Angry Joe weighs in on SFV's exclusivity EDIT: PART 2!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Just like he was Tomb Raider 2 going exclusive, Angry Joe is NOT amused about SFV doing likewise....

Thoughts?

EDIT! Part 2: Capcom gets petty and flags Joe.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Is he angry in the video?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nervmeister

@freedomfreak:

It's subtle, but yes he is.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

as a user on here pointed out tomb raider EXCEEDED sales expectations, all ms done was money hat that shit to stop it releasing on sony platforms (timed exclusive obviously). tomb raider would release anyway regardless if ms paid money or not.

gamespot reported a year ago, ono the producer of street fighter said capcom couldnt afford to fund a sequel hence sony must have stepped in and is probably the reason why capcom are whoring themselves out to whoever wants to fund their ip

completely different situations

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts
@nervmeister said:

It's subtle, but yes he is.

Subtle anger?

That won't do, nerv.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

I can see the annoyance for gamers who only go for one system, but I think Street Fighter and Tomb Raider can get away with it because they have been on multiple systems with different story lines. Having a trilogy with the last game going exclusive would annoy the hell out of me, but in Tomb Raiders and Street Fighters case I don't see too much of a problem.

APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 APiranhaAteMyVa

@ghostwarrior786 said:

as a user on here pointed out tomb raider EXCEEDED sales expectations, all ms done was money hat that shit to stop it releasing on sony platforms (timed exclusive obviously). tomb raider would release anyway regardless if ms paid money or not.

gamespot reported a year ago, ono the producer of street fighter said capcom couldnt afford to fund a sequel hence sony must have stepped in and is probably the reason why capcom are whoring themselves out to whoever wants to fund their ip

Nice excuses. Capcom sure didn't have a problem funding Street Fighter 4 turbo, arcade, super turbo, super super arcade turbo...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Angry Joe is awesome.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

There is only MS to blame as they started these types of deals and i can see a lot of games this gen that were multiplatform before to be exclusive on a single console this gen on both sides.. those with both consoles will benefit.

Besides its seems like SF5 wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for Sony the same thing that Nintendo did to Bayonetta 2.

Shiroibwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shiroibwoy
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts

Ps4 and PC will have crossplatform play. I bet Capcom gave MS the same proposition but in true anti gamer/consumer fashion MS said no.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ghostwarrior786

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Nice excuses. Capcom sure didn't have a problem funding Street Fighter 4 turbo, arcade, super turbo, super super arcade turbo...

yeah im gona believe the actual developer on this one rather than someone on sw who has no proof to say otherwise

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Shiroibwoy said:

Ps4 and PC will have crossplatform play. I bet Capcom gave MS the same proposition but in true anti gamer/consumer fashion MS said no.

It'll be interesting to know if this is the case.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I don't know what the tizzy is. Street Fighter has a small following when compared to other genres. Good games but not a major blow.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Dont cry , you already got a PS4 ... i can see it behind you !!

In the end of the day PS4 >> X1 :P

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

Oh, goody. Angry Joe has an opinion. What's the running time on pounding the same point into the ground. 20-30 minutes?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nervmeister

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I don't know what the tizzy is. Street Fighter has a small following when compared to other genres.

Funny. The millions of sales of IV alone (not including the expansions) plus the major tournaments (complete with their own celebrity players) tell me a different story. Only a precious few specific franchises can really dwarf it in terms of popularity.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

Consumers lose. I know I lost with this. I get all of my online games on the Xbox One and I love the controller for fighting games. Now to play it I'll have to get it on my Playstation 4. Playstation community sucks to me.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Supposedly Sony is codeveloping along with funding, so this is not a simple payoff.

Maybe in initial planning they wanted full crossplay with xbox and other systems? We know how MS is about that kinda stuff so that idea was probably killed early on. Xbox players would have got destroyed with that controller though.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@kingjugganott said:

Consumers lose. I know I lost with this. I get all of my online games on the Xbox One and I love the controller for fighting games. Now to play it I'll have to get it on my Playstation 4. Playstation community sucks to me.

So all the miliions of people who bought a PS4 suck compared to everyone who bought an XBOne?

