Analysing Titanfall potential, aka m$ is doomed

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

titanfall will prob be a great game, i will be enjoying it on my pc or x360 (hate origin) but lets look at what impact it could have on x1 sales

x360 has sold around 80m, xbl has around 56m users, 1/3 of those are xbl gold members (according to patchter, i cant find any recent info regarding this)

titanfall is an online only game also releasing for x360 and pc DAY 1

by march x1 will prob have sold 3-4m, because majority of those will be hardcore games lets say 60% are xbl gold subscribers

titanfall will have a potential audience of 1.8m-2.4m xbl gold users at launch

can titanfall be m$ halo or gears for this gen? NO. the release of x360 version on day 1 will harm x1 sales EXPONENTIALLY. pc version to the casual public is irrelevant. titanfall is NOT a graphical powerhouse, i havnt seen anything to suggest x360 cant pull of those visuals. it will help x1 sales a bit but it is not the saviour m$ is hoping for

good day gentlemen.

#2 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

Titanfall: A new breed of story-driven multiplayer shooter

Titanfall is billed as the next evolutionary step for the first-person shooter genre.

Developed by much of the same talent that revolutionised the genre with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, the mech shooter aims to bridge the gap between single-player and multiplayer and bring a refreshing freedom of movement to a genre bogged down by the restrictions of gravity.

-

Titanfall is a game crammed with interesting, new ideas that will no doubt pave the way for a whole new generation of first-person shooters.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

#3 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

pc

#4 Posted by lawlessx (46558 posts) -

thanks for the update..

#5 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10337 posts) -

Titanfall be gen 8s Modern Warfare

#6 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

I can't wait to see the side-by-side direct-feed comparisons of the PC version / XB1 version / X360 version.

#7 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

@Netherscourge: have they even shown x1 footage? last i checked everything was pc version. i really dont think there will be much disparity between x1/x360 versions

#8 Posted by Legend500 (128 posts) -

TitanFall looks generic and average. The only hype for the game is forum nerd hype. This game is too average and too irrelevant to mask the Xbox One PR disaster. PS4s hype is too strong and Sony seems to be riding the momentum. inFamous: Second Son will destroy this game in both sales and reviews you can quote me on that.

#9 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

titanfall will prob be a great game, i will be enjoying it on my pc or x360 (hate origin) but lets look at what impact it could have on x1 sales

x360 has sold around 80m, xbl has around 56m users, 1/3 of those are xbl gold members (according to patchter, i cant find any recent info regarding this)

titanfall is an online only game also releasing for x360 and pc DAY 1

by march x1 will prob have sold 3-4m, because majority of those will be hardcore games lets say 60% are xbl gold subscribers

titanfall will have a potential audience of 1.8m-2.4m xbl gold users at launch

can titanfall be m$ halo or gears for this gen? NO. the release of x360 version on day 1 will harm x1 sales EXPONENTIALLY. pc version to the casual public is irrelevant. titanfall is NOT a graphical powerhouse, i havnt seen anything to suggest x360 cant pull of those visuals. it will help x1 sales a bit but it is not the saviour m$ is hoping for

good day gentlemen.

TitanFall will be a system seller for Xbox One. I guarantee it.

#10 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I think everyone but diehard XBone lems knows this.

#11 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

I have an Xbone and titanFall doesn't appeal to me and I wont be playing it. I'll be playing Destiny instead. On PS4.

#12 Posted by lawlessx (46558 posts) -

TitanFall looks generic and average. The only hype for the game is forum nerd hype. This game is too average and too irrelevant to mask the Xbox One PR disaster. PS4s hype is too strong and Sony seems to be riding the momentum. inFamous: Second Son will destroy this game in both sales and reviews you can quote me on that.

you think an exclusive on the ps4 is going to outsell a muitplatform FPS on the PC/xbox one?

really?

#13 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

I have a small circle of gaming pals that include a few co-workers. In total, around 9 - although 4 are my closest friends. They are all interested in Titanfall. 3 for PC, and the other 6 for X1. No one would even entertain the idea of getting it for the 360. No matter how many 360's are out there, people will see the PC and X1 version and those will be bought by far the most. Titanfall will move X1 systems and MS will likely throw a Halo sized marketing budget behind it. Expect a Super Bowl commercial and the launch of the beta will be like a fucking event.

Titanfall has been played to many times by to many journalists from to many websites and won to many game of the show awards to not at least be a very good game, and possibly a great one.

