Another reason why all Digital Future suck

• 91 results
#1 Posted by Gue1 (10195 posts) -

Major PS4 Bug Locks Out Digital Content, Prevents License Restoration, Several Accounts Affected

It's sooo easy to lose all your games in just one strike... And to make things worse? No estimation time for the bug fix.

#2 Posted by aroxx_ab (10051 posts) -

Yeah digital future sucks, that day consoles go digital only is the day i quit console gaming.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (40905 posts) -

Well, that sucks.

#4 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

I would never go DD on a console. I need significant savings to even consider buying a game DD.

#5 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25552 posts) -

That's whats bad about A Digital Future with no DRM free option or Backup Features.

That's why I like PC gaming being all digital.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

And to make things worse.... XBL Market Place Digital Games are actually priced higher than retail games..... GTA V is 80 fucking dollars.... DIGITAL !

#7 Edited by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

A digital only future wont rise until its perfect. From both a consumer and publisher perspective. Lets face it, the only way the gaming industry would go 100% digital would be if gamers would be happy enough to rely on a system like that.

#8 Posted by eternaI_napalm (6 posts) -

Psn fail.

#9 Edited by lawlessx (46773 posts) -

thats pretty scary

#10 Posted by clyde46 (46580 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Yeah digital future sucks, that day consoles go digital only is the day i quit console gaming.

You might as well quit gaming altogether then.

#11 Posted by MBirdy88 (8317 posts) -

dont have these problems with steam....

#12 Posted by Telekill (4694 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: How the hell is that possible? A better question... why would people be willing to pay $20 more for a digital copy?

#13 Edited by Heirren (17324 posts) -

There's only one console and it is wiiu. I don't know what the other two are. They are already all digital, aren't they? Don't you have to install all the games and use the disc as the key?

#14 Posted by nini200 (9824 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

And to make things worse.... XBL Market Place Digital Games are actually priced higher than retail games..... GTA V is 80 fucking dollars.... DIGITAL !

Dat Convenience Fee

#15 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10526 posts) -

Another reason why PSN sucks ( sorry that was uncalled for )

#16 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3643 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

A digital only future wont rise until its perfect. From both a consumer and publisher perspective. Lets face it, the only way the gaming industry would go 100% digital would be if gamers would be happy enough to rely on a system like that.

This .

@MBirdy88 said:

dont have these problems with steam....

And this .

#17 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@Telekill

I don't know and I don't care, Microsoft is dead to me.

@nini200

lol. The Irony is its an unconvenient sum of money, and in the past you couldn't Purchase GoD Versions of games with MS Points, you needed a credit, and you can't purchase a single thing from the website using Live Account Funds.

#18 Posted by Minishdriveby (10015 posts) -

Digital future only sucks if you don't own the games. There are multiple reasons to be cautious about buying Digital games on consoles.

#19 Posted by nini200 (9824 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Telekill

I don't know and I don't care, Microsoft is dead to me.

@nini200

lol. The Irony is its an unconvenient sum of money, and in the past you couldn't Purchase GoD Versions of games with MS Points, you needed a credit, and you can't purchase a single thing from the website using Live Account Funds.

Still that $20 extra makes it to where you don't have to get off the couch. Sounds worth it to me lol

#20 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8145 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Proof?

#21 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@nini200

I wana say that convenience is overated but to be honest I been playing DD Dark Arisen, DMC4 and Rayman Origins back and forth these past 3 days and not once did I have to get off the couch..... Infact I didn't even have to go select them at the Dashboard, I could switch games from the guide button..... it felt pretty good. However I bought all those games below retail prices. Infact DMC4 was a steal at $4.... But that was during a sale.... Xbox doesn't get many of those.

#22 Posted by Wasdie (50001 posts) -

Sounds like Sony still hasn't figured out how to handle digital distribution properly yet.

I've never lost a game on Steam, GoG, Origin, UPlay, or Amazon.

#23 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p

I can prove you are lazy.....

#24 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27866 posts) -

No its not a reason why an all digital future sucks. It shows that the console boys still haven't manage to put together a competent online system yet despite gouging all their little willing minions for it. Thank you Sony!

#25 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8145 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@speedfreak48t5p

Game is $60 on xbox live though.

#26 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27866 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

So ... steam?

#27 Posted by B4X (5146 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Major PS4 Bug Locks Out Digital Content, Prevents License Restoration, Several Accounts Affected

It's sooo easy to lose all your games in just one strike... And to make things worse? No estimation time for the bug fix.

