Angryjoe's FALLOUT 4 review. (SW's favorite).

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#51 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@CountBleck12: wow the sarcasm in that review, video was funny but not as good as review as joes, because he just rips the game for whole video. Still enjoyed it and subscribed to the channel.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Joe rules. SW are a bunch of hipsters. Seriously get your priorities straight in life.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

The best, most entertaining reviewer on Youtube. And if Joe is so fat...what the **** are you guys? A bunch of 120 lb weaklings?

Agreed with him totally. I'd personally give the game a 9/10, but he's right that despite some of the games short comings, it's still a fucking blast to play and offers 20x the amount of content and shit to do compared to most games.

Bottom line: I ALWAYS get my moneys worth from Bethesda and ALWAYS have a great time playing their games.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#54 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I don't like his personality but he is not a bad reviewer at all.

I think he pretty much nailed it with this one

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@silversix_: Lol, ok then :P

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I agree with his reviews more often than not. He calls games out when the mass media won't. Some of his little intro's and mid review little quips are irritating, but the guy does decent reviews.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

I agree with his reviews more often than not. He calls games out when the mass media won't. Some of his little intro's and mid review little quips are irritating, but the guy does decent reviews.

agreed.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@CountBleck12 said:

The Best Gamers does it better than this loser.

Wow talk about stealing red letter media's schtick. At least Joe's act was original for its time.

On the contrary, I don't believe they are stealing RLM's shtick. If anything, RLM did start off first than The Best Gamers but I'm confident that they were not big yet considering that they hardly ever made videos when they first started. TBG started doing their videos at around the time RLM was hardly popular. They are meant to be seen as a satire video gaming channel poking fun at gamers who take things too seriously as well as mocking stubborn reviewers.

FattyMacFatCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FattyMacFatCat
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

Joes reviews are very fair, the only thing I don't like about him is all the hand gestures he does, needs to cut back on that a bit.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Spending some more time with it, Personally I feel it's a 7/10, but this review is probably the most honest the industry has seen yet. Especially when you compare it to the utter Trash Peter Brown supplied gamespot, one of the most pandering reviews I've ever seen and not very informative at all.

the loading screens are definitely complete shit, and I say that with a beastly PC. It's not the fact they're long, it's the frequency of them. Just for entering a one room house there's a load screen.

I'm glad he touched on how terrible the dialogue and UI is as well, definitely sucks.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Spending some more time with it, Personally I feel it's a 7/10, but this review is probably the most honest the industry has seen yet. Especially when you compare it to the utter Trash Peter Brown supplied gamespot, one of the most pandering reviews I've ever seen and not very informative at all.

the loading screens are definitely complete shit, and I say that with a beastly PC. It's not the fact they're long, it's the frequency of them. Just for entering a one room house there's a load screen.

I'm glad he touched on how terrible the dialogue and UI is as well, definitely sucks.

Agree. This is by far a fair review I seen and his Halo 5 review was also spot on. I'm still playing Fallout 4 and got a long ways to go.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#62 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Joe has a really superficial look of the gaming industry. He might understand the fans but sometimes I think what he says about companies when he disagrees with their decisions makes me think he is idiotic at times.

He acts like game companies are there for the fans and not the money which is so.... One sided.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@shadowchronicle said:

Joe has a really superficial look of the gaming industry. He might understand the fans but sometimes I think what he says about companies when he disagrees with their decisions makes me think he is idiotic at times.

He acts like game companies are there for the fans and not the money which is so.... One sided.

Of course companies are there to make money, but you really don't want a company to continually get away with minor improvements, bugs, absolutely garbage engines.

I'm glad there's reviewers like Joe still left unlike ones like Peter Brown which gloss over such incredible issues as dumbed down dialogue choices, flakey rpg elements, ui, load times and just general coding incompetence.

These problems should be brought to light, not ignored. Especially with a company as big as Bethesda Softworks is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

He should of stuck with the 7 out of 10.. I'd of went 6/10.. Another highly overrated boring open world game that has too many flaws and is dumbed down to boot. It's almost like people have forgotten what good games where like..

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Christ. What has he done? And don't give me a vague answer, I want the actual reason people are upset with him. I've missed something.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

Christ. What has he done? And don't give me a vague answer, I want the actual reason people are upset with him. I've missed something.