#14 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -
#15 Edited by MBirdy88 (7704 posts) -

Looks like a boring version of unreal tournement to me.

I do not understand the hype for it.....

@The_Dork_Knight , means nothing until the game is closer to release, and im fed up of these previews and reviews, making out uncharted, cod and games of a similar fashion are THE BEST GAMES EVER .... for shallow reasons.

#16 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

@shawn30: the average consumer will not move to nextgen until 1-2 years after launch, multiplatform titles are guaranteed to sell better on x360/ps3, same goes for titanfall. there is no way the x1 sales will even come close to x360 sales

#17 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

You want a tissue for all those tears, cow?

#18 Posted by Couth_ (10013 posts) -

UGHHHH I forgot this thing is going to use ORIGIN on PC.. might have to settle for that xbone version... or nothing at all

#19 Posted by kingtito (4861 posts) -

@shawn30: the average consumer will not move to nextgen until 1-2 years after launch, multiplatform titles are guaranteed to sell better on x360/ps3, same goes for titanfall. there is no way the x1 sales will even come close to x360 sales

You have no idea what you're talking about troll. The average gamer? Do you ever know what the average gamer is? You're not a gamer, you're a Sony troll fanboy with it's head up Sony's ass.

Millions of XOnes will be in consumers hands by the time Titan Fall is released. There will be lots of people buying an XOne just to play this game. We know you're scared but it's ok you can still get an XOne to play the game. No need to sit and cry over it kid.

#20 Posted by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

Cows: Looks boring, plain, generic.

Rest of the world: Can't wait to get this, looks amazing, like cod only improved vastly in how it plays, graphics are pretty good

Cows after launch: Petition for titanfall on playstation, wtf why is this exclusive?, waah wahh moooo.

#21 Posted by blangenakker (2225 posts) -

It's a shooty mcbang bang game that has had plenty of advertisement, it'll do fine.

#22 Posted by lamprey263 (23170 posts) -

Japanese think it's pretty damn awesome, but weeaboo cows can't even see that.

#23 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

@Phazevariance: @lamprey263: @kingtito: thats a great argument u presented there hahaha keep crying lems, i dont have to buy x1 to play titanfall lololol and neither does anyone else

#24 Edited by billing (617 posts) -

Im only playing BF4 right now to keep my fingers in shape for TITANFALL.

#25 Edited by xxgunslingerxx (4060 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

You have no idea what you're talking about troll. The average gamer? Do you ever know what the average gamer is? You're not a gamer, you're a Sony troll fanboy with it's head up Sony's ass.

Millions of XOnes will be in consumers hands by the time Titan Fall is released. There will be lots of people buying an XOne just to play this game. We know you're scared but it's ok you can still get an XOne to play the game. No need to sit and cry over it kid.

shawn30 is actually a lem and nothing about his post is pro sony

lol but i think your butt hurt is making extra defensive

#26 Posted by kingtito (4861 posts) -

@Phazevariance: @lamprey263: @kingtito: thats a great argument u presented there hahaha keep crying lems, i dont have to buy x1 to play titanfall lololol and neither does anyone else

You wouldn't buy an XOne regardless troll. Fact of the matter is there will be people that do. Not everyone is troll or fanboy like you ghost. You stay scared kid.

#27 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

You wouldn't buy an XOne regardless troll. Fact of the matter is there will be people that do. Not everyone is troll or fanboy like you ghost. You stay scared kid.

like i said, a small number of people will buy x1 for titanfall. the sane majority will buy it for x360 or pc and no i wouldnt buy a garbage console like x1 for just 1 good game

#28 Posted by kingtito (4861 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

like i said, a small number of people will buy x1 for titanfall. the sane majority will buy it for x360 or pc and no i wouldnt buy a garbage console like x1 for just 1 good game

And how would you know that? You have NO idea what other people are thinking kid. You're guessing based on our own bias.

Like I said you're a troll fanboy and YOUR opinion means pretty much nothing.

#29 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2743 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: Worst-case scenario, TitanFall somehow bombs, Halo 5 will save the day, simple as that, they have a backup. Few franchises are mega-successful like Halo is, it definitely has the power to turn the tide, and it has guaranteed sales potential.

#30 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Nope, I have a decent gaming PC. I'll be playing it at 1080p while you squint playing the Xbone 720p version lol.