Stability Patch incoming.

#28 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@speedfreak48t5p

Game is $60 on xbox live though.

Saw the retail copy on ebay deals for 29.99, thought about it but nada. :P

#29 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p

Not in South Africa its not.

marketplace.xbox.com/en-ZA/Product/GTA-V/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545408a7

#30 Posted by aroxx_ab (10051 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

You might as well quit gaming altogether then.

Yeah one day i may be

#31 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

Mostly from a customer perspective. The majority of publishers, if not all want a digital future. Gamestop is not really a good way to sell a product like a video game.

#32 Posted by commonfate (12460 posts) -

The future of gaming is terrible! Just like movies and books being all digital... oh wait...

Bunch of drama queens. Your video games will never be all digital. Gaming is a buyer's market, not a seller's market. If you want physical, someone will always be there to sell it to you.

#33 Posted by nini200 (9824 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@nini200

I wana say that convenience is overated but to be honest I been playing DD Dark Arisen, DMC4 and Rayman Origins back and forth these past 3 days and not once did I have to get off the couch..... Infact I didn't even have to go select them at the Dashboard, I could switch games from the guide button..... it felt pretty good. However I bought all those games below retail prices. Infact DMC4 was a steal at $4.... But that was during a sale.... Xbox doesn't get many of those.

You do know I'm joking about it being worth it right? lol

#34 Posted by tormentos (18333 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

Sounds like Sony still hasn't figured out how to handle digital distribution properly yet.

It most be a problem with the PS4 i never had such a problem with the PS3,and i have games as old as 2007 on my HDD.

#35 Posted by gameofthering (10311 posts) -

I don't trust consoles or handhelds with anything digital.

I'm happy with it on the PC though.

#36 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@nini200

Now that I think about it... $20 is alot of money... Its almost my rent.

#38 Edited by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@mesomorphin said:

So ... steam?

Steam is a reliable service as it stands, but I did mention the gaming industry as a whole, which includes pc, consoles and hell even handhelds. So not only just PC's/Mac's

#39 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5065 posts) -

i would never go all digital on playstation, i dont trust sony at all. they are incompetent as fuck

#40 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

I have never lost a game either.

@Gue1 Your thread is mostly an overreaction to an otherwise great service. DD makes sense going forward. As it becomes more popular, these hiccups can be expected, but they are no means an indication of the long-term failure of DD.

#42 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8145 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@nini200

Xbox gets a ton of sales though.

#43 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27866 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@mesomorphin said:

So ... steam?

Steam is a reliable service as it stands, but I did mention the gaming industry as a whole, which includes pc, consoles and hell even handhelds. So not only just PC's/Mac's

I meant as PC gamers have done. Just because the console makers can't implement a proper bloody online store is the only reason all these console gamers are afraid of it.

#44 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p

Well thats relative now isn't it ? Tons of sales compared to what other services ?

#45 Edited by SambaLele (5424 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Same here. And for a lot more reasons then just bugs and server crashs.

@blue_hazy_basic: you're assuming too much with the "is the only reason" on your post above.

#46 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

I think that last PS4 patch Sony put out caused this problem. Greatest awaits indeed.

@Heil68 said:

I would never go DD on a console. I need significant savings to even consider buying a game DD.

What about all those FREE PSPlus games you get every month on PS3 and PS4. They are ALL digital. You don't even need savings for those FREE games. You've never download any? lol!! Never say never my friend.

#47 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

@blackace:

free with subscription I was buying anyways for sure. $60 for new game, Nope.

#48 Posted by blackace (20886 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

@blackace:

So you do like DD games, just not at outrageous prices. I'd never pay $60 for a DD game either. The most I've ever paid was $40 and I only did that once. Everything else $25 or less.

#49 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5109 posts) -

Blackace happily ignoring that MS likes to ban people and when that happens you lose your games.

We dodged a bullet last year, no thanks to the lemmings.

#50 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

@blackace:

So you do like DD games, just not at outrageous prices. I'd never pay $60 for a DD game either. The most I've ever paid was $40 and I only did that once. Everything else $25 or less.

That's why I said I'd never go DD on consoles. IMO they'll never discount prices enough for launch games to justify their purchase. I rarely buy new PC games at full price, certainly not doing it for consoles.

Now with the the recent PSN+ sale for Batman Origins for $8.40 is enticing, but it's a 9 month old game.