nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

...for his SECOND and final Nintendo rant.

GS Link

AJ video here:

Again, let me make this PERFECTLY clear, what I think on this is NOT in defense of Nintendo's YT actions (I'm up in the air, really; besides, put my name aside, will ya? Don't see those with Star Wars usernames defend Disney and/or George Lucas) and I am a fan of Joe's review but he walked on this and should have known better after THIS previous rant he made on the company.

Sorry Joe, but in YOUR words "You dun fucked it up!"

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#2 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I don't necessarily support Nintendo on the whole Content Creator Program either, and I saw these videos in the Lounge when you posted them.

I don't know. He's just so whiny. It's especially bizarre after seeing both videos.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

He's mildy stupid for forgetting that he made this exact same rant before.

It still doesn't change the reality that Nintendo is an archaic joke who is completely ridiculous when it comes to how they handle modern media at this point. Youtube for them can be glorified free advertisement that they don't have to pay for, and their claim to "protecting our copyright" is some grade A bullshit that ignores that gaming is an interactive medium, you actually have to play it yourself for it to have some merit, watching it doesn't give you the same experience. Video games aren't like movies, they are more closer to checkers and connect four. So redundancy aside, his actual rant has plenty of merit to it, unless you know you're part of the National Association of Apologize for Nintendo's Bullshit.

But I am 100% confident the cry baby, cock sucking, cum guzzling, Nintendo apologists will continue to make an excuse for that out of touch company.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Zassimick said:

I don't necessarily support Nintendo on the whole Content Creator Program either, and I saw these videos in the Lounge when you posted them.

I don't know. He's just so whiny. It's especially bizarre after seeing both videos.

I was hoping I didn't make a thread on this, but the fact that Eddie Makuch helped make it bigger, that need just had to come.

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

God I can't stand this idiot. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo is still stuck in the 90's but Angry Joe has a tendency to make an ass out of himself, especially when he has the melt downs.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

My points are already in the comment section.

Regardless of anything, Nintendo's Content Creator Program is compelty and utter piece of steaming cow shit.

If that's how Nintendo wants to approach Youtube, then i can't side with them, regardless of AJ

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Maybe AJ will have to get a real job now.

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

@clyde46 said:

He'll probably start a Patreon before that happens.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zassimick  Moderator

@jg4xchamp: Free advertising is free advertising, but that doesn't mean that Nintendo or any company should just accept it.

They may not like the avenue that this "free advertising" is coming from, and they also can't control their message through someone like Angry Joe. What if Angry Joe hated on the game? In the case of Mario Party 10, it sounds like he was having a blast and it could have gotten some sales for the game. But if he's criticizing it to no end? Could potentially stop many from buying it, thus acting as a detriment. Sure, the video would increase awareness of said game, but I'm guessing Nintendo wants a more controlled strategy focused on sales. A

I'm not saying I support Nintendo's thought-process regarding their online practices, but I don't believe that Angry Joe is 100% in the right either by claiming he's doing a service by giving free publicity for Nintendo with his videos.

Apologies in advance for errors in the post, typing on my phone at work. :'(

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I may not agree with Joe on everything especially the social justice warrior shit, but he is correct that Nintendo are a bunch of pricks.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@clyde46: AJ makes good money at what he's doing....I'd say it's a real enough job.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

love his reviews but he has no place on gs.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jg4xchamp

@Zassimick said:

@jg4xchamp: Free advertising is free advertising, but that doesn't mean that Nintendo or any company should just accept it.

They may not like the avenue that this "free advertising" is coming from, and they also can't control their message through someone like Angry Joe. What if Angry Joe hated on the game? In the case of Mario Party 10, it sounds like he was having a blast and it could have gotten some sales for the game. But if he's criticizing it to no end? Could potentially stop many from buying it, thus acting as a detriment. Sure, the video would increase awareness of said game, but I'm guessing Nintendo wants a more controlled strategy focused on sales. A

I'm not saying I support Nintendo's thought-process regarding their online practices, but I don't believe that Angry Joe is 100% in the right either by claiming he's doing a service by giving free publicity for Nintendo with his videos.

