An Analysis: The gap between Wii U and PS4 is LARGER than 360/PS3 and Wii.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 VenomJamaica
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"]but let me tell you a secret.... the 8gigs in the ps4 wont be all for gaming....... p4s2p0
That isn't a secret everyone knows resources are shared.

The dumb original poster states that 6gigs will be using for games...... smh.... stupid rassclaat idiot!!!!!
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
I Have seen the real specs, the real capabilitiesVenomJamaica
OK then why don't you share them
Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

Cows should be renamed to Rams :roll:

VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 VenomJamaica
[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"] I Have seen the real specs, the real capabilitiesDaBrainz

Unfortunately I can't do that...... I have a great source who is working on a brand new wii u game and it's thru this source that i was shown the full specs of the hidden aspect of the wii u. He said I can talk about the cpu.... because there is too much wrong info about the cpu. I can't say NOTHING about the GPU... but it will be revealed soon so don't worry. Just be a little more patients. Nintendo have a nice wild card up their sleeves they are just waiting on the competition to release their hardware that can't be changed again. :) :D
VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 VenomJamaica

Cows should be renamed to Rams :roll:

Peredith
Hey what does that mean? I keep seeing post about sheeps and stuff... what is the meaning of those animals references? I am confuse.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#256 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] This.

The console is using a 360 level GPU, only slightly better.  

A freaking GPU thats one of THE LOWEST END models of a line of cards that came out in 2008 :| Get real.    

There will be no magical "unlocking" of "powah".  Optimization is not magic.  It is not going to magically add GFLOPS to the GPU, or multiply its ram by 4.  There is a reason every single game shown so far on the Wii U looks like a 360 game.  Sheep are almost at PS3 fanboy circa 2006 levels of denial. 

StrongDeadlift

I hate to link this yet again

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u-behind-the-scenes

Excerppt from article

[Wii U] is a good piece of hardware, it punches above its weight.

It's a very bad idea to look at the specs and determine how powerful this console is because it look more powerul than it is in reality like the gamecube.

The WiiU won;t make graphically intensive games run at 1080P, but expect better looking textures, lighting and other effects in later WiiU games.

*sigh*.  :roll:

No amount of meaningless PR drivel of no actual substance is going to magically make the Wii U's GPU stop being an HD 4645 (its actually worse than an HD 4650.  It has half the texture units (same ammount as 360 btw), and is clocked 100mhz lower).  But since we're posting PR quotes, why didnt you post these from the same article?

"Getting the graphics and GPU to run at an acceptable frame-rate was a real struggle. The hardware was always there, it was always capable. Nintendo gave us a lot of support... that wasn't there at day one... the tools, everything."

"The Wii U has had a bit of a bad rap - people have said it's not as powerful as 360, this, that and the other... Hopefully we'll go some way to proving that wrong." 

Why must you always fall for PR nonsense super600?  You were the same guy quoting the Aliens: Colonial Marines guys several months ago as to why the Wii U was super duper.  :lol: 

No one knows what graphics card it's using because it's heavily modified. There are a bunch of stuff on their that is programmable and some stuff that isn't(i.e like the Wii).And ninty's support to devs trying to learn the hardware was crap before the console released.That was what that person was talking about And I dfo think the cpu is weak, but may be slightly stronger than the CPU's in the 360 and PS3 still. I'm not expecting the WiiU to magically produce games that look 5X better anyway. Most likely 2X better.And I don't believe anything Pitchford says anymore anyway.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"] I Have seen the real specs, the real capabilitiesDaBrainz

He won't because he doesn't know what he is talking about.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
I can't say NOTHING about the GPU... but it will be revealed soon so don't worry. Just be a little more patients. Nintendo have a nice wild card up their sleeves they are just waiting on the competition to release their hardware that can't be changed again. :) :D VenomJamaica
But nintendo not releasing the info is very telling. The wildcard will be games that people will want to play and will look past wii u's weaknesses. Which I can understand. I would play resident evil revelations on 3ds even though vita is my preferred system.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"] I can't say NOTHING about the GPU... but it will be revealed soon so don't worry. Just be a little more patients. Nintendo have a nice wild card up their sleeves they are just waiting on the competition to release their hardware that can't be changed again. :) :D p4s2p0
But nintendo not releasing the info is very telling. The wildcard will be games that people will want to play and will look past wii u's weaknesses.

Ninty has a NDA on any info related to the console's graphics currently.

VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 VenomJamaica
[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"] I can't say NOTHING about the GPU... but it will be revealed soon so don't worry. Just be a little more patients. Nintendo have a nice wild card up their sleeves they are just waiting on the competition to release their hardware that can't be changed again. :) :D p4s2p0
But nintendo not releasing the info is very telling. The wildcard will be games that people will want to play and will look past wii u's weaknesses. Which I can understand. I would play resident evil revelations on 3ds even though vita is my preferred system.

As super600 say... there is a NDA now. But alot of people didn't know that there was still a NDA in effect. I do know what am talking about... I am itching to tell you and prove you sony drones wrong..... but I will be patient and it will be revealed soon. I am not talking about the magnificent games that are coming but on the specs that was purposely hidden from the public to protect their investments.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

I can't imagine the PS4 OS taking up 1GB memory. If they're streaming games and recording everything I really would imagine its 2GB-4GB

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="VenomJamaica"] I can't say NOTHING about the GPU... but it will be revealed soon so don't worry. Just be a little more patients. Nintendo have a nice wild card up their sleeves they are just waiting on the competition to release their hardware that can't be changed again. :) :D VenomJamaica

As super600 say... there is a NDA now. But alot of people didn't know that there was still a NDA in effect. I do know what am talking about... I am itching to tell you and prove you sony drones wrong..... but I will be patient and it will be revealed soon. I am not talking about the magnificent games that are coming but on the specs that was purposely hidden from the public to protect their investments.

Talking about the specs doesn't change the end result.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] But nintendo not releasing the info is very telling. The wildcard will be games that people will want to play and will look past wii u's weaknesses. Which I can understand. I would play resident evil revelations on 3ds even though vita is my preferred system.p4s2p0

Wiii u is out and talking about the specs doesn't change the end result.

Ninty wants people to focus on the actual console not the specs of the console.They have a NDA to prevent people from focusing to much on how weak the console may look on paper if they revealed everything about the specs.They may get rid of the NDA eventually.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
A friend of mine told me that Nintendo secretly hid an entire PS4 in one of the Wii U's chips. Just wait and see guys trust me.
VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 VenomJamaica
A friend of mine told me that Nintendo secretly hid an entire PS4 in one of the Wii U's chips. Just wait and see guys trust me.DaBrainz
You are sooooo right about that. Do you guys remember the developer straight right? Those are the guys who very easily ported mass effect 3 on the system. I have news that they are working on a game for the wii u right now that is very graphically intense. One of the developers (a personal friend of mine) states that the wii u has so much secrets that wasn't disclose and he is very excited of what to come. That got me sooooo excited. I soooo cant wait
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]A friend of mine told me that Nintendo secretly hid an entire PS4 in one of the Wii U's chips. Just wait and see guys trust me.VenomJamaica
You are sooooo right about that. Do you guys remember the developer straight right? Those are the guys who very easily ported mass effect 3 on the system. I have news that they are working on a game for the wii u right now that is very graphically intense. One of the developers (a personal friend of mine) states that the wii u has so much secrets that wasn't disclose and he is very excited of what to come. That got me sooooo excited. I soooo cant wait

We need proof that you are a dev or an industry insider or know that dev?

Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

buy wii U for mario/zelda/nintendo games then, buy everything else elsewhere.

CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 CaptainGamespot

Ninty wants people to focus on the actual console not the specs of the console.They have a NDA to prevent people from focusing to much on how weak the console may look on paper if they revealed everything about the specs.They may get rid of the NDA eventually.

super600

that's an old dance by nintendo, said it for the gamecube and wii too.wii u is just another c/assic move by nintedno.

either way, nda or not, it's not going to attract multiplatorm developers that love pushing hardware.

VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 VenomJamaica

[QUOTE="super600"]

CaptainGamespot

that's an old dance by nintendo, said it for the gamecube and wii too.wii u is just another c/assic move by nintedno.

either way, nda or not, it's not going to attract multiplatorm developers that love pushing hardware.

Attract multiplatform developers that love pushing hardware? Like...... THQ, ROCKSTAR VANCOUVER, Monumental Games, 38 studios, Bizarre, Team Bondi, Propoganda games.. etc the list goes on............... ALOT of devlopers died cause of your special "pushing hardware" limits.... oh please. More developers will die out this gen too with the Mighty ps4 and the nextbox...... Nintendo will be a haven for indie developers and alot of big time developers. So there won't be a big lost for those "multiplatform developers that LOVE pushing hardware" ha....... smh. I pity you friend.
VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 VenomJamaica

[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"][QUOTE="DaBrainz"]A friend of mine told me that Nintendo secretly hid an entire PS4 in one of the Wii U's chips. Just wait and see guys trust me.super600

We need proof that you are a dev or an industry insider or know that dev?

