Anyone else fed up with these resolution news?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

TC, this has been going in in SW since at the very least, 2005. I got sick of it years ago, but it's nice to know at the beginning of the new machines what we are in for, especially because the differences now are greater than they were in the PS360 gen.

@seanmcloughlin said:

I'm sick of how hypocritical everyone is now. It didn't matter last gen what resolution and framerate PC games ran at and now they're selling points and used as "ownage" against each other.

It mattered last gen a lot, I participated in 100's of threads on resolution and framerates regarding PS360PC. Saw it constantly and I spoke on the issue tons. I don't recall you being on the SW scene in the early part of the gen though. To be clear, I'm not defending it, I'm just telling you that it was happening and it did matter last gen. You just weren't paying as much attention (I don't remember you being here either), but I was in countless threads about Framerates/Resolution involving Lens of Truth, Eurogamer, IGN, Gamespot.com, Game Informer, and many more talking about resolutions and framerates tons. Games from Red Dead Revolver, Prototype, Elder Scrolls 4, Fight Night, Grand Theft Auto 4...I was in a lot threads about Resolutions and Framerates being a big, big deal here.

I think this stuff will decrease a bit like it did last gen once these new systems have been more established. What we see today (resolutions/Framerates) is just something that was already measured last gen and it carried into this generation.

Right now, people want to know what system to buy, the systems are only months old so the deciding factor like Resolution/Framerates weighs into their decisions. Once the install base climbs to, say over 20million it won't be as exciting or whatever to those that care.

People like yourself got older, people like yourself are getting into SW now, and are posting in here more, and are noticing...but it was happening here for years and years.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I do this crazy thing, where I don't enter graphics threads or resolution threads. And that helps me not be sick of it, because I don't participate in it.

I suggest if they bother you so much, you begin to drown all that stuff out and focus on gaming related discussions you do enjoy.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SolidTy

@treedoor said:

It's one of those things where I figured, after the initial reveal that the Xbox One was less capable, the talk would die down.

I mean was it this bad in the PS2/Xbox era when both boxes cost the same, yet one was multiple times more powerful than the other? Then there was the Gamecube which was $100 less than the PS2 and also more powerful. I don't remember arguing about anything other than game library back in those days. That's what I wish people did today. There are never threads about how Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Forza, etc. is a better lineup of games than Knack(lol) and Killzone(lol). It's just "DIZ MULTIPLAT IS BTTUR LOOKN!!!".

Even when someone does bring up a gameplay thread, for example, posting videos and such of Titanfall, people just chime in and say "LOLZ 720P!!11!!".

There is no doubt in my mind that the internet is far stupider today than it was 10-12 years ago though.

I mean seriously; it's done. The consoles launched 3 months ago. We know the Xbox One will have worse-looking games, and we expect all future multiplats to show that from today until the end of the gen. It doesn't need to be the focal point of every discussion every second of the day.

No, people in SW back then were arguing about the superiority of the multiplats on Xbox over PS2 back then, big time.

Those people are mostly gone, I'm here, but new people are looking back at that gen through rose colored glasses, but they were younger. It was there. It magnified during the PS360 era too.

I don't have a problem or anything with your post, but I wanted to talk real about that generation. I was posting in SW then...99% of my posts were in SW for my entire posting career and my first post was in SW. I used to lurk and one day the misinformation being posted got me to make an account to finally join and post.

There was a lot more going on in SW. Superior multiplats was the biggest ammo Lemmings had over cows back then, when Halo didn't crop up. Sheep got in on the action.

Graphics threads comparing Metal Gear Solid 2 against Halo against Metroid Prime against Final Fantasy X against Brute Force against Starfox against Star Wars...

The new people today in SW weren't the same people, so when I see people talk about those generations, they aren't describing the SW experience.

You figure the Internet is 24/7, people were posting every day 365 days a year...multiplat superiority was a huge part of that discussion in SW.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SolidTy

@Couth_ said:

Lol system wars...