Lol, gettin douche chills. Xbox controllers suck for fighting games. Everyone who plays fighting games know this, if you want a real console for SF4, you need PC or PS4 anyways

APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 APiranhaAteMyVa

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yeah im gona believe the actual developer on this one rather than someone on sw who has no proof to say otherwise

As stated in the video Street Fighter is one of Capcom's biggest franchises, SF4 with all its different iterations sold around 9 million in total. If Capcom is unable to fund its big franchises, then the company is done for. They shouldn't be looking for some exclusivity funding, they should be looking at selling the franchise off completely if they are in so much trouble.

I'm sure they will have no problem making Super Street Fighter 5 and the other 10 spin offs multiplat though.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

Must watch later.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KingJuggaNott

@KHAndAnime said:

@kingjugganott said:

So all the miliions of people who bought a PS4 suck compared to everyone who bought an XBOne?

Lol, gettin douche chills. Xbox controllers suck for fighting games. Everyone who plays fighting games know this, if you want a real console for SF4, you need PC or PS4 anyways

I stated that "It SUCKS TO ME" meaning that is MY opinion. If you love the community and you feel like the Xbox Controller sucks that's fine I have no problem with YOUR preference. But I don't NEED a PS4 I have one tho....it's all about preference. I would prefer to have it on my Xbox One since I play with my friends on Xbox. Douche Chills? C'mon....smh

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

The whole fat ornery dude shtick is so played out and corny.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Well said Joe, as usual you are pretty damn spot-on. **** these corporations, they really don't deserve our money.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

what can I say? The game is a multiplat and it will have online crossplay.

Even if it were Xbox exclusive I wouldn't be complaining about since I could still play it on PC anyway. I'm pretty sure the requirements will not be that high.

The Tomb Raider outrage happened because when the game was announced they made it seem like if the only system the game was gonna appear was on Xbox when it actually was a timed exclusive. Then Bayonetta too because it was gonna appear in only 1 system but it was later on explained that Nintendo funded the entire project.

But many of the people raging for TB were PC gamers, so it wasn't only PS fans that were pissed. Now with SFV the only people raging are the Xbros, aka, the minority considering the combined sales of PC and PS4, and the fact that every version of SFIV sold the least on X360 even though it was the preferred platform of the FGC.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KingJuggaNott

Raging. LOL

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#27 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

There is quite a difference between making a full new game (which means all new assets, potentially a new engine and fighting mechanics) to just tacking on new stuff to an existing engine and tweaking the existing mechanics expense wise.

All the info we have on the situation points to a Baya2 situation, that it wasn't going to be made, at least not anytime soon, without outside funding.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Isn't this also similar to FFXIV: ARR? Game was going to be on X1 but MS had issues with crossplay.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Shiroibwoy said:

@Zidaneski said:

Isn't this also similar to FFXIV: ARR? Game was going to be on X1 but MS had issues with crossplay.

This is actually really possible.

I mean, if Sony is moneyhatting/co-funding SF5, why allow a PC version, with cross play of all things, at launch? It'll only eat into the sales of the ps4 version. Not just from dedicated pc gamers, but, if it's easy to run like SF4, from people who might have bought this on their xboxes.

This really might be a case were Capcom wanted crossplay, and while Sony said yes to PC, like War Thunder and FF XIV, MS said no to either.

If it does come to xb1 has the super/ultra edition a year latter, and i'd say that it's possible because lolcapcomexclusives, it'll be interesting to see if it's cross play or not.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

It is not exclusive like Tomb raider tho, it coming to PC as well

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

there was nobody that was a bigger fighter fan back in the day when you and your friends sat around passing the controller than me but wtf do i care now?

those days are long gone.

even with all the guys i live near we just stay home and play anyway and i'm not going to play fighters online because you can never get that old school fraction of a second hits between animation frames gameplay that made them fun anyway.

in conclusion, r.i.p. street fighter.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

there was nobody that was a bigger fighter fan back in the day when you and your friends sat around passing the controller than me but wtf do i care now?

those days are long gone.

even with all the guys i live near we just stay home and play anyway and i'm not going to play fighters online because you can never get that old school fraction of a second hits between animation frames gameplay that made them fun anyway.

in conclusion, r.i.p. street fighter.

Street Fighter started from the Arcade era and back then, Street Fighter rule the Arcade when fighting games were a big thing, just like Mortal Kombat was. Considering Arcades are now dead, [well in my area but don't know about the rest of the world] online pretty much took care of everything.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Who plays Fighting Games online anyway.... How are suppose to laugh in their face when you wipe the floor with them ?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

PC master race.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#35 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

This man does not live up to his name. Where's the anger?!

