Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501  Edited By Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Parody is covered as fair use. You can make fun of Joe but you can't use any of his actual own content.

But you can mimic, mock, and satire his content. So if you dressed up as him, and shot similar style videos making fun of him then it's your content and there's nothing he can do.

Use anything he made and you're in trouble.

Not only is he in trouble if he is monetizing that video, if he pulls out the "fair use" card in court while using material owned by AJ, the judge will laugh in his face.... or be pissed that his time is being wasted on ruling out dumb shit that should be common sense.

Avatar image for bundleofnumbers
bundleofnumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#502  Edited By bundleofnumbers
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#504  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@iandizion713 said:

@sSubZerOo: You can twist it all you want, but as long as you use fair use then Nintendo cant do much unless you slander them. Why is that so hard to understand? I dare you to Slander Pepsi or Ford, watch what happens.

...........Are you serious right now? There are countless videos online and articles talking about the dangers of Pepsi as a product, in which people are telling their viewership not to consume them ever.. You seem not to understand that slander doesn't mean your free from criticism.

O my goodness bro, how is that slander?

If you go make a video that states Pepsi puts dead rats in their product as a secret ingredient watch how fast your sued. You cant slander companies.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@-God-: O wow, repeating yourself like a parrot dont really help God.

Avoiding the subject matter doesn't do you any good either.

Why is it the biggest names in gaming won't even do this scumbag shit Nintendo is up to?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507  Edited By iandizion713

@-God- said:

@iandizion713 said:

@-God-: O wow, repeating yourself like a parrot dont really help God.

Avoiding the subject matter doesn't do you any good either.

Why is it the biggest names in gaming won't even do this scumbag shit Nintendo is up to?

Nintendo, Marvel, DC, Disney, Sega? All the companies with the biggest IPs are protecting their image like crazy.

xboxone360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 xboxone360
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

who cares about this guy

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

@iandizion713: Alright, go ahead and shoot. Tell me what's so negative that a publisher would outright refuse exposure to millions of people.

You can still re-sell "promote" their shit if you dont unload chunks of their hardwork on the internet. Or DO feel free to dump their stuff in there, just dont ask for money in return. The downside of letting people make business with your licensed stuff is a massive increase on such a practive, therefore a higher potential loss of marketing control, and opening up for potential brand damaging situations or legal issues by setting a precendent on being lenient on the subject or copyright material appropriation.

You say most publishers dont do this, well most publishers dont own characters that can even begin to rival Mickey Mouse in terms of exposure or financial value. And guess what Disney does with their IPs? It protects them like they are made of fucking glass, thats what.

Finally a real answer from you. When it comes to Let's Plays the way they can promote a game is extremely limited. Most often then not it's all pretty straight forward. I can't think think of a situation where a Let's Play could result in "brand damaging", because all Let's Players really do is just play games, along with throwing some personality in to the mix. In fact this case is far more likely with reviewers if anything.

So the risk of increase on Let's play videos, i would argue that this is a good thing. How can it not when these videos would be exposed to millions of people, as me and numerous other people have already expressed. Now your argument is loss of marketing control, which, to be honest, you're making it sound much worse then it actually would be. Fact is there has never been a worst care scenario involving loss of marketing control involving Let's Plays. The only case where this would be true is if said game would receive an immense amount of negative publicity, but this would be due to it already being a bad game. Bad games = Bad publicity. Games like War Z or Ride to Hell: Retribution.

And the bolded part, I call BS and it's complete paranoia on behalf of the publisher if they act according to this.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@iandizion713: And what about EA, Ubisoft, Sony, Microsoft, Activision or Rockstar? All of which have games that sell as much if not more than Nintendos products, and certainly more than the companies you listed.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#511 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@bundleofnumbers said:

@Thunderdrone said:
@SexyJazzCat said:

@Thunderdrone: No rebuttal, as expected.

You're claim that there is no downside to letting people make business with your property for free (and with no control) is so stupid I'm honestly still hoping you were joking.

Well actually you sold it to them, so it's their property...

