and Crash Bandicoot is back, 99% confirmed

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by bobbetybob (19180 posts) -

I'd laugh so hard if it had been bought by EA

#52 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

and now we can finally get what we all want: CRASH BASH 2: CRASH HARDER

Not sure if that was a joke or not considering Crash bash is awesome and there is not one game like it, but that had nothing to do with Sony, neither does this.

The most you guys can get is MAYBE an hd collection, but I am not sure if that violates the distribution terms not allowing changes to the program.

#53 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2405 posts) -

Can't wait for this rehash :D

#54 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Can't wait for this rehash :D

Another person who does not know what rehash means.

#55 Edited by blackace (20287 posts) -
#56 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Bowser says bring it

#57 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3879 posts) -

@blackace said:

It just means they killed the franchise. Doesn't mean another company has bought it. The franchise has been dead for a long time now. The game I bought was Crash Team Racing.

too many things happening for this to be nothing but maybe u right. i have 0 interest in buying it anyway so whatever

#59 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@blackace said:

It just means they killed the franchise. Doesn't mean another company has bought it. The franchise has been dead for a long time now. The last Crash game I bought was Crash Team Racing.

Don;t think the fact you have not brought a crash game since 1999 means somehow that the series is dead. Which last game was 2010.

#60 Edited by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

While I'm very hyped for another Crash, the series needs to undergo some changes in order to cope with the current standard, this is not 1990s anymore. Please don't leave it to Knack's team.

Give it back to Naughty Dog, it's in their logo after all.

#61 Posted by Chrome- (1662 posts) -

fuck yeah I love crash, dat nostalgia of playing crash bash with my mates.

anyway U4 and Crash = 1 more PS4 sold

#62 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

It wont be very good if Naughty Dog aren't making it. The Crash series begun experiencing a huge decline when Naughty Dog abandoned it in favour of the Jak games. Next gen Crash doesn't excite me at all in truth, even if it was taken back to its roots.

#63 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

While I'm very hyped for another Crash, the series needs to undergo some changes in order to cope with the current standard, this is not 1990s anymore. Please don't leave it to Knack's team.

Give it back to Naughty Dog, it's in their logo after all.

How many crash games have you played since 1998? Because no two are similar. (I guess you could debate Wrath of cortex on that but it's still quite a different game on many levels.)

#64 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Crash series begun experiencing a huge decline

Uh what?

#65 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9511 posts) -

But its Activision...

Its not SONY's IP anymore and it wont be made by Noughty Dog

#66 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

@blackace said:

It just means they killed the franchise. Doesn't mean another company has bought it. The franchise has been dead for a long time now. The last Crash game I bought was Crash Team Racing.

Good freaking game!

though i agree that was the last good one.

#67 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13426 posts) -

it'shappening.gif

Crash team racing was amazing. Played that game as a kid so much with friends, I liked it more than mario kart.

#68 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

The Domination has Won.

#69 Edited by CyberLips (1815 posts) -

Must.. control .. hype .. levels...

No. Fuck this, I'm not gonna be disappointed again.

#70 Edited by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

Crash was here during 2001-2008 as well and from what I recall most of those games sucked ass so my hopes are not high here.

#71 Posted by Bruin1986 (1232 posts) -

@Lucianu said:
@Zassimick said:

I'm very interested to see where this goes. The old format of Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3 would definitely feel dated, but something other than that could feel off.

No it wouldn't. Linear 3D platforming is a style, it's not a formula that suddenly became outdated.

They mearly need to do the style as good as in Crash Bandicoot 2,3 - varied level design, enemies, challenging gameplay, etc.

Not according to the vast majority of the internet...who of course I understand are idiots, but still.

"Linear" ANYTHING is considered bad. If a game is linear, it's not a design decision, but a lack of technical prowess or developer talent. At least according to the internet.

open world = good

linear = bad

just look at any game that's linear...a common "critique" will be "lol, teh linear" or "looks like a hallway fest", etc

the end

#72 Posted by Basinboy (11056 posts) -

Interesting. I'm down if ND is involved, but doubtful they're ever going to go back down that route.

#73 Edited by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot? PS4 exclusive? I'm in.