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ghostwarrior786

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Shiroibwoy said:

@Zidaneski said:

I mean, if Sony is moneyhatting/co-funding SF5, why allow a PC version, with cross play of all things, at launch? It'll only eat into the sales of the ps4 version. Not just from dedicated pc gamers, but, if it's easy to run like SF4, from people who might have bought this on their xboxes.

This really might be a case were Capcom wanted crossplay, and while Sony said yes to PC, like War Thunder and FF XIV, MS said no to either.

If it does come to xb1 has the super/ultra edition a year latter, and i'd say that it's possible because lolcapcomexclusives, it'll be interesting to see if it's cross play or not.

lmao u still dont get it. sony also funded grim fandango remake and guess what? thats also getting a pc release. u know why? because they dont give a shit about pc, its completely different market. day of the tentacle which was announced yesterday also funded by sony getting pc release. bu-bu-bu sony money hat!!! haha

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Is he angry in the video?

Not angry enough.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DEadliNE-Zero0

@ghostwarrior786: And MS funded Ori and that's on PC, but DR3 and Ryse weren't. Your point?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Shiroibwoy said:

@Zidaneski said:

MS won't be doing any cross overs again I don't think. Ever since they canned GFWL there is no infrastructure there to allow PC users and Xbox players to connect and they sure as hell aren't going to allow Steam in on this. Sony has done this before though, Portal 2 had cross platform play between PSN and Steam. Hell Steam can even let you log in with your PSN details.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Did anyone catch that Chun_Li's boobs jiggle? XD

This is getting to be more and more like DOA.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ghostwarrior786

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786: And MS funded Ori and that's on PC, but DR3 and Ryse weren't. Your point?

and now dr3 and ryse are. sony obviously feel they dont need to block pc verison from being released at the same time and capcom must have offered them a better deal if they didnt hence we are getting pc and ps4 release at same time. u need to stop with ur conspiracy bullshit even though the devs have themselves said they couldnt fund a sequel

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

He's right. You're all a bunch of morons.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I always thought he wasn't angry enough. I'm expecting rage and frothing at the mouth from a guy called Angry Joe. He never gets that far and its disappointing.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I don't know what the tizzy is. Street Fighter has a small following when compared to other genres. Good games but not a major blow.

Yes because the size of the following determines the quality of the game. Thats said I couldn't give a shit about SF.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44943 Posts

blogs aren't allowed in SW #wheredamods

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@ghostwarrior786: No shit. I know you're slow, but i'm talking about at release. So why isn't Deep Down releasing on PC?

It's being published by Capcom themselves, who still have control of the IP, and getting assistance from Sony's studios.

You expect anyone with a half a brain to believe Sony would give millions to either block off platforms, or help the funding of the development of the game, and allow PC to steal hundreds of thousands, if not a million, of their sales while letting cross platform exist from the start?

hahahah, oh god, you're adorable.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

He is right. Just as TR was a dick move, this too is a dick move.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ghostwarrior786

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ghostwarrior786: No shit. I know you're slow, but i'm talking about at release. So why isn't Deep Down releasing on PC?

It's being published by Capcom themselves, who still have control of the IP, and getting assistance from Sony's studios.

You expect anyone with a half a brain to believe Sony would give millions to either block off platforms, or help the funding of the development of the game, and allow PC to steal hundreds of thousands, if not a million, of their sales while letting cross platform exist from the start?

hahahah, oh god, you're adorable.

because capcom dont have the money to self publish a niche new ip like deep down for a platform it will most likely flop on u clown hence why they are only using sony money to develop for ps4. with sf4 at least they know the game will sell a bit on pc so they gather up a bit of money to self publish and because sony is hardly going to lose sales to the fukin pc they dont want to offer up the additional money to block its release.

its more tales from the ass like usual from u bu-bu-bu moneyhats!! haha

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4

oh they got a long way to go before they even reach DoA's level of Sophistication.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Also if Capcom has money for whatever normal shit they bring out, they have money for one of their cash cow franchises. It's likely in Capcoms top 5 series that actually makes them money. I don't believe they don't have money for this. It's not a sequel to one of those weird games they make that sold ten copies, it's a game that'll probably break-even day one.