Well since you know cloning so well lets put up an example. Lets say you make a channel called Angry Joseph. The focus of your videos is to watch his videos and offer live critiques and commentary of his videos. And lets say by some miracle your channel takes off. But Angry Joe gets mad because your using his product to make money. Would you tell him its free advertising for him? And lets say Joe has an option to take a percentage of your profits. I bet you not only does he take as much of your profits as humanly possible, he would do everything in his power to shut you down.

Parody is covered as fair use. You can make fun of Joe but you can't use any of his actual own content.

But you can mimic, mock, and satire his content. So if you dressed up as him, and shot similar style videos making fun of him then it's your content and there's nothing he can do.

Oh the angry joseph show will be showing all footage of the angry joe show including his original work. Its free advertising right?

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 SexyJazzCat

@bunchanumbers: If he posted a link to his channel in the description, yes.

Avatar image for bundleofnumbers
bundleofnumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#513  Edited By bundleofnumbers
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@bundleofnumbers said:

@Thunderdrone said:
@SexyJazzCat said:

@Thunderdrone: No rebuttal, as expected.

You're claim that there is no downside to letting people make business with your property for free (and with no control) is so stupid I'm honestly still hoping you were joking.

Well actually you sold it to them, so it's their property...

Well since you know cloning so well lets put up an example. Lets say you make a channel called Angry Joseph. The focus of your videos is to watch his videos and offer live critiques and commentary of his videos. And lets say by some miracle your channel takes off. But Angry Joe gets mad because your using his product to make money. Would you tell him its free advertising for him? And lets say Joe has an option to take a percentage of your profits. I bet you not only does he take as much of your profits as humanly possible, he would do everything in his power to shut you down.

Oh the angry joseph show will be showing all footage of the angry joe show including his original work. Its free advertising right?

A: It is free advertising for his Channel

B: I have added something that is new to the content by adding a perspective

C: Angry is not copyrighted and my name could be joesph

D: Angry Joe has said he fine with remixes of his content as long as they offer something new

E: There are fair use laws

F: If I was a clone I would have to work on my Nintendo fanboy mentality

G: gg

H: There are people that do that for some of his videos (like this nintendo situation)

I: There is a difference between showing a movie and a game (The stream does not replace the game)

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514  Edited By iandizion713

@SexyJazzCat said:

@Thunderdrone said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

@iandizion713: Alright, go ahead and shoot. Tell me what's so negative that a publisher would outright refuse exposure to millions of people.

You can still re-sell "promote" their shit if you dont unload chunks of their hardwork on the internet. Or DO feel free to dump their stuff in there, just dont ask for money in return. The downside of letting people make business with your licensed stuff is a massive increase on such a practive, therefore a higher potential loss of marketing control, and opening up for potential brand damaging situations or legal issues by setting a precendent on being lenient on the subject or copyright material appropriation.

You say most publishers dont do this, well most publishers dont own characters that can even begin to rival Mickey Mouse in terms of exposure or financial value. And guess what Disney does with their IPs? It protects them like they are made of fucking glass, thats what.

Finally a real answer from you. When it comes to Let's Plays the way they can promote a game is extremely limited. Most often then not it's all pretty straight forward. I can't think think of a situation where a Let's Play could result in "brand damaging", because all Let's Players really do is just play games, along with throwing some personality in to the mix. In fact this case is far more likely with reviewers if anything.

So the risk of increase on Let's play videos, i would argue that this is a good thing. How can it not when these videos would be exposed to millions of people, as me and numerous other people have already expressed. Now your argument is loss of marketing control, which, to be honest, you're making it sound much worse then it actually would be. Fact is there has never been a worst care scenario involving loss of marketing control involving Let's Plays. The only case where this would be true is if said game would receive an immense amount of negative publicity, but this would be due to it already being a bad game. Bad games = Bad publicity. Games like War Z or Ride to Hell: Retribution.

And the bolded part, I call BS and it's complete paranoia on behalf of the publisher if they act according to this.