He gave Fo4 a 8/10, like most other sites. The game is good, but nothing special. It feels like a skyrim mod.

Fanboys gonna fanboy.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DocSanchez

@-God-: That doesn't explain why people hate him before watching the review of fallout 4 does it? It's more than that.

razecah12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 razecah12
Member since 2015 • 201 Posts

he is right , bethesda fanboy crying because angry joe dont rate 10/10 lol

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

I don't know why the same people feel the need to come in every single thread related to him just to bitch about him.

So you would rather people go in threads not about him to bitch about him?

That doesn't make sense.

Start making sense.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DocSanchez

@razecah12: that doesn't explain why people are mad at him who haven't yet seen this review. What has he actually done prior to this?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@DocSanchez: Well, in my case - I don't watch reviews of games i might get, and lately he reviews nothing but popular games.

Atleast a warning review like Battleship or Ride To Hell might rock the boat a little.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DocSanchez

@Ant_17: thats not why people hate him though.

Im just curious, as I dont watch his show and want to know what he did.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@Ant_17: thats not why people hate him though.

Im just curious, as I dont watch his show and want to know what he did.

There are always haters.

As Chris Rock said - "What happened to just being crazy?"

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#74 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@DocSanchez said:

Half of them don't like him because he dared to complain about Nintendo, and Nintendo fans are scum.

Another quarter don't like him because he's a YouTuber and it bothers them that people make money making YouTube videos. So they are crab in the barrel type cats. The other quarter don't find his shtick funny and find his videos overly long, and badly presented, now that ignores that he is still very capable of making a point, but at least there is a degree of truth there. The shitty defense that "he at least gets points that other reviewers don't remark upon". Which has one too many fallacies

A: Said remark might not be all that important, in the realm of text, you're trying to condense your thoughts about a bit, because no one wants to read anything super fucking long. Half the twits complaining about these reviews and gassing up homeboy for sharing a detail they didn't have, literally don't read the reviews. They read a score, a metacritic quote, and maybe the good/bad section. Fucking dolts that they are.

B: That somehow overrules his other short comings as a critic.

For instance as detailed as he may be, he has a tendency to be just as bad with the hyperbole as any other game critic, he's a little too universal praise/universal complaint about certain elements of a video games, he's had a number of instances where he's complaining something and anyone that has played the game can tell you, that's not the game's fault, that's because Joe sucks at it, and naturally his stupid fanbase while watching his streams (which can be a chore to get through) can actually see, homeboy isn't really all that good at video game (backseat gaming complaint, but whatever), and just ludicrous moments like the dude just being ignorant towards a larger history of this medium.

His MGSV review for instance and other tweets for instance he openly admitted he wasn't that well versed in Stealth games, to the point where he's missed a lot of the genres heavy hitters, still didn't stop the mother fucker from saying it's one of the greatest stealth games of all time, easily. Again after he's already he has no proper context for a statement like that, and I say that as someone who likes the game, a lot.

All in all, people who think he is somehow worse than a games journalist/critic are completely off their rocker, he's no worse than any of the shit they've written. Especially fan favorites like Jim Sterling, Jeff Gerstmann, like most of the fucking people from 1up back in the day. But he's also not an improvement over them either just because "he says something other reviewers don't", he's just as poor in terms of critiques. He's just detailed and has a lot of work done into his videos,.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@shadowchronicle said:

There are plenty of rich companies that make money by releasing quality games that are also polished. Blizzard for example had over 4500 people back in 2012 (even more now probably).

They could easily do what other companies of same size do, release same game every year but they are feeding their employees by taking time and releasing quality games that work day one. And they are making money too. Hell they are among top 5 richest game developers of all time.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Cloud_imperium
@DocSanchez said:

@razecah12: that doesn't explain why people are mad at him who haven't yet seen this review. What has he actually done prior to this?

From what I understand, a lot of people hate him because he bashed Nintendo and others hate him because he gave their favorite game a bad score.

FattyMacFatCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FattyMacFatCat
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

And because he is a youtuber that makes bank doing what he loves, success breeds jealousy.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Joes "angryness" is just a compilation of YouTube and message board comments. He literally just feeds his audience their own words so they find "his" words to be spot on.

