Analyst: Xbox One Will Overtake PS4 in US by 2015

#51 Edited by SambaLele (5543 posts) -

All we know right now is how much it sold with a $399 price tag while bundled with Titanfall...

#52 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (3053 posts) -

Honestly with all the things that have happened with the xbox brand IMO you should avoid the x1. Even at the same price the ps4 is a better deal.

#53 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

I don't see this analyst's prediction coming true. I think XBone will win a few NPDs but I don't see it beating PS4 in the US overall. PS4 is too much on a roll.

#54 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11644 posts) -

@SambaLele: it was 499 with some retailers offering a 50 dollar discount.

#55 Posted by tormentos (20166 posts) -

@lostrib said:
@tormentos said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Any prediction pachter makes=Piece of shit

Any other analyst= It may just happen.

It's not Pachter.

Is IDC which is worse they failed big time with last gen prediction..

...I don't remember you criticizing them when they predicted the PS4 would lead with 51 million sales

But you didn't see me riding their prediction either,is not hard to predict sony will win they are scorching MS..

Funny enough wheren't you on the other side on the wall.?

@blackace said:

@charizard1605: Don't know if that will be the case or not, but I'd like to see the June NPD numbers in July.

lol...

Didn't you already say that about March NPD as well.?

#56 Edited by jsolidus (169 posts) -

M$ is certainly making the right moves and i expect them to have a few surprises at e3, im betting another halo, boring to me but lems will eat it up, but sony has been sitting on its a$$ and they're still selling more..M$ has been throwing in free games, price drops and retailers as well as added to the price drop and still the ps4 has sold more. We won't know anything until M$ releases preorder numbers for x1, if they are high they will say something or june npd.

#57 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2335 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

@GoldenElementXL: what does ps4 do better or different than xbox1 now that they are same price? If u say it's got better hardware I'd say not enough to make 99% of people who buy consoles notice or care. It will have all the big name games and be the same price.

Many people have the perception of "xbox one is a joke". But it's soooo early that anything could happen, the fact is that the PS4 still doesn't have a killer app yet. And xbox always has a shit load of commercials at the right time.

#58 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

It won't but the idea people are putting that the offered bundles were better than the $400 price are flawed at best. $400 on paper is just always going to look superior in the consumers eyes to $450 + x, y & z. Gives the consumer more flexibility to buy what they want as well. I can get a $400 X1 and more games I want for the saved $50 than a bundle. That's the point. Lower price>>>>Bundles

#59 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

All Sony PR would have to do is continue the 1080p "experience (insert game here) in a way that only PS4 can provide" campaign they have used to this point. Multiplats sell better than exclusives on both consoles. So why wouldn't the average consumer buy the console that plays multiplat titles the best?

Why didn't the original Xbox outsell the PS2? Because the power of the hardware is largely irrelevant to the vast majority of people who play video games. It matters on SW, in the real world people just want the standard features and the ability to play games. That's about it.

#60 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (3053 posts) -

I can't tell the future but based on what I have seen I call bullshit. Seems like MS is at least 2 steps behind Sony this gen on almost every area. Sony does something MS does another thing then they do a 180 and do what Sony did. Next the xflop is going to have VR and a streaming service also. MS now is into indies and drops the paywall plus upgrades the games with gold to include the x180. They even dropped the spycam that they said the system needed. What is next are they going to drop the stupid TV platform.

I honestly am just LOL at the clusterfuck xbots have gotten into and the next gen just started. Even at the same price the ps4 is still clearly the stronger console with more 1st party games. Right there multiplats are better the bulk of the games and exclusives Sony wins that by a landslide. So even at the same price I doubt the xflop can pass the ps4.

#61 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

by 2015?

hmmm. well the end of 2015 is a long way away, anything could happen.

still, if i had to make a wager, i'd wager mr billy pigeon's prediction does not come true.

#62 Edited by lostrib (42704 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:
@tormentos said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Any prediction pachter makes=Piece of shit

Any other analyst= It may just happen.

It's not Pachter.

Is IDC which is worse they failed big time with last gen prediction..

...I don't remember you criticizing them when they predicted the PS4 would lead with 51 million sales

But you didn't see me riding their prediction either,is not hard to predict sony will win they are scorching MS..

Funny enough wheren't you on the other side on the wall.?

