Any1 think Ninja Gaiden on the NES was....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

The best Ninja Gaiden game? They are all good but the 1st ever Ninja Gaiden on the NES is still king imo.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
have you played the master system version?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Ninja Gaiden Black was better.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

NG 1 or 2 on the NES. Both were great. 3 sucked.

dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

no. stuff from the NES era is just to old for me to enjoy now. sure its was great at the time, but i can't play that stuff now

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

The old arcade ones were fun, I didn't like the NES ones though, but really Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox may be the best action adventure game ever. It had such good game mechanics and pacing in the level design and some of the best best bosses out there. Oh and those birds in the NES games suck.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

I liked NG2 more, but yeah, NG1 on the NES was pretty sick too, i also liked 3, don't know why the constant hate, however, nowadays i think NGB is overall better, since is hard has hell but not cheap like their NES counterpart, sure, technology and all that stuff, but still.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i love the old nintendo ninja gaiden games they always felt awesome ninja games
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

have you played the master system version?ohthemanatee

Yep, that version rips apart the NES games. Better graphics, better presentation and much faster gameplay...

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

Ninja Gaiden Black was better.

jg4xchamp

/thread!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22819 Posts

I loved NG1 as a kid and remember that the game was not only slick but pretty refined in its design. I HATED how hard it was!!! but who didnt? I actually like NG2 best, but im not a huge overall fan of the series. theyre great but nothing I write home about.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Has anyone who thinks the old school Ninja Gaiden games are good played them in the last couple years? They are utterly broken games that are only "hard" because they are broken. Much like every subsequent NG game except Black.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Has anyone who thinks the old school Ninja Gaiden games are good played them in the last couple years? They are utterly broken games that are only "hard" because they are broken. Much like every subsequent NG game except Black.

foxhound_fox

Maybe good is the wrong word then. I still play the NG games quite often (played NG 2 last week) and while agree they are very broken (mainly due to huge glitches) I guess calling them FUN would be better than calling them good.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

no. stuff from the NES era is just to old for me to enjoy now. sure its was great at the time, but i can't play that stuff now

dog_dirt

This is true for me also. The only one I can think of that I could still tolerate is SMB3. Everything else popular that was good at the time, that I tried totally failed (Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden, etc.). SNES era I can still tolerate many of the good, popular stuff still.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

foxhound_fox
The first Ninja Gaiden(pre black) on the Xbox was hardly broken to be quite frank. Though that's semantics as it is essentially Black minus a lot of content.
felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

Still prefer NG2.

TheRealLisaAnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 TheRealLisaAnn
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts
I played NG1 & 2 (unfortunately not NG3). I must say that both of those were the first games I ever played that had such cinema scenes. They are still very cool to watch, now 20+ years later. The difficulty was INSANE & if I wasn't a well-adjusted kid I would have taken my NES & thrown it out the window several times.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

foxhound_fox
I wouldn't call them broken at all. I've played them, have them on my VC actually, and they're not so much broken, as they are just hard for three reasons. 1. Memorization: Pretty much, you need to know where the enemies spawn, and how to kill them and what weapons you get will work best 2. Skill: Like most old-school game, every pixel for every jump counts, timing is important, and while you don't do fancy combos a la AAYAAYAYY, you do have the moves to use to kill enemies in successive fashion if you're skilled enough. 3. Short Levels: The games are hard yes, restarting is annoying albeit you're never too far from the end. The levels are pretty short actually, again when you've memorized them, you can breeze through them.
Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts

System Wars board is designed for discussion and debates about the current systems and their respective games. Please keep to topics concerning the Wii, 3DS, DS, PSP, NGP, PS3, PC and Xbox 360. I welcome you to talk about the original Ninja Gaiden on NES in the legacy forums however. This thread is now locked.