Any first time Halo players playing MCC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Never really got into the Halo series before but am glad they gave people an opportunity to play the classics in updated graphics. So far I just started the original and am already having a blast. Graphics are awesome and the gameplay is fun. Have not had a chance to play multiplayer yet. What do you think, SW? Is this your first time or are you playing to relive the magic?

PS... don't know why the last thread was locked (no one provided explanation). This place needs better mods.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: i played the first two, briefly so i barely remember them..i do remember the graphics though. I don't have an xbox one but i would be super excited to play the remastered versions if i had one because of that reason. Just to see how it would look and feel compared to how it was.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Wish I could play, but I have a shitty PS4.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

i'm playing on Heroic and its challenging and its a blast...

surprisingly i played a few multiplayer games today..joining a game is a little easier now even though they shortened the playlist.

what difficulty setting are you on campaign?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Wish I could play, but I have a shitty PS4.

sell it and get a one

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

PS... don't know why the last thread was locked (no one provided explanation). This place needs better mods.

Yeah the locking threads without comment needs to stop, that is straight up laziness or incompetence. Usually it's obvious why a thread was closed, but sometimes I just have to scratch my head.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I unfortunately have a ps4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The Master Chief Collection is the only reason I want to get an Xbox One, but the issues surrounding the game have sort of soured me on the prospect right now, so I'll wait. I've already played through all the games. The original trilogy is amazing, Halo 4 is a trainwreck of epic proportions.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Could you please link to the original thread? I'll send a message to the other mods and see if one of them knows something about it. They shouldn't have locked the thread (assuming it's the same as this one) and certainly not without an explanation. It may have just been a mistake, but still, let me know and I'll get back to you soon.

EDIT: Found it. Don't know why it was locked, I'll take it up with the other mods, maybe they know something about it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The Master Chief Collection is the only reason I want to get an Xbox One, but the issues surrounding the game have sort of soured me on the prospect right now, so I'll wait. I've already played through all the games. The original trilogy is amazing, Halo 4 is a trainwreck of epic proportions.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Could you please link to the original thread? I'll send a message to the other mods and see if one of them knows something about it. They shouldn't have locked the thread (assuming it's the same as this one) and certainly not without an explanation. It may have just been a mistake, but still, let me know and I'll get back to you soon.

EDIT: Found it. Don't know why it was locked, I'll take it up with the other mods, maybe they know something about it.

Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive are great reasons to get an Xbox One

And Halo 4 is amazing. Screw you. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@speedfreak48t5p: Forza Horizon 2 is my #2 reason. Sunset Overdrive is cool, but nothing that would sell me on a system, as opposed to something like Horizon or Halo, which would.

Halo 4 was bad, man. If you don't believe me, then the online population of the game can attest to that :p

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@charizard1605: The MCC issues Ive seen havent been that bad. Some weird graphical glitches here and there. But, I have only really spent time with H2A's sp. The matchmaking stuff really shouldnt hinder a purchase. Thatll be fixed soon enough.

Oh, and SO is a killer app. Believe it.

Halo 4 has a laughable campaign. The gunplay is alright enough to make the mp fun for a while.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@wolverine4262 said:

@charizard1605: The MCC issues Ive seen havent been that bad. Some weird graphical glitches here and there. But, I have only really spent time with H2A's sp. The matchmaking stuff really shouldnt hinder a purchase. Thatll be fixed soon enough.

Oh, and SO is a killer app. Believe it.

Halo 4 has a laughable campaign. The gunplay is alright enough to make the mp fun for a while.

It's not hindering a purchase per se, as much as it is making me just wait on it while the issues are sorted out. In a matter of weeks, the game should be running smoothly, and I can just go ahead and get it them, and have the intended Halo celebratory experience. That's how I'm thinking of it anyway (although yeah, I sort of am a bit more wary of 343 now, since by all accounts, they did bungle this launch a little...)

I'll have to see more into SO. I love everything that game represents, plus of course, it seems to be Insomniac firing on all cylinders, which is always good. It just doesn't seem to be to me the kind of game that would sell me on a system. Just my opinion, although of course, oif I get a One, it'll be one of the first titles I pick up.

Halo 4... yeah. The sad part is the campaign was actually better than the multi, which tells you just how bad the multi was.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@charizard1605: Sounds good, dude. Yeah, get SO quickly. I pretty much picked up my X1 just for it. Its so pretty and crazy fun online with 7 others, especially during the tower defense missions.

I didnt like the campaign nearly as much. Every level felt like they were trying to imitate what Bungie did before. On top of that, the story moves so far towards fantasy/romance, that its cringe worthy. Not to mention Cortana constantly yelling at you to push a button and every level devolving into "do this three times".

The writing in Halo 2 is so immensely better. All of the dialogue is cool and often quite funny between Cortana and Chief. The power struggle backdrop waaay more interesting than whatever the **** happened in 4.

And dont get me started on the new enemies in Halo 4. I really hope they dont come back.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@commonfate: Thinking about it. The only thing is Remote Play and account continuity mean a lot to me.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive are great reasons to get an Xbox One

And Halo 4 is amazing. Screw you. :P

I played all of them except 4 and Reach....just wait till you get to Halo 2 multiplayer, just might be the best multiplayer FPS game ever. Im holding off on getting the MCC until they fix the matchmaking issues because I don't want to use my free month of XBL just yet.

And charizard I think if you actually play Sunset Overdrive I think it you would find it to be a blast, I was apprehensive about playing it as well but theres so much more to it than what meets the eye. There are a lot of smart choices you can make when approaching enemies. Great game.

Oh and forza is still the best racing sim around.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#16 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Note: If a topic is locked, use some common sense and ask the mods before creating a new topic saying the exact same thing.