Anyone do DLC catch ups of games you own?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41546 Posts

I've been doing that quite a bit lately ever since Jump Force was taken down but with warning as I was able to get all the DLC characters. And right now, been doing that with SoulCalibur VI, because Namco has been taking those games down without warning, and have been since SoulCalibur IV. Likely licensing issues, but they never give us time, while they did Jump Force, which is a worst received game.

What is Namco's deal with that IP? Are they that upset it doesn't get as high of sales as Tekken, let alone Dragon Ball? (But I digress)

Any games you've been catching up on DLC with?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6153 Posts

When it comes to dlc im just waiting for the Dawn of Ragnorok expansion to go on sale. I think its on sale now, but still not enough of a discount to buy it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44243 Posts

I’ve actually been doing that lately and mostly with the fighting games. Have purchased all the dlc for the following recently:

- Dragon Ball FighterZ

- Tekken 7

- Soul Calibur VI

- King of Fighters XIV

- Samurai Shodown

- Mortal Kombat 11

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7301 Posts

I don't purchase a lot of DLC, tend not to even finish the base game. But I did enjoy the add-ons for Control, Gravel, Forza Horizon 3, and Soul Calibur VI.

As for Namco's opinion on Soul Calibur, I think you are correct. My understanding is SCVI is the best selling game in the franchise, but still didn't meet their targets. Making a lot of money isn't enough when Telken is right there making all the money.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44583 Posts

Not if I played it at launch and am done with it, I'm not spending $20-$30 for a few extra hours of expansion content, or starting a game over from scratch to get there. Mostly a SP consideration.

For a game with an online focus, I might if it's the kind of game I jump into off and on.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39045 Posts

TC isn't playing totk, don't trust him.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59048 Posts

Yes, recently went back and done Blood/Shadow-Warrior/Duke3D expansions.

There is a lot of content in these, puts modern DLC to shame unsurprisingly.

Was especially surprised by the Playstation exclusive map-pack for Duke3D, which prev wasn't aware existed.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#8 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41546 Posts

@judaspete: I would not be surprised if Tekken will be Namco's go to guest fighting series. They did do it before SoulCalibur II with Tekken 3 (Gon, from a Seinen manga).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58363 Posts

Yeah, sometimes. I'll see a game is on sale I already own, and I'll often see if the DLC is on sale as well. If it is, I might buy it.

Plus a lot of games have a lot of DLC, some good and some bad, and it's just cost prohibitive to purchase it. I own a lot of DLC for Paradox games (Stellaris, etc) and those are both a.) plentiful, and b.) somewhat pricey, but I've only ever bought them on sale. Ditto for Total War DLC; it's good, it's just not "15 dollars for one or two armies" good.

@uninspiredcup said:

Yes, recently went back and done Blood/Shadow-Warrior/Duke3D expansions.

There is a lot of content in these, puts modern DLC to shame unsurprisingly.

Was especially surprised by the Playstation exclusive map-pack for Duke3D, which prev wasn't aware existed.

Old school expansions were almost entire games in and of themselves, some even being standalone. My personal favorite is Homeworld: Cataclysm, a really good sci-fi RTS with a powerful sci-horror story to go with it.

Command and Conquer had some good ones, too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46420 Posts

I told myself I was gonna wait for the DLC for Ion Fury before I play through the whole thing.

Wasn't the right move: Ion Fury released 4 years ago, and there is still no sign of the DLC ever releasing.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I know people don't like buying the DLC unlocks for Wrestling games, but it's worth it to get the old school wrestlers I think.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3067 Posts

I think the only dlc I've ever played were map packs and stuff like that. I bought dlc for Stacking because the game was free, but I never played it.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Not something I do much but I'm going to jump back into Sniper Elite 4. The season pass was on sale for pennies therefore it's time to blast some Nazi testicle.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1157 Posts

I’ve only ever purchased one dlc and it was for Aliens: Fireteam Elite. Worth it, but only because it was on sale, but because it’s was a fun game to boot.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Horizon Forbidden West --> Burning shores dlc.

Just beat Gears 5 on my newly bought 4090 PC. Soon I will jump into the hivebusters dlc (it comes included in Game Pass)

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

Not at all.