Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@intotheminx said:

Clearly MS made a good decision since all the Sony boys are butt hurt. Is it a good decision for Crystal? Nope. Now if you wanna play TROTTR you will have to own a Xbox One...MS should do this more. They have the money.

We won't know if MS made the right decision until we get the sales figures in about 14 months time, I don't care that MS tries to buy people off it is business, would make more sense to invest in some new IP with your own studios though.

But Square Enix should know better, they are seriously going to do an exclusive for a console that is being outsold at least 2:1 when the series is just getting started. Wonder what the deal was.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Whatever.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@xhawk27: sigh, are you trying to say Sony stole Bloodborne?

Because if you are... Then you are just being ignorant of the fact that the first Souls game (Demon's souls) was made by Scea with the help of From Software and the IP is owned by Sony.

Stupid lemmings, really.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Meh I don't see this as a big deal to make a rant video.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Someone really needs to get laid...i mean i get the PR stuff BS, that's bad...but is really not that big of a deal.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#106 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@intotheminx:

Ms have the money to buy everything. I don't like tomb raider so I don't care it's on the xbone and not ps4 (I own a ps4 don't have a bone).

This situation is hilarious though to see all the butthurt cows.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@edwardecl:

Ms obviously has to make moves and put road blocks in the way of the Sony ps4 hype train. The way games are selling on the ps4 I would say it's a good move even if it doesn't sell well on the xbone.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#108 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@shadowchronicle said:

@lostrib said:

@-Damien- said:

@xhawk27 said:

So he is ok with Sony buying Exclusives but just not MS.

which exclusive did Sony buy?

would you have an issue if Sony did buy an exclusive?

Essentially this.

One of the reasons I don't watch AngryJoe is he can't seem to acknowledge that these are businesses and not your best friend or buddy. I mean sure the purpose of his channel is to make youthful videos on his anger at corporations. But he's an idiot for buying the game thinking it would just continue as a multiplatform game. It's unfortunate but it hasn't happened before.

He's just not realistic.

To be fair I think he's more upset about the way they're going about it, and if you were a TR fan the PR statement was a slap to the face. They need to come right out and say if it's a timed exclusive or flat out exclusive exclusive that will never see the light of day on the PC or PS4.

They can't come right out because that means lost money. LOL

Why the **** would anyone ever tell us their product is timed exclusive? Makes the whole premise entirely pointless. "Buy the xbone to play our game, or you could just wait a while or something". Yeah, if they actually confirmed it as timed then half the people would buy the thing, and all of those people would be impatient twats, the kind of people who pre order.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#110 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Joe is the voice of the people.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I didn't know people were upset about this.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

lol that was entertaining still. Re-watching it, it just comes off as fanboyish, he needs to sleep on it and not make such a reactionary video.

I know this exclusivity deal is problematic, but that is some funny butt hurt right there.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#113  Edited By 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Nothing against Angry Joe really. Guy makes some of the best reviews out there. But these rants are kind of hard to take seriously when it seems like he's about to cry the entire time. Kind of weird.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

I only watched a couple of minutes of it and that was enough for me to know it's a dumb rant. He is aware these companies are competitors, right? If a company has the means to pay for an exclusive then more power to em'. It is often referred to as a console war, after all.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Not sure what his issue is, seems to be with the blog Crystal Dynamics put up. No business reveals the truth in PR, as they want to make it seem like they are still for the fans. As a business money is their first priority, and with gamers being the biggest babies in all of media crying at every little decision, it is impossible to make all gamers happy.

Crystal Dynamics would have accessed whether it would be better to go with what ever Microsoft offered or go multiplat, and they decided Microsoft will lead to more money being made. As a business after money they require no justification for abandoning any fans on other systems. No company will be immune from that, even Valve if offered enough money will drop their pants for any company.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@edwardecl said:
@intotheminx said:

Clearly MS made a good decision since all the Sony boys are butt hurt. Is it a good decision for Crystal? Nope. Now if you wanna play TROTTR you will have to own a Xbox One...MS should do this more. They have the money.

We won't know if MS made the right decision until we get the sales figures in about 14 months time, I don't care that MS tries to buy people off it is business, would make more sense to invest in some new IP with your own studios though.

But Square Enix should know better, they are seriously going to do an exclusive for a console that is being outsold at least 2:1 when the series is just getting started. Wonder what the deal was.

Well, by the time ROTTR is released more people will own a Xbox One I imagine lol. If they give Tomb Raider the same advertising campaign they gave Titanfall It could be pretty successful. What people are failing to realize is that MS probably offered SE a ridiculous deal that could give longer life to the reboot. For all we know it's enough to cover their losses or plan for the third installment. We need more details on the deal, but that isn't going to happen.

Also, I'm willing to bet that the deal involves a PC release at some point since MS is trying to back PC users now.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

@intotheminx:

Ms have the money to buy everything. I don't like tomb raider so I don't care it's on the xbone and not ps4 (I own a ps4 don't have a bone).