The bold would fall under "criticism", which I think goes without saying where Nintendo would be in the wrong in that department as well.

Let's ignore the service part of it, there is more than enough evidence at this point that it's been more useful than harm to have your game being spoken about on youtube (especially if the game is good) without claiming copyright. He's full of shit when he says it's not about the money, because let's be real it's totally about the money. That said he's not wrong in saying how Nintendo handles this shit is out of touch and ridiculous.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

This is like the shit he pulled on Capcom on last December all over again. He got DMCA'ed because even though he had his own SFV footage the idiot monetized the video while playing footage straight from the Capcom Fighters channel. Later on Capcom caved in since Joe is so big now but he didn't even apologized and left the video unlisted, thus making everyone believe that the original video was never restored.

Now Joe gets DMCA'ed again but why? Because the idiot didn't follow Nintendo's program rules, so of-course the Mario Party stuff was going to be taken down... In fact, I was expecting it from the very moment I saw the video pop up in my subs section. Then Joe comes and makes another monetized rant video but notice the viewership count, it has more than most of his prior videos!

I love Angry Joe and everything but he's been doing some stupid stuff lately that feels a little bit too fishy.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@clyde46 said:

YouTube IS a real job. It's a form of self employment, and make no mistake, it takes a lot of time and effort to make videos; from recording, to editing, and sometimes even scripting. AJ has a lot of production in his reviews, with green screen and other visual effects he does. It's very comparable to the time and work people put into going into a store and punching a clock. Sure some videos are quick 10 minute blogs, but few videos are posted un-edited. With those that have had more thought put into them... I mean if you think these are all just 5 min worth of a handful of mouse clicks, you are deluding yourself.

More on topic, while all game developers have cause to defend their properties, there should still be compromise, some middle ground to be found in relation to community contributions. Just look at how some devs commission cosplayers as official spokesmen for their games, such as Ormeli as Elizabeth of Bioshock Infinite.

It's beneficial for studios and publishers to have better relations with their community, the very people who support their product and brand, and to give recognition in that support. And this really needs to be examined in context. It's not as though Joe (or any other blogger) makes some home-made game using someone else's property and tries to sell that knock off on the open market, like online. These videos are great publicity for game makers, but what YouTubers essentially do is pay tribute to the game makers... unless we're talking about a critical review, and let's hope that's a fair & honest one.

But for the most part, while legally actionable (on a technical level), it's still ethically questionable. Nintendo's actions are a slap in the face to their own supporters, a failure to recognize the value of community. Their backwards business model has to evolve or sooner or later they will suffer for it.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Zassimick said:

I think he's looking at it with a video by video basis.

This video was a positive show for Nintendo...so in this instance he feels he did nothing wrong or whatever. I think he's right in that regard.

But possibly having negative videos, I think, is EXACTLY why Nintendo wants to have a strangle hold on their content on youtube.

Avatar image for iknowwhatswrong
IKnowWhatsWrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IKnowWhatsWrong
Member since 2015 • 163 Posts

All of those youtube gamers are stupid to me.

Loading Video...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DEadliNE-Zero0

@iknowwhatswrong said:

Loading Video...

Ironic that Joe doesn't do any content like this.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zassimick  Moderator
@jg4xchamp said:
@Zassimick said:

They may not like the avenue that this "free advertising" is coming from, and they also can't control their message through someone like Angry Joe. What if Angry Joe hated on the game? In the case of Mario Party 10, it sounds like he was having a blast and it could have gotten some sales for the game. But if he's criticizing it to no end? Could potentially stop many from buying it, thus acting as a detriment. Sure, the video would increase awareness of said game, but I'm guessing Nintendo wants a more controlled strategy focused on sales.

The bold would fall under "criticism", which I think goes without saying where Nintendo would be in the wrong in that department as well.