Its not that Nintendo doesnt like Lets Plays, its true they dont care for them much. They would rather you expereince it. Which is true, you can watch something and say, hmm, dont think i would like that at all. But i bet if you tried it yourself you would have a different reaction.

Now on the other reason they dont really agree with Lets Plays is spoilers. But now Youtubers have gotten better at following the rules and not spoiling things, like skipping over sences etc, its still hard to regulate though.

Another is content behavior. If little kids are watching Nintendo games and dude is cursing up a storm or saying nasty stuff like like my balls etc, this looks bad on Nintendo. Also other things can be done, racist stuff could be said, its endless what can go wrong. Its not fair to expose young people to adult content. It reflects badly on Nintendos image.

Lastly, money, Nintendo wants paid for the content you are using. Royalties.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515  Edited By iandizion713
@SexyJazzCat said:

@iandizion713: And what about EA, Ubisoft, Sony, Microsoft, Activision or Rockstar? All of which have games that sell as much if not more than Nintendos products, and certainly more than the companies you listed.

They just dont really care or are too scared to care. Same reason they dont promote health features on their products like Nintendo does. They be different.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516  Edited By Thunderdrone

@SexyJazzCat said:

@Thunderdrone said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

You cant see how Lets Plays can potentially damage the value of products like (for example) The Order, Walking Dead, or other audiovisual/story focused games? You dont realize that there is now a subgroup of people that buy some games, but are happily content on watching Lets Plays of others (regardless of genre), therefore benefitting the monetized channel owner for playing it, but not the developer for making, paying for and licensing the product being played?

And the marketing loss part; I actually work in marketing. Not being in control of how your brand is handled and appropriated can be a fucking disaster that only gets worse the bigger you are. I already explained some reasons why, I dont really want to repeat myself.

Maybe not as restrictive and as undercooked as Nintendos partership thingy, but I fully expect others to follow suit with simillar programs. There is simply NO reason not to ask "career Youtube gamers" for something in return for making a living broadcasting their products in a free, massively popular website like YT. It is absolutely fair to have all parties involved DIRECTLY rewarded in some way other than one of them hoping the exposure sells them more copies.

Angry Joe is crying that Nintendo is cashing in on his talent... Yet he is doing the EXACT SAME fucking thing and expecting a differeny outcome.

This is business, not charity.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517  Edited By iandizion713

@Thunderdrone: well said.

I find it funny they dont complain about paying Youtube if they use Youtube to make money. I upload to Youtube for free, but if i ever hit that monetize button, boom, got to pay 50%.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@iandizion713: Because they're using youtube as their platform, much like how ebay takes a cut from all sold products.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520  Edited By iandizion713

@SexyJazzCat: And using full original content from Nintendo as their source.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521  Edited By Thunderdrone
@SexyJazzCat said:

@iandizion713: Because they're using youtube as their platform, much like how ebay takes a cut from all sold products.

Youtube is the area you are renting to build your store (or game channel).

Your original content (you talking, your character skits, etc) is the product you can sell for nothing but profit.

The branded stuff that complements your original content (game footage/assets/music/etc) is stuff you need to buy/pay a fee in order to repackage and sell as part of your own offerings.

How is this shit so hard to understand? The immaterial nature of Youtube doesnt somehow render video and sound assets worthless. You want licensed content, pay for it!

Its up for the owner of those licenses to decide if they should just hand you over shit for free, not you. You certainly have absolutely NO grounds to bitch and moan if they happen to attach a price tag to their stuff should you choose to repackage it as part of your own price-tagged product.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522  Edited By -God-

Joe made it pretty clear about the mindset of these nintendo fans in that video. He called their arguements, and here they are repeating it without shame.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Looooooool, holy shit haha. I just decided to finally watch the video, couldn't make it past 3 and half minutes. Nintendos policies are outdated and jank, sure, but this dude is an obnoxious, self entitled little twat.

I can't argue for either side on this really. In one corner we have Nintendo, the archaic dumb ass. In the other we have Joe, the sniveling little bitch.

