And the next Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

source

Boooooyyaaaa !!!


*shots fired*

Even though it's a may be. .... it isn't a maybe.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (41914 posts) -

Everyone should already know this by now.

#3 Edited by SolidTy (45118 posts) -

I have an Xbone and a 360, so if I cared for TR, I would buy it Holiday 2015. Unfortunately, I've never been a fan. I wish Crystal Dynamics would work on a new IP or go back to Soul Reaver.

I think the Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, said this whole TR thing best today, tbh.

“We’re saying what we said on stage,” said Spencer. “In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. That’s the comment."

Who owns the IP is the name of the game. SE owns the IP. SE is 3rd party and 3rd parties want $$$.

---

Besides the game is cross generation, so it's being held back by the 360. That's more disappointing to me is that in Holiday 2015, we're still going to be playing last gen games on new machines.

The game is coming to 360 and Xbone first though, so there's that:

Developer Crystal Dynamics, Platform Xbox One, Xbox 360

#5 Posted by Soethi6 (131 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

I don't think it will come to PS4, but probably to PC.

Do we know when Microsoft secured this deal? Because it could be they were already working on all versions, and Microsoft only persuaded them last week...

This is what happens.

#6 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1020 posts) -

PS4 version will definitely run at 0 FPS and a nice black-screen filled with ads saying Buy our Indies.

TBH most of the Xbox fanboy dont mind PC getting some former Xbox exclusives.. PC and Xbox gamers are like a long distance family..

#8 Edited by delta3074 (18615 posts) -

Thats not any sort of confirmation,it's a very big maybe but ir ain't confirmation of anything, remember when they found drivers for Halo 3 on the PC?

#9 Posted by SolidTy (45118 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

I don't think it will come to PS4, but probably to PC.

Do we know when Microsoft secured this deal? Because it could be they were already working on all versions, and Microsoft only persuaded them last week...

It was reported a few months ago that retailers like Amazon had PS3, Xbone, PS4, PC and 360 versions listed for the next Tomb Raider game, but that was back in June.

Hands have been shook in dark alleys, gold briefcases have been passed around, and papers have been signed since those days though.

#10 Posted by delta3074 (18615 posts) -

http://www.gamechup.com/halo-3-pc-code-found-in-amd-catalyst-drivers/

#11 Posted by Heirren (18097 posts) -

Wasn't Titanfall originally a timed exclusive, though?

#13 Posted by quakeknight1991 (1135 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

And the TC is an insecure cow with a micro-penis. Oh wait, cows don't even have penises in the first place.

So in other words, since you are not capable of accepting the truth you resort to insults.

#14 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8286 posts) -

ROFL. This makes insecure cows feel better because it will eventually come to PC. Still aint coming to that hunk of shit PS4 for you to play on. (The whole reason you bought a console).

How fucking sad cows are these days.

Day one on The ONE.

#15 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

I will play it on my pc when it inevitably comes to it but i don't see the big deal. It's only timed. You can get it elsewhere in 2016

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (9970 posts) -

Rofflcopters!

When it comes to these exclusivity agreements, the developer and publisher is not allowed to say a thing about future plans until they have fulfilled their obligation. So, basically, this 100% confirms that the title is at least coming to PC at some point but MS and SE will not say a peep.

#17 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

And the TC is an insecure cow with a micro-penis. Oh wait, cows don't even have penises in the first place.

NO and fuck you too!

#18 Posted by Nanomage (2419 posts) -

Yeah well,it´s surely coming to the PC at some point,PS4 though? Unlikely.

#19 Posted by Shewgenja (9970 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

ROFL. This makes insecure cows feel better because it will eventually come to PC. Still aint coming to that hunk of shit PS4 for you to play on. (The whole reason you bought a console).

How fucking sad cows are these days.

Day one on The ONE.

I'm sure the whole reason people bought a PS4 was for Tomb Raider games. You nailed it. I'm selling my PS4 for an Xbone, in fact.

#20 Edited by 7MDMA (314 posts) -

PC is the silent winner in all these spats. PS pay for No Mans Sky not to come to X1 but it comes to PC. X1 pay for TR not to come to PS but it comes to PC. Funny shit. And PC has the kind of library that you're not exactly anxiously waiting for those games to drop at a later time.

#21 Posted by cainetao11 (18340 posts) -

Man this really rustled some people's huh?

#23 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5866 posts) -

Lemmings are upset.

All we need now is a confirmation that Silent Hills is PS4 exclusive at the Kojima Q&A and the lem's humiliation will be complete.

#24 Edited by SecretPolice (22703 posts) -

Everywhere ya look DC at maximum, too funny. :P

#25 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3886 posts) -

@7mdma said:

PC is the silent winner in all these spats. PS pay for No Mans Sky not to come to X1 but it comes to PC. X1 pay for TR not to come to PS but it comes to PC. Funny shit. And PC has the kind of library that you're not exactly anxiously waiting for those games to drop at a later time.

