Analysing Titanfall potential, aka m$ is doomed

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

titanfall will prob be a great game, i will be enjoying it on my pc or x360 (hate origin) but lets look at what impact it could have on x1 sales

x360 has sold around 80m, xbl has around 56m users, 1/3 of those are xbl gold members (according to patchter, i cant find any recent info regarding this)

titanfall is an online only game also releasing for x360 and pc DAY 1

by march x1 will prob have sold 3-4m, because majority of those will be hardcore games lets say 60% are xbl gold subscribers

titanfall will have a potential audience of 1.8m-2.4m xbl gold users at launch

can titanfall be m$ halo or gears for this gen? NO. the release of x360 version on day 1 will harm x1 sales EXPONENTIALLY. pc version to the casual public is irrelevant. titanfall is NOT a graphical powerhouse, i havnt seen anything to suggest x360 cant pull of those visuals. it will help x1 sales a bit but it is not the saviour m$ is hoping for

good day gentlemen.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Titanfall: A new breed of story-driven multiplayer shooter

Titanfall is billed as the next evolutionary step for the first-person shooter genre.

Developed by much of the same talent that revolutionised the genre with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, the mech shooter aims to bridge the gap between single-player and multiplayer and bring a refreshing freedom of movement to a genre bogged down by the restrictions of gravity.

-

Titanfall is a game crammed with interesting, new ideas that will no doubt pave the way for a whole new generation of first-person shooters.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

Loading Video...

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

pc

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

thanks for the update..

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Titanfall be gen 8s Modern Warfare

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I can't wait to see the side-by-side direct-feed comparisons of the PC version / XB1 version / X360 version.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@Netherscourge: have they even shown x1 footage? last i checked everything was pc version. i really dont think there will be much disparity between x1/x360 versions

Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

TitanFall looks generic and average. The only hype for the game is forum nerd hype. This game is too average and too irrelevant to mask the Xbox One PR disaster. PS4s hype is too strong and Sony seems to be riding the momentum. inFamous: Second Son will destroy this game in both sales and reviews you can quote me on that.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

titanfall will prob be a great game, i will be enjoying it on my pc or x360 (hate origin) but lets look at what impact it could have on x1 sales

x360 has sold around 80m, xbl has around 56m users, 1/3 of those are xbl gold members (according to patchter, i cant find any recent info regarding this)

titanfall is an online only game also releasing for x360 and pc DAY 1

by march x1 will prob have sold 3-4m, because majority of those will be hardcore games lets say 60% are xbl gold subscribers

titanfall will have a potential audience of 1.8m-2.4m xbl gold users at launch

can titanfall be m$ halo or gears for this gen? NO. the release of x360 version on day 1 will harm x1 sales EXPONENTIALLY. pc version to the casual public is irrelevant. titanfall is NOT a graphical powerhouse, i havnt seen anything to suggest x360 cant pull of those visuals. it will help x1 sales a bit but it is not the saviour m$ is hoping for

good day gentlemen.

TitanFall will be a system seller for Xbox One. I guarantee it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I think everyone but diehard XBone lems knows this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I have an Xbone and titanFall doesn't appeal to me and I wont be playing it. I'll be playing Destiny instead. On PS4.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Legend500 said:

TitanFall looks generic and average. The only hype for the game is forum nerd hype. This game is too average and too irrelevant to mask the Xbox One PR disaster. PS4s hype is too strong and Sony seems to be riding the momentum. inFamous: Second Son will destroy this game in both sales and reviews you can quote me on that.

you think an exclusive on the ps4 is going to outsell a muitplatform FPS on the PC/xbox one?

really?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

I have a small circle of gaming pals that include a few co-workers. In total, around 9 - although 4 are my closest friends. They are all interested in Titanfall. 3 for PC, and the other 6 for X1. No one would even entertain the idea of getting it for the 360. No matter how many 360's are out there, people will see the PC and X1 version and those will be bought by far the most. Titanfall will move X1 systems and MS will likely throw a Halo sized marketing budget behind it. Expect a Super Bowl commercial and the launch of the beta will be like a fucking event.