Hilarious.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@Thunderdrone: You cant see how Lets Plays can potentially damage the value of products like (for example) The Order, Walking Dead, or other audiovisual/story focused games? You dont realize that there is now a subgroup of people that buy some games, but are happily content on watching Lets Plays of others (regardless of genre), therefore benefitting the monetized channel owner for playing it, but not the developer for making, paying for and licensing the product being played?

But in the end they don't. They sell just fine. In fact games like Walking Dead that were VERY popular amongst Let's players sold extremely well. These people that are happily content with watching videos were never going to buy the game anyway. Even with these people watching the videos and not buying the games, the company still benefits from the people that DO buy the game, as opposed to never uploading said video and never exposing these games to potential buyers.

"And the marketing loss part; I actually work in marketing. Not being in control of how your brand is handled and appropriated can be a fucking disaster that only gets worse the bigger you are. I already explained some reasons why, I dont really want to repeat myself."

Well marketing involving Let's Plays is a whole different ball game. There's little room for negative impact.

Maybe not as restrictive and as undercooked as Nintendos partership thingy, but I fully expect others to follow suit with simillar programs. There is simply NO reason not to ask "career Youtube gamers" for something in return for making a living broadcasting their products in a free, massively popular website like YT. It is absolutely fair to have all parties involved DIRECTLY rewarded in some way other than one of them hoping the exposure sells them more copies.

Youtube isn't free, they get a cut of the ad revenue. And it's far too much to ask considering the company is about 3 zeroes above their pay grade. The free publicity involving the million person viewership, all of which are the demographic they're aiming towards, which otherwise they would have no access to, is a perfectly fine trade off. Every other publisher seems to think so. So no, I don't expect publishers to join suit with nintendo. The difference between Nintendo and every other publisher is that they aren't as out of touch as Nintendo is with just about everything.

"Angry Joe is crying that Nintendo is cashing in on his talent... Yet he is doing the EXACT SAME fucking thing and expecting a differeny outcome.

This is business, not charity."

You're right, it isn't a charity. Let's Players aren't going to waste their time with nintendo games if their company don't see the value in their million person viewership. They fully expect to be compensated for exposing their game to millions of people. They aren't going to split their revenue on top of youtubes cut to do their job.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 SexyJazzCat

@Thunderdrone: I understand it fully. It's just that Nintendo is the only fuckwit who ignores the benefits.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526  Edited By Thunderdrone

@SexyJazzCat: I meant Youtube was free for its viewers. Oh you also think Youtube asks to much for hosting? lol Well then, either the real world must terrify or you think youtube game celebs are so amazing they should be granted priviledges the rest of the world is not worthy of benefiting from. No wonder people donate them shit. Christ...

As for everything else, we are going around in circles. There is not much else to say that hasnt been said in at least three different ways by now.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@Thunderdrone:

@Thunderdrone said:

@SexyJazzCat: I meant Youtube was free for its viewers. Oh you also think Youtube asks to much for hosting? lol Well then, either the real world must terrify or you think youtube game celebs are so amazing they should be granted priviledges the rest of the world is not worthy of benefiting from. No wonder people donate them shit. Christ...

As for everything else, we are going around in circles. There is not much else to say that hasnt been said in at least three different ways by now.

Let me refrase that for you.

Youtube isn't free, they get a cut of the ad revenue. And publishers taking a cut is still far too much to ask for considering they are about 3 zeroes above the Let's Players pay grade.

Honestly, here are the facts. 1. What Nintendo is doing is very Legal. 2. What Let's Players do is free publicity, and pretty much 99% of publishers are on board. The problem here is Nintendo is missing something that 99% of publishers understand.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 Thunderdrone

@SexyJazzCat: I know Youtube maintenance costs. I know its not a "free" platform. What I meant was that Youtube CONSUMERS dont have to pay to have access to it, therefore bringing in a much, MUCH larger number of viewers that companies need to take into consideration when considering letting others bank on their properties for free.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 SexyJazzCat

@Thunderdrone: I would hope that they would absolutely enjoy getting their games exposed to millions and millions of people.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 iandizion713

@-God-: Why you still so vague God, your just like all the other haters, running away from the arguments.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531  Edited By iandizion713

@SexyJazzCat: Nothing is ever free. Their is always a cost, you just continue to ignore it.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@iandizion713: ...what are you talking about...