- A game comes out

- The internet bitches about a game

- Joe spends a week or two gathering the best and most popular comments

- Joe releases his review

- Message board goers hear the things they been saying for weeks about a game they hate or have never played.

- Joe gets clicks. Joe gets paid.

- "Gamer" has their opinion echoed back at them, justifying their decision not to buy/hate a game.

- Rinse repeat

Joe has a smart hustle going. I just wish his viewers realized they are being taken for a ride.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

One of the points he makes has me wondering, and maybe the more seasoned PC gamers can weigh in on this; but what constitutes a good PC UI and control scheme?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

He's a massive hypocrite.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DocSanchez

@Cloud_imperium: Thanks for the answer, and to JG4xChamp too, seems pathetic to me to overreact that badly.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Angry Joe is my goto reviewer. Always a lot of laughs to be had. Damn entertaining guy, even though I don't necessarily agree with everything he has to say. He absolutely hates some of my most favourite games lol but I still enjoy and hardly miss any of his reviews.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Cloud_imperium

@AdobeArtist said:

One of the points he makes has me wondering, and maybe the more seasoned PC gamers can weigh in on this; but what constitutes a good PC UI and control scheme?

He meant UI made primarily for Mouse and Keyboard and not Controllers. For example some multiplats suffer from this problem when UI is design around controllers, and lack features like shortcuts or instead of rectangular menus, you get circular wheels for weapon selection etc.

Skyrim was accused of having Consolish UI because you had to select xyz menu with WASD keys by going down one by one, like you do with controllers, instead of typical PC UI, designed for quick selection with drag and drop ability.

Mouse is more efficient for multi tasking, so it sucks when you are forced to go through series of small menus just to perform a basic function. Here is small example that tells the difference between a Consolish UI and PC UI.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@AdobeArtist said:

One that isn't reminiscent of Arma.

Mostly joking here, but really. Being required to use the arrow keys on a qwerty keyboard is a dated concept. That and the fact the ui on the pipboy is just a cluttered mess and the map is just plain terrible.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@acp_45 said:

Why hate a reviewer ?

Ask yourselves this stupid question.

many are jelly of his success here on SW.

so if you dislike someone it means your jealous? Man that logic is on point.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#86 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I like Angry Joe, I think he makes good reviews.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

the nintendo incident made me hate the guy. Im no nintendo fanboy far from it,but the video made him look like a money grubbing idiot. seriously it happened once before he complained then he did it again and complained soly for click bait. Its equal to a 5 year old putting his hand on a hot stove and crying about it then doing it again so he can cry about it and get attention.Also the fact he didint want to do any type of nintendo Wiiu videos even though there was a way to get full profit from it after his fan donated money for him to buy a said system. That right there pissed me off the most. It was like pissing on your fans and thats something you never do. After that I never clicked on one of his videos again since I cant stand people like that.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:
@silversix_ said:
@acp_45 said:

Why hate a reviewer ?

Many=/=everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#89  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:
@silversix_ said:
@acp_45 said:

Why hate a reviewer ?

Nice...your ability to comprehend is on point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@-God- said:
@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_: it's not a personal vendetta, he's just a trash entertainer.

in your opinion.

also this game is 8/10 he is spot on. It feels like a fucking Skyrim total conversion mod.

8/10? After watching the review seems more like a 4/10.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
@AdobeArtist said:

Morrowind's UI was brilliant for PC as it was a completely PC centric ui (not much different to windows on a windows OS).

Basically point a click, with games like Skyrim and F4 there are menus where you need to use directional keys and the enter key (even though the E key will suffice) which if you've played many games with a KB/M are out of the way and awkward.

Here's a comparison of the original Skyrim UI (very console centric) and the modded SkyUI that works much much better on a PC.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 -God-

@Snugenz said:
@AdobeArtist said:

Morrowind's UI was brilliant for PC as it was a completely PC centric ui (not much different to windows on a windows OS).

Basically point a click, with games like Skyrim and F4 there are menus where you need to use directional keys and the enter key (even though the E key will suffice) which if you've played many games with a KB/M are out of the way and awkward.