What wall? I definitely criticized the use of IDC numbers. Just ask @clr84651

#63 Posted by Kjranu (1283 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

"This change will be enough to push the Xbox One installed base higher than PS4 in the U.S. and Canada in 2015 rather than 2016. It kind of reminds me of Microsoft's evolution on Windows and IE. The initial design needs some serious help (i.e., last summer's DRM 'Xbox 180') and then improves to point of being a serious contender (this Kinect unbundling) and then vies for market share dominance (although I continue to believe PS4 will have the largest global installed base of any console at the end of 2016)," he explained.

Independent analyst Billy Pidgeon added, "This is a good competitive move for Microsoft. Price is an important factor at this point in the console cycle and in the consumer market, and Kinect lacks strong value for most gamers. Xbox One without Kinect should sell strongly at $399 and could out-perform PS4 at the same price on a month to month basis, although I think market share competition between Xbox One and PS4 will remain tight for most of the cycle."

Furthermore, unbundling the camera gives Microsoft more room to maneuver and stay competitive with Sony. "With two SKUs in the market, Microsoft has reverted to its Xbox 360 strategy. This gives the company some better flexibility with pricing, bundling and product positioning. Microsoft has already described the Xbox One with Kinect as the premium offering," Harding-Rolls noted.

Ultimately, the move sets the stage for an even more heated battle at E3 and the months ahead in 2014. "Sony will need to re-group to maintain its momentum in the market with the E3 press events taking on even more significance for both companies now," Harding-Rolls added.

SOURCE

That might actually just happen, although I do think the US is the only place where the Xbox One will eventually manage to outsell the PS4.

Let me guess the response by Sony: bundle PS4 and PS Eye and sell it for $450 alongside standard $399 SKU (or a price drop to $349?). Xbox revolution dies before it even gets off the ground.

#64 Edited by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:
@tormentos said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Any prediction pachter makes=Piece of shit

Any other analyst= It may just happen.

It's not Pachter.

Is IDC which is worse they failed big time with last gen prediction..

...I don't remember you criticizing them when they predicted the PS4 would lead with 51 million sales

But you didn't see me riding their prediction either,is not hard to predict sony will win they are scorching MS..

Funny enough wheren't you on the other side on the wall.?

What wall? I definitely criticized the use of IDC numbers. Just ask @clr84651

He criticizes everything & everyone that don't fall into his line of thinking. He rides anyone that posts anything that he doesn't agree with 100%.

Even when you explain what your topic is & your sources. He'll ride you and tear you down like the mother F'n Dick he is.

Now don't reference me to anyone or reply to anything I say agian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#65 Posted by lostrib (42704 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

But you didn't see me riding their prediction either,is not hard to predict sony will win they are scorching MS..

Funny enough wheren't you on the other side on the wall.?

What wall? I definitely criticized the use of IDC numbers. Just ask @clr84651

He criticizes everything & everyone that don't fall into his line of thinking. He rides anyone that posts anything that he doesn't agree with 100%.

Even when you explain what your topic is & your sources. He'll ride you and tear you down like the mother F'n Dick he is.

I knew I could count on you for support

#66 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Halo and the only next gen console that runs CoD properly is all xbox one needs.

#67 Posted by lostrib (42704 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

Now don't reference me to anyone or reply to anything I say agian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or what?

#68 Posted by tormentos (20166 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

But you didn't see me riding their prediction either,is not hard to predict sony will win they are scorching MS..

Funny enough wheren't you on the other side on the wall.?

What wall? I definitely criticized the use of IDC numbers. Just ask @clr84651

He criticizes everything & everyone that don't fall into his line of thinking. He rides anyone that posts anything that he doesn't agree with 100%.

Even when you explain what your topic is & your sources. He'll ride you and tear you down like the mother F'n Dick he is.

I knew I could count on you for support

Well isn't that what all people do here all days @clr84651.?

If i agree in everything with every one what the fu** would i do here buffoon.?

See you don't agree with me so you criticize me,how is that different from my line of thinking.?

And losrib we all know you are a soulless 1 phrase troll.

#69 Edited by lostrib (42704 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

But you didn't see me riding their prediction either,is not hard to predict sony will win they are scorching MS..

Funny enough wheren't you on the other side on the wall.?

What wall? I definitely criticized the use of IDC numbers. Just ask @clr84651

He criticizes everything & everyone that don't fall into his line of thinking. He rides anyone that posts anything that he doesn't agree with 100%.