Exactly why PC is getting better. Don't forget Grim Fandango. Tons of games coming to the PS4 are already on PC like Planetside 2 and DayZ, and others got a PC version at release like Transistor.

With the xbox, MS will pull the "not on PS4" because they only care about selling the consoles. The majority of console gamers don't want a gamign rig, so MS letting it go to PC is fine with them. Same general move from Sony.

#26 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4806 posts) -

But what about PS4 .? I guess , now suddenly all of them will have High End PC to play it on max settings with Tress FX 3.0 .

Just kidding .

#27 Posted by speedfog (3326 posts) -

Was this list made before it was announced as a exclusive?

Also how long do you have to wait then? I sure want to play it on pc on the first place but I'm not going to wait for 3 years longer.

#28 Edited by Bigboi500 (30416 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Man this really rustled some people's huh?

Big time. TC is getting attacked left and right just for posting news!

#29 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

y no love for me?? I ain't a cow!

#30 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4806 posts) -
@quakeknight1991 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

And the TC is an insecure cow with a micro-penis. Oh wait, cows don't even have penises in the first place.

So in other words, since you are not capable of accepting the truth you resort to insults.

Not to mention , TC is a hermit . The way , he is attacked by people for delivering the news , is pathetic .

Some people take , this whole platform war thing too seriously . Gamers are strange .

#31 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8286 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

ROFL. This makes insecure cows feel better because it will eventually come to PC. Still aint coming to that hunk of shit PS4 for you to play on. (The whole reason you bought a console).

How fucking sad cows are these days.

Day one on The ONE.

I'm sure the whole reason people bought a PS4 was for Tomb Raider games. You nailed it. I'm selling my PS4 for an Xbone, in fact.

You missed my point. Most cows are trying to soften the blow by insisting it is multiplat. Your options are limited I am saying when it comes to solely relying on PS4 console exclusives.

#32 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Was hard to believe anyone thought it was really exclusive when it was announced as "launch exclusive."

#33 Posted by uninspiredcup (10058 posts) -

They should still be lampooned for being deliberately misleading assholes.

#34 Posted by musicalmac (23248 posts) -

I think the real news is that it's not announced for PS4, not that it may eventually come to the PC. It's unlikely that the majority of PS4 owners also have overwhelmingly powerful gaming PCs.

#35 Posted by intotheminx (768 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Man this really rustled some people's huh?

It's funny how people are saying, "I don't care about TR" and then proceed to type a paragraph bitching about MS getting the exclusive.

#36 Posted by cainetao11 (18340 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

I think the real news is that it's not announced for PS4, not that it may eventually come to the PC. It's unlikely that the majority of PS4 owners also have overwhelmingly powerful gaming PCs.

I know a few of the ones here say PC gaming is mostly average PCs, using a steam poll for proof. But when it comes to this game, they will all have great rigs when it gets released.

#37 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2761 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@musicalmac said:

I think the real news is that it's not announced for PS4, not that it may eventually come to the PC. It's unlikely that the majority of PS4 owners also have overwhelmingly powerful gaming PCs.

I know a few of the ones here say PC gaming is mostly average PCs, using a steam poll for proof. But when it comes to this game, they will all have great rigs when it gets released.

Yup, it's magic, son. I'm pretty sure El-Tomatoes have already got himself a PC with Tri SLI 780Ti and Core i7 Extreme with 32GB RAM after bullshiting how cheap PS4 is and how little difference is there between PC and PS$ is.

#38 Posted by tymeservesfate (2196 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

They should still be lampooned for being deliberately misleading assholes.

like Sony did with Destiny and the "exclusive" dlc nonsense?

#39 Posted by parkurtommo (27509 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

PC and Xbox gamers are like a long distance family..

No. I do not want to be associated to xbox fans, thank you.

#40 Edited by Shewgenja (9970 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

ROFL. This makes insecure cows feel better because it will eventually come to PC. Still aint coming to that hunk of shit PS4 for you to play on. (The whole reason you bought a console).

How fucking sad cows are these days.

Day one on The ONE.

I'm sure the whole reason people bought a PS4 was for Tomb Raider games. You nailed it. I'm selling my PS4 for an Xbone, in fact.

You missed my point. Most cows are trying to soften the blow by insisting it is multiplat. Your options are limited I am saying when it comes to solely relying on PS4 console exclusives.

That's a good point. Console-only Peasant Fanboy race for the loss. All day, every day. I might start calling them CPFs.

#41 Posted by charizard1605 (59624 posts) -

There is already a thread on Tomb Raider's Xbox exclusivity, you don't have to make a new thread every time we get a new bit of news, post any updates in there.

#42 Posted by musicalmac (23248 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@cainetao11 said:

I know a few of the ones here say PC gaming is mostly average PCs, using a steam poll for proof. But when it comes to this game, they will all have great rigs when it gets released.

Yup, it's magic, son. I'm pretty sure El-Tomatoes have already got himself a PC with Tri SLI 780Ti and Core i7 Extreme with 32GB RAM after bullshiting how cheap PS4 is and how little difference is there between PC and PS$ is.

SW is a magical place, man.