Anybody still care about games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Big_Red_Button (5479 posts) -

I hear all this puffery about hardware optimization and which system has the best graphics.

What about the games?

PS4 and XB1 both have pretty pathetic game libraries so far. What? Titanfall? A generic online shooter we've played 300 times already? That's your ace in the hole?

So with all these next gen graphics we're getting more generic shooters for 12 year old boys and the occasional game in another genre just to fill quotas.

Yawn.

#2 Edited by ShadowDoubt (32 posts) -

I mainly just want kingdom hearts 3, honestly... but that's quite a ways away still.

#3 Posted by Zophar87 (4347 posts) -

Wait until after the first year or so and then we can criticize a console's library.

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (8317 posts) -

Being a pc gamer, I buy hip i indie games and thus, care about games much more so.

#5 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

i just play the resolution the more p (like 1080p) the more potential the game has.

obviously dont care much about resolution but it adds alot to graphics !!

#6 Posted by blamix (202 posts) -

All i really want is FFXV, KH3, MGSV, witcher 3, killzoneSF, AC4 and watchdogs

#7 Posted by TheEroica (13417 posts) -

Netflix menu - gotg

#8 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3980 posts) -

Can't wait for Infamous: 2nd son. Infamous is criminally underrated. FFXV, witcher 3, dark souls 2 is what I'm waiting for.

#9 Posted by j_assassin (901 posts) -

Lems doesnt care about games, they just want m$ to get richer

#10 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25168 posts) -

Everyone on the Pokemon X and Y thread still cares about games.

#11 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2580 posts) -

Wait. These things we're comparing can be played?

I thought they're just pretty things to look at.

#12 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7436 posts) -

I hear all this puffery about hardware optimization and which system has the best graphics.

What about the games?

PS4 and XB1 both have pretty pathetic game libraries so far. What? Titanfall? A generic online shooter we've played 300 times already? That's your ace in the hole?

So with all these next gen graphics we're getting more generic shooters for 12 year old boys and the occasional game in another genre just to fill quotas.

Yawn.

Forza 5 isn't a generic shooter and it is the only game on either console that can be considered a "system seller".

#13 Edited by -Unreal- (24542 posts) -

I care about the best version of good games.

Which is why I'm among the elite. I play my games on PC hardware. PC gamers don't settle for second best. But then neither do console gamers. They just fight for it.

#14 Posted by PonchoTaco (2045 posts) -

System Wars clearly doesn't.

#15 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3543 posts) -

Which is why I buy consoles with games I want.

#16 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9655 posts) -

Games?

When I buy a console, what I want the most is to play my MP3.

#17 Posted by silversix_ (14298 posts) -

No need to worry about games because you know for a fact they'll come to your system unless your system is called Wii/WiiU. Graphics on the other hand are an important discussion because its them that will improve gameplay directly for the next 10 years.

#18 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

What about the games?

Yawn.

While I disagree about Titanfall, your overall point I agree too. I remember a long time ago playing Phantasy Star 2 for my Sega Genesis. It came with what looked like a small novel of maps and hints. I played it morning, noon, and night. I didn't know how many hours I played and lord knows the Genesis could only display like 20 colors and had the worse sound chip I had ever heard. But that was and is one of the very best games I have ever played. Games were far more fun before we all cared so much about what was under the hood when story, atmosphere, gameplay, and graphics/sound were on a even playing field of importance. Now it seems we're so concerned with screen resolution and flops per second, ect that no one actually gives a damn if the game is good. Its like it doesn't matter if CoD for the Xbox One has runs at a great framerate, has a great story exciting single player and great multiplayer. And I don't know that it does. But I saw dozens of people crap on it for the resolution alone. But if that game sucks, who cares if it runs at 1080p? Do you think Bungie, 343, Bioware, Bethseda, Naughty Dog couldn't make fantastic Wii-U game? Of course they could because they are great devs. Great devs always make the difference. Its great to have a powerful, ass-kicking engine. But what does it mean if the game looks great and sucks. If I was getting a PS4 I would do so for Naughty Dog and their great devs. But screen resolution wars and all that, Crysis running on ultra setting on a PC looks awesome. Game still sucks. And I have no interest.

Going forward I'm just gonna research games, read previews, watch footage for myself, and not get so caught up in every new specs sheet released. I play games and not sheets of paper. Looking for a fun, engrossing experience. Wherever that is found I will be regardless of specs. I understand that this is System Wars. But lately its been stupid wars.

#19 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Are you honestly surprised that Cows are only talking graphics? There have been countless threads/petitions saying that Ryse, Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 are coming out on the PS4 by cows. I know the PS4 will be great but it will certainly take a few years for it to be worth purchasing unless you haven't discovered PC gaming yet.

#20 Edited by freedomfreak (40034 posts) -

I was just playing Minecraft on my 360. Haha! Minecraft... on a console!!!

Blew up my own castle. Creative mode. TNT everywhere. Flint that shit.

KABOOM.