Even when you explain what your topic is & your sources. He'll ride you and tear you down like the mother F'n Dick he is.

I knew I could count on you for support

Well isn't that what all people do here all days @clr84651.?

If i agree in everything with every one what the fu** would i do here buffoon.?

See you don't agree with me so you criticize me,how is that different from my line of thinking.?

And losrib we all know you are a soulless 1 phrase troll.

Sorry, I can't take it seriously when you call people trolls

#70 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

Won't happen. There were better deals on Xbone last month. It was $399 with Titanfall and Kinect at some retailers, $449 with Titanfall, Kinect and a year of gold at others and it was a minimum $449 everywhere with your choice of Titanfall or Forza. All PS4 needed was Infamous Second Son and 1080p Metal Gear to outsell it by 60k in the US. The gap will only get bigger from here on out and Xbone might not win a single NPD in its lifetime against PS4. Its only chance will be when the next Halo comes out.

#71 Posted by hehe101 (637 posts) -

It's possible but I doubt it... Microsofts launch was to messy and Sony got a strong lead

#72 Edited by Riverwolf007 (24187 posts) -

that's not going to happen.

#73 Edited by MBirdy88 (9007 posts) -

The damage is already done.... Xbox360 only owned US and UK.... and its lost the UK.

More people own playstations, those around them will now buy playstations to play with them.... its far too late.

#74 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

But you didn't see me riding their prediction either,is not hard to predict sony will win they are scorching MS..

Funny enough wheren't you on the other side on the wall.?

What wall? I definitely criticized the use of IDC numbers. Just ask @clr84651

He criticizes everything & everyone that don't fall into his line of thinking. He rides anyone that posts anything that he doesn't agree with 100%.

Even when you explain what your topic is & your sources. He'll ride you and tear you down like the mother F'n Dick he is.

I knew I could count on you for support

Well isn't that what all people do here all days @clr84651.?

If i agree in everything with every one what the fu** would i do here buffoon.?

See you don't agree with me so you criticize me,how is that different from my line of thinking.?

And losrib we all know you are a soulless 1 phrase troll.

I don't know what I may have said that you are referring to. Lostrib is the only one I am talking about. I wasn't saying anything about anything you said.

#75 Edited by lostrib (42704 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

He criticizes everything & everyone that don't fall into his line of thinking. He rides anyone that posts anything that he doesn't agree with 100%.

Even when you explain what your topic is & your sources. He'll ride you and tear you down like the mother F'n Dick he is.

I knew I could count on you for support

Well isn't that what all people do here all days @clr84651.?

If i agree in everything with every one what the fu** would i do here buffoon.?

See you don't agree with me so you criticize me,how is that different from my line of thinking.?

And losrib we all know you are a soulless 1 phrase troll.

I don't know what I may have said that you are referring to. Lostrib is the only one I am talking about. I wasn't saying anything about anything you said.

#76 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

@hehe101 said:

It's possible but I doubt it... Microsofts launch was to messy and Sony got a strong lead

MS couldn't beat Sony when it had a year's headstart & was priced $200 less for 3 years. So how in the world could anyone think starting at the same time and making a mess of their launch, not having a timed advantage, & no price advantage that MS could win this gen?

It's not impossible, but there's just no way to have any rationalization as to why MS would win this gen.

#77 Edited by kunal_anand50 (86 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I'm leaning toward getting an X1. I can't think of any must have games Sony will have down the line that demand me getting a PS4, except for maybe Persona, and given the history of the Persona games I figure the first Persona game on the PS4 will arrive probably a year after the PS5 launches, so I got time.

Anyhow, the last few weeks the X1 has steadily been outselling the PS4 in North America on a week by week basis, according to "LOL VG Chartz". The PS4 lead in the area isn't that huge, if it continues to outsell the PS4 then the regional totals could possibly be surpassed by the end of next Christmas. Right now the difference is only 350K consoles in North America.

Don't take their weekly numbers seriously. They have been showing increased numbers for xbox one for a while now. According to their numbers, xbox should have sold 50-60k more than ps4 in USA in march but it was the opposite.

#78 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Not going to happen.

It will be neck and neck though, although the PS4 should remain slightly in front.

#79 Posted by KingsofQueens (2246 posts) -

It's a possibility, but I highly doubt it will. Most likely a neck and neck scenario, but with Sony leading the overall pack.