#31 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: Worst-case scenario, TitanFall somehow bombs, Halo 5 will save the day, simple as that, they have a backup. Few franchises are mega-successful like Halo is, it definitely has the power to turn the tide, and it has guaranteed sales potential.

if halo 5 is anything like halo reach/4 i wont be missing anything. last good halo game was 3, the rest are horrible

#32 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

And how would you know that? You have NO idea what other people are thinking kid. You're guessing based on our own bias.

u are setting yourself up for ownage, titanfall will not save x1. the majority will buy for x360 because most people dont buy new consoles this early into next gen.

#33 Edited by NFJSupreme (5152 posts) -

why does the xbone need saving exactly? By all accounts it's doing very well and each console is sold at a profit. What exactly does it need saving from?

#34 Edited by kingtito (4861 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

u are setting yourself up for ownage, titanfall will not save x1. the majority will buy for x360 because most people dont buy new consoles this early into next gen.

The XOne doesn't need saving troll. It's selling well and will sell even better once Titan Fall releases. It's not like you're objective so your opinion doesn't really matter. You're a Sony drone kid.

#35 Posted by kitty (114554 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

Nope, I have a decent gaming PC. I'll be playing it at 1080p while you squint playing the Xbone 720p version lol.

If your pc is "decent" wouldn't you run it at 720 to? According to system wars, most hermits or anyone that has a pc, has a low spec one. If going by that, if you wanted to game at 1080p, you'd have to play it at low settings because it can't compete with the powah of the ps4.

:P

#36 Posted by lamprey263 (23170 posts) -

Titanfall will not have 64 player MP on the X360, but will on the X1; that I think will make a big difference on people wanting it on the X1.

#37 Posted by clone01 (24524 posts) -

Okay.

#38 Posted by KeepClearx (59 posts) -

Looks average to me, I would expect the game to get around 7/10. best not to over hype it, then again I could be wrong.

#39 Posted by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

Nope but you have to buy a decent PC and pay for MICTOSOFT windows. Keep crying cow moo moo money goes to MS regardless.

#40 Posted by edwardecl (2112 posts) -

Online only game... pass.

#41 Posted by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

If your pc is "decent" wouldn't you run it at 720 to? According to system wars, most hermits or anyone that has a pc, has a low spec one. If going by that, if you wanted to game at 1080p, you'd have to play it at low settings because it can't compete with the powah of the ps4.

:P

Xbox 360? paid Microsoft

Xbox one? paid Microsoft

PC? paid Microsoft for the OS

decent PC? 720p on low

extreme PC? paid too much to play

Achievement unlocked: cow owned

#42 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Can't wait till march. I'll enjoy the tears of lemmings when titanfall flips on the 11th and then more tears when Infamous second son beats its hype the following week. Don't worry I'll still be making the Titanfall hype thread, but I assure you the infamous second son hype thread will outscore the Titanfall game

#43 Posted by freedomfreak (39172 posts) -

I really want to play this game.

#44 Edited by Cranler (8728 posts) -

It won a bunch of awards and journalists who got to play it have been raving about it.

#45 Edited by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

Can't wait till march. I'll enjoy the tears of lemmings when titanfall flips on the 11th and then more tears when Infamous second son beats its hype the following week. Don't worry I'll still be making the Titanfall hype thread, but I assure you the infamous second son hype thread will outscore the Titanfall game

Lol, you really gotta stop taking those hallucinogens before posting.

#46 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

@kingtito: your as deluded as xbox excutivities, apply for job there you will fit right in. it is surviving of its initial hardcore fanbase, when the dust has settled ps4 will destroy it. its already 1m ahead

#47 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3878 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Nope but you have to buy a decent PC and pay for MICTOSOFT windows. Keep crying cow moo moo money goes to MS regardless.

lol pay for windows haha who does that? i have x360, had it since launch and i have decent pc. i dont need to buy anything haha keep convincing yourself people will pay $500 for 1 game

#48 Edited by silversix_ (14075 posts) -

@danabo said:

Instead of looking like this cool ass concept art pic of the video, this is how it looks... Next generation is here on X1 and its not looking pretty

#49 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

I really want to play this game.

Same. I think it looks fun as fuck

#50 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@danabo said:

Instead of looking like this cool ass concept art pic of the video, this is how it looks... Next generation is here on X1 and its not looking pretty

Who cares as long as it's fun?