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 Thunderdrone

@SexyJazzCat said:

@Thunderdrone: I would hope that they would absolutely enjoy getting their games exposed to millions and millions of people.

We've been down that road. I know you see no downside on letting people bank on licensed stuff and by now I hope you at least understood the points I was making, even if for whatever reason you disagree.

Lets not bore ourselves by going in circles again.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534  Edited By iandizion713

@SexyJazzCat: We have spent hours and hours explaining to you the cost of "free advertizing" yet you continue to ignore it. You have no care for Nintendo or its rights as a creator, you think people have the right to act entitled to others full content and use it for profit without paying royalties.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 SexyJazzCat

@Thunderdrone: I understand the points you try to make. But there are factors that just convinces me otherwise. Like how Nintendo is alone on this stance. What I don't understand is how you completely disregard the value of a Let's players audience when it's quite clearly the cream of the crop.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@iandizion713: You've done no such thing. All you've said is companies are too scared, which is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537  Edited By iandizion713

@SexyJazzCat: Sorry mate, i cant help you no more. Im done debating. News just broke that Youtube is about to offer an Ad free subscription. Time to debate elsewhere. Enjoy.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 SexyJazzCat

@iandizion713: I'd hardly call what you were doing debating. More like just typing out words.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#539 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Looooooool, holy shit haha. I just decided to finally watch the video, couldn't make it past 3 and half minutes. Nintendos policies are outdated and jank, sure, but this dude is an obnoxious, self entitled little twat.

I can't argue for either side on this really. In one corner we have Nintendo, the archaic dumb ass. In the other we have Joe, the sniveling little bitch.

Hilarious.

He doesint make himself look any better when the system the fans got for him he wont cover now cause of this. It would be nice of him to still do nintendo vids just non profit ya know for the fans. Hell if he wants to still make money he can do vlogs for the games on the system since it wont be showing any gameplay footage.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540  Edited By Thunderdrone
@finalfantasy94 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Hilarious.

He doesint make himself look any better when the system the fans got for him he wont cover now cause of this. It would be nice of him to still do nintendo vids just non profit ya know for the fans. Hell if he wants to still make money he can do vlogs for the games on the system since it wont be showing any gameplay footage.

He can also monetize Nintendo reviews as it falls under fair use. But lets be honest, he is clearly far more interested in stirring up drama and throwing out sympathy bait by pretending to "stick it to the man"

He expected nintendo to take down his video in order to rant. They took his money instead. He got pissed so then HE took it down himself so they wouldnt "profit from his talent.", while quickly uploading the planned rant video while the iron was hot, with monetization turned on off course ;) ;) ;)

Fucking hilarious

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#541  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@iandizion713: can you cite specific examples and explain how those examples are spoiling Nintendo's image to such an extent that it should make Nintendo get in a hissy fit over it?

Nintendo is very protective of their image and their IPS. Why do you think they won't allow voice in their online games? They don't want some video of some kid shouting racial slurs and curses during a mario kart race and then it ends up on youtube. They have a very family friendly image that they must maintain.

Protective of their family image?

Right. Bayonetta dressed up like a Princess Peach hooker looks like proper family friendly maintenance if I've ever seen it.

But you're right, we can't have a few kids spouting off racial epithets here and there, we must forgo entire online standard features for years, in doing so depriving the fun to everyone else who would act like adults otherwise and would make their online game much more convenient and enjoyable to play......to protect their image, which they seem to be doing an upstanding job by choosing to release such games as Bayonetta 2 on their system.

