Another professional reviewer slams Xbone controller

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -
#2 Edited by thr1llh0us (29 posts) -

Above article by: Mary Rose

This tech savvy lady from New York is currently pursuing her masters in computer science in LA, CA. She has been writing reviews and articles for different web sites for the last six years, and she is the chief-editor here. She has an in depth knowledge of all the gadgets and apps available.

Yeah she sounds like a hardcore gamer.

#3 Edited by Jankarcop (8788 posts) -

@thr1llh0us said:

This tech savvy lady from New York is currently pursuing her masters in computer science in LA, CA. She has been writing reviews and articles for different web sites for the last six years, and she is the chief-editor here. She has an in depth knowledge of all the gadgets and apps available.

uhh...since when can't hardcore gamers be employed and perusing higher education?

I'll take her opinion over some SW reject who thinks HALO is the first fps ever.

#4 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23371 posts) -

oh noes!

mary rose at pc tablet says unnamed experts don't like it!

also.

how expert are they?

so expert that she capitalized expert after a comma!

"After having a good look over the console, Experts have opined it is good with excellent potential except for one aberration, the Xbox Controller."

now that is, Expert.

#5 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7886 posts) -

I really like my xbox one controller that's all I care about. The ps4 controller is huge improvement over the pos ds3 but still a step behind I feel.

#6 Edited by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

She doesn't even know when to use commas, periods, and colons. Why should I take her opinion seriously again?

EDIT: Oh my God, her writing is awful. It's GameSpot tier. Like, Jesus.

#7 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23371 posts) -

She doesn't even know when to use commas, periods, and colons. Why should I take her opinion seriously again?

it's not her opinion.

at no point in the entire thing did she ever mention picking up either controller.

it was all attributed to unnamed "Experts".

#8 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42494 posts) -

Having used both, I find the Xbox One still has the edge because of the asymmetrical thumb sticks. If you prefer the symmetrical layout, then I can see why someone would prefer the PS4 controller. The DS4 is a huge postive step from the piece of crap DS3.

#9 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7886 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: I'd agree with that. I don't really feel like the x1 is a huge improvement over 360 but it seems at least on par with a few better things. The ds4 is huge improvement over ds3. I perfer the x1 controller but at least the ds4 is a good competition this time.

#10 Posted by k2theswiss (16584 posts) -

what i find funny the most is The "review" talks more about the 360 controller...

either way, controller life is nice and long, sticks are improved, D pad is the way it should be, Bumpers are designed to be hit without ever needing to remove tips of your fingers from the triggers

ds4 had a huge improvement because Ds3 was complete ass

#11 Edited by sonic_spark (4570 posts) -

Still a way more comfortable controller compared to the DS4

#12 Posted by Daious (845 posts) -

Is looking up bad news about the xboxone and posting it here the only thing the tc does?

#13 Posted by BruceBenzing (278 posts) -

@daious said:

Is looking up bad news about the xboxone and posting it here the only thing the tc does?

What else is he supposed to do?

#14 Edited by RVCA823 (2838 posts) -

Does professional reviewer mean anything in the real world? Do they have greater intuition than any other human capable of holding a controller? If not, then why is their opinion held to such high regard in the OP?

#15 Edited by BruceBenzing (278 posts) -

And she's pursuing a Masters. Scary isn't it?

#16 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (750 posts) -

Ps4 > Xbo

#17 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12650 posts) -

@thr1llh0us said:

uhh...since when can't hardcore gamers be employed and perusing higher education?

I'll take her opinion over some SW reject who thinks HALO is the first fps ever.

lmao, seriously.

#18 Posted by xxyetixx (1198 posts) -

Hands down I prefer the X1 controller over the PS4 you just can't beat the way MS sets up the analog sticks. Even though my time with both controllers has been limited I'm just not a fan of Sony controllers after using MS. I do however have my issues with the X1 controller the analog sticks feel higher up, and looser. I actually love the placement of the bumper buttons and their feel, don't know if people are just using them incorrectly or what you don't have to slide your finger up and press it down from the top, just slide your finger like a fraction of an inch and press it up and in where it meets with the trigger and it's just perfect!!!

#19 Posted by starwolf474 (378 posts) -

I own all of the controllers and in my opinion, the PS4 controller is a huge improvement over the piece of crap PS3 controller, and the Xbox One controller is slightly inferior to the Xbox 360 controller, but the Xbox One controller is still superior to the PS4 controller.

Xbox 360 controller > Xbox One controller > PS4 controller >>>>>>>> a cactus > PS3 controller

#20 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3013 posts) -

Sorry TC, but the moment you called this reviewer professional, you should have known that every single Lem would try and run a background check on the author to see if they could in any way discredit her.

