC.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Well , there's retro gaming if you think AAAAE game are being mlked to hard for you.

Its the norm now for DLC , microtransactions and patches.

Hell , maybe Japan is on to something when they focus on mobile gaming and handhelds only.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Why is it that DLC always equals squeezing money out of people and not expanding on the experience? I bet the 16 bit - 32 bit era versions of us would have loved the idea.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#12 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Why is it that DLC always equals squeezing money out of people and not expanding on the experience? I bet the 16 bit - 32 bit era versions of us would have loved the idea.

What is good for DLC:

DLC is alright in concept and was great when it was actual Expansions, remember the boxed copy additions you bought for pc games. Or actual bukly single player content like the fallout 3 expansions, elder scrolls shivering isles, or stuff like the last of us expansion dlc.

For multplayer - its good for things like burnout paradise that added a whole island and other features to the game, many free.

- killzone shadowfall giving every dlc map to the game for free and only charging for different new game modes that weren't in the previous games.

What is bad for DLC:

1. $15-20 map packs of 3 maps. Back in the day the base mp games used to have 20-40 maps, remember unreal tournament , quake 3 and battlefield 2? Now you are lucky to get 6-8 maps and then milked for dlc that fragments the install base. Maps shouldn't be that expensive, as they don't have scripting and actual story, hell great maps were a staple on quake , unreal and battlefield 2, to the degree of 1000s of maps and modes were released by modders for free.

2. Costume and doo dads.. -- Horse armor for $5, or costumes for all the characters in a game. STuff that used to be part of the game is now being partitioned off for sale. It used to be an unlock.

3. Stuff like gain extra weapons, and experience... why personally I think they aren't needed, in a single player game if someone wants to spend the money who cares as long as they don't make games need this stuff to progress (looking at you stupid phone games). But that is the problem, in the mobile market all games (excpet rare ones that come from pc roots) have this free or cheap to pay model where you can unlock stuff or gems to play more. Your gameplay is locked or requires tons of grinding to get anywhere. There is never a buy all purchase for a reaosnable price (if there is it's $100+ ) and they just want to milk you for all your worth.

4. Taking out game modes that used to be included in the base game. This is a bad trend and needs to stop. If a feature was in the previous game the sequel should have it too...don't take shit out and release for dlc money later... it's bullshit.