Sony's left hook punch at last year's E3 and Feb 20th reveal is just far too much of a blow. It comes down to games really and how much MS is willing to dish out quality must haves against Sony.

#80 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (9520 posts) -

I'm curious to see how this will affect sales in Canada once the Kinectless bundle is out since the PS4 is currently priced at $449.

#81 Edited by Gue1 (11370 posts) -

NA will not save the xbone from second maybe third place anyway. Right now the 360 has a 10 million lead over the PS3 on America but sony's console still ahead on total sales with a year head-start.

#82 Posted by always_explicit (3097 posts) -

This new price point should really help shift consoles. I love that Cows think 1080p actually means anything to your average consumer. On paper the X1 has more features...its features games and price that shift units. Not pixels.

Oh yeah that reminds me. The PS4 really needs to step it up at E3 in terms of software on offer in the short term. Im really much more open to the idea of getting a PS4 this gen but as of yet the offerings just seem lackluster.,

#84 Posted by Sagemode87 (1203 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn: I've seen people call other consoles PlayStation as well. You make it sound like PlayStation is a new player. Are you forgetting PlayStation has been around longer than Xbox? And actually has consoles that sold over 100 million.

#85 Edited by Sagemode87 (1203 posts) -

@donalbane: PS3 sold well despite some bad multiplats because the brand sells well internationally, doubt Xbox has that luxury.

#86 Edited by SullysMustache (11 posts) -

This time last year, analysts also predicted that the xbox one would be out selling the PS4, based on the 360 out selling the PS3 the previous gen, and we all see how thats turning out to be lol

PS4 currently out selling xbone 2 to 1 as PS4 demand remains sky high, while demand for xbone has fallen off a cliff and stagnated

If you had to put a percentage on how many times analysts have been wrong, that number would be at about 99.9% Analysts who are pro-Microsoft are wrong about 99% of the time.

November was supposed to be the break out month for the xbone. "The month the xbone would finally start to out sell the PS4." "TitanFall." Thats all you heard on the internet. The millions of unwanted xbones that had been sitting on shelfes unsold were now being sold at discounted prices. That was supposed to get people to finally start buying xbones remember. In fact, xbones were selling for less money in March, with all the discounts, compared to what they cost now with the "offical price drop," and YET PS4 STILL out sold the xbone that month in the USA. LOL fail. A price drop has already proven to do nothing for the xbone. A heavily marketed game like TitanFall proved to do nothing for the xbone. Microsoft went all out and STILL could not touch the PS4 in sales lol

Im going to debunk another misconception..

You always hear "bu bu Microsoft's marketing"

Fact is todays eduacted consumer simply knows that the PS4 is significantly more powerful.

PS4 and xbone may now be the same price but todays eduacted consumer knows that for the same price the PS4 offers way more power, gaming features, and value

PS4 is simply the better GAMING product. Its what people want. Its what people are buying. Nothing will change that. No xbone price drops. No sleezy Microsoft marketing, PR or FUD. No heavily marketed Microsoft exclusives etc

Its time to face the reality, there is NOTHING stopping the PS4 frieght trane. Its a cultural phenomenon and continues to break all time sales records. All the good will that has been built up for the PS4 has become monster momentum too and that isnt changing no matter what. In the average consumers mind its already become "PS4=the good console, the best console etc" which is all true...PS4 is genuinely the vastly superior product. Thats the only way to make that work. Now its word of mouth. That lasts.

By comparison, you have to realise, the majority of casual buyers still have a bad taste in their mouths from Microsoft's attempted first degree murder of consumer's rights with their xbone DRM/always online schemes. People will NEVER FORGET or forgive Microsoft....many still dont even know Microsoft 180d. And there is still all the NEGATIVE stigma attached to the xbone for being under powered, focusing too much on TV, and for Microsoft being involved with the NSA....all that is not going to go away any time soon....in the real world the xbone is widley considered a joke....Its becoming taboo and negative to even buy an xbone in America.

The xbone isnt going to sell consistently anymore period.

The PS4 on its own is a juggernaut breaking all time sales records. So forget about it. There is no way in reality the xbone is ever catching up to the PS4 in America or world wide

#87 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

This is probably the same analyst that thought Year of Luigi would save the Wii U

#88 Posted by skektek (5612 posts) -

"It kind of reminds me of Microsoft's evolution on Windows and IE. The initial design needs some serious help and then improves to point of being a serious contender and then vies for market share dominance"

Well, that just discredited everything thing he said. IE is universally judged as complete shit (except the most recent iterations). The bundling of IE with Windows is what thrust IE into market dominance, not improvements in quality (this is also what invoked the wrath of the United States Department of Justice). Microsoft doesn't have the lock-in card to play. Gamers are a fickle bunch, they change their allegiances regularly, just ask Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and pretty much any player who has been in the industry.