Titanfall has been played to many times by to many journalists from to many websites and won to many game of the show awards to not at least be a very good game, and possibly a great one.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@Legend500 said:

I'll leave these here for you to have a read through

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-awards

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-03-titanfall-sweeps-e3-game-critics-awards

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/01/titanfall-could-be-a-game-changer/

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/22/titanfall-preview-xbox-one-pc-gamescom/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.835416-Titanfall-Devs-Surprised-At-Japans-Positive-Reaction-to-its-Game

http://kotaku.com/so-far-titanfall-is-getting-thumbs-up-from-japan-1359751074

http://www.gengame.net/2013/09/titanfall-could-be-microsofts-secret-weapon-in-japan/

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Looks like a boring version of unreal tournement to me.

I do not understand the hype for it.....

@The_Dork_Knight , means nothing until the game is closer to release, and im fed up of these previews and reviews, making out uncharted, cod and games of a similar fashion are THE BEST GAMES EVER .... for shallow reasons.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@shawn30: the average consumer will not move to nextgen until 1-2 years after launch, multiplatform titles are guaranteed to sell better on x360/ps3, same goes for titanfall. there is no way the x1 sales will even come close to x360 sales

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

You want a tissue for all those tears, cow?

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

UGHHHH I forgot this thing is going to use ORIGIN on PC.. might have to settle for that xbone version... or nothing at all

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@shawn30: the average consumer will not move to nextgen until 1-2 years after launch, multiplatform titles are guaranteed to sell better on x360/ps3, same goes for titanfall. there is no way the x1 sales will even come close to x360 sales

You have no idea what you're talking about troll. The average gamer? Do you ever know what the average gamer is? You're not a gamer, you're a Sony troll fanboy with it's head up Sony's ass.

Millions of XOnes will be in consumers hands by the time Titan Fall is released. There will be lots of people buying an XOne just to play this game. We know you're scared but it's ok you can still get an XOne to play the game. No need to sit and cry over it kid.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Cows: Looks boring, plain, generic.

Rest of the world: Can't wait to get this, looks amazing, like cod only improved vastly in how it plays, graphics are pretty good

Cows after launch: Petition for titanfall on playstation, wtf why is this exclusive?, waah wahh moooo.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

It's a shooty mcbang bang game that has had plenty of advertisement, it'll do fine.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Japanese think it's pretty damn awesome, but weeaboo cows can't even see that.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@Phazevariance: @lamprey263: @kingtito: thats a great argument u presented there hahaha keep crying lems, i dont have to buy x1 to play titanfall lololol and neither does anyone else

billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

Im only playing BF4 right now to keep my fingers in shape for TITANFALL.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

You have no idea what you're talking about troll. The average gamer? Do you ever know what the average gamer is? You're not a gamer, you're a Sony troll fanboy with it's head up Sony's ass.

Millions of XOnes will be in consumers hands by the time Titan Fall is released. There will be lots of people buying an XOne just to play this game. We know you're scared but it's ok you can still get an XOne to play the game. No need to sit and cry over it kid.

shawn30 is actually a lem and nothing about his post is pro sony

lol but i think your butt hurt is making extra defensive

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingtito

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Phazevariance: @lamprey263: @kingtito: thats a great argument u presented there hahaha keep crying lems, i dont have to buy x1 to play titanfall lololol and neither does anyone else

You wouldn't buy an XOne regardless troll. Fact of the matter is there will be people that do. Not everyone is troll or fanboy like you ghost. You stay scared kid.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

You wouldn't buy an XOne regardless troll. Fact of the matter is there will be people that do. Not everyone is troll or fanboy like you ghost. You stay scared kid.

like i said, a small number of people will buy x1 for titanfall. the sane majority will buy it for x360 or pc and no i wouldnt buy a garbage console like x1 for just 1 good game

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingtito

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

like i said, a small number of people will buy x1 for titanfall. the sane majority will buy it for x360 or pc and no i wouldnt buy a garbage console like x1 for just 1 good game

And how would you know that? You have NO idea what other people are thinking kid. You're guessing based on our own bias.