Here's a comparison of the original Skyrim UI (very console centric) and the modded SkyUI that works much much better on a PC.

Thats a pretty damn good example lol. Can't wait for FO4 mods.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#93 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@clone01 said:

Will never give this unfunny asshole any clicks. Blah, blah, blah.

I really never got why people find him funny.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@clone01 said:

Will never give this unfunny asshole any clicks. Blah, blah, blah.

I really never got why people find him funny.

He's seriously lowest common denominator. His videos drag on way too long, and I just get the feeling that he thinks he's the best thing ever. I get it...people need to make their cheddar however they can, so I can't fault him for finding a fanbase and subscribers, but I'll personally never put a dime in his pocket, particularly when I find folks like AVGN and JonTron so much more entertaining (granted, a different type of video game youtube channel).

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#95 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@clone01: I'm with ya there AVGN is more entertaining to me as well.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#96 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:
@DocSanchez said:

the nintendo incident made me hate the guy. Im no nintendo fanboy far from it,but the video made him look like a money grubbing idiot. seriously it happened once before he complained then he did it again and complained soly for click bait. Its equal to a 5 year old putting his hand on a hot stove and crying about it then doing it again so he can cry about it and get attention.Also the fact he didint want to do any type of nintendo Wiiu videos even though there was a way to get full profit from it after his fan donated money for him to buy a said system. That right there pissed me off the most. It was like pissing on your fans and thats something you never do. After that I never clicked on one of his videos again since I cant stand people like that.

Like I said, I don't hate Angry Joe as I still watch his videos and I think Nintendo needs to handle their YouTube situation much better, but good god, he knowingly walked right into that one. I remember him, before even posting more Nintendo related content, even sharing a video by another YT'er on why Nintendo's YouTube policies are BS, but there he was, making a Nintendo vid and getting the C-ID for it, but ends up making a rant video as if he DIDN'T know better before.

But of course, some people miss the point on why we got on Angry Joe's ass during the Nintendo incident (like what you see in Champ, Imperium, and Sanchez's posts here).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@finalfantasy94 said:
@DocSanchez said:

Like I said, I don't hate Angry Joe as I still watch his videos and I think Nintendo needs to handle their YouTube situation much better, but good god, he knowingly walked right into that one. I remember him, before even posting more Nintendo related content, even sharing a video by another YT'er on why Nintendo's YouTube policies are BS, but there he was, making a Nintendo vid and getting the C-ID for it, but ends up making a rant video as if he DIDN'T know better before.

But of course, some people miss the point on why we got on Angry Joe's ass during the Nintendo incident (like what you see in Champ, Imperium, and Sanchez's posts here).

I agree. I personally don't hate Joe, he knew what he was getting into and thought he could get away with it when he posted Mario Party Wii U video along with his friends thinking Nintendo will give him a free pass but nope, his video was shut down and the next day, it did his angry rant yet again. I'm just more surprise that Gamespot even posted an article back in March and GS never posted Angry Joe before and I was actually piss-off about that more so and GS did it for clicks.

MY only issue with Joe is the fact he's not putting out more game reviews then he should be and he's lacking at that his movies review are unnecessary.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 -God-

@nintendoboy16 said:
@finalfantasy94 said:
@DocSanchez said:

I'm not sure he cares about what of nintendo obsesses fanboys think. What they did was shitty, and you know it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#99 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Build it to use a mouse and keyboard as opposed to making a gamepad friendly UI.

Put it another way, the UI's The Xbox One has been running is great for a touch interface or kinect, it's terrible for a gamepad. Which has been a larger, sort of thrown under the rug issue with modern PC games. Because of their console centric nature, they are made with gamepads in mind. Which is one thing to accept from a depth standpoint, it's another when you'll have genres that are more than playable (if not ideal) on a mouse and keyboard, and no one went through the trouble of making a proper interface for it on the PC. To me key binding takes care of whatever "control scheme" issue something might have, but basic menu navigation can be butthole depending on the game.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#100  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@-God- said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@finalfantasy94 said:
@DocSanchez said:

I'm not sure he cares about what of nintendo obsesses fanboys think. What they did was shitty, and you know it.

Because that somehow makes what Joe did less shitty?