#89 Edited by Sagemode87 (1203 posts) -

This is based on nothing but 360s success in America. It's gonna come down to the games. We don't know what exclusives will be announced. X1 doesn't have a year head start or any advantages this time around.

#90 Posted by Heirren (18921 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Any prediction pachter makes=Piece of shit

Any other analyst= It may just happen.

People PAY this man. He is not stupid, in the slightest. Most of his predictions make a lot of sense. The gist of his prediction is the curve of MS attempting to cater more to what gamers actually want--which is ridding the industry of a lot of the negative corporate control. Whether or not this is what ms is doing is still up in the air, but what has been happening certainly seems to lean in that favor.

#91 Edited by Heil68 (47153 posts) -

It could very well. I own both consoles, so as long as they both get great exclusives, I'll be happy.

#92 Posted by hehe101 (637 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@hehe101 said:

It's possible but I doubt it... Microsofts launch was to messy and Sony got a strong lead

MS couldn't beat Sony when it had a year's headstart & was priced $200 less for 3 years. So how in the world could anyone think starting at the same time and making a mess of their launch, not having a timed advantage, & no price advantage that MS could win this gen?

It's not impossible, but there's just no way to have any rationalization as to why MS would win this gen.

Well considering how bad Microsofts launch was Sony are not that far ahead in reality Microsoft should of sold like 3M but they're fixing their issues and still gaining sales.

#93 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

@hehe101 said:

@clr84651 said:

@hehe101 said:

It's possible but I doubt it... Microsofts launch was to messy and Sony got a strong lead

MS couldn't beat Sony when it had a year's headstart & was priced $200 less for 3 years. So how in the world could anyone think starting at the same time and making a mess of their launch, not having a timed advantage, & no price advantage that MS could win this gen?

It's not impossible, but there's just no way to have any rationalization as to why MS would win this gen.

Well considering how bad Microsofts launch was Sony are not that far ahead in reality Microsoft should of sold like 3M but they're fixing their issues and still gaining sales.

It's been even sales in the U.S. pretty much. The lower priced SKU could make so the X1 outsells the PS4 by a little in the U.S. I doubt it will make it sell more than the PS4 anywhere else.

#94 Edited by slim70 (673 posts) -

I definitely see this happening for several reasons:

(1) the X1 has almost three times the full retail exclusives as the PS4

(2) the X1 has the most new IP's with more to be announced at E3

(3) XBL offers a more stable and reliable online infrastructure

(4) faster updates

(5) a cheaper Kinectless sku matching the PS4's price point

(6) apps are no longer behind a pay-wall

(7) Games for Gold now significantly improved to match the value of PS+

(8) the X1 will be launching in 33 more countries in September which will help significantly in closing the sales gap with the PS4.

Because of Microsoft's strong backing and commitment to creating games for the X1 (and Sony's woeful financial situation) I strongly believe that reasons 1 & 2 will continue throughout the X1 lifecycle.

#95 Edited by hoosier7 (3976 posts) -

@slim70 said:

I definitely see this happening for several reasons:

(1) the X1 has almost three times the full retail exclusives as the PS4

(2) the X1 has the most new IP's with more to be announced at E3

(3) XBL offers a more stable and reliable online infrastructure

(4) a cheaper Kinectless sku matching the PS4's price point

(5) apps are no longer behind a pay-wall

(6) Games for Gold now significantly improved to match the value of PS+

(7) the X1 will be launching in 33 more countries in September which will help significantly in closing the sales gap with the PS4.

Because of Microsoft's strong commitment to creating games for the X1 (and Sony's woeful financial situation) I strongly believe that reasons 1 & 2 will continue throughout the X1 lifecycle.

1) No one is buying these consoles for the current exclusives, there's barely a title over 80 on MC, the X1 couldn't outsell the PS4 with it's biggest title yet. This early in the gen you're buying on potential or the higher quality multiplats. Also it doesn't have 3x as many full retail exclusives, it's 6 vs 3 and that's being generous including the two awful Kinect titles. MS hasn't released an exclusive in months.