#74 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Doooods, I grew up on this and Spryo. Umma be 22 and buying crash bandicoot haha

#75 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@blackace said:

Good freaking game!

though i agree that was the last good one.

Then I guess you never played crash games after it to make such an insane statement.

#76 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -
@WadeFan said:

Doooods, I grew up on this and Spryo. Umma be 22 and buying crash bandicoot haha

Crash isn't mario, it was never a game for the younger younger crowd even if it was targeted. i can see the controllers flying at the TV (THIS IS OF COURSE excluding the titan and mind over mutant games.)

#77 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@PonchoTaco: "But cows hate kiddy rehashes."

Um false. We love some Ratchet and Clank. Don't be jellaaaayyyy

#78 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Like I said before... it's not gonna be as good as people want it to be.

#79 Posted by HAZE-Unit (10464 posts) -

I hope its true, Crash developed by Media Molecule or Sucker Punch could easily make a super awesome game out of it.

#80 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

Meh, i'm over it.

#81 Posted by PAL360 (26719 posts) -

I would prefer Jak and Daxter, but a new Crash is also good!

#82 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

Is 22 supposed to be old or something?

#83 Posted by Chutebox (36630 posts) -

Oohhhhh, thanks floppy

#84 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

original.jpg

Can't knock off the king.

#85 Edited by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

But cows hate kiddy rehashes.

No parent would allow their kids to play Crash Bandicoot one unless they want a controller thrown at their tv, and it seems you don't know what rehash means.

I used to play Crash when I was a wee lad.

Here's the definition of rehash.

noun: rehash; plural noun: rehashes; noun: re-hash; plural noun: re-hashesˈrēˌhaSH/

1. 1.a reuse of old ideas or material without significant change or improvement

This game is reviving an old franchise and will be a platformer. Cows are very ignorant.

#86 Posted by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

@WadeFan:

@WadeFan said:

@PonchoTaco: "But cows hate kiddy rehashes."

Um false. We love some Ratchet and Clank. Don't be jellaaaayyyy

Not at all jelly. I would love to play Crash again. I enjoy rehashes. Some games have timeless value.

#87 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

No parent would allow their kids to play Crash Bandicoot one unless they want a controller thrown at their tv, and it seems you don't know what rehash means.

noun: rehash; plural noun: rehashes; noun: re-hash; plural noun: re-hashesˈrēˌhaSH/

This game is reviving an old franchise and will be a platformer. Cows are very ignorant.

No crash game is alike with WOC being the only debatable game. You have never played a crash game have you?

#88 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24900 posts) -
#89 Posted by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

No crash game is alike with WOC being the only debatable game. You have never played a crash game have you?

What kid didn't play them? I feel bad for those who didn't.

#90 Posted by chocolate1325 (32462 posts) -

Hopefully we can see a good CRash game I mean the last one that was any good was 99.

#91 Posted by M1KES (749 posts) -

I'd laugh so hard if it had been bought by EA

I'd laugh even harder (then cry when i realized what happened) if it was microsoft that bought the franchise.

#92 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Ok scratch that, you haven't played any crash game since 1998

#93 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@treedoor said:

Hopefully Sony can surpass Knack.

enjoy watching ryse on xbone tomo. take care lem

Just like you're enjoying gaming on the PS4 instead of trolling in here,right?

Some people come to the forums because they enjoy the forums. I'm playing at the same time as being on here.

#94 Posted by chocolate1325 (32462 posts) -

I don't think that all of sudden people should be getting carried away going from point A to point B in some platformers ain't enough espically 3D ones. I mean the original PS1 games were great but you can't just use those ideas again and expect it to please people the series needs to evlove and get a new lick of paint.

#95 Posted by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Indeed I have.

#96 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

Is 22 supposed to be old or something?

I mean, for this board, I figured it was lol. Seems like most people on here are 15

#97 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Indeed I have.

That's a BS statement if you use the word rehash.

#98 Edited by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Indeed I have.

Or it could be an opinion. Ouch!

#99 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Indeed I have.

Or it could be an opinion. Ouch!

You can't say that GTA V is a rehash of Pac-man as an opinion which is ALMOST the level of absurdness you are reaching.

#100 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9523 posts) -

God, I hope so.

And I mean the real return of Crash. No Crash Twinsanity or Crash of the Titans bullshit.