Like I said you're a troll fanboy and YOUR opinion means pretty much nothing.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: Worst-case scenario, TitanFall somehow bombs, Halo 5 will save the day, simple as that, they have a backup. Few franchises are mega-successful like Halo is, it definitely has the power to turn the tide, and it has guaranteed sales potential.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

Nope, I have a decent gaming PC. I'll be playing it at 1080p while you squint playing the Xbone 720p version lol.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ghostwarrior786

@Alucard_Prime said:

@ghostwarrior786: Worst-case scenario, TitanFall somehow bombs, Halo 5 will save the day, simple as that, they have a backup. Few franchises are mega-successful like Halo is, it definitely has the power to turn the tide, and it has guaranteed sales potential.

if halo 5 is anything like halo reach/4 i wont be missing anything. last good halo game was 3, the rest are horrible

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

And how would you know that? You have NO idea what other people are thinking kid. You're guessing based on our own bias.

u are setting yourself up for ownage, titanfall will not save x1. the majority will buy for x360 because most people dont buy new consoles this early into next gen.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

why does the xbone need saving exactly? By all accounts it's doing very well and each console is sold at a profit. What exactly does it need saving from?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kingtito

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

u are setting yourself up for ownage, titanfall will not save x1. the majority will buy for x360 because most people dont buy new consoles this early into next gen.

The XOne doesn't need saving troll. It's selling well and will sell even better once Titan Fall releases. It's not like you're objective so your opinion doesn't really matter. You're a Sony drone kid.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

Nope, I have a decent gaming PC. I'll be playing it at 1080p while you squint playing the Xbone 720p version lol.

If your pc is "decent" wouldn't you run it at 720 to? According to system wars, most hermits or anyone that has a pc, has a low spec one. If going by that, if you wanted to game at 1080p, you'd have to play it at low settings because it can't compete with the powah of the ps4.

:P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Titanfall will not have 64 player MP on the X360, but will on the X1; that I think will make a big difference on people wanting it on the X1.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Okay.

KeepClearx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38 KeepClearx
Member since 2013 • 59 Posts

Looks average to me, I would expect the game to get around 7/10. best not to over hype it, then again I could be wrong.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Phazevariance

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Nope but you have to buy a decent PC and pay for MICTOSOFT windows. Keep crying cow moo moo money goes to MS regardless.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Online only game... pass.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Phazevariance

@2ndwonder said:

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

If your pc is "decent" wouldn't you run it at 720 to? According to system wars, most hermits or anyone that has a pc, has a low spec one. If going by that, if you wanted to game at 1080p, you'd have to play it at low settings because it can't compete with the powah of the ps4.

:P

Xbox 360? paid Microsoft

Xbox one? paid Microsoft

PC? paid Microsoft for the OS

decent PC? 720p on low

extreme PC? paid too much to play

Achievement unlocked: cow owned

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Can't wait till march. I'll enjoy the tears of lemmings when titanfall flips on the 11th and then more tears when Infamous second son beats its hype the following week. Don't worry I'll still be making the Titanfall hype thread, but I assure you the infamous second son hype thread will outscore the Titanfall game

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I really want to play this game.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Legend500 said:

It won a bunch of awards and journalists who got to play it have been raving about it.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Phazevariance

@John_Matherson said:

Can't wait till march. I'll enjoy the tears of lemmings when titanfall flips on the 11th and then more tears when Infamous second son beats its hype the following week. Don't worry I'll still be making the Titanfall hype thread, but I assure you the infamous second son hype thread will outscore the Titanfall game

Lol, you really gotta stop taking those hallucinogens before posting.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ghostwarrior786

@kingtito: your as deluded as xbox excutivities, apply for job there you will fit right in. it is surviving of its initial hardcore fanbase, when the dust has settled ps4 will destroy it. its already 1m ahead

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ghostwarrior786

@Phazevariance said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Nope but you have to buy a decent PC and pay for MICTOSOFT windows. Keep crying cow moo moo money goes to MS regardless.

lol pay for windows haha who does that? i have x360, had it since launch and i have decent pc. i dont need to buy anything haha keep convincing yourself people will pay $500 for 1 game

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@danabo said:

Loading Video...

Instead of looking like this cool ass concept art pic of the video, this is how it looks... Next generation is here on X1 and its not looking pretty

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I really want to play this game.

Same. I think it looks fun as ****

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@danabo said:

Instead of looking like this cool ass concept art pic of the video, this is how it looks... Next generation is here on X1 and its not looking pretty

Who cares as long as it's fun?