Anybody going buy Elder Scrolls Online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by EndlessInfinity (219 posts) -

There charging 15 dollars a month for it which seem a bit too high if you ask me. I saw some recent gameplay and have to say like every other Bethesda game it has the same shitty animation. There wasn't anything impressive that I saw and the fact they are using the same old engine makes me think its going have the same problem like the other games.

#2 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38204 posts) -

Hell no. It looks just like every other Elder Scrolls game and I don't need to pay every month to play those

#3 Edited by pelvist (4560 posts) -

Played the Beta and found it extremely boring. So no, I will not be buying it.

#4 Posted by Daious (1020 posts) -

First few levels were not great but the game really picked up. The PvP was really fun too. I plan on playing

#5 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29062 posts) -

Not a chance

#6 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Any MMO that's made to work on consoles doesn't sound worth the time.

#7 Edited by KittenNose (368 posts) -

Why bother? It will be free to play soon. It just isn't a good enough game to be worth spending two hundred dollars to play it for the first year.

#8 Edited by AzatiS (7101 posts) -

@endlessinfinity: Let me see...

It offers nothing new as of mechanics/gameplay/questing/dungeons/bosses/characters etc , its graphics are nothing major , the open world isnt as detailed and massive as Skyrim , it has a 15$ subscription AND an in game shop ...

Well .... NO obviously!

#9 Edited by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

If they dropped that outrageous monthly fee then yeah, sure, I'd be happy to give the game a go.

#10 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Not as long as there are monthly fees.

#11 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Cyodril is currently the best large scale pvp in a mmo (apart from planetside2)...so maybe.

#12 Posted by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

haha that abomination with the worst combat/animations seen in the last half a decade? rofl NO. You add monthly fees and you then wonder if this game is supposed to be a funny joke or something like that.

#13 Posted by foxhound_fox (87329 posts) -

Lol, no.

It'll be free-to-play by summer.

#14 Edited by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

Yep, was in the past 3 betas and loved it.

#15 Posted by Zethrickk382 (132 posts) -

I enjoyed it a lot. So yes I will be playing it.

#16 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

haha that abomination with the worst combat/animations seen in the last half a decade? rofl NO. You add monthly fees and you then wonder if this game is supposed to be a funny joke or something like that.

swtor combat/animations are much worse. Everything about SWTOR is much worse actually, and yet it somehow still makes profit and got AA

ESO combat is much better than GW2's , as is its PVE and PVP. GW2 does however have better dynamic events and animations.

#17 Posted by SolidTy (42021 posts) -
#18 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2267 posts) -
#19 Posted by da_illest101 (7408 posts) -

Love the elder scroll series, but I'm not down with monthly payments

#20 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9075 posts) -

Yes, already got the Imperial edition for $60. Got 6 other people going to playing day one.

#21 Posted by princeofshapeir (13628 posts) -

This and Wildstar are going to be duds.

#22 Posted by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

swtor combat/animations are much worse. Everything about SWTOR is much worse actually, and yet it somehow still makes profit and got AA

ESO combat is much better than GW2's , as is its PVE and PVP. GW2 does however have better dynamic events and animations.

that just shows you played gw2 casually for 1 week and quit. everything suck ballz in gw2 BUT the combat system.

#23 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (2997 posts) -

I'm betting it's gonna be f2p within a year.

#24 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@silversix_ said:

that just shows you played gw2 casually for 1 week and quit. everything suck ballz in gw2 BUT the combat system.

The dynamic events are good, everything else blows. The combat gets boring after a while, same 4 skills, the rest with long cooldowns. Hotbar/tabtarget - prettied up to pretend to be action combat, but its not.

#25 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

This and Wildstar are going to be duds.

both have potential.

What seems so bad about WS? Unlike TES, WS actually has incredible smooth/fluid animations and combat.

#26 Posted by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@Jankarcop said:

@silversix_ said:

The dynamic events are good, everything else blows. The combat gets boring after a while, same 4 skills, the rest with long cooldowns. Hotbar/tabtarget - prettied up to pretend to be action combat, but its not.

What exactly is good about dynamic events? More like waste of time garbage events that reward you with 2silver and 70copper doing worthless crap like collecting rocks... they're a joke. The versatility of different builds is lacking because everything is tied to skill trees that are extremely poorly thought and not being able to swap certain weapon skills was a very poor design choice but even with these two major problems that combat is extremely fluid/quick and smooth. The problem isn't that there's only 10 skills (only 5 on weapons) but the fact that you can't personalize your build as deeply as possible which was possible in gw1 and they casualised the shit outta this sequel for main stream soccer moms. but hey this game gets almost as much hate as Titanfall on their own official forums and its well deserved.

#27 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

Why would anyone buy that Elder Scrolls Online garbage when the G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time) video game is coming out March 11, 2014 --> DARK SOULS 2

#28 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

No way.

#29 Edited by Snugenz (11685 posts) -

Sure did, once you hit 15 the combat system really opens up and becomes very enjoyable plus the PVP is great fun.

#30 Edited by PAL360 (26629 posts) -

Would love to, but only if it was a one time payment. I would never pay 200 euros p year just to play one damn game!

#31 Posted by Boddicker (2390 posts) -

I've been reading up on it and it absolutely fails to offer anything new. Plus I've always kind of been torn on the ES universe anyways. Most of me hates it while a small part of me teeters between loving it and indifference.

Hell no.

#32 Edited by Snugenz (11685 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

Would love to, but only if it was a one time payment. I would never pay 200 euros p year just to play one damn game!

You don't have to pay 200 euro a year to play it, going in with that mentality is foolish. And regardless of how foolish it is, 200 euro for a years worth of entertainment is a bad thing?.