What else is there to discuss actually? Every time someone has an opinionated post it's "HURR DURR BLOG IT" or its locked by the mods for not being "system wars material".. system performance and sales are the only real system war right now.. The community here does it to itself

This is a great point and exactly true as well.

As jg4x suggested, people should just not click on those threads that bother them if they bother them so much. There is only so much to discuss 24/7 about games. What doesn't qualify is blog material, it really narrows the playing field.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

cows were certainly getting off on it when there was a resolution framerate disparity, a couple games on the Xbox One which have yet to come out get mentioned to pull off 1080p/60fps and already nobody cares, but the issue will more than likely come back to be popular when the next game on the PS4 pulls over 1080p/60fps and the Xbox One can't

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SolidTy

@lamprey263 said:

cows were certainly getting off on it when there was a resolution framerate disparity, a couple games on the Xbox One which have yet to come out get mentioned to pull off 1080p/60fps and already nobody cares, but the issue will more than likely come back to be popular when the next game on the PS4 pulls over 1080p/60fps and the Xbox One can't

It will also be popular and huge news when the Xbone pulls over each and ever PS4 game this generation as well. It goes both ways, equal.
Whatever system gets the edge in a multiplat will be huge in SW. It's not any particular fanboy groups fault, it is what it always has been.

I was here in the Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 days and multiplat advantages were a big, huge deal.

I was here in the PS360Wii and multiplat advantages were a big, huge deal.

The Wii U/PS4/Xbone days...multiplat advantages are going to again be a big deal. There is only so much to talk about in a forum called SW...the rest is locked for being offtopic or blog material.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I do this crazy thing, where I don't enter graphics threads or resolution threads. And that helps me not be sick of it, because I don't participate in it.

I suggest if they bother you so much, you begin to drown all that stuff out and focus on gaming related discussions you do enjoy.

I said 3-4 times that this wasn't about SW ;).

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

@Sushiglutton: Yeah it's old now. We get it. PS4 is faster. Move on to more important things. Then again Gamespot has a habit of posting utter bullshit news on slow days

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Seemed like the thing to talk about for at least as long as I've been here. It's been one resolution/fps Lens of Truth-fest after another. I don't see that changing just because MS decided to **** off on their new console.

MS aren't the only one struggling with 1080p and 60FPS...

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Lemmings always have thier jimmies rustled

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's to get more hits and revenue, and blame the developers for calling out resolution comparisons. They do it on purpose to get their game recognized. It's been happening ever since they unveiled the consoles.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

I would be fed up if all I owned was an Xone and paid $100 more for inferiority, thankfully I didn't.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11257 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

It's driven by sony fan boys who had to listen to how bad multiplats ran on the ps3 last gen.. Now their simply trying to feel better about themselves. All last gen we mostly gamed in 720p.. The fact that a lot of games already are 1080p or 900p early this gen is exciting.. Hopefully it will go away.. Why people can't just play games and enjoy them is a mystery.. It's driven by fan boys of both systems with nothing else better to do with their time.

How is that exciting? Its EXPECTED. The fact that the Xbox One struggles with a resolution that has been in the consumer market for well over a decade is quite embarrassing. Sony and NHK have been working with 4K since 2001 and Xbox can't do 1080p (literally a quarter of 4K resolution) in 2014..

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

It's because the X1 was made with too weak of hardware to pull off 1080p 60fps on most games, so now we have to endure this crap. MS is retarded for the way they designed the X1.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I play on PC mostly, I get full HD and 60FPS and have done for years.

@Sushiglutton said:

@clyde46 said:

I play on PC mostly, I get full HD and 60FPS and have done for years.

That's awesome to hear, really happy for you man!!!!

And then we have the Hermets that have to always bring up they play on the superior platform.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@clr84651 said:

It's because the X1 was made with too weak of hardware to pull off 1080p 60fps on most games, so now we have to endure this crap. MS is retarded for the way they designed the X1.