This situation is hilarious though to see all the butthurt cows.

I actually liked the reboot a lot. but I won't be buying a Xbox One to play the sequel. I'm hoping the deal involves a PC release at some point.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#118 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

lol at cows

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

How can anyone watch a professional whiner for 15 minutes?

The fact he rants about "making" the game popular is the typical entitlement attitude of this day and age.

The game was popular because the devs did a good job of making it.

This guy is a douchebag.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Hang on isn't AngryJoe and xbox fanboy? What's his problem?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Sollet said:

@xhawk27: sigh, are you trying to say Sony stole Bloodborne?

Because if you are... Then you are just being ignorant of the fact that the first Souls game (Demon's souls) was made by Scea with the help of From Software and the IP is owned by Sony.

Stupid lemmings, really.

and Bloodborne is being made by SCEA too. On top of it is not even a sequel either, it's a new IP.

But nothing of worth can be expected of a lemtool. I mean, they prefer xbox...

RpgGamer23q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#122  Edited By RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

pretty sad.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Are they seriously bleeping out 'god' but leaving in shits and fucks? sat wut

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I love Joe but really was this worth a rant? Feels a little forced.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#125 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Ironically AngryJoe is at his best when he is taking the piss, or being funny/corny. Instead of him being angry.

I did like his desperate personal video about the YouTube copyright takedowns, though.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

It's going to be a timed exclusive, you can quote me on that :)

Edit: Unless it flops so hard that they bury it in the dessert.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#127  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@rjdofu said:

@coasterguy65 said:

@lostrib said:

@coasterguy65 said:

I'm going to pass on clicking on the video. I'm not really interested in watching another PS fanboy cry themselves to sleep over the Tomb Raider announcement. It will probably be on the PC at some point next year given MS's 3rd party exclusive track record.

He's not really a Playstation Fanboy

Oh ok...well it seems like it from the stuff I have seen from him in the past. I normally don't really follow people that whine a lot on the internet though, so I could easily be mistaken.

The hell are you talking about? Just admit that you don't know shit about him and his preference (he only played xbox & PC last gen FYI) and get on with it.

Um...that's what I pretty much said. I normally don't follow people that whine a lot on the internet, and that I could have been mistaken...see it's in the space right above your comment.

Anyway I still don't understand why an "Xbox and PC" only person would get to the point of almost crying in a video over TR becoming an Xbox exclusive. Anyway it's not that important.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Will watch later.

Don't waste your time. Angry Joe is really lowest common denominator.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Joe using the lastest scandal to get clicks? Next you'll tell me that's what basically every site does, like gamesp..........oh.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 clone01

@HalcyonScarlet said:

lol that was entertaining still. Re-watching it, it just comes off as fanboyish, he needs to sleep on it and not make such a reactionary video.

I know this exclusivity deal is problematic, but that is some funny butt hurt right there.

I don't really care if he's a fanboy. His videos just aren't that good. He just comes across as an asshole.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Bread_or_Decide

@clone01 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Will watch later.

No he's not. He's cool and one of the best youtube personalities out there.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@dommeus said:

Are they seriously bleeping out 'god' but leaving in shits and fucks? sat wut

Sounds good to me. I find religion more offensive than swearing ;)

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Bread_or_Decide

@deadline-zero0 said:

Joe using the lastest scandal to get clicks? Next you'll tell me that's what basically every site does, like gamesp..........oh.

Joe has 1.5 million subscribers. His reviews pull in 75-85% of his subscribers, every time. The man does not need to click bait. Ever.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#134 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Joe has 1.5 million subscribers. His reviews pull in 75-85% of his subscribers, every time. The man does not need to click bait. Ever.

Yeah, Justin Bieber's pretty popular too. Must be quality.

Want a good game reviewer? Look up matthermatosis or charlie cade. They can do more than scream expletives and tell the viewer the popular opinion. They actually give really in depth thoughtful analysis.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 clone01

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@clone01 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Will watch later.

No he's not. He's cool and one of the best youtube personalities out there.

We'll agree to disagree. I find him unctious, abrasive, and unappealing.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Why does it seem cows glorify these Sony troll characters like this guy, Adrian Warden and El Presente or however you spell their names. I guess birds of a feather flock together. This Tomb Raider butt hurt is real and so wide spread. Well done Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics and Microsoft.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#137 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Definitely an awesome rant. Watched it last night. Love his rants. They are hilarious. His reviews are good too. Especially if the game sucks.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

ROFL. Damian needs Average Joe to make him feel better about the shot in the balls cow took.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@blackace said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Everybody gone to rapture. I know this isn't a major AAA game but it was announced for PC first then the chinese room sold out to sony.

No Man's Sky which was also PC first and foremost. Now it's timed exclusive on the PS4. lol!!

That's different Sony just paid for it to come to the PS4 not to keep it off the PC. They were also very clear on the Timed part.

