@slim70 said:

I definitely see this happening for several reasons:

(1) the X1 has almost three times the full retail exclusives as the PS4

(2) the X1 has the most new IP's with more to be announced at E3

(3) XBL offers a more stable and reliable online infrastructure

(4) a cheaper Kinectless sku matching the PS4's price point

(5) apps are no longer behind a pay-wall

(6) Games for Gold now significantly improved to match the value of PS+

(7) the X1 will be launching in 33 more countries in September which will help significantly in closing the sales gap with the PS4.

Because of Microsoft's strong commitment to creating games for the X1 (and Sony's woeful financial situation) I strongly believe that reasons 1 & 2 will continue throughout the X1 lifecycle.

1) No one is buying these consoles for the current exclusives, there's barely a title over 80 on MC, the X1 couldn't outsell the PS4 with it's biggest title yet. This early in the gen you're buying on potential or the higher quality multiplats. Also it doesn't have 3x as many full retail exclusives, it's 6 vs 3 and that's being generous including the two awful Kinect titles. MS hasn't released an exclusive in months.

2) See above, MS also haven't put out a significant exclusive new IP for more than 5 years.

3) PSN and XBL are pretty level these days, the Xbox has lost this as a selling point.

4) Might help a bit but the Titanfall bundle offered the same value and still didn't overtake the PS4.

5) This isn't going to sell consoles.

6) Lol i'll believe it when i see it since i've been told this for months.

7) This isn't even relative to the prediction, notice US in the thread title? Anyway it won't help much, there's a reason MS didn't launch in these regions as the Xbox brand is non-existent there. If it can't outsell the PS4 in it's strongest territory then it's got no chance elsewhere. It might get a nice little boost from the initial release but it's not going to close that monthly deficit. The gap will return to being widened after a month.

Youre already wrong at #1. 4 out of my 5 Xbox One games are MS exclusives..The only Multi Plat I own is NBA 2K14.

Killer Instinct

Forza 5

RYSE

Titanfall

#102 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152241 posts) -

I think MS should be happy for the units sold. Very simple analysis as to why it's "thought' MS isn't doing well this year. Here are some other problems that may have turned off consumers....RROD, lack of support game at the end of the 360 era, pay wall.....the buzz for MS just isn't the same. They are selling consoles....that's all they can expect. Cost is only one area of decision making.

#103 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152241 posts) -

@ominous_titan said:

I'm a realist. I realize Sony is broke, 1st party games require cash upfront which they do not have. Psnow will be a flop, they'd be better off making an app they can sell that makes the ps4 backwards compatible. It will be Xmas 2015 before a decent 1st party Sony game is released. Remakes of games like last of us reeks of desperation. Naughty dog is not the same company they once we're hence the exodus of its staff, they obviously know something we don't. If the order 1886 was an xbox game cows would criticize everything about it because it deserves it ,the entire premise is stupid and doesn't look entertaining at all and I suspect there will be a lot of fog in the game to act as cover up for its flaws but cows will claim "teh atmosphere. "It comes down to the one thing in business that is God and that is money. Whoever ends up buying the play station brand may be able to untap it's potential, Sony won't be in existence 4 years from now.

You have no clue how business works....do you? LOL

#104 Posted by Draign (880 posts) -

IF MS announces backwards compatibility in the near future...Nah, they couldnt do that.

#105 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152241 posts) -

@jsolidus said:

M$ is certainly making the right moves and i expect them to have a few surprises at e3, im betting another halo, boring to me but lems will eat it up, but sony has been sitting on its a$$ and they're still selling more..M$ has been throwing in free games, price drops and retailers as well as added to the price drop and still the ps4 has sold more. We won't know anything until M$ releases preorder numbers for x1, if they are high they will say something or june npd.

Halo fans/lems are the early adopters. They might sell some consoles when it releases but it's not going to be a huge increase. Honestly the general public is not the same as those hanging around game forums.

#106 Edited by hoosier7 (3943 posts) -

@draign said:

@hoosier7 said:

1) No one is buying these consoles for the current exclusives, there's barely a title over 80 on MC, the X1 couldn't outsell the PS4 with it's biggest title yet. This early in the gen you're buying on potential or the higher quality multiplats. Also it doesn't have 3x as many full retail exclusives, it's 6 vs 3 and that's being generous including the two awful Kinect titles. MS hasn't released an exclusive in months.