#21 Posted by poptart (6795 posts) -

' The controller is now lighter and also good looking'

That's a relief.

'...experts have suggested that the PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 controller is far better than the Xbox One Controller'

Who are these joypad experts and where do they come from? Have they a professional accreditation in joypad assessment or are they merely experts in a broader range of hand-controlling interfaces, such as gear levers and buttons to control elevators? It's important we know these things.

#22 Edited by Vatusus (4188 posts) -

oh noes!

mary rose at pc tablet says unnamed experts don't like it!

also.

how expert are they?

so expert that she capitalized expert after a comma!

"After having a good look over the console, Experts have opined it is good with excellent potential except for one aberration, the Xbox Controller."

now that is, Expert.

Are you really calling out her credibility over a typo?... really?

*rolls eyes*

#23 Edited by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

I like both controllers but I'm not too fond of the DS4's length. I feel like my hands are too far apart. Not as bad as the Wii U Gamepad though O_o

#24 Edited by freedom01 (567 posts) -

controllers are personal preference, my preference is the DS4

#25 Posted by -Snooze- (7304 posts) -

I much prefer the Xbone controller. Everything else the PS4 wins at though

#26 Posted by GhoX (4651 posts) -

I'm quite sad that DS4 has very poor support on PS3. I was looking forward to playing Demon's Souls with it...

#27 Edited by WG_McFartypants (218 posts) -

XB1. I like the PS4 for other things, but the Xbox One controller is awesome.

#28 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1810 posts) -

Yes already common knowledge that DS4 is best controller. You need gamer guide just to learn how to use bumpers of XB1 controller hahaha. MS manage to make worse bumpers than before, big accomplishment. THey are using windows philosophy, make something that is shit even worse, then fix it in later version and call this improvement. And there are many more problem of this mad catz design controller.

#29 Posted by Stringerboy (6872 posts) -

That grammar. Disgusting.

#30 Posted by heretrix (37227 posts) -

Wow. Can I unread that?

#31 Posted by hippiesanta (9715 posts) -

maybe MadCatz one day will design a DS4 shape controller design for x-bone

#32 Edited by madsnakehhh (13946 posts) -

Another? what others have slammed the Xbox One Controller.

BTW, having played both on the stores for only a couple of minutes, i have to choose the DS4.

#33 Edited by AutoPilotOn (7886 posts) -
#34 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

Xbone controller is easily one of the best controllers ever.

#35 Posted by topgunmv (10034 posts) -

Sounds like a computer science major to me.

#37 Posted by Joedgabe (5087 posts) -

what's a professional reviewer ?

#38 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3085 posts) -

Average lemming:

#39 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5271 posts) -

Professional reviewer? Are they the same as professional opinion givers? Or is there some subtle difference I'm missing?

#40 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21186 posts) -

I know my grammer in English is bad but this is on another level. LOL

#41 Posted by bobbetybob (19078 posts) -

Oh come on, GS aren't that bad.

"Xbox One is cool enough to compete with Playstation 4 in the global market. The only problem is in its controller. Read more to find out why!"

Hey guy's I'm Mary Rose and I'm down with the kids!

#42 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

The XBOX ONE controller is a little bit better than the PS4 controller, but they are both close. I have both consoles.

#43 Posted by Caseytappy (2109 posts) -

So non gaming woman prefers the DS4 !

#44 Posted by billing (609 posts) -

What gives her zero credibility, is that the XBone controller is actually really really good.

#45 Edited by tdkmillsy (1198 posts) -

I guess years of having the inferior controller would lead to desperate attempts to show the ps4 controller must be better.

#46 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3682 posts) -

Ohhhh right, another one of your convenient "professional reviewers" from some random website no one has heard of. I bet you had to google this to even find it.

Oh and lol: "The microUSB port at the top and the proprietary port on the bottom expose the circuit board on the inside and this gives the controller a very cheap look." I think it's safe to say she's full of shit.

This article is two days old, at the end it says "Let us know what you think"… fuckin crickets, nothing, nada, no one cares what she thinks.

#47 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3085 posts) -

How can anyone hate extra-chunky triggers for fat Cheeto dust-stained lem fingers? Based Microsoft, always thinking of the fans.

#48 Posted by the330and419 (223 posts) -

The comfort level of the xbone controller is pure sex.

#49 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

I held the Xbone controller at Best Buy. It feels cheap. The thumbsticks are too small and the triggers/bumpers are madcatz quality trash.

#50 Posted by tormentos (16284 posts) -

@thr1llh0us said:

Remember for lemming to be a hardcore gamer you need to be a basement dweller..hahaha