PS4 doesn't do 1080p and 60fps on most games either. In fact I can only think of one game on PS4 that can claim a steady 60fps and that game is a side scroller. The annoying part of the whole xbone is weak arguments is the fact that people just ignore the fact that the PS4 isn't that much more stronger. It's strong enough to pull a higher resolution and performance in multiplats but not strong enough to meet the 1080p 60fps bar that consolites are begging and hoping for.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

1080p 60fps 'bar'

i lol every time. i'll be barred from this place soon. unless i can raise the bar for comedy.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I've definitely seen an uptick in editors giving a crap about resolution lately. I do agree it's pretty annoying as well, but when you got nothing else to bitch about, it's definitely one of the subjects for it when it comes to the X1 and PS4.

I'm primarily a PC gamer but still do lots of console gaming, and I hardly give a damn about the differences either honestly. Hell... even FPS is not really a thing for me unless it runs sub 20 or lower on newer games. Not that it happens often on my PC... but I've played enough console games to not care too much otherwise.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

dont care tbh about the resolution in my games... seems like its only news if one console does it better than the other.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I ignore those 'news' articles. I don't care.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Don't care about resolution, if the game is fun and looks good enough on either console, I'm happy. On PC I care about what Frames per second I am getting while keeping the game looking the best I can, that is because I have the ability to set my own settings, optimize the game as much as I can for my own setup. Consoles have always been a "couldn't care less, I just want to game" format for me.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I like seeing the fanboys pretend features present 10+ years ago are now selling points

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Until lems have a legitimate rebuttal as to why multiplats run at a lower resolution and/or worst frame rate, the reso-wars will continue.

This is SW after all.... with such an obvious difference between the two systems... how can you expect it not to be mentioned constantly?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i'm not, is funny to see lems make bs to excuse the lower fps and resolution in games.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Lemmings talked shit for months when 360 had a 5% resolution difference on a couple multiplats but its no big deal that PS4 exclusives run at double the rez as xbone? yeahh **** that.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Sushiglutton: I could care less about it. No one really cared about it the last 2 generations, now all of a suddent it's important. I care more about the actual game, how it plays and if it's fun. That's more important then the resolution. A year from now it won't even matter anyways.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Isn't it something we always do though. We've been complaining about console differences since the Bit Wars. Now it's just the resolution wars.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#78 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I care about resoulutions

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

As long as it causes distress among the lemming populace, I'm ok with it.

Besides, it's not like it's every thread and not including it would go against the very nature of SW.

But if it goes the other way round and it causes distress among the bovine populare, you ARE NOT OK with it?

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@Readingrainbow

Just like it will be fun to laugh at you guys endlessly for the glorious Killzone ShadowFail MP resolution of 960x1080.

Embarrassing. Lol talk about cutting corners.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

i sure would be, if i were an xbox fan rofl

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#82  Edited By widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

@Sushiglutton: Yeah I'm sick of hearing about it myself.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Now that it has been found that most PS4 games have lower pixel counts than the Titanfall beta........ I could get used to this for a while.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Nah, I love it. Always twists and turns, plus it's mostly involves mocking lem stupidity. :)

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Now that it has been found that most PS4 games have lower pixel counts than the Titanfall beta........ I could get used to this for a while.

Most? Wind your neck in, Shitbat. Most PS4 games run at a higher resolution and framerate than Shitbox games do.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Fanboys overcompensating for having small todgers,lol

Seriously, it's getting beyond a joke but i suppose Cows have to get there own back for all the times Multiplats ran in Sub-HD resolutions on the Ps3 and those cruel lems pointed it out and ridiculed them for it.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@iloveatlus said:

Lemmings never gotten tired of resolution news and comparison last gen, I don't think they'll get tired now.

Alan wake *cough,cough*

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

This thread is comedy gold now reading the COWards responses.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

If you can't brag about resolution now what is there left to brag about, both consoles have almost no games and what's there is pretty bland .

It's the frustration of the early adopters pouring out .

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#89 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

LOL If I play BF4 on PC 1440p I easily go above 60fps