2) See above, MS also haven't put out a significant exclusive new IP for more than 5 years.

3) PSN and XBL are pretty level these days, the Xbox has lost this as a selling point.

4) Might help a bit but the Titanfall bundle offered the same value and still didn't overtake the PS4.

7) This isn't even relative to the prediction, notice US in the thread title? Anyway it won't help much, there's a reason MS didn't launch in these regions as the Xbox brand is non-existent there. If it can't outsell the PS4 in it's strongest territory then it's got no chance elsewhere. It might get a nice little boost from the initial release but it's not going to close that monthly deficit. The gap will return to being widened after a month.

Youre already wrong at #1. 4 out of my 5 Xbox One games are MS exclusives..The only Multi Plat I own is NBA 2K14.

Killer Instinct

Forza 5

RYSE

Titanfall

That's nice but the point remains, there's no system sellers out yet.

#107 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152241 posts) -

@draign said:

@hoosier7 said:

@slim70 said:

(7) the X1 will be launching in 33 more countries in September which will help significantly in closing the sales gap with the PS4.

Because of Microsoft's strong commitment to creating games for the X1 (and Sony's woeful financial situation) I strongly believe that reasons 1 & 2 will continue throughout the X1 lifecycle.

Killer Instinct

Forza 5

RYSE

Titanfall

You should read his answer a little better dude....

#108 Posted by musicalmac (23500 posts) -

I find this compelling because at this juncture it seems so outrageous to imagine.

I hope it comes true.

#109 Posted by misterpmedia (4313 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

I find this compelling because at this juncture it seems so outrageous to imagine.

I hope it comes true.

I agree actually, NPD will get boring if you always know the PS4 is going to come out on top. Less melt downs as expectations will be in check = less funny NPD threads.

#110 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@musicalmac said:

I hope it comes true.

I agree actually, NPD will get boring if you always know the PS4 is going to come out on top. Less melt downs as expectations will be in check = less funny NPD threads.

Agreed, lol.

#111 Edited by misterpmedia (4313 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@musicalmac said:

I hope it comes true.

Agreed, lol.

I'm glad. For the future of funny NPD threads xbone has to gain at least one NPD. Bashing an already beaten down lem is less satisfying than bashing a lem filled with misplaced hope.

#112 Edited by blackace (21311 posts) -

@draign said:

IF MS announces backwards compatibility in the near future...Nah, they couldnt do that.

There are already rumors that they have a 360 software emulation running on the XB1 and it might be unleashed at the E3. We'll see. That would be a huge advantage over PS4 PSNow steaming crap. There is obviously a LOT of big news M$ will share at the E3. Seriously, the $399 SKU, Paywall being dropped, Sunset Overdrive being shown & GwG game announcements were all BIG news that is usually saved for E3. This means there are bigger news coming then this stuff.

#113 Edited by xX0LDSCH00LXx (1409 posts) -

@draign said:

@hoosier7 said:

@slim70 said:

Killer Instinct

Forza 5

RYSE

Titanfall

Just ignore that bonehead you'll get nowhere Sony>>>>>anything to him no matter what. lol

#114 Edited by MonsieurX (31524 posts) -

@draign said:

@hoosier7 said:

@slim70 said:

Killer Instinct

Forza 5

RYSE

Titanfall

Killer Instinct isn't a "full retail exclusive" and Titanfall isn't exclusive

That leaves 2 exclusive games

#115 Posted by hoosier7 (3943 posts) -

@xX0LDSCH00LXx said:

@draign said:

@hoosier7 said:

Killer Instinct

Forza 5

RYSE

Titanfall

Just ignore that bonehead you'll get nowhere Sony>>>>>anything to him no matter what. lol

I disagreed with what he's said so pointed it out, can you point out something unreasonable or fanboyish from that?

#116 Posted by jsmoke03 (13107 posts) -

maybe. halo just got delayed to 2015 so maybe in 2015 when halo drops..but not by january 2015. there are still too many fanboys that havent bought the system