Let's ignore the service part of it, there is more than enough evidence at this point that it's been more useful than harm to have your game being spoken about on youtube (especially if the game is good) without claiming copyright. He's full of shit when he says it's not about the money, because let's be real it's totally about the money. That said he's not wrong in saying how Nintendo handles this shit is out of touch and ridiculous.

Criticism would be different than controlling the message. Constructive criticism is good, and Nintendo should embrace that if they aren't because it would only make them better developers. But someone screaming at the camera about a stupid mechanic and how it's bullshit? Nintendo may not want to associate themselves with the cursing or the abrasive behavior that many Youtube personalities are known for. Even if there is more evidence that Youtube coverage is more useful than harmful, it doesn't mean Nintendo wants their brand and games associated with that type of personality.

I'll say again that I do not support Nintendo's practices with this and I agree that Nintendo needs to get their head out from their behinds and better support their community and their fans. But I can understand why Nintendo may be going about things the way they are, even if it's pretty shmeh overall.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

A SJW gets featured by a SJW Siverstring media aligned site. Who would of thought.........................

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zassimick  Moderator

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I think he's looking at it with a video by video basis.

This video was a positive show for Nintendo...so in this instance he feels he did nothing wrong or whatever. I think he's right in that regard.

But possibly having negative videos, I think, is EXACTLY why Nintendo wants to have a strangle hold on their content on youtube.

That's my thinking behind it, too. At least it's one reason. Is it right to be for it when it works in your favor but then cut ties when it is harmful to the sales of your game?

I feel like I'm showing support for the Content Creator Program by defending Nintendo even slightly. :P

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@extrodinare101 said:

God I can't stand this idiot. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo is still stuck in the 90's but Angry Joe has a tendency to make an ass out of himself, especially when he has the melt downs.

He's a Anita Sarkeesian supporter what did you expect......l.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55896 Posts

I already made my comments on his stupidity but the fact the matter is, he had it coming and this isn't the first time he done this, Mario Kart 8 got flagged and this fool didn't learn his mistakes and no, I ain't a Nintendo fan, I don't agree with there YouTube Bullshit policy but the matter is, just let it go Joe. He has a Twitch channel, use that Joe since Nintendo can't touch that one.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Don't see those with Star Wars usernames defend Disney and/or George Lucas)

This is the most trash comparison I have seen in recent memory. Because as we all know Starwars was owned by disney for decad- oh...

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Shielder7 said:
@extrodinare101 said:

he's always been very supportive of her right to do the shit she does without being harassed or threatened but he has never openly said that he supports her insanity. I mean, who would? Beside delusional sjw's of-course.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jg4xchamp

@Zassimick said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Criticism would be different than controlling the message. Constructive criticism is good, and Nintendo should embrace that if they aren't because it would only make them better developers. But someone screaming at the camera about a stupid mechanic and how it's bullshit? Nintendo may not want to associate themselves with the cursing or the abrasive behavior that many Youtube personalities are known for. Even if there is more evidence that Youtube coverage is more useful than harmful, it doesn't mean Nintendo wants their brand and games associated with that type of personality.

I'll say again that I do not support Nintendo's practices with this and I agree that Nintendo needs to get their head out from their behinds and better support their community and their fans. But I can understand why Nintendo may be going about things the way they are, even if it's pretty shmeh overall.

That's what a youtube video can be though, it is constructive criticism. Even review channels can't use footage of a Nintendo game without being flagged. Plus Nintendo doesn't and frankly shouldn't have a say on how something is critiqued in the first place. Plenty of those channels aren't abrasive or over exaggerated like Angry Joe, and Nintendo's policy is universal in this regard. They don't really have a leg to stand on beyond the part where YouTube/Google hasn't gone to bat for their channels yet, the day that actually happens, Nintendo would be in a bit of a rude awakening on this whole "copyright" stuff.

Nintendo likes to control the message. Nintendo likes to pick who they associate themselves with Youtube. All these reasons can sound fair all the want, but they would be stifling actual critical and quality channels (not just Joe) which is shit, and are being oblivious to an aspect of youtube that goes far beyond simply just posting a playthrough up and calling it a day.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

It's only ok when Nintendo does it anyway

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I'm sure Nintendo will miss all of the zero support he's given them over the years.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I'm sure Nintendo will miss all of the zero support he's given them over the years.

