I definitely see this happening for several reasons:
(1) the X1 has almost three times the full retail exclusives as the PS4
(2) the X1 has the most new IP's with more to be announced at E3
(3) XBL offers a more stable and reliable online infrastructure
(4) a cheaper Kinectless sku matching the PS4's price point
(5) apps are no longer behind a pay-wall
(6) Games for Gold now significantly improved to match the value of PS+
(7) the X1 will be launching in 33 more countries in September which will help significantly in closing the sales gap with the PS4.
Because of Microsoft's strong commitment to creating games for the X1 (and Sony's woeful financial situation) I strongly believe that reasons 1 & 2 will continue throughout the X1 lifecycle.
1) No one is buying these consoles for the current exclusives, there's barely a title over 80 on MC, the X1 couldn't outsell the PS4 with it's biggest title yet. This early in the gen you're buying on potential or the higher quality multiplats. Also it doesn't have 3x as many full retail exclusives, it's 6 vs 3 and that's being generous including the two awful Kinect titles. MS hasn't released an exclusive in months.
2) See above, MS also haven't put out a significant exclusive new IP for more than 5 years.
3) PSN and XBL are pretty level these days, the Xbox has lost this as a selling point.
4) Might help a bit but the Titanfall bundle offered the same value and still didn't overtake the PS4.
5) This isn't going to sell consoles.
6) Lol i'll believe it when i see it since i've been told this for months.
7) This isn't even relative to the prediction, notice US in the thread title? Anyway it won't help much, there's a reason MS didn't launch in these regions as the Xbox brand is non-existent there. If it can't outsell the PS4 in it's strongest territory then it's got no chance elsewhere. It might get a nice little boost from the initial release but it's not going to close that monthly deficit. The gap will return to being widened after a month.
Youre already wrong at #1. 4 out of my 5 Xbox One games are MS exclusives..The only Multi Plat I own is NBA 2K14.