#33 Posted by PAL360 (26629 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@PAL360 said:

You don't have to pay 200 euro a year to play it, going in with that mentality is foolish. And regardless of how foolish it is, 200 euro for a years worth of entertainment is a bad thing?.

15 euros every month, is close to 200 euros per year. Isn't the subscription mandatory?

I love TES, but that's too much! I have to work more than 40 hours to get that amount of money. Not even an option, and there are many great one time payment games waiting for my money ;)

#34 Posted by beerm_basic (2481 posts) -

Not got the spare time to justify the price

Watched angry joes vid on it and wasnt impressed looked bit boring

If was free to play id give a whirl thou

#35 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

No, sticking with FFXIV. Played ESO beta and was bored. The game couldn't get me to care about leveling, exploring, and questing. There is no motivation for where to interact, the reason I quit WOW in Mists. It's bland and poorly thought out. Also, races should never be locked behind collectors editions. I am looking forward to EQ Next and Civ Online if that comes to the west.

#36 Posted by Snugenz (11685 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

@Snugenz said:

@PAL360 said:

15 euros every month, is close to 200 euros per year. Isn't the subscription mandatory?

I love TES, but that's too much! I have to work more than 40 hours to get that amount of money. Not even an option, and there are many great one time payment games waiting for my money ;)

You're not obligated to play for a full year, 15 euro a for a month shouldn't break the bank.

#37 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26080 posts) -

I'd rather wait for Elder Scrolls VI.

#38 Edited by PAL360 (26629 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@PAL360 said:

@Snugenz said:

@PAL360 said:

You're not obligated to play for a full year, 15 euro a for a month shouldn't break the bank.

Sure, but when i get a game, i like to be free to play one hour, or 50 hours of it. It's up to me.

I don't like to be forced to play that game the entire month, just because i decided to pay the subscription.

#39 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Why would anyone buy that Elder Scrolls Online garbage when the G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time) video game is coming out March 11, 2014 --> DARK SOULS 2

I"ll be playing the best version of both on PC.

#40 Posted by Icarian (1468 posts) -

I played the beta. Didn't impress me. It's a really good looking game but what isn't these days? Quests were mostly boring stuff and "the great heist" main quest line was really terrible in the first island. After all that preparation all I needed was to walk in and walk out. 5 minutes. I was expecting something great.

#41 Posted by MBirdy88 (7361 posts) -

Hell no. It looks just like every other Elder Scrolls game and I don't need to pay every month to play those

except it clearly isn't anything like the ES games beyond graphics.... well shared themes ect.

I didn't know you had one massive persistant server with 100s of people fighting in cyrodil over the imperial throne... my bad.

#42 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

HELL NO. I would buy FFXIV: A Realm Reborn first, but most likely neither.

Also Skyrim sucks.

#43 Posted by MBirdy88 (7361 posts) -

lmao wtf?

GW2? combat good? your having a laugh.... mindless DPS race with crappy immunity roll mechanic and very limited choice.

I got to level 15 on ESO and it already felt 10x better than GW2 garbage.... you can at least tank, heal or dps... unlike that mess of a game. blocking/parrying aiming was a nice change as well, it starts to open up at 15... and the first dungeon was better thought out that GW2 in its near entirety.

lame old "monthyl fees" sucks arguwments in this thread.... ironic from console peasants that pay to play all of their online games.

#44 Posted by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@silversix_ said:

lmao wtf?

GW2? combat good? your having a laugh.... mindless DPS race with crappy immunity roll mechanic and very limited choice.

I got to level 15 on ESO and it already felt 10x better than GW2 garbage.... you can at least tank, heal or dps... unlike that mess of a game. blocking/parrying aiming was a nice change as well, it starts to open up at 15... and the first dungeon was better thought out that GW2 in its near entirety.

lame old "monthyl fees" sucks arguwments in this thread.... ironic from console peasants that pay to play all of their online games.

I think that every single post i've made about gw2 i've seen you quote me lol sup with that? Why are you talking about dungeons? Did i EVER said gw2 dungeons were good/decent/acceptable or even playable? No. They're a joke. A joke made for soccer moms that are playing with their 8y kid. Everything sucks in gw2 but the combat system. If you disagree with this you haven't played the game, never gone passed lev30 or played it casually for a week and left. Of all the mmo's gw2 has the best combat system by a long ass shot. and im talking about fluidity of combat, not diversity of builds which are lacking.

#45 Posted by MBirdy88 (7361 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@silversix_ said:

lmao wtf?

I think that every single post i've made about gw2 i've seen you quote me lol sup with that? Why are you talking about dungeons? Did i EVER said gw2 dungeons were good/decent/acceptable or even playable? No. They're a joke. A joke made for soccer moms that are playing with their 8y kid. Everything sucks in gw2 but the combat system. If you disagree with this you haven't played the game, never gone passed lev30 or played it casually for a week and left. Of all the mmo's gw2 has the best combat system by a long ass shot. and im talking about fluidity of combat, not diversity of builds which are lacking.

I would still disagree... it goes to World of Warcraft. completely. even now past its prime... it still does fluid better than anything else. GW2 had quite a few poorly timed animations... nothing of the moves had any rhythm to them either.

#46 Posted by jake44 (1928 posts) -

I'm more interested in WildStar.

#47 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

God no, especially when they are better one like Wild Star that coming around the corner soon.

#48 Posted by Big_Pecks (5227 posts) -

It looks fun but way too pricey.

#49 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42578 posts) -

Beta just made me want to play Skyrim, so I'm skipping ESO.