Wouldn't be a matter of the support he never gave before, but the support they aren't getting going forward.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bread_or_Decide

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Wouldn't be a matter of the support he never gave before, but the support they aren't getting going forward.

I doubt he was ever going to put up any videos. He staged this whole stunt. He knew they would take it down. I'm not buying it.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Lots of people get stuff taken down by YouTube or for copyright. Don't understand the hate that Nintendo gets for it.

As for Whiney Joe, he already has made the same crybaby video already. So he knows be can't make a video with Nintendo games. I hope they file a lawsuit this time.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

@extrodinare101 said:

Agreed. Fine, if people wanna give him hits. But he's just so acidic all the time, and frankly not very funny or insightful, I just can't get into it.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts
@iknowwhatswrong said:

Loading Video...

Best video by far done by Collegehumor, maybe they should continue doing gaming content instead of their ordinary lame content.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendoboy16

@roler42 said:

It's only ok when Nintendo does it anyway

Ugh... how many people are... you know what? **** it! I'm keeping my word after saying it too many times in the comments.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I rest my case

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I doubt he was ever going to put up any videos. He staged this whole stunt. He knew they would take it down. I'm not buying it.

Words of a shill though. Man, Nintendo don't giv a fvck about you!

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bread_or_Decide

@bobrossperm said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

And who does? Angry Joe? Youtube? Gamespot? Sony? Corporations?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#38 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Joe walked into a firing squad and complained that he got shot. I'm not a fan of his channel, or any of the 'angry' Youtube personalities. I'm really not a fan of Nintendo's policies toward content creators. However, Joe should have known what would happen after the first time or if he had been paying attention to the news.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1471 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I've always wondered what these video game reviewers are going to put on their Resume/CV.

"I made reviews about video games on youtube for 6 years." It doesn't exactly paint a good impression.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bread_or_Decide

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Joe walked into a firing squad and complained that he got shot. I'm not a fan of his channel, or any of the 'angry' Youtube personalities. I'm really not a fan of Nintendo's policies toward content creators. However, Joe should have known what would happen after the first time or if he had been paying attention to the news.

He staged it and now he got what he wanted. 600k views on a new video. And even coverage from mainstream game sites.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:

@bobrossperm said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

And who does? Angry Joe? Youtube? Gamespot? Sony? Corporations?

That isn't important. What is, is that Nintendo are being greedy here. It's not the way things are done no more. Sony and MS implamented share functions at the launch of these new consoles because it's actually free advertisement.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#42  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

He staged it and now he got what he wanted. 600k views on a new video. And even coverage from mainstream game sites.

Yup, he did. -_-

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Bread_or_Decide: Pretty sure Joe didn't expect this to get coverage. He's done angry rants about.......................everything since ever

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@moistcarrot said:

@clyde46 said:

I've always wondered what these video game reviewers are going to put on their Resume/CV.

"I made reviews about video games on youtube for 6 years." It doesn't exactly paint a good impression.

Depends on what job they want to apply for. A reviewers job say, here at GS then that would get them hired straight away.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3211 Posts

@iknowwhatswrong said:

Loading Video...

LOL man that was great.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Why Disney pays $$$$

Anyway they legally can so old news...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#47 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

It always makes me laugh when people think that making money from Youtube is easy. There are thousands of YT accounts with several videos and a lot of them don't even get 100 views. You really have to standout from rest of the crowd to get attention. People say it's easy should record their own video alone and watch it, and see if they don't laugh at themselves. No job is easy, everything requires passion and hardwork, one way or another.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Because judging his past of never supporting Nintendo I could extrapolate that 0% to blow up to a staggering.... 0%.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@extrodinare101 said:

You know, the funny thing is she would have remained an obscure youtuber if people didn't feel the need to constantly bring her up.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Nintendo's youtube program sucks but it's there IPs and Angry Joe knew about it beforehand.

So I am neutral on this.