Your proof will come soon enough. You don't have to believe me... that's ok......... but when it is revealed I will be here first to say "I TOLD YOU SO"
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 CaptainGamespot

[QUOTE="CaptainGamespot"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

VenomJamaica

Attract multiplatform developers that love pushing hardware? Like...... THQ, ROCKSTAR VANCOUVER, Monumental Games, 38 studios, Bizarre, Team Bondi, Propoganda games.. etc the list goes on............... ALOT of devlopers died cause of your special "pushing hardware" limits.... oh please. More developers will die out this gen too with the Mighty ps4 and the nextbox...... Nintendo will be a haven for indie developers and alot of big time developers. So there won't be a big lost for those "multiplatform developers that LOVE pushing hardware" ha....... smh. I pity you friend.

every gen devs die, nothing new here. your view is myopic.

those devs pushing hardware also push on pc, and now more powerful hardware means better pc games too. wii u left in the dust once again but thats okay, i got wii u for mario and team.

VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 VenomJamaica

[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"][QUOTE="CaptainGamespot"]

CaptainGamespot

those devs pushing hardware also push on pc, and now more powerful hardware means better pc games too. wii u left in the dust once again but thats okay, i got wii u for mario and team.

In the dust again? Hmm anything you say fool. Let me tell you this..... almost ALL multiplatform games will be available on the wii u. They will not be left out this gen. Plus they have their own first party titles that blow away all multiplatform games in sales. So your arguments are invalid.
VenomJamaica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 VenomJamaica
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="VenomJamaica"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] But nintendo not releasing the info is very telling. The wildcard will be games that people will want to play and will look past wii u's weaknesses. Which I can understand. I would play resident evil revelations on 3ds even though vita is my preferred system.

Why you guys love contradict yoruselves? All you guys do is "talk about specs" now I have given you PROOF that the wii u specs is not terrible and the processor is better than the ps4 but yet you don't wanna talk about specs..... you sony drones never cease to amaze me. You sir got OWNED!!!!!!!! As super600 say... there is a NDA now. But alot of people didn't know that there was still a NDA in effect. I do know what am talking about... I am itching to tell you and prove you sony drones wrong..... but I will be patient and it will be revealed soon. I am not talking about the magnificent games that are coming but on the specs that was purposely hidden from the public to protect their investments.

Talking about the specs doesn't change the end result.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
Numbers are just....numbers I'll see how the devs use their effort for each hardware to display the potential
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 p4s2p0
They probably will get more 3rd party,but I imagine there will be a few games that devs will not want to downgrade to port over. I still find myself asking the question why would people want to play multiplats on it though, when they will be better on the rest.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"]They probably will get more 3rd party,but I imagine there will be a few games that devs will not want to downgrade to port over. I still find myself asking the question why would people want to play multiplats on it though, when they will be better on the rest.

"why would people want to play multiplats on it though, when they will be better on the rest." People always complain about the "lack of" 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles, but when Nintendo gets em, you get either: 1) "Lol ports, who cares about ports?" 2) "Lol, it'll be better on the other systems/ more people will buy it on the other systems, so why should anyone buy 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles?" People will always find a way to complain and cry
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 CaptainGamespot

[QUOTE="CaptainGamespot"]

[QUOTE="VenomJamaica"] Attract multiplatform developers that love pushing hardware? Like...... THQ, ROCKSTAR VANCOUVER, Monumental Games, 38 studios, Bizarre, Team Bondi, Propoganda games.. etc the list goes on............... ALOT of devlopers died cause of your special "pushing hardware" limits.... oh please. More developers will die out this gen too with the Mighty ps4 and the nextbox...... Nintendo will be a haven for indie developers and alot of big time developers. So there won't be a big lost for those "multiplatform developers that LOVE pushing hardware" ha....... smh. I pity you friend.VenomJamaica

In the dust again? Hmm anything you say fool. Let me tell you this..... almost ALL multiplatform games will be available on the wii u. They will not be left out this gen. Plus they have their own first party titles that blow away all multiplatform games in sales. So your arguments are invalid.

u tha fool and are wrong. it's wii support all over again.

also, of course they have good 1st party, duh. that's the reason to buy wii u.

u point= invalid