2) See above, MS also haven't put out a significant exclusive new IP for more than 5 years.

3) PSN and XBL are pretty level these days, the Xbox has lost this as a selling point.

4) Might help a bit but the Titanfall bundle offered the same value and still didn't overtake the PS4.

5) This isn't going to sell consoles.

6) Lol i'll believe it when i see it since i've been told this for months.

7) This isn't even relative to the prediction, notice US in the thread title? Anyway it won't help much, there's a reason MS didn't launch in these regions as the Xbox brand is non-existent there. If it can't outsell the PS4 in it's strongest territory then it's got no chance elsewhere. It might get a nice little boost from the initial release but it's not going to close that monthly deficit. The gap will return to being widened after a month.

#96 Posted by ominous_titan (812 posts) -

I'm a realist. I realize Sony is broke, 1st party games require cash upfront which they do not have. Psnow will be a flop, they'd be better off making an app they can sell that makes the ps4 backwards compatible. It will be Xmas 2015 before a decent 1st party Sony game is released. Remakes of games like last of us reeks of desperation. Naughty dog is not the same company they once we're hence the exodus of its staff, they obviously know something we don't. If the order 1886 was an xbox game cows would criticize everything about it because it deserves it ,the entire premise is stupid and doesn't look entertaining at all and I suspect there will be a lot of fog in the game to act as cover up for its flaws but cows will claim "teh atmosphere. "It comes down to the one thing in business that is God and that is money. Whoever ends up buying the play station brand may be able to untap it's potential, Sony won't be in existence 4 years from now.

#97 Posted by hehe101 (637 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@hehe101 said:

@clr84651 said:

@hehe101 said:

It's possible but I doubt it... Microsofts launch was to messy and Sony got a strong lead

MS couldn't beat Sony when it had a year's headstart & was priced $200 less for 3 years. So how in the world could anyone think starting at the same time and making a mess of their launch, not having a timed advantage, & no price advantage that MS could win this gen?

It's not impossible, but there's just no way to have any rationalization as to why MS would win this gen.

Well considering how bad Microsofts launch was Sony are not that far ahead in reality Microsoft should of sold like 3M but they're fixing their issues and still gaining sales.

It's been even sales in the U.S. pretty much. The lower priced SKU could make so the X1 outsells the PS4 by a little in the U.S. I doubt it will make it sell more than the PS4 anywhere else.

I also expect it outsell the PS4 in the UK

#98 Posted by bezza2011 (2720 posts) -

ad who would of thought PS3 sales would beat xbox 360 even with a year head start??? People in the real world trust Sony alot more and that showed it last gen, 360 was a great fun console, but the PS3 even with a year disadvantage a massive price difference still became on par and out did 360 in the long run, I don't see it happening PS4 more than likely can get a price cut by the end of the year.

Xbox One for me, needs a redesign slim version and a MASSIVE price cut, in order to gain my interestI'm not willing to pay the same amount for a machine which is well and truly outdated before the gen has started. I know the PS4 is out dated but at least it has a mid range gpu and the most up to date ram you can have, xbox one has a level entry gpu with ordinary ram, it will start to show later in the gen, but it isn't worth the price point in my eyes.

#99 Edited by Peanutbutterz (215 posts) -

In order for me to buy an xbox one, I think it will depend on how much DX12 actually improves the system. Personally, I think that $500 is definitely way too much money. I mean, when you buy a system, you at least gotta get a game, and online membership, and that point, you're already paying over $600 maybe close to $700 if you buy two games. For me, that's unreasonable to get started up on a console. $600 is the breaking point where I'd rather do something else with my money. With $600, I can buy a PS4, an online membership and two new games. If it went down to $400, the only way I'd consider buying is if it had more interesting games than PS4, which isn't the case at this point. I feel like if they make a kinectless, cheaper version of the xbone at $399, I wouldn't buy it because I'd feel like it would be missing a big (yet optional) feature. Last but not least and once again, xbone needs games; Good ones! PS4 needs games too, but xbone needs it more because the console is not as powerful and as cheap.

So basically, in order for me to buy a xbone, this has to happen:

$399 price point w/ kinect

More interesting games to release soon

DX12 is actually a significant boon and not just hype

So really, I'm just hoping for the stars to align lol.

#100 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26338 posts) -

Everyone proceed to laugh.

Ha. Ha.