Sorry man, I don't mean to come off as overly harsh or mocking to you or anything, it's just people aren't dumb, and they don't require to be patronized by big daddy Nintendo in everything they experience every minute they enter Nintendo's ecosystem by throwing their lawyers everywhere. People are very capable of making the distinction between a 12 year old acting 12 years old as being reflective of that individual's character/age and not associating it to the property of which they're partaking. Except perhaps when you see a g-string going up Bayonetta's ass crack a foot away from a Mario star, sanctioned by Nintendo themselves.

@iandizion713: I am asking you to provide example to support your point. I already know.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#542  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@SexyJazzCat: Whoa their mate, Cities sold well cause it was an epic game that got awesome reviews. Lets not go there. That game sold bout 500k copies on day 1. Word of mouth sold that game, not actors. Awesome games sell cause they are awesome. Saying a Youtuber is the reason a game sold well is false, what about all the games they rant and rave about that dont sell well?

How do you think word of mouth spread for Skylines?

I was in the Neogaf thread for weeks before that game hit, when the developers had given notable YTbers early copies for LPs. I cannot even begin to tell you how many people I saw building up until the game's release saying how after they watched LPs that it had convinced them to purchase the game, many of which admitted they held no prior interest (or even knowledge) of it beforehand.

There's no argument that LPs help sell games, the only debate to be had is to what extent. And 500k for a game in a few days, from a relatively unknown developer, that I personally didn't see one single ad on TV for nor didn't have any reviews until the day of release? You think that anticipation built in a day after people simply read reviews? No, that reception was the direct product of weeks and weeks of tension and excitement that built from LPs expressing enthusiasm. You are 100% deluding yourself if you don't believe that the various LPs that built up anticipation exploded into incredible sales when the game hit. It wasn't just reviews, people were convinced long before they even came out that it was a purchase.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@MirkoS77: people aren't dumb but angry parents who don't realize there are parental locks they can use sure are. When it shows up in the news that a kid was receiving porn on animal crossing nintendo gets the full brunt of it

(That actually happened btw)

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Da ****? Is 11 pages really needed for this? Nintendo's youtube policies are dumb as hell, and they need to modernize. Something that has been needed for a very long time now.

On the topic of YouTube; it can be a 'real job'. I see bunch of smartasses in here that obviously do not know how video production, or the Youtube monetization process works.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Nintendo youtube policies are just a plain bad idea. They can do what they want with their IP, sure but those policies are causing them more harm than good. All this bad press just to "protect their IP". If Nintendo want to keep ruining their brand even further then ok, what can we do?

About Joe, I enjoyed some of his videos but man he should have seen this coming... or maybe he did. Hmm.

Also, people hating on youtubers are just mad because they are less successul and earn less so let them hate. lol It's not that easy.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#546 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Bardock47 said:

Da ****? Is 11 pages really needed for this? Nintendo's youtube policies are dumb as hell, and they need to modernize. Something that has been needed for a very long time now.

On the topic of YouTube; it can be a 'real job'. I see bunch of smartasses in here that obviously do not know how video production, or the Youtube monetization process works.

not needed at all but sheep are gonna sheep.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@m_machine024 said:

Nintendo youtube policies are just a plain bad idea. They can do what they want with their IP, sure but those policies are causing them more harm than good. All this bad press just to "protect their IP". If Nintendo want to keep ruining their brand even further then ok, what can we do?

About Joe, I enjoyed some of his videos but man he should have seen this coming... or maybe he did. Hmm.

Also, people hating on youtubers are just mad because they are less successul and earn less so let them hate. lol It's not that easy.

He did see this coming since it happened before. Yet he did it again so he can just complain again and get some more views.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

@m_machine024 said:

He did see this coming since it happened before. Yet he did it again so he can just complain again and get some more views.

lol heh...... he needed to find material to be angry about. :P

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 SexyJazzCat

@finalfantasy94: Honestly im glad he did it. Keeps the controversy alive.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550  Edited By -God-

@Gue1 said:

@Bardock47 said:

not needed at all but sheep are gonna sheep.

The best part Joe called it. They're behaving par for the course.