Actually they weren't. It wasn't until the Edge article that it was confirmed to still be coming to PC

Same how they weren't clear at E3 that Grim Fandango was coming to other platforms, same with LBP3

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 clone01

@sirk1264 said:

Definitely an awesome rant. Watched it last night. Love his rants. They are hilarious. His reviews are good too. Especially if the game sucks.

Please explain how they are awesome...I watched it, and it seemed like something that would be shat out of the mouth of a 13 year old. Nothing funny, witty, anything. He is literally getting angry about things that companies do. Guess what? Exclusivity involves a whole bunch of money changing hands.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shadowchronicle said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@blackace said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

**** Crystal Dynamics

**** Square Enix

I don't even like Tomb Raider, but the way they are handling this is a bunch of bullshit.

No more different then the way Kojima handled MGS:GZ on the XB1. Literally bashing the game before it was released. Saying it will play better on the PS4. Then they wonder why sales were low on the XB1 version. lol!! Bunch of hypocritical idiots. They didn't even use the updated SDK for the game and probably still won't for MGSV:PP.

That's because the xbone is an order of magnitude weaker than the ps4.

That's just the cold hard truth, Kojima actually was upfront about it which should be commended. He didn't pull an ubisoft.

We really need more honesty in this industry, not more shilling.

The PS4 is magnitudes better on paper but it hasn't shown anything that makes it far more amazing than an Xbox.

We could talk about the minimal graphic differences but I don't remember console players caring about graphics in the first place considering people's arguments against PC games as "consolites".

I wouldn't call second son slight, that's still the best looking console game thus far to me.

But you're pretty biased so your opinion is taken with a grain of salt.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#142  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts
@Bishop1310 said:

lol everyone in here takes gaming way to seriously................

too*

It's a good thing you don't... oh wait, you are here as well, which would make you one of the "everyone." Or was that implied?

Anyways though... I could care less overall, but understand why some people would be upset by the PR BS talk. Nothing new.. Companies treating their customers like they are stupid or ignorant (depending on the way you look at it), because the consumers don't have a choice, where as the big wigs believe they are pulling the wool over unsuspecting eyes. The world goes on, and the dense corporate puppet heads swell as their inflated egos lead them to believe they are outsmarting the public. I think the rant was more about the fact that the "public" isn't buying into the vast amount of sugar coating, and he wishes that people would just say it like it is. That requires balls though, and with the people that actually DO buy into the BS.... well, lets just say, telling the truth could backfire as well, but it sure as hell would gain much more respect. Problem is "respect" isn't always profitable..... and so goes the corporate world these days. Sell to the highest bidder, not the loyal, trustworthy, base that got you to where you are today. #sellout We wonder why quality, originality, and loyalty is a dying breed, but the answer is right in front of us. Money/Marketing/Technology. The importance of the first three is overshadowed, due to a materialistic society looking to maximize profit margins at our expense. Which sadly enough is just about a MUST these days since most companies have gone the same path, and steamroll those who pose a threat by thinking outside the box. However, it is not mainly the gaming industries fault since vanity is overly stressed and graphics push development costs to extreme heights while cutting budget from more important aspects of design. In such light, giving props to companies like Nintendo is paramount. Staying true to your core is risky these days and doesn't have as much immediate upside, but often pays off over a longer stretch of time.... That is why I salute companies like Nintendo and Koei. While MS and SONY appeared to be "in for the now" in recent years. NOW SONY is paying the price of greed, and MS is going to have an uphill battle. Patience is a virtue and longevity is most often achieved through building trust.

Wow... anyways, I guess I proved your point about taking things too seriously, even if in a round about way that isn't necessarily directly tied to gaming.. lmao. I truly didn't care about what happened in correlation with TR... then I went and wrote a term paper... :P

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#143 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

what timed exclusives has sony bought? i cant think of one? i thought they just bought exclusive dlcs

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

And cows wonder why they're the jokes of SWs hahahaha damn what a bunch of self entitled losers.

NEWS FLASH cows!!!!! The game is a timed exclusive

Stop your crying about it already.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@-Damien-: This guy is a jack ass.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

I will never buy another Tomb Raider game now. I have bought them all. PS sells more for them than xbox. They don't need our support obviously since M$ paid them a lot of $$$$.

I hope it was a lot, because this will make a lot of PS4 owners never buy another Tomb Raider. When the makers of Tomb Raider see how badly the PS4 continues to outsell the X1 they will see their mistake.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Bread_or_Decide

@clr84651 said:

@xhawk27 said:

I will never buy another Tomb Raider game now. I have bought them all. PS sells more for them than xbox. They don't need our support obviously since M$ paid them a lot of $$$$.

I hope it was a lot, because this will make a lot of PS4 owners never buy another Tomb Raider. When the makers of Tomb Raider see how badly the PS4 continues to outsell the X1 they will see their mistake.

"PS4 owners will never buy another TR"